RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Bodied" picked up by YouTube (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=28921)

All Day 01-17-2018 02:33 PM

"Bodied" picked up by YouTube
 
YouTube has picked up Bodied from prolific music video director Joseph Kahn.

The satire will bow on YouTube Red, the Google-owned streamer's $10-per-month subscription service, in 2018 following a theatrical release.

YouTube will host a sneak peek screening of the film at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 21, preceded by a public reception with Kahn.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...bodied-1036771

RickyProehl 01-17-2018 03:22 PM

HD & free lmk guys

corny 01-17-2018 04:14 PM

niceee, and some people was thinkin this movie would be a failure..LOL

StabYourself 01-17-2018 04:26 PM

God damn, they tried to throw the apple across the orchard but it still didn't make it far from the tree. Netflix would've been way better.

FILTH 01-17-2018 05:01 PM

i guess when it hits youtube, free yt red trial, watch movie. cancel trial

ledge 01-17-2018 06:25 PM

hate how youtube red is being pushed so hard, so much of their original content is trash


will free trial, will watch, will cancel

corny 01-17-2018 06:55 PM

I will never pay for any stream service its as simple as that but imo this particular movie will fair way better on youtube than it would on Netflix

illipsis 01-17-2018 08:46 PM

Yeah I think this is actually a better platform as far as generating interest in actual battles, which was always kind of an underlying motivator behind the film to begin with. Dumb that the platform is regionally restricted though, hopefully the theatrical release is relatively widespread and there are alternative streaming options eventually for regions without YR red access

Lebron Jereurghmy 01-17-2018 09:01 PM

so im not supposed to be disappointed they couldnt get a theatrical release??

come on Em i need that big screen experience

Casual 01-17-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illipsis (Post 741584)
Yeah I think this is actually a better platform as far as generating interest in actual battles, which was always kind of an underlying motivator behind the film to begin with. Dumb that the platform is regionally restricted though, hopefully the theatrical release is relatively widespread and there are alternative streaming options eventually for regions without YR red access

yeah sounds like a great idea until the related videos sidebar is just a bunch of charron battles and all those potential fans throw up a little bit in their mouths and are lost forever.

Emancee 01-18-2018 03:16 AM

Really hoped this would get into cinemas and a bigger platform like Netflix. C'mon now, who honestly uses Youtube Red anyway?!? The only good thing is that Youtube is hilariously easy to bootleg from, so I should have a free copy in no time at all.

corny 01-18-2018 03:28 AM

pretty sure there will be a theatrical release, and then it will hit youtube red

6000GP 01-18-2018 03:31 AM

I’m not paying $10 to see this movie

Emancee 01-18-2018 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6000GP (Post 741601)
Iím not paying $10 to see this movie

For 10 bucks you get the full Youtube Red experience featuring such titles as... ermm.... errrr... some guy off Youtube!

corny 01-18-2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6000GP (Post 741601)
Iím not paying $10 to see this movie

wouldn't pay 10?, I don't pay for movies I'm an OG digital thief but you make it sound like u wouldn't purchase it just because.

people still pretending that this movie isn't going to be pretty fucking decent?

I guaran fucking teed this movie will be at least a 4-5 out of 10, which makes it a decent watchable movie to me, I am a harsh critic so 4-5 to me is like a 7 or 8 to most

I know online ratings for movies don't mean much but who wanna take bets that after the movie is widely released that the rating on imdb will be between a 6 and 7 if not more.

The Wrist 01-18-2018 04:58 AM

I fully expected this to be trash just because most stuff is...but the hype on it from the festival shopping seems to be solid so.....it could be good.....but there's no way I'm goin' to a theater for this or subscribing to youtube red so......soooooooooo......I dunno ...has youtube bought a movie this way before? will they rent elsewhere? would rent elsewhere

corny 01-18-2018 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wrist (Post 741607)
I fully expected this to be trash just because most stuff is...but the hype on it from the festival shopping seems to be solid so.....it could be good.....but there's no way I'm goin' to a theater for this or subscribing to youtube red so......soooooooooo......I dunno ...has youtube bought a movie this way before? will they rent elsewhere? would rent elsewhere

Not sure how it works honestly, but I did notice that some youtube red movies are available on there for individual purchase, I think youtube has bought a few movies already but probably none with this amount of hype or any that will possibly be this good, I never seen a youtube red movie that caught my eye, and for people praising Netflix so much the only movie that sparked my interest was bright.

I don't expect this movie to be a masterpiece but I fully expect that it will be entertaining as fuck.

Emancee 01-18-2018 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corny (Post 741608)
Not sure how it works honestly, but I did notice that some youtube red movies are available on there for individual purchase, I think youtube has bought a few movies already but probably none with this amount of hype or any that will possibly be this good, I never seen a youtube red movie that caught my eye, and for people praising Netflix so much the only movie that sparked my interest was bright.

You might want to dig a little deeper, there is some legitimate fire on Netflix. Ironically, Bright is not one of them.

The Wrist 01-18-2018 05:39 AM

Bright is a hunk of shit

corny 01-18-2018 05:51 AM

oh bright was weak as fuck just sayin it sparked my interest, was weird seeing will smith drop a movie that I had no clue about, I only made it halfway through that movie

of course Netflix has nice movies for some people, and yea I rarely look but just a few list ive looked at the movies look boring to me

iamHBY 01-18-2018 05:56 AM

From my understanding, Bodied is going to be YouTube's first theatrical release, where it'll have a theatrical run before ending up on YouTube Red.

Battlehogg 01-18-2018 12:35 PM

I don’t know a single person that subscribes to YouTube red. I guess I’ll just do the same as a few other people have said. Get my free trial, watch and unsubscribe. I am kinda curious to see what this movie will be like. My best hope for it is it’s one of those movies that’s so bad that it’s actually kinda funny.

RandallFlagg 01-18-2018 12:47 PM

I hate everything.

6000GP 01-18-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 741604)
For 10 bucks you get the full Youtube Red experience featuring such titles as... ermm.... errrr... some guy off Youtube!

I do like a lot of vsauce content, but not enough for a whole Ďnother subscription service

Quote:

Originally Posted by corny (Post 741606)
wouldn't pay 10?, I don't pay for movies I'm an OG digital thief but you make it sound like u wouldn't purchase it just because.

The only way I pay $10 to see a movie is if itís in a theater. Iíd feel like damn fool for paying $10 to watch a YouTube video

corny 01-18-2018 08:19 PM

it will have a theatrical release, youtube red is just the platform they will use to allow people to watch it, after a theatrical run

with that said though I am not sure the movie will be worth seeing in theaters, but I do think the movie will be worth watchin and will probably be entertaining as hell

Spacelab 01-18-2018 08:36 PM

If it's theatrical release they need to play a trailer in front of Black Panther...

you know why

Trill Murray 01-18-2018 11:23 PM

So hyped

I rewatched that lux/hollow 2 on 2 clip so many times before it got taken down hahaha, they were scary good as a duo

The Wrist 01-19-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacelab (Post 741634)
If it's theatrical release they need to play a trailer in front of Black Panther...

you know why

cuz battle rap fans are fuckin' dorks?

SonnyDaze 01-19-2018 01:19 PM

I copped YouTube Red a month ago because my son likes to watch Moana sing-a-long videos and nursery rhyme videos and he'd throw a fit every time commercials came on or the app closed on the IPad and music stopped.

Still probably won't watch the movie. What's good everyone.

SBOfficial 01-19-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casual (Post 741587)
yeah sounds like a great idea until the related videos sidebar is just a bunch of charron battles and all those potential fans throw up a little bit in their mouths and are lost forever.

Had to log in to say I just spit my fucking coffee out of my mouth when I read this.

Damn near died.

:romneylol:

iamHBY 01-19-2018 09:20 PM

I've got YouTube Red, I haven't really checked out any of the original YouTube Red content, but it's worth it for practicality's sake. I no longer have ad's interrupting the videos I watch, and also being able to have a YouTube video playing while I use another app on my phone or just listen to the YouTube video like it's on SoundCloud or the Podcast app is pretty handy.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.