RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interview Dizaster Talks new West Coast group (Left Side Connection) & issues with KOTD (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=28924)

mike rigs 01-18-2018 04:23 AM

Dizaster Talks new West Coast group (Left Side Connection) & issues with KOTD

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/angryfa...ide-connection

They made a new westcoast battle group with Diz, Daylyt, Illmac, Rum Nitty, Danny Myers, B-dot, and Geechi

corny 01-18-2018 04:41 AM

I didn't listen to this interview yet but after watching dizaster's mental breakdowns on the clips he released on twitter...

what it really boils down to is that dizaster wants more money, he is salty as fuck that he can't retire off this battling shit....now battling can open up other doors for him to maybe one day be able to retire but I doubt it.

I could be wrong in saying this but quite fucking honestly battling is a fucking hobby, dizaster is a fucking idiot for trying to force it as a career

diz is kind of smart though for wanting to break off and do his own things on the west, because for now in the current scenes state, kotd has zero homegrown bred talent that can actually keep carrying the company, so organik might not admit it but diz and other west coasters joining together will hurt kotd.

in the end if dizaster does get a company off the ground...in the future of that company he will realize that If you want to stay afloat maybe u have to use shady business practice such as kotd does.

Emancee 01-18-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corny (Post 741605)
I didn't listen to this interview yet but after watching dizaster's mental breakdowns on the clips he released on twitter...

what it really boils down to is that dizaster wants more money, he is salty as fuck that he can't retire off this battling shit....now battling can open up other doors for him to maybe one day be able to retire but I doubt it.

I could be wrong in saying this but quite fucking honestly battling is a fucking hobby, dizaster is a fucking idiot for trying to force it as a career

diz is kind of smart though for wanting to break off and do his own things on the west, because for now in the current scenes state, kotd has zero homegrown bred talent that can actually keep carrying the company, so organik might not admit it but diz and other west coasters joining together will hurt kotd.

in the end if dizaster does get a company off the ground...in the future of that company he will realize that If you want to stay afloat maybe u have to use shady business practice such as kotd does.

Partly agree with you, Corny. If Diz and Lush joined together to make a Westcoast league, it would really hurt KOTD. Some of the Canadians that Organik is trying to push show how shallow the waters of the talent pool are now.

Also Diz needs to get a job. Battle rap just doesn't have the structure there yet to offer anything more than sporadic paydays. Honestly if you have the rep of Dizaster and can't turn that into enough money to live then something is clearly wrong with your hustle.

Disagree with the second part though. KOTD has never really been that shady. Honestly except for this Diz thing (Which we only really have Diz's batshit crazy word for) and that Smack PPV weirdness, KOTD has been one of the few non-shady companies out there.

corny 01-18-2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741609)
Partly agree with you, Corny. If Diz and Lush joined together to make a Westcoast league, it would really hurt KOTD. Some of the Canadians that Organik is trying to push show how shallow the waters of the talent pool are now.

Also Diz needs to get a job. Battle rap just doesn't have the structure there yet to offer anything more than sporadic paydays. Honestly if you have the rep of Dizaster and can't turn that into enough money to live then something is clearly wrong with your hustle.

Disagree with the second part though. KOTD has never really been that shady. Honestly except for this Diz thing (Which we only really have Diz's batshit crazy word for) and that Smack PPV weirdness, KOTD has been one of the few non-shady companies out there.

calling it shady business practice is perhaps too strong of a word, kind of what I meant was that the money coming an employees way wont always be what you expect and I mean there are a slew of companies that do this, UFC, WWE.....people cry about pay and you would have to imagine that this problem is even worse for smaller companies like kotd, thus opening the door to dealing with shady shit

JR77 01-18-2018 03:59 PM

Left Side Connection is a shitty name

RickyProehl 01-18-2018 04:36 PM

Red name for everyone in LSC

Neanderthol 01-18-2018 06:22 PM

So many takeaways:
Yes left side connection is a terrible name
Diz is so bad at articulating a point even when there is some validity that lies beneath the mess that is this man

Some completely bullshit positions:
-that he should somehow get more money than he agreed to
-that he should own the masters/footage of his battles (where did he get this from)
-that he set up every match that made KOTD successful (I've/we've been nerdily aware of battle set-ups throughout history I mean from aspect One to Lush to Avo to Nikaya, this is simply not true)
- that KOTD shouldn't use money THEY made from events out west for other events wherever (his gripe is for Canada)

Some points, albeit muddied, that are undeniably valid
-that Diz is responsible for some of KOTD's most successful battles (including THE BATTLE that kept them afloat last year)
-that KOTD had somewhat abandoned building homegrown talent from Canada for booking Americans
-that KOTD will suffer if they lose the west coast MCs

This muhfucka made excuses for every bad performance he ever had saying that now finally he'll be able to deliver perfect battles because he won't be stressed out by KOTD, shit is redic.
This cat even tried to bring in Saurus, and people having an ill opinion of him, into his bullshit saying that the reason any west coast MC may have not had the best performances was because they ain't have their own shit out west-smh
Regardless this man is seriously disturbed no matter how you slice it; makes for good entertainment tho

Casual 01-18-2018 06:48 PM

Illmac the only one in that group who can't (or in Dizaster's case, doesn't) say the N Word though.

Carl Spackler 01-18-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neanderthol (Post 741626)
-that KOTD had somewhat abandoned building homegrown talent from Canada for booking Americans

Funny how he fails to connect that he's the reason they abandoned their homegrown talent.

:hoffawut:

JF1VE 01-18-2018 08:09 PM

How the hell did he convince these dudes to go along with this!? I honestly feel bad for them.

Can't imagine this is a good thing for anyone's battle career, particularly Illmac's. WOW

All Day 01-19-2018 04:11 AM

ok trying to do better than kotd is cool, give it a shot

but this group is pointless

PaulWhite 01-19-2018 03:57 PM

No opinion on this either way , hope it works out for both sides. But for real man, this design would look more professional if it were done in crayon on a bar napkin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTzJG6HUMAE5wmA.jpg:large

Dog Debarko 01-19-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 741619)

GRRRRR GGGGROWL BARK ROOF RUFF

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/QX...EojgCjrVA=w300

In before an opponent of theirs uses a "Hit him with the southpaw, now THATS a Left Side Connection..." bar

Dog Debarko 01-19-2018 09:06 PM

RUFF RUFF GRRR GRRRRRRRRRR

http://cdn2-www.dogtime.com/assets/u...-a-reality.jpg

I fixed their artwork

https://i.imgur.com/fhWQ7nv.jpg

Casual 01-19-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulWhite (Post 741664)
No opinion on this either way , hope it works out for both sides. But for real man, this design would look more professional if it were done in crayon on a bar napkin.

Lmao wait is this real?

@AVOCADO you're a terrible friend for letting this happen.

Real shit though, this group got more talent than the entire Canadian scene combined. And that's WITH Danny and diz dragging em down.

corny 01-20-2018 01:23 AM

the flyer does suck and also the first drop of it had myers name spelled wrong, but diz actually admitted this flyer sucked and asking fans and or anyone for a new one, before this thread was even made so in my eyes its not really a big deal

MrMumbles905 01-20-2018 01:58 AM

People keep saying the West saved KOTD when its more like KOTD saved the west. KOTD was going and rising during the Wests and GT heyday. So to say KOTD would be dead without the west is false revionist history.

KOTD wouldn't be as big as it is without the west is facts. But without KOTD where would the West coast be.

Look at the list of LeftCoast and ask where would any of them be without KOTD

RickyProehl 01-20-2018 06:43 AM

Best two on two team out right now diz & mental illness... move over nwx/shufflo

Emancee 01-20-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

This is hilarious to me as they stole the Westside Connection's album cover (Below) and then did a bunch of shitty editing and rendering on it and it looks terrible. Literally anyone could spend a few hours on photoshop and make something better.

http://escobar300.files.wordpress.co...6/westside.jpg

Battlehogg 01-20-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 (Post 741689)
People keep saying the West saved KOTD when its more like KOTD saved the west. KOTD was going and rising during the Wests and GT heyday. So to say KOTD would be dead without the west is false revionist history.

KOTD wouldn't be as big as it is without the west is facts. But without KOTD where would the West coast be.

This may be the first and only time I will agree with you.

Cuntoffs are Jumps 01-20-2018 01:13 PM

They should just expand from BOTZ (events) and RYD (one off or two off battles in special locations) because both of those are established solid brands.

Whoever said Diz and Lush should run a league together is loco, cos Ether + the blackface paintball gun event went so well.

Profess 01-20-2018 01:47 PM

End of the day Diz is leading the way and taking steps to get his money right and help his area. Doesnt sound like he wont battle on KOTD again, but if he does it will be on better terms. Looks like this could be a good thing.

Casual 01-20-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

I would call it a mutually beneficial relationship at the time. Yeah, the West was dead and KOTD was doing well, but it wasn't gonna last forever. KOTD would have been in rough shape a lot quicker if not for the west. Even at that point in time the Canadian talent pool was on its way to being non existent. By adopting the west, they became part of "KOTDs roster".

Simply put, the west kept KOTD on or near the top much longer than they would have been otherwise. There hasn't been a good Toronto event in like 3 years, there's 0 battlers anyone really gives a shit about from Canada anymore...Pat and Bender are both a dice roll performance wise at this point and everyone else in Canada just straight up garbage.

Dusted123 01-20-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Right...The west would just be completely ignored and no one would ever start up a leagu out West with all that talent out there.

Without American Talent, no one cares about KOTD for this long or on this level. Where would they be without KOTD? On another league that doesn't exist because KOTD stepped in first.

KOTD took advantage of a good situation, and I'm glad they did, but they didn't save the west.

ICeeZeeI 01-20-2018 07:40 PM

A new group and new potential league is cool and all until we all realize its dont count unless its on URL.

This going to be a new league? Does this mean ill and all the other guys in this group wont be on kotd any longer?

Ill bet anyone here 100 bucks that this wont go anywhere. We will see most of these guys on kotd next event lmfao!!!

brodeezy 01-21-2018 01:27 AM

lmao who in their right mind would go along with diz in something like this

these guys are all dummies

Profess 01-21-2018 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741709)
This is hilarious to me as they stole the Westside Connection's album cover (Below) and then did a bunch of shitty editing and rendering on it and it looks terrible. Literally anyone could spend a few hours on photoshop and make something better.

http://escobar300.files.wordpress.co...6/westside.jpg

How about a Jerry West logo remix.. hell he made his name in LA

edit.. might as well add Jerry Wess to the group

gregrieke20 01-21-2018 01:23 PM

So as a battle group, what do they like, do? Like, get together and practice? I don't get it.

Hitchslap 01-21-2018 01:44 PM

Hopefully those involved don’t invest heavily into this. Look at the last even dizaster tried to host. I’m sure they’re begging Avo to film this, but if I were him I would stay away.

PaulWhite 01-22-2018 07:06 PM

The real "Left Side Connection"

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...15/capture.png

GetPaid 01-22-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 741619)

At least it wasn't Fresh Side Connection

Marcus 01-22-2018 08:19 PM

Being in a group with Danny Myers: instaloss.

corny 01-22-2018 11:56 PM

it would probably take a lot to split up illmaculate riding with dizaster, these mother fuckers known each other since way back....battling on yahoo chat..way back.

these guys probably just want something new, especially someone like illmac, its like what can kotd really offer illmac at this point?

not saying diz can offer him shit but at least its a change up

god level 01-23-2018 03:10 PM

I suppose its funny how it's not under the Freshcoast umbrella

Emancee 01-24-2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corny (Post 741806)
these guys probably just want something new, especially someone like illmac, its like what can kotd really offer illmac at this point?

Better money, non-Fresh coast opposition, not having some completely insane as the face of the company...

corny 01-24-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741872)
Better money, non-Fresh coast opposition, not having some completely insane as the face of the company...

so if dizaster and company did decide to set up a battle company they would only allow people from the west to battle? LoL.

better money is debatable in my eyes, kotd are only able to give out big pay days when its someone elses money..

face of the company ok u got me.

MCVeteran 01-25-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

MS Paint struggle graphics lmfaooooo

Those cruisin’ USA video game stolen palm trees murder me.

Terrible look for Illmac

Symphoniez 01-27-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCVeteran (Post 741933)

Those cruisin’ USA video game stolen palm trees murder me.

Lmaooooooooooooooooo Amazing reference.

Battlehogg 01-28-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Symphoniez (Post 741983)
Lmaooooooooooooooooo Amazing reference.

They more like the ones outa Donkey Kong 64

All Day 01-28-2018 05:44 AM

holy shit @ cruisin usa!!!!