RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Live Update KOTD Grand Prix West Division Round 2 Updates (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=30836)

iamHBY 10-18-2020 07:21 PM

KOTD Grand Prix West Division Round 2 Updates

Today, Round 2 of the West division of the KOTD Grand Prix is going down. For the tournament battles, the Dizaster vs. The Saurus rematch and Aktive vs. Saynt are happening, and two non-tournament battles are happening as well, Dre Vishiss vs. Dot Everything and Da Kid Clutch vs. T.K.

Right now, they’re voting in the comments between Eddy I., Caustic, Lotta Zay and Brixx Belvy to step in and replace Chef Trez against So Severe, after Trez had to drop out due to medical issues.

TheGodOfPez 10-18-2020 07:33 PM

Voted Caustic but Eddy is in the lead by a good margin.

TheGodOfPez 10-18-2020 07:34 PM

Also, sending love to Trez, hope his hospital visit goes well. No news on why he’s in.

ThaDiz 10-18-2020 07:39 PM

Good effort thank you I'd forgotten about this, will stay up n check it out. What time do the battles start?

iamHBY 10-18-2020 07:40 PM

1st battle will be up momentarily, Dre Vishiss vs. Dot Everything got postponed, so it’ll only be 3 battles today.

TheGodOfPez 10-18-2020 08:01 PM

These Twitch comments are hilarious. TK started off fire, but the choke is probably gonna seal his fate. Da Kid Clutch isn’t bad, but I predict a 2-1 prediction. Average battle overall.

iamHBY 10-18-2020 08:13 PM

I gave it to Clutch 3-0. I think T.K. has a solid delivery, and a few good lines here and there, but I thought Clutch was better consistently every round, and I feel bad for T.K.'s ending in the 3rd.

TheGodOfPez 10-18-2020 08:33 PM

Saynt wants that $50k the most so far I think.

iamHBY 10-18-2020 08:40 PM

Best Aktive performance I've seen, but I had Saynt taking every round. Saynt's been stepping his game up recently, and I think his punches were on fire today for sure.

Saynt got the 4-1 decision.

iamHBY 10-18-2020 09:29 PM

Diz/Saurus was super crazy, better than the original match in my opinion. I think I edged it to Saurus though, but the judges gave it to Diz in a close 3-2 decision.

TheGodOfPez 10-18-2020 09:48 PM

Pete losing = </3

Forgetting his final bars (which were flames as he slay them in a post battle interview) really could’ve been the difference.

KOTD just wants Diz as their poster child, it looks like.

mek 10-18-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez (Post 765109)
Pete losing = </3

Forgetting his final bars (which were flames as he slay them in a post battle interview) really couldíve been the difference.

if that was the case i dont think they have him go up against saurus inthe first round

Emancee 10-18-2020 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez (Post 765109)
Pete losing = </3

Forgetting his final bars (which were flames as he slay them in a post battle interview) really could’ve been the difference.

Nah, Diz won that legitimately. Pete must be kicking himself for admitting that choke. He actually got the words out and everything. It would have been a soft finish, but by kicking the ground and telling fuuuuucckkk, it gives the judges an excuse to make the easy decision in a really close, competitive match.

But wow what a match, easily the best one of the tournament so far. Saurus' multi game is on point

ErikForeman 10-19-2020 12:12 AM

Had Diz edging it due to the closer. Thesaurus was spot on in his analysis of it. You could argue he won too. Overall though fun event and fun chat

Emancee 10-19-2020 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikForeman (Post 765117)
Had Diz edging it due to the closer. Thesaurus was spot on in his analysis of it. You could argue he won too. Overall though fun event and fun chat

For sure. I think the final call was 2 for Saurus and 3 for Diz. Considering that Pete had that obvious fuck up in the third, it showed how bad he wanted this.

Profess 10-19-2020 03:18 AM

:getitpoppin:

Classic. Diz vs Pete might be the best battle I've ever seen.

iamHBY 10-19-2020 03:24 AM

And then for next week, in addition to Clone vs. Hays The Family Man and Eddy I. vs. So Severe in Round 2 of the South division of the tournament, Lu Cipher vs. Street Hymns and Duce vs. PC will also be happening as well as non-tournament battles.

peace 10-19-2020 05:45 PM

Battle seemed debatable when it happened, but Saurus got robbed on second watch. I have him taking the second and third clear. Great battle anyway. Diz/Saurus or Marv/Gauge have been the best of the tourney.

Aktive/Saynt was pretty good. Always thought Aktive was underrated. Very fire rapper.

Wish the tourney battles weren't only 28 days apart. Just one extra week could be enough to prevent the chokes and stumbles.

clapburn 10-20-2020 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765119)

What? That statement really makes me wanna see this now. I will call u out.. i can think of lots of great battles. Send link if yall got it.. u are trolling

Emancee 10-20-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peace (Post 765125)
Battle seemed debatable when it happened, but Saurus got robbed on second watch. I have him taking the second and third clear. Great battle anyway. Diz/Saurus or Marv/Gauge have been the best of the tourney.

I think everyone would agree. It basically come down to your attitude about the choke. Does it lose Pete the round that he clearly won or not? The judge's split decision suggests that there wasn't a lot of consistency with the rules and the judges based on their own values rather than consistent voting rules, but that's not that unusual as only dweebs like Knamelis need overly thought out voting systems to make a decision.

Abstrakt 10-20-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Better than verb/Hitman, jc vs chilla, hollow vs lux, nitty vs Solomon and illmac vs bigg k?

Abstrakt 10-20-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 765108)
Diz/Saurus was super crazy, better than the original match in my opinion. I think I edged it to Saurus though, but the judges gave it to Diz in a close 3-2 decision.

Lol Iíd hope it was better than the original...

Shadowposter 10-20-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry man but thatís just ridiculous. It was decent but come on.

Profess 10-21-2020 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abstrakt (Post 765134)
Better than verb/Hitman, jc vs chilla, hollow vs lux, nitty vs Solomon and illmac vs bigg k?

It was damn good. Have you seen it?

I'm def watching it again. I really liked how Diz addressed Pete not getting a rematch with Iron and clowning him for never being on Url or RBE.

I hope we look back at this battle and see it as the reason why The Saurus gets (if he does) an RBE battle. IMO, it hurts his legacy never having been on there.

I'd like to see him and Iron battle there

Emancee 10-21-2020 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765137)
It was damn good. Have you seen it?

I'm def watching it again. I really liked how Diz addressed Pete not getting a rematch with Iron and clowning him for never being on Url or RBE.

I hope we look back at this battle and see it as the reason why The Saurus gets (if he does) an RBE battle. IMO, it hurts his legacy never having been on there.

I'd like to see him and Iron battle there

This definitely makes the case that Saurus could hang with Iron if he ever gets the chance. Hopefully, this tournament will help people realize how much doper strict time limits are as Saurus vs. Diz was exactly the length it needed to be. Iron vs. Saurus needs to be a similar length. A bloated or god forbid third round unlimited would have definitely screwed the pooch.

Profess 10-23-2020 03:56 PM

Time limits, yes! Contrast this with Diz's snoozefest vs Soul Khan.

I like battles with history around them. When The Saurus and Iron originally battled on Jump Off.. did something go down - that left legit unfinished business?

It's been so long, that I honestly forget. It's not that just Pete lost in a fair fight, is it?

ThaDiz 10-23-2020 05:25 PM

Wasn't it just that Solomon used writtens vs Thesaurus free styling and at that the time that was against the honor code or whatever lol? I could be wrong but I swear that was it.

ass2myface 10-23-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765153)
Time limits, yes! Contrast this with Diz's snoozefest vs Soul Khan.

I like battles with history around them. When The Saurus and Iron originally battled on Jump Off.. did something go down - that left legit unfinished business?

It's been so long, that I honestly forget. It's not that just Pete lost in a fair fight, is it?

If I recall right, Iron kind of ambushed the saurus with written material. Think it was after Spin The Mic also, so the saurus was mainly free styling.

Personally would still like to see it cause I was invested in that time frame. I can see why others would of rather seen Iron battle the Rum NItty, B-Magic, Daylyt,Diz's etc of the world though. Battling the saurus would probably be one of his lowest viewed battles also to be fair. Saurus could easily win though, if it ever happens.

Emancee 10-24-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ass2myface (Post 765155)
If I recall right, Iron kind of ambushed the saurus with written material. Think it was after Spin The Mic also, so the saurus was mainly free styling..

Yeah this was pretty much it. Saurus had been battling the whole day and pretty much had no intention of battling. Solomon turned up with Jumpoff in tow and used rounds that he'd clearly been planning for a long time. This was back in the days when people actually cared about losing.

Back then it was annoying because it was a meh battle considering the potential, but these days I doubt anyone cares except the old schoolers and I agree with you that Saurus would be a drop in the level of opponent compared to his recent run. It also has the added risk of Saurus potentially clearly beating him, so the risk-reward is probably too high.

Profess 10-25-2020 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 765157)
Yeah this was pretty much it. Saurus had been battling the whole day and pretty much had no intention of battling. Solomon turned up with Jumpoff in tow and used rounds that he'd clearly been planning for a long time. This was back in the days when people actually cared about losing.

Back then it was annoying because it was a meh battle considering the potential, but these days I doubt anyone cares except the old schoolers and I agree with you that Saurus would be a drop in the level of opponent compared to his recent run. It also has the added risk of Saurus potentially clearly beating him, so the risk-reward is probably too high.

The Saurus is friends with Nikkia Osborn. Did Nikkia's and Iron ever settle their differences after Iron offended his wife at Massacre? If not, Pete might have an angle there.

Emancee 10-25-2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765159)
The Saurus is friends with Nikkia Osborn. Did Nikkia's and Iron ever settle their differences after Iron offended his wife at Massacre? If not, Pete might have an angle there.

Pete loves the disloyal/backstabber angle, so I'm sure that and the KOTD on-again-off-again relationship will definitely come up.

Water Mage 10-25-2020 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 765157)

Back then it was annoying because it was a meh battle considering the potential.

And yet it was still an impressive battle, Solomon basically cheated, had some really bad writtens and The Saurus styled on Solomon in a big way -- Freestyling for long rounds and being very consistent, better punchlines too ... The whole battle just shows how much of a beast The Saurus is.. And The Saurus won that

The Saurus was on fire that night and The Saurus vs Absoloot is one of my favorite performances... The Saurus cooked that guy

Profess 10-25-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Mage (Post 765161)
And yet it was still an impressive battle, Solomon basically cheated, had some really bad writtens and The Saurus styled on Solomon in a big way -- Freestyling for long rounds and being very consistent, better punchlines too ... The whole battle just shows how much of a beast The Saurus is.. And The Saurus won that

The Saurus was on fire that night and The Saurus vs Absoloot is one of my favorite performances... The Saurus cooked that guy

If SEED did a Watch with that battle. Who would be the best co-hosts?

Profess 10-25-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 765160)
Pete loves the disloyal/backstabber angle, so I'm sure that and the KOTD on-again-off-again relationship will definitely come up.

That plus a 'Real Talk' 3rd gives The Saurus enviable positioning. Would Iron have to rely solely on technical skill?

Profess 10-26-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDiz (Post 765154)
Wasn't it just that Solomon used writtens vs Thesaurus free styling and at that the time that was against the honor code or whatever lol? I could be wrong but I swear that was it.

I guess Iron ambushed him after an event with a camera crew. Some people say The Saurus still styled on him live but Iron's group must have edited it in someway for Jump Off

Profess 10-26-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ass2myface (Post 765155)
If I recall right, Iron kind of ambushed the saurus with written material. Think it was after Spin The Mic also, so the saurus was mainly free styling.

Personally would still like to see it cause I was invested in that time frame. I can see why others would of rather seen Iron battle the Rum NItty, B-Magic, Daylyt,Diz's etc of the world though. Battling the saurus would probably be one of his lowest viewed battles also to be fair. Saurus could easily win though, if it ever happens.

2021 could be the year Pete goes on an RBE run. His stock is at a recent high due to his respectable showing vs Diz.

Who else would you have The Saurus battle in a 3 battle contract with RBE in addition to Iron ?

Chef Trez

Hollow

Emancee 10-26-2020 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765170)
I guess Iron ambushed him after an event with a camera crew. Some people say The Saurus still styled on him live but Iron's group must have edited it in someway for Jump Off

Never heard that. I don't think that I ever heard about anything happening that isn't on camera. Plus Jumpoff is, if anything, more likely to be biased towards Pete than Iron as Saurus was competing in a bunch of their competitions at the time.

Also ambushed is too strong a word. Jumpoff were there because they were the organizers of the event and so Iron came down and basically got Jumpoff to film it. With Jumpoff there, Pete accepted and went full freestyle whereas Iron went almost completely writtten. The fact that Pete wasn't completely destroyed by like 6 months of writtens says a lot about Saurus as a freestyler.

Emancee 10-26-2020 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765169)
That plus a 'Real Talk' 3rd gives The Saurus enviable positioning. Would Iron have to rely solely on technical skill?

Probably.

Honestly Iron doesn't really do personals, most of the time he is happier battling on a technical level than digging dirt so I imagine he would take that approach vs. Saurus too.

Water Mage 10-28-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765168)
If SEED did a Watch with that battle. Who would be the best co-hosts?

Oh man, I don't even have much experience with that series, even though I think it's great.. So hard to say...

If Illmac is a good on that, then I'd say Illmac, since he was there that night...

Honestly, I'd just like someone to be there who is opinionated and outspoken about it... Let's be real, Solomon's writtens were garbage, even in context, Solomon deserves to be called out for that battle and The Saurus' performance in that battle is under-rated

"I can tell from lookin at him, he's about as New York as a wooden cabin" > than anything that Solomon said that battle

Emancee 10-28-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Mage (Post 765188)
If Illmac is a good on that, then I'd say Illmac, since he was there that night...

Honestly, I'd just like someone to be there who is opinionated and outspoken about it... Let's be real, Solomon's writtens were garbage, even in context, Solomon deserves to be called out for that battle and The Saurus' performance in that battle is under-rated

"I can tell from lookin at him, he's about as New York as a wooden cabin" > than anything that Solomon said that battle

For sure. One of the problems with Watch is that they often get people that don't know what really went down that event. They could have a legendary series by getting bystanders to comment on classics that they watched live. Who wouldn't want to hear what Saurus vs. Pat, Saurus vs. Solomon, Illmac vs. Ars, Ars vs. Charron were actually like live?!?

Now that your hood pass has been restored, get back on it, Avo...:inzain: