RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If U R From The Suburbs... Illmac Is Great... If U R From The City... Who Is Illmac? (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=13569)

WillyBrilliante 09-14-2014 06:16 PM

If U R From The Suburbs... Illmac Is Great... If U R From The City... Who Is Illmac?

over time i have pretty much noticed that this is the case... to suburban kids... illmac is top five of all time... but city raised dudes dont even be watchin him... and usually dont even know who he is :funny:

what do u think the reason for that is? if u said because he just spits in a way "only" nerds can relate to... u were correct... that is exactly the reason... for someone like us (city raised people) that shit is so corny its ridiculous... and its unwatchable...

this the very reason that suburban kids rank him top five... but he doesnt even get any views really... its a disconnect and his views only come from the suburbs... if people from the city even know who he is... its a blessing for him lmfao

the best way we can handle this disconnect is to stop trying to compare him with street battlers when they do not do the same thing... for people like illmac, dirty dan, brett badafuco, etc... there needs to be a separate top five... this would eliminate the suburban confusion... why try to compare apples to oranges... when u can compare apples to apples... and oranges to oranges? think about it

Loc 09-14-2014 06:18 PM

shaq o neil

3Face 09-14-2014 06:28 PM

nice thread...

take a shave...

CBA 09-14-2014 06:34 PM

Translation: If you live in a dilapidated area in the US (or other nearby nations), you are most likely not familiar with the battle rapper Illmaculate.

Bobby Swisher 09-14-2014 06:39 PM

willy u r wrong as usual. illmac is top 5. and hes better than anyone on URL.

Brandon Miller 09-14-2014 06:40 PM

only watched illmac because he battled con and hollow

very forgetable

WillyBrilliante 09-14-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Swisher (Post 389518)
willy u r wrong as usual. illmac is top 5. and hes better than anyone on URL.

right... to people from the suburbs... i agree

WillyBrilliante 09-14-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Miller (Post 389519)

very forgetable

dead on... i actually fast forwarde thru him in those battles to tbh

Bobby Swisher 09-14-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyBrilliante (Post 389524)
right... to people from the suburbs... i agree

i dont know how "street" or "gangster" u really are. maybe u r extremely hood. Im a white guy from new orleans and now i live in florida. Im not a gangster nor would i want to be one. But ive hung around plenty of bloods and been threatened by gang members multiple times, i do go to the hood alot to buy drugs and hustle chess. seems like someone like u who spends so much time on a message board rarely be in the hood...

Carl Spackler 09-14-2014 06:56 PM

Does it ever get tiring trying to push the same points under the guise of "new" topics?

bells720 09-14-2014 06:58 PM

How to get Willy to make multiple threads about you. 1. Be white. 2. Beat someone from St. Louis.

CBA 09-14-2014 06:59 PM

People from the ghetto can't often afford to eat lobster. People from the suburbs eat lobster more often. What does this mean? Lobster is for nerds.

Breakneck 09-14-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Miller (Post 389519)

very forgetable

Those are like six years old lol...at least check something reasonably recent to give an honest assessment. Not saying it'll change your mind but be honest.

Lebron Jereurghmy 09-14-2014 07:03 PM

what are you diagnosed with op just curious

Sent from mah muthafuckin trap burner using Slapabop

Bigzero 09-14-2014 07:08 PM

very true.

i only watch illmac vs bigg k for bigg k's round i think illmac was corny in that tbh

Dear Diary 09-14-2014 07:11 PM

i can confirm that Illmac being top 5 also applies if you're a white guy from Central Europe

Seanzo 09-14-2014 07:13 PM

It's crazy how much the same arguments can be rephrased over and over, yet...people still fall for it and argue.

JR77 09-14-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dear Diary (Post 389546)
i can confirm that Illmac being top 5 also applies if you're a white guy from Central Europe

Yup, even if you live in a city

AVOCADO 09-14-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bells720 (Post 389536)
How to get Willy to make multiple threads about you. 1. Be white. 2. Beat someone from St. Louis.

Hahahahah nice

SCVTTERBRVIN 09-14-2014 07:16 PM

illmaculate is dope. im from san diego.

Dear Diary 09-14-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 389548)
Yup, even if you live in a city

correct. where you from bruh?

JR77 09-14-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dear Diary (Post 389553)
correct. where you from bruh?

The great city of Antwerp, which is probably smaller than many suburbs in the US

The Kang 09-14-2014 07:25 PM

I grew up in the suburbs kinda and illmac isnt in my top 15....His last few battles hes taken some cornball angles

Brandon Miller 09-14-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mage BTM (Post 389540)
Those are like six years old lol...at least check something reasonably recent to give an honest assessment. Not saying it'll change your mind but be honest.

he is 1 of those emcees I only watch if he battling some1 I enjoy

just another cortez imo

Bobby Swisher 09-14-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Miller (Post 389558)
he is 1 of those emcees I only watch if he battling some1 I enjoy

just another cortez imo

lol u enjoy conceited and hollow but u dont enjoy illmac?!?

we could never be friends. illmac is levels beyond both of them

Dear Diary 09-14-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 389556)
The great city of Antwerp, which is probably smaller than many suburbs in the US

nice. i'm from Vienna which is decently big but a very safe city so take that however you want.

Gopher D'Gusto 09-14-2014 07:33 PM

Damn Willy. Got me again. I'm white, from the Northern Virginia suburbs, and Illmac is dope as fuck. Be right back, I'm gonna go sulk and cry about how ashamed I am to be who I am. I cordially invite the rest of battle rap's white fanbase to come join me.

Throwback Mike 09-14-2014 07:50 PM

What if you're not from the suburbs or the city and think Illmac's just decent? Is a town with around 130,000 people a city? Is this grey area the reason why I don't think Illmac's great or terrible? I need to know how to classify myself!

Brandon Miller 09-14-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Swisher (Post 389560)
lol u enjoy conceited and hollow but u dont enjoy illmac?!?

we could never be friends. illmac is levels beyond both of them

you choose friends on what battlers they enjoy?
illmac is just not for me just like pat stay

The Kang 09-14-2014 08:47 PM

I live in the big city now so I guess that explains why im not as impressed with Illmac as I used to be

sikwidit 09-14-2014 09:13 PM

If you don't like Illmac I can only assume that you don't like originality. You probably only watch battlers who stick to the same old cookie cutter format of writing every battle. Which is cool when you're very good at it but can also get repetitive.

Seanzo 09-14-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwback Mike (Post 389568)
What if you're not from the suburbs or the city and think Illmac's just decent? Is a town with around 130,000 people a city? Is this grey area the reason why I don't think Illmac's great or terrible? I need to know how to classify myself!

I didn't even know about battle rap when I grew up in a town of 110k!! But now I like Illmaculate living in a trendy urban neighbourhood in a city of 1.1m

IT'S CONFUSING. What parts of my past and my current self contribute to my liking of Illmaculate?! When I like him am I relating to my time in the woods as a child building tree forts? Or are my feelings towards Illmaculate as a battle rapper influenced by the influx of gastro pubs in my neighbourhood and third wave coffee shops?

Or is it the lack of culinary variety that leads to my feelings towards Illmaculate? Is there a chance that having only 8 Pho places within walking distance is affecting my ability to judge battles? Maybe it's the lack of decent, reasonably priced Mexican food, and my subsequent settling for burritos with rice in them.

NickkaJ 09-14-2014 09:25 PM

O-Red said "Tonight ima leave this fag stretched" and we are all just gonna let that shit go wtf ? this forum man

GoldenFlamez 09-14-2014 09:31 PM

Not true, illmac is dope. Thats pretty much all it boils down too.

WillyBrilliante 09-14-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenFlamez (Post 389611)
Not true, illmac is dope. Thats pretty much all it boils down too.

depending on where someone is from that may be true... read th OP

EchosMyron 09-14-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanzo (Post 389605)
Maybe it's the lack of decent, reasonably priced Mexican food, and my subsequent settling for burritos with rice in them.

:( I'm really sorry.

WillyBrilliante 09-14-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Swisher (Post 389530)
i dont know how "street" or "gangster" u really are. maybe u r extremely hood. Im a white guy from new orleans and now i live in florida. Im not a gangster nor would i want to be one. But ive hung around plenty of bloods and been threatened by gang members multiple times, i do go to the hood alot to buy drugs and hustle chess. seems like someone like u who spends so much time on a message board rarely be in the hood...

ummm... i live in st louis county... this has been said before and i had them ip check me to confirm it... im to old to sit out in the streets all day... now i grew up in the city... which is wut i said... if ur "from"

JOBone 09-14-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bells720 (Post 389536)

I don't think Willy would have ever made a thread about Illmac if this wasn't the case because he'd be too busy not watching his battles.

Therefore, Willy is only acknowledging Illmac's relevance by acknowledging Illmac. Rather fascinating when you think about it.

Beaux Jangles 09-14-2014 10:38 PM

thats my biggest problem with this site!!!

too many people with bad opinions from suburbs and fields!!!

farmlife is shameful shit!!!

mooooo!!!

Og Smokinstein 09-14-2014 10:57 PM

Illmac is str8... Wouldn't rate him in my top 20.
Im from the block illmac isn't relate-able to me, but that's not the reason i dnt fuck wit'em.
He can spit multis real well but thats about it. He avoids using the other aspect of battle rap.
People say that the street battlers have a one-dimensional style.
But so does illmac..