RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MIKE P: URL's 100 Burgerz (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=27531)

Profess 03-12-2017 10:23 PM

MIKE P: URL's 100 Burgerz
 
Listen, the White Lightning is always putting on good matches. But does he have a clear win under his belt?

wwjjddd? 03-12-2017 10:26 PM

Mike P deserves a plate!!!!!

RickyProehl 03-12-2017 10:26 PM

Valid comparison except mike p is significantly worse

wwjjddd? 03-12-2017 10:28 PM

sry i really need to saying that everyone deserves a plate it's just way too funny to me. i don't really have much of an opinion of Mike P. he's ok i guess

Toronto 03-12-2017 10:35 PM

not gonna lie i rather watch a 100 bagels battle then mike woop woop thats the sound of the police

SonnyDaze 03-12-2017 10:37 PM

Bulletz became successful on KOTD because he won matches against opponents he was supposed to lose against (Charron, Kid Twist, JC, Chilla Jones).

Mike P became successful on URL by frequently posting in Facebook groups and making blogs.

Profess 03-12-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyDaze (Post 717973)
Bulletz became successful on KOTD because he won matches against opponents he was supposed to lose against (Charron, Kid Twist, JC, Chilla Jones).

Mike P became successful on URL by frequently posting in Facebook groups and making blogs.

Interesting point, Sonny, and when you put it like that, either times have really changed or it's not that great of a comparison.

That said, Mike P's marketing savy gets him a lot of views. Mike P vs Tink is almost at 600k views. And his previous clash with Swave hasn't even hit 300k views yet.

As far as Mike P's success do you think he will ever make it to a NOME or Summer Madness, or is he just a good jobber for the Born Legacy series?

Profess 03-12-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjjddd? (Post 717965)
Mike P deserves a plate!!!!!

When did we start thinking Mike P wasn't getting a fair share?

LukeWaltonisGoat 03-12-2017 10:51 PM

I personally think I've seen Mike P have slight flashes (light headed/light head is) lil portion against Daylyt but I think he's trash overall.. His rounds vs Trez were really hard to watch and I think the platform really doesn't fit him at all

As far as the op's point he has never won a battle in his career and the only battle he was going to win a nigga beat him up lol I really would love to see Mike on Barbarian Battle Ground tho or one of those other leagues I don't watch

Profess 03-12-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyProehl (Post 717966)
Valid comparison except mike p is significantly worse

I think Mike P would probably edge his 2-1. @Seanzo set it up!

Profess 03-12-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjjddd? (Post 717967)
sry i really need to saying that everyone deserves a plate it's just way too funny to me. i don't really have much of an opinion of Mike P. he's ok i guess

Mike P def been getting some good matches on URL.. Ave, Daylyt, Trez.. but are his blogs ect really that good?

Profess 03-12-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toronto (Post 717971)
not gonna lie i rather watch a 100 bagels battle then mike woop woop thats the sound of the police

Just checked Bulletz versetracker and a lot of his recent battles are Don't Flop. I think of him as a KOTD guy. But, I disagree, recently, I've been watching Mike P battles. No disrespect. That said, I might watch this later


RandallFlagg 03-12-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 717963)
But does he have a clear win under his belt?

I think he edged tink and clearly beat Day.

He is URLs 100 Bull Tits now that I think about it...

I hate when he gets compared to Gjonja because Gjonja is an indefinitely better writer/rapper.

My problem with Mike is how he caters to the URL crowd and isn't genuine. I followed him on IG for a while and all he did was make posts about playing call of duty for 12 hours straight. Then comes to battles wearing skinny jeans talking about shooting people. I could forgive that if what he was saying was clever/different enough to justify it but it isn't. I don't like his schemes either "You relish on how you need to ketchup dog!" Shut the fuck up and stop writing hot dog schemes bro.

RandallFlagg 03-12-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 717987)
Just checked Bulletz versetracker and a lot of his recent battles are Don't Flop. I think of him as a KOTD guy. But, I disagree, recently, I've been watching Mike P battles. No disrespect. That said, I might watch this later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EfnvRljADw

RD clearly 3 0. I remember actually feeling bad for bulletz when I watched that.

Profess 03-12-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat (Post 717983)
I personally think I've seen Mike P have slight flashes (light headed/light head is) lil portion against Daylyt but I think he's trash overall.. His rounds vs Trez were really hard to watch and I think the platform really doesn't fit him at all

As far as the op's point he has never won a battle in his career and the only battle he was going to win a nigga beat him up lol I really would love to see Mike on Barbarian Battle Ground tho or one of those other leagues I don't watch

To be honest, the (light headed/light head is) portion against Daylyt is his best moment. I def thought he was underwhelming vs Trez .. But think he would do good on a Bunker card

Profess 03-12-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallFlagg (Post 717988)
I think he edged tink and clearly beat Day.

He is URLs 100 Bull Tits now that I think about it...

I hate when he gets compared to Gjonja because Gjonja is an indefinitely better writer/rapper.

My problem with Mike is how he caters to the URL crowd and isn't genuine. I followed him on IG for a while and all he did was make posts about playing call of duty for 12 hours straight. Then comes to battles wearing skinny jeans talking about shooting people. I could forgive that if what he was saying was clever/different enough to justify it but it isn't. I don't like his schemes either "You relish on how you need to ketchup dog!" Shut the fuck up and stop writing hot dog schemes bro.

Gjonja probably isn't a great comparison, but I thought it was affective when Trez brought it up. Seems like Gjonja had a shot at being a URL regular, but defected to KOTD.. I'm unclear in that was or not due to intentional choice. At the end of the day, is there a higher ceiling for all white guys in the KOTD?

LukeWaltonisGoat 03-12-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 717991)
Gjonja probably isn't a great comparison, but I thought it was affective when Trez brought it up. Seems like Gjonja had a shot at being a URL regular, but defected to KOTD.. I'm unclear in that was or not due to intentional choice. At the end of the day, is there a higher ceiling for all white guys in the KOTD?

I don't necessarily think all white guys but I just think image kind of plays a big part in how the URL fan base receives you along with your content and even believability to some extent. Here Mike p rap about the shit he does doesn't look right

RandallFlagg 03-12-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 717991)
Gjonja probably isn't a great comparison, but I thought it was affective when Trez brought it up. Seems like Gjonja had a shot at being a URL regular, but defected to KOTD.. I'm unclear in that was or not due to intentional choice. At the end of the day, is there a higher ceiling for all white guys in the KOTD?

It was an effective and true angle how Trez used it. I was mainly talking about fans who compared them early on in Mike Ps success.

URL was very high on Gjonja but he was so eager to battle Diz that he burned those URL bridges by accepting the battle on KOTD. I think he knew what kind of backlash he would get and made the choice anyway. There's more of a future for him at KOTD where he'll get better names and can also work other leagues as well. If he had stayed URL exclusive he would have two BL battles at probably 500 bucks a pop(Like Mike P).

lukej 03-12-2017 11:24 PM

He doesn't have a clear win to me but to be fair I've only watched him since Ave

PriceAintRight 03-12-2017 11:30 PM

Inaccurate comparison. Mike P performs so much better than 100 Bulletz. He also varies his approaches. Cannot cosign.

brodeezy 03-12-2017 11:39 PM

i think mike p is a upper bottom tier rapper in URL but would shit on most of KOTD or any other league's mid tiers easily. for instance, if he went to kotd chances are they would put him against shotti p because they both have p in their names and he'd body him no problem. he just looks worse by comparison to the dudes he's battling. notice how he looked fine against day or tink but against ave/trez he looks like ass? & u put him against the cortez', the shotti ps, etc he's gonna start looking good

and yeah I'm saying daylyt sucks

brodeezy 03-12-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallFlagg (Post 717988)

My problem with Mike is how he caters to the URL crowd and isn't genuine. I followed him on IG for a while and all he did was make posts about playing call of duty for 12 hours straight. Then comes to battles wearing skinny jeans talking about shooting people.


i though we were past people caring about that kinda shit ever since fresco came back

i mean i know people will make exceptions for people they like and all but lets keep it 100 if dudes like thesaurus and fresco are allowed to rap about guns i don't think mike p should lose any points over it lol

SHOWTIME 03-12-2017 11:48 PM

Mike P is a URL attributes battler, he's like the perfect to create a player.

He has
Performance
Bars
Delivery
Quotables

mulatto mutant 03-13-2017 12:01 AM

Mike lost to Ave, but the battle happened like 2 years ago how are we already doing revisionist history? Mike looked better than Ave in that battle despite losing, and everybody was saying that in the building. He had a lot of star power - the problem is, he comes off really tryhard. Bullets has ANTI star power, so even when he has a good performance nobody cares. They're complete opposites.

mulatto mutant 03-13-2017 12:03 AM

I really like Mike P, even when he says awkward things (like his first two bars against trez lmfao what a round killer off top) and I think a lot of the criticisms directed at him are unfounded. He's gone into every battle on URL (besides his PG) at a disadvantage, really, and he's never been killed. You can argue he only has one clear loss

RandallFlagg 03-13-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 718009)
i though we were past people caring about that kinda shit ever since fresco came back

i mean i know people will make exceptions for people they like and all but lets keep it 100 if dudes like thesaurus and fresco are allowed to rap about guns i don't think mike p should lose any points over it lol

Frescos shtick is he's a scrawny well dressed metrosexual who is really good at street style punches. Thats his character. It's like a riff raff type gimmick. If fresco didn't carry himself like he does his material wouldn't work.

Thesaurus DOESN'T get a pass which is why we cringe when he's not speaking metaphorically.

Fact is none of these dudes are with the shits and rap about stuff they know nothing about. When Day "marked everyone out" at SM even Smack said "Everyone knows this shit is fake it's just entertainment and he's out here acting like it's real scaring off my sponsors" It's not so much as I care about people being "real" I just want them to at the very least be consistent with content that matches the image/personality they promote.

SonnyDaze 03-13-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 717977)
Interesting point, Sonny, and when you put it like that, either times have really changed or it's not that great of a comparison.

That said, Mike P's marketing savy gets him a lot of views. Mike P vs Tink is almost at 600k views. And his previous clash with Swave hasn't even hit 300k views yet.

As far as Mike P's success do you think he will ever make it to a NOME or Summer Madness, or is he just a good jobber for the Born Legacy series?

I think Mike P and Bulletz do share some similarities and don't have any issue with the comparison.

I agree that Mike P is strong at generating interest in his matches and that the views are well-earned on his part.

I personally would not want to see him on a NOME or SM in 2017 but would not be surprised if he worked his way up to either stage by next year through sheer popularity.

He does a lot of things well that newer KOTD battlers could take notes from, but at the same time, his style can be pretty contrived at times and he has some bad PG habits while performing.

iamHBY 03-13-2017 12:41 AM

Makes sense as a comparison, since they are in the same clique (Yellow tape Gang). That said, Bulletz at least has been able to win battles against notable opponents that people thought he'd lose against, while Mike seems to be on a bit of a cold streak against really good opponents.

youdontwannabethatguy 03-13-2017 01:55 AM

at one point bulletz was suppose to be the next big thing in that grand prix then i think he kinda overestimated his own ability mike p has like 1 good moment a battle and already has a bigger ego

brodeezy 03-13-2017 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 718022)
Makes sense as a comparison, since they are in the same clique (Yellow tape Gang). That said, Bulletz at least has been able to win battles against notable opponents that people thought he'd lose against, while Mike seems to be on a bit of a cold streak against really good opponents.


lmao 100 burga has barely battled "notable opponents" let alone. eat them

inb4 "BUT BURGERS BEAT THIS 100k VIEW AVG LAE ON KOTD THAT ME AND MY FRIENDS BRIAN AND TREVOR LOVE"

iamHBY 03-13-2017 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 718059)
lmao 100 burga has barely battled "notable opponents" let alone. eat them

inb4 "BUT BURGERS BEAT THIS 100k VIEW AVG LAE ON KOTD THAT ME AND MY FRIENDS BRIAN AND TREVOR LOVE"

Like Sonny said, Bulletz beat opponents like JC, Charron, Kid Twist, Chilla Jones, and even other people like Shuffle-T and QP (people that on paper he probably should've lost to, but somehow found a way to beat them). Mike P is a punching bag at this point though.

SHOWTIME 03-13-2017 03:25 AM

I'm pretty sure 100 bullets 50 battles doesn't equal up to the views that Mike P has.

Mike P is good.. he doesn't try to be anything he's not and is a decent writer
100 bullets is a socially awkward nerd whose also an asshole therefore he has no likability.

brodeezy 03-13-2017 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 718062)
Like Sonny said, Bulletz beat opponents like JC, Charron, Kid Twist, Chilla Jones, and even other people like Shuffle-T and QP (people that on paper he probably should've lost to, but somehow found a way to beat them). Mike P is a punching bag at this point though.

lmao @ beating charron, jc, and kid twist validating a battler

iamHBY 03-13-2017 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 718069)
lmao @ beating charron, jc, and kid twist validating a battler

Someone like JC isn't good?

brodeezy 03-13-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 718071)
Someone like JC isn't good?

jc is good for 10% of his battles

he was not good vs burgers

brodeezy 03-13-2017 03:50 AM

and u really cant argue with my statistics. my team of researchers fuckin spazzes out on a daily basis to come up with them digits

iamHBY 03-13-2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 718072)
jc is good for 10% of his battles

he was not good vs burgers

So that's not a good name for one to have on their resumes when it comes to taking a W?

brodeezy 03-13-2017 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamHBY (Post 718079)
So that's not a good name for one to have on their resumes when it comes to taking a W?

not if it was a shitty battle

only morons go by the "WELL HE HAS A 13-2 RECORD SO HE MUST BE GOOD" metric. wins dont mean shit if both people sucked. if jc wasnt good, it doesnt matter that bullets beat him. this isnt a sport, its entertainment.

Profess 03-13-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriceAintRight (Post 718004)
Inaccurate comparison. Mike P performs so much better than 100 Bulletz. He also varies his approaches. Cannot cosign.

I see you don't think their performance game is similar, fair enough. Try looking at the comparison in a different way. Being that KOTD is the bizarro URL having similar attributes wouldn't fit for completing this exercise.

:dafuqouttahere:

The Kang 03-13-2017 08:49 PM

Bullets is top 2 in Canada. Mike is bottom 5 in url


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.