RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does a battler wins the battle if he/she has more memorable moments? (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=28891)

Assassin Ben 01-03-2018 01:26 AM

Does a battler wins the battle if he/she has more memorable moments?

Like after 2 months time, if I remember a battler's rhymes and schemes better than their opponent does that mean they win in your minds?

I've been watching battle rap since 2005 and been producing music for rappers since 2009 and I've always wondered what people thought about this.

What ya'll think?

This aint subtle at all but check out my music in my sig. like/subscribe

Neanderthol 01-03-2018 02:03 AM

since wins and losses mean nothing in battle rap, sure

this happens to me a lot actually-I end up reciting or randomly remembering certain bars or schemes whether or not they were the winners but I've long moved on from viewing battles like that tbh-I listen to battles like Illmac/bender, Geechi/Glueazy, Chilla/Day, Bigg K/Ill Will constantly and it is much like I listen to albums:a collection of fire verses with "favorite parts" here and there and things that can continually be discovered

the strangest example of this for me was how I would find myself remembering parts of Syd's death to Bender like "picture Ben with a black trenchcoat and a rifle
grabbin his knife too, still mad about high school
driving to the reunion shoot at his rivals
losin his mind quicker than he loses his titles" (damnear the only clean bars he got out in his first)
"...that multisylabic rhystyle is scary but every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a rhyme dictionary...on Rapmusic, that dude is, practically a legend..."
weird I know

Assassin Ben 01-03-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neanderthol (Post 741081)
since wins and losses mean nothing in battle rap, sure

this happens to me a lot actually-I end up reciting or randomly remembering certain bars or schemes whether or not they were the winners but I've long moved on from viewing battles like that tbh-I listen to battles like Illmac/bender, Geechi/Glueazy, Chilla/Day, Bigg K/Ill Will constantly and it is much like I listen to albums:a collection of fire verses with "favorite parts" here and there and things that can continually be discovered

I totally agree with you, like you...there are bars from GT that I still remember today like...

DLor's "Gladiator Scheme"
Heartless "Roll like a tumbleweed"
Pass vs Hollow like everything lol

Battles with replay value are akin to listening to your favourite album repeatedly. I'm a believer in SURF's "it's about the fight win or loss..." it aint necessarily who you battle.

youdontwannabethatguy 01-03-2018 11:27 AM

i dont really care who wins anymore tbf if i prefer your rounds and i go back to watch shit you did in the battle more you won to me

Assassin Ben 01-03-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy (Post 741105)
i dont really care who wins anymore tbf if i prefer your rounds and i go back to watch shit you did in the battle more you won to me

cosign! This seems to be a symptom of seasoned battle rap viewers, there's so much going on these days...it's even harder to determine the winner of battles now than it was back in 2009.

Replay value/ viewcount are everything.

Battlehogg 01-03-2018 01:26 PM

If they win in your opinion then to you they take the W.

Battlehogg 01-03-2018 01:27 PM

A lot of shitty opinions going around though

Emancee 01-03-2018 03:32 PM

Honestly rappers should be trying to get remembered or quoted. Plenty of battles where one guy won, but the other rapper had such fire bars that their career went further. Hollow beat Tay Roc, but it did more for Tay Roc's career. Bulletz beat Saurus, but Saurus' third is so quotable it is hard to remember that.

Cuntoffs are Jumps 01-03-2018 05:41 PM

just watched rap grid's 2017 room shakers and from that I'd say Roc destroyed Hollow, kinda depends - if someone has a better overall performance but the opponent has more moments, I'd side with the moments...but that's just laziness on my part as a viewer probably.

I think a battler's profile increases more with moments than just wins but that's not what you were asking.

Sky2real 01-04-2018 02:56 AM

Without question. This is nothing new. This is why to any seasoned fan, Osolo beat Swave and Eness beat DNA.

iamHBY 01-04-2018 03:15 AM

Is this also like how if someone goes last, people have them winning the battle? That seems to be the only way I can see why I've seen people say stuff like that Clips beat Hollow, or that Chess beat DNA.

Assassin Ben 01-04-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741114)
Honestly rappers should be trying to get remembered or quoted. Plenty of battles where one guy won, but the other rapper had such fire bars that their career went further. Hollow beat Tay Roc, but it did more for Tay Roc's career. Bulletz beat Saurus, but Saurus' third is so quotable it is hard to remember that.

This is so on point it's scary and there are lots of these instances to serve as examples. I've seen top tier battlers get bodied and still win due to the 'law of memorability'. Longevity says a lot.

Assassin Ben 01-04-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky2real (Post 741139)
Without question. This is nothing new. This is why to any seasoned fan, Osolo beat Swave and Eness beat DNA.

ditto, Osolo became infamous on night, still being quoted today, off that battle.

Assassin Ben 01-04-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps (Post 741121)
just watched rap grid's 2017 room shakers and from that I'd say Roc destroyed Hollow, kinda depends - if someone has a better overall performance but the opponent has more moments, I'd side with the moments...but that's just laziness on my part as a viewer probably.

I like this counter argument and Roc vs Hollow is a perfect example. The law of memorability says Roc took it clearly but some peeps think Hollow got it. I can remember damn near a full round of Roc from that battle and a few moment from Hollow.

Roc def took that for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 741140)
Is this also like how if someone goes last, people have them winning the battle? That seems to be the only way I can see why I've seen people say stuff like that Clips beat Hollow, or that Chess beat DNA.

:funny: @ clips beating Hollow. These folks have short memories

iamHBY 01-04-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin Ben (Post 741152)
I like this counter argument and Roc vs Hollow is a perfect example. The law of memorability says Roc took it clearly but some peeps think Hollow got it. I can remember damn near a full round of Roc from that battle and a few moment from Hollow.

Roc def took that for me.

:funny: @ clips beating Hollow. These folks have short memories

Some folks have short memories for sure.

brodeezy 01-06-2018 06:05 AM

yes. absolutely. once the dweebs settle down debating which longass multi they liked the best, all that matters is what u remember in the long run cuz thats what makes u wanna rewatch or talk about the battle.

Assassin Ben 01-06-2018 08:29 PM

what are the most memorable lines of the year?

Emancee 01-06-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin Ben (Post 741238)

Tay Roc's seatbelt line, probably.

iamHBY 01-07-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin Ben (Post 741238)

That “You even battled the damn host” line Hollow had against Diz.

GetPaid 01-07-2018 07:14 AM

You win the battle if people want to see more of you after they watch it. There can be two winners.

Assassin Ben 01-07-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741246)

definitely has replay view

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 741247)
That “You even battled the damn host” line Hollow had against Diz.

this line was aite, one of the better ones this year.

I think JC's amine/anna mae line will turn out to be like that

brodeezy 01-08-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741246)

tay roc was so fuckin fire in that round smfh

that and fitted fit on were top 2 of the year

Assassin Ben 01-08-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 741291)
tay roc was so fuckin fire in that round smfh

that and fitted fit on were top 2 of the year

yeah the fitted fit on line was hard!!!

Assassin Ben 01-08-2018 10:41 PM

Swave's Savage 21 line
Twerk's tear a dactyl
Reepah Riley's stu stu stu every bullet had his name on it

iamHBY 01-08-2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin Ben (Post 741293)
Swave's Savage 21 line
Twerk's tear a dactyl
Reepah Riley's stu stu stu every bullet had his name on it

I thought the 21 Savage line against Tink was from 2016.

rogermellie 01-09-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin Ben (Post 741293)
Twerk's tear a dactyl

Can I get a full quote of this bar please?

The Wrist 01-09-2018 10:33 AM

I mean.....if all else is equal....yea...I think so....

like if the rapping ability and all other things are relatively equal, this is usually how i'd judge a battle............................................ .i think