RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Announcement Battlerap.com is DEAD (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=28722)

InsertBigTGunSound 11-13-2017 02:34 AM

Battlerap.com is DEAD

The battle rap media has been treated to some fire events the last month or so. Events such as WDLA, WDTOR (lmao), and Traffic 3 are huge events to cover and the site that claims to be the "#1 source of battle rap" didn't cover any of these three events. All they had was some pics of WDTOR...wtf.

To top it off instead of covering Traffic 3 this weekend they covered something of higher priority....Beastmode's No Smoke Event.

I can't anymore. Guess i'm sticking with Drect w/ Rapgrid for my updates if I don't purchase the PPV or VOD.

@BattleRapChris get your shit together

Ayo! 11-13-2017 03:02 AM

It's been dead for a while. I was subscribed to their YouTube channel when they consistently posted content but they've only uploaded one video in the last 6 months. I have since unsubscribed. It's a shame, they were good for the culture.

rogermellie 11-13-2017 10:53 AM

I've noticed this aswell, actually went to the site a few times after big events because they used to do good recaps. Maybe @Jack Deuce can shed some light.

lukej 11-13-2017 12:45 PM

Chris sold his soul to HipHopDX smfh

lukej 11-13-2017 12:45 PM

Illuminati confirmed

Jack Deuce 11-13-2017 02:02 PM

Answer as to why is somewhat long, very slightly complicated, incredibly boring.

Jack Deuce 11-13-2017 02:02 PM

I don't think the thread is particularly off-base though

god level 11-13-2017 02:07 PM

Fucking Battle Rap Chris... I hyped you up and you do this..

youdontwannabethatguy 11-13-2017 03:13 PM

tbf what kinda bread were they making from this probably little to none once you're passion for it subsides no point going through the motions

InsertBigTGunSound 11-13-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy (Post 739040)
tbf what kinda bread were they making from this probably little to none once you're passion for it subsides no point going through the motions

At least have some decent courtesy to let us know they will be "taking a step back to reevaluate" or some marketing spin 101. Don't just ghost on us

InsertBigTGunSound 11-13-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Deuce (Post 739029)
Answer as to why is somewhat long, very slightly complicated, incredibly boring.

Fill us in, the fans and readers deserve it

BattleRapChris 11-13-2017 04:05 PM

Hey y'all, yeah, long story short is I got moved from BR to DX (both are part of the same company) and am working full-time at that. @Jack Deuce has done a great job keeping the momentum up at the site for the last year and half since I moved but he's in school now and that's his current priority (and rightfully so).

The site is currently "taking a step back to reevaluate." Thanks!