RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battle KOTD x CO - Tony D vs Soul | #COVol3 (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=29093)

iamHBY 03-12-2018 04:02 PM

KOTD x CO - Tony D vs Soul | #COVol3

sleeping dogs 03-12-2018 05:04 PM

soul eviscerated tony... is there anyone on soul's level in terms of angles and character breakdown writing?

youdontwannabethatguy 03-12-2018 05:57 PM

R.I.P tony this was a good time to retire tbf

iamHBY 03-12-2018 06:57 PM

Soul bodied Tony badly.

Cuntoffs are Jumps 03-13-2018 12:01 AM

why hasn't Soul vs Respek BA happened?

Cuntoffs are Jumps 03-13-2018 12:46 AM

he pitched up to test tone like a tuning fork is fire

Emancee 03-13-2018 03:36 AM

Hilarious that Soul is going in on Tony for hiding generic content with obscure literary references. That whole style was Soul's bread and butter for the first couple of years of his career (and the leftover relics of it was why he lost the title).

Honestly I prefered Tone's material, it was just so much more entertaining to watch and the writing was a lot better for me here. Unfortunately, Soul was never going to lose this one. He was just too hungry.

sleeping dogs 03-13-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 743627)
Hilarious that Soul is going in on Tony for hiding generic content with obscure literary references. That whole style was Soul's bread and butter for the first couple of years of his career (and the leftover relics of it was why he lost the title).

Honestly I prefered Tone's material, it was just so much more entertaining to watch and the writing was a lot better for me here. Unfortunately, Soul was never going to lose this one. He was just too hungry.

You're right, but Soul does address the irony there. During Soul's rise to the top in DF he became very adept at tailored material and personals. That whole "Tony's scared to try because he wouldn't have an excuse
bit was coooooollldddd.

sleeping dogs 03-13-2018 03:32 PM

wish Tony had a cleaner performance but imo this is a decent example of the classic talent vs hard work battle. Tony is a natural and he knows it which is why he seems to be so complacent and has had so many bad performances versus Soul who I wouldn't say lacks talent, as he seems to have a deep intuitive understanding of what works in battle rap but it's obvious he works hard to consistently perform and have content at a high level.

Emancee 03-13-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeping dogs (Post 743644)
That whole "Tony's scared to try because he wouldn't have an excuse bit" was coooooollldddd.

For the record this Soul is far better. The bar you quoted actually feels like a physical punch when I heard it.

cripplesunday1 03-14-2018 12:09 PM

Tony done fucked up.

Jack Deuce 03-16-2018 03:25 AM

Just got around to watching this, now that Tony is retired is it cool to say that even at his best I've always just found him decent? Anyway, Soul killed him here, with or without the choke

Emancee 03-16-2018 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Deuce (Post 743746)
Just got around to watching this, now that Tony is retired is it cool to say that even at his best I've always just found him decent? Anyway, Soul killed him here, with or without the choke

Honestly, it depends on how you judge battles. If you rank only on bars, Tony is decent with occasional huge moments (His third against Shox and Respek for example). If you rank on the full package then Tony has to score a lot higher especially in the UK.

Jack-of-all-trades, innit guv?

Jack Deuce 03-16-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 743753)
Honestly, it depends on how you judge battles. If you rank only on bars, Tony is decent with occasional huge moments (His third against Shox and Respek for example). If you rank on the full package then Tony has to score a lot higher especially in the UK.

Jack-of-all-trades, innit guv?

I think that's fair. I didn't mean to come off too harshly on the guy, I really don't think he's bad or anything, I just never quite got the hype surrounding him.