RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   The Yard (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any anime heads? (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=24549)

Rant 03-11-2016 12:11 AM

Any anime heads?
 
Give me some suggestions. Preferably nothing I've probably seen. Which includes most "popular" anime.

Toronto 03-11-2016 01:33 AM

there is this new anime called Naruto. its pretty good

its def got some potential

Rant 03-11-2016 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toronto (Post 646846)
there is this new anime called Naruto. its pretty good

its def got some potential

:jo-bone:

Wolfpac187 03-11-2016 06:18 AM

check the picture breh

JR77 03-11-2016 12:29 PM

Ouran High School Host Club
...
Maybe you could give an indication of what type of shit you like?

Rant 03-11-2016 03:17 PM

I tend toward Seinen thrillers, with a psychological edge.(Another, Parasyte -the maxim-, Ghost Hound, Welcome to The NHK, although it's less thriller, more dramedy. Still a strong psychological overtone.) However, I'm also into Shonen Martial Arts anime.(One Piece, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, etc.) I'm pretty open to everything in between, too, @JR77. Sorry for any confusion. Also, OHSHC is a solid anime. A little too slice of life for my tastes, but, it was certainly watchable and kept me entertained. @Wolfpac187 Props, bruv. Good choice. Up votes for both of you.

JR77 03-11-2016 03:38 PM

The following are (pretty) good seinen animes I've watched or heard good things about, but most of them are popular so you may know them already ...

Baccano
Requiem for the Phantom
Black Lagoon
Gungrave
Shigofumi
Fullmetal Panic (not fumoffu)
Akagi (slow and all about mahjong, but quite fascinating)
Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Jormungand
When they cry
Sword Art Online
Black Butler
Psycho-Pass
Shiki

(these are very well known I guess)
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan
Death Note
Code Geass
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Ghost in the Shell

Rant 03-11-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 646920)
The following are (pretty) good seinen animes I've watched or heard good things about, but most of them are popular so you may know them already ...

Baccano
Requiem for the Phantom
Black Lagoon
Gungrave
Shigofumi
Fullmetal Panic (not fumoffu)
Akagi (slow and all about mahjong, but quite fascinating)
Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Jormungand
When they cry
Sword Art Online
Black Butler
Psycho-Pass
Shiki

(these are very well known I guess)
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan
Death Note
Code Geass
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Ghost in the Shell

Underlined are series I thought were 10/10. Bolded I have not seen yet. Which of those have you seen aside from Akagi? Could you give a very brief overview of what they deal with? Thanks in advance, Brofessor X.

Edit: Is Akagi related to Ten? Ten is also about Mahjong. It's an awesome manga. Editing this again, because it is in fact a spin-off. About Shigeru Akagi. Must watch, then, imo.

ghettonetics 03-13-2016 10:08 PM

well im glad u asked, a long time ago someone showed me this anime called "hajime no ippo" and its about this kid that gets bullied at school by guys with pompadours so he starts learning how to box, and it turns out he secretly has the true spirit of the boxer within him and he beats everyones ass....its actually not a very crazy action packed one and theres no ppl shooting lasers or any of that....but i liked it

Rant 03-14-2016 12:58 AM

I've seen Hajime No Ippo. I watched it shortly after seeing Baki The Grappler, because I wanted a similarly sports themed anime. Both seasons were pretty solid. 7/10, though, just because I don't tend toward sports anime. Upvote for you.

Blackademiks 03-20-2016 05:52 PM

I'm a shounen guy but I don't really follow as much anime/manga as I used to.

Big fan of Berserk, HunterXHunter & JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Also My Hero Acadamia is a new-ish Shounen Jump series that's pretty solid. It's getting an anime in 2 weeks, worth looking into.

RonRon da Dong 03-22-2016 02:35 PM

AKIRA is 1 of my all time favorite movies. Some others I enjoy but you've probably seen:

Fist of the North Star
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Ghost in the Shell
Devilman
Hellsing
Genocyber
Street Fighter 2
Berserk (when it's not being over the top with gay shit)

Series are admittedly harder for me to get into because they tend to be stretched out to the point of borderline boring. I still haven't finished death note, attack in titan, etc and not sure if I ever will.

riffic 03-22-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettonetics (Post 647330)
well im glad u asked, a long time ago someone showed me this anime called "hajime no ippo" and its about this kid that gets bullied at school by guys with pompadours so he starts learning how to box, and it turns out he secretly has the true spirit of the boxer within him and he beats everyones ass....its actually not a very crazy action packed one and theres no ppl shooting lasers or any of that....but i liked it

that's almost exactly what Karate Kid is lol

ghettonetics 03-22-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riffic (Post 649741)
that's almost exactly what Karate Kid is lol

and karate kid is one of the best movies ever

Rant 03-23-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong (Post 649611)
AKIRA is 1 of my all time favorite movies. Some others I enjoy but you've probably seen:

Fist of the North Star
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Ghost in the Shell
Devilman
Hellsing
Genocyber
Street Fighter 2
Berserk (when it's not being over the top with gay shit)

Series are admittedly harder for me to get into because they tend to be stretched out to the point of borderline boring. I still haven't finished death note, attack in titan, etc and not sure if I ever will.

I have not seen the bolded. Thanks for the suggestions!

Silva Deville 04-03-2016 09:02 PM

Have you seen Basilisk?

Silva Deville 04-03-2016 09:04 PM

Toonami & Adult Swim turned me into an anime lover back in the day, I loved all those series, Have you seen Appleseed yet too?

Silva Deville 04-03-2016 09:05 PM

High School of the Dead is fire too btw.

Rant 04-06-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silva Deville (Post 652566)
Toonami & Adult Swim turned me into an anime lover back in the day, I loved all those series, Have you seen Appleseed yet too?

Same. The first anime I saw was Sailor Moon on Toonami in the mid-90's.

averagejoe 04-06-2016 11:38 AM

ass holes i make anime all the time n its shit u like

not enuff effects?


digimon season 1 is fucking sick btw (or 2?) the dark master episodes is >>

Silva Deville 05-02-2016 02:37 PM

Digimon is a certified classic, just like Yugioh.

Silva Deville 05-02-2016 02:38 PM

Zach Bell & Sakura Card Capture is with those types of Animes too

Rant 08-07-2016 01:41 AM

I'm surprised this thread is still on the first page. I didn't care for the Sakura Card Captor series, but, did really like the feature film. Zatch Bell was eh. While in the same genre, tended too much toward the comedic for my tastes. Interesting animation style, though. Digimon and Yugioh, both gold. @Blackademiks I haven't read My Hero Academia, but, have been considering watching it. How was it? @Silva Deville did the fan service in High School of The Dead detract from the story for you, if there was much of one? It's another I've been considering seeing.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.