RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   can immaculate vs jin still go down? (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=28420)

track 1 08-12-2017 05:38 AM

can immaculate vs jin still go down?

supposed to go down in grind time but never happend. and i fo sho don't wanna see dizaster's wack ass make 1000 asian jokes against jin

make it happen KOTD

Emancee 08-12-2017 06:14 AM

I think that now would be the time to make it happen. Jin's career has been sort of stalling as of late and he might be up for a battle to put it on track. I imagine he'd want someone who gets more views than Illmac though.

irvsykeg 08-14-2017 02:02 PM

as of late?

The Wrist 08-15-2017 06:50 AM

i mean its a free country sorta. why not

Emancee 08-15-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irvsykeg (Post 734353)
as of late?

At one time he was looking like being the Hong Kong Jay-Z, lol.

He was also on Ruff Ryders back when that meant something...

irvsykeg 08-15-2017 08:37 AM

he was on ruff ryders like 20 years ago, not as of late. he also wasn't that big in china, its vastly overstated by american battle rap fans. don't believe me? CHECK YA TIMBS

rogermellie 08-15-2017 08:50 AM

From Jin's Wikipedia it sounds like he's a little busy

"In 2017, he is competing in The Rap of China, a rap reality show based in mainland China, under the alias "HipHopMan". He was wearing a golden mask and did not take it off until the end of instructor choosing process."

The Wrist 08-15-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogermellie (Post 734434)
From Jin's Wikipedia it sounds like he's a little busy

"In 2017, he is competing in The Rap of China, a rap reality show based in mainland China, under the alias "HipHopMan". He was wearing a golden mask and did not take it off until the end of instructor choosing process."

that could be good or bad....

that could be read as, he's so desperate to get on the show, he's doing it in disguise because the producers were like, nah get outta here man, and then when he did his reveal they were all like ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (in chinese)

rogermellie 08-15-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wrist (Post 734435)
that could be good or bad....

that could be read as, he's so desperate to get on the show, he's doing it in disguise because the producers were like, nah get outta here man, and then when he did his reveal they were all like ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (in chinese)

Apparently it's pretty popular, this bit cracked me up though.

"The first episode of season one of The Rap of China was aired on 24 June 2017. Kris Wu and Wilber Pan were individual producers rather than in a group like MC HotDog and Chang Chen-yue. Notable underground rappers such as HipHopMan, Tizzy T, PG One, BrAnt.B, Jony J, AfterJourney, VAVA, Gai, Bridge, Ty and others participated in this season. "Idol" rappers such as Zhou Yixuan of Uniq and C.Jay of Zero-G also competed.[5]"

I guess that's Jin's name from now on

gregrieke20 08-15-2017 04:54 PM

I'd definitely watch. Isn't Jin really religious now too tho? May make him hesitant to battle again.

irvsykeg 08-15-2017 05:31 PM

yeah he goes by christjin now CHECK YA ROBE IT PROLLY SAYS MADE IN CHINAAA

Cuntoffs are Jumps 08-15-2017 05:32 PM

yeah I don't need to see this.

The Wrist 08-16-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogermellie (Post 734436)
Apparently it's pretty popular, this bit cracked me up though.

"The first episode of season one of The Rap of China was aired on 24 June 2017. Kris Wu and Wilber Pan were individual producers rather than in a group like MC HotDog and Chang Chen-yue. Notable underground rappers such as HipHopMan, Tizzy T, PG One, BrAnt.B, Jony J, AfterJourney, VAVA, Gai, Bridge, Ty and others participated in this season. "Idol" rappers such as Zhou Yixuan of Uniq and C.Jay of Zero-G also competed.[5]"

I guess that's Jin's name from now on

man you're burying the lede .....

there's a chinese rapper named MC Hotdog.

thats the best fuckin news i've had in years

The Wrist 08-16-2017 08:46 AM

yo this dudes fire

yooo one of his songs got blacklisted by the chinese gov't because it was about tiwanese girls, which this didn't explain why it isn't allowed but it isn't, so be careful out there

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la...811-story.html

The Wrist 08-16-2017 08:49 AM

hey here he is performing in that dumb mask. turns out the internet has all KINDS of stuff

awww man...the show's getting some heavy criticisms from the "real" hip hop heads.

https://international.thenewslens.com/article/72043

haha wow
"Chen Wei (陳偉), senior deputy CEO of iQIYI, was quick to shrug off the criticisms. “Dissing things they are unsatisfied with is the basic way of hip-hop,”

being dissatisfied really is the 5th element. i'm impressed it translated so authentically all the way to china. how about it we hear it for hip hop yo

"Al Rocco, an American living in Shanghai, told Sixth Tone that he didn’t think his English-language songs would be appreciated on the show. “Honestly, we didn’t expect much. The whole purpose of this was to show my music to the world,” he said, adding that he thought the judges were good artists in their own genres, but that MC HotDog was “the only reputable rapper.”

I'm gonna spend a long time regretting the fact I didn't think to name myself MC HotDog 20 years ago. Fuckin' a man. Credit where credit's due

rogermellie 08-18-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wrist (Post 734543)
hey here he is performing in that dumb mask. turns out the internet has all KINDS of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szH_-49Tts

awww man...the show's getting some heavy criticisms from the "real" hip hop heads.

https://international.thenewslens.com/article/72043

haha wow
"Chen Wei (陳偉), senior deputy CEO of iQIYI, was quick to shrug off the criticisms. “Dissing things they are unsatisfied with is the basic way of hip-hop,”

being dissatisfied really is the 5th element. i'm impressed it translated so authentically all the way to china. how about it we hear it for hip hop yo

"Al Rocco, an American living in Shanghai, told Sixth Tone that he didn’t think his English-language songs would be appreciated on the show. “Honestly, we didn’t expect much. The whole purpose of this was to show my music to the world,” he said, adding that he thought the judges were good artists in their own genres, but that MC HotDog was “the only reputable rapper.”

I'm gonna spend a long time regretting the fact I didn't think to name myself MC HotDog 20 years ago. Fuckin' a man. Credit where credit's due

haha yeah I read that article aswell, that last bit is great. MC HotDog is the only reputable rapper in the world tbh.