RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Announcement Smack/URL Presents: SMACK Volume 6 Announcement #1 (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=30859)

iamHBY 11-15-2020 06:21 AM

Smack/URL Presents: SMACK Volume 6 Announcement #1
 

Emancee 11-15-2020 02:42 PM

Avo's about to get put in a bodybag on this one, lol.

Profess 11-16-2020 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 765328)
Avo's about to get put in a bodybag on this one, lol.

I feel like that Avo angle has played it's course. I think a lot of the shit he said was wack but he didn't hide from the heat so he deserves respect. Goodz will airball if he goes in too heavy on that. Also, Geechi showed admirable loyalty with that situation. That said, Goodz 21 because of swag

Emancee 11-16-2020 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765330)
I feel like that Avo angle has played it's course. I think a lot of the shit he said was wack but he didn't hide from the heat so he deserves respect. Goodz will airball if he goes in too heavy on that. Also, Geechi showed admirable loyalty with that situation. That said, Goodz 21 because of swag

Yeah, I hope we see it die out soon, but did you see Mook vs. Tay Roc event? Avo got bodied in like 3 of the battles, lol.

I only mention it because I think Goodz probably has something funny that he'll use it for, but I think Goodz may well finish the angle with his round.

sleeping dogs 11-16-2020 03:18 PM

i got goodz 2-1. geechi can win this, but he'd have to be better than goodz for more than 1 round and i can't see it happening.

Profess 11-16-2020 06:08 PM

Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?

ass2myface 11-17-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765333)
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?

I don't think I'd put geechi in the jake roberts, rick rude, mr. perfect category lol. He isn't a gatekeeper fam. All 3 of them were capable of being real belt holders imo anyway, just happens Hogan was around like Jordan in the 90's lol

Emancee 11-17-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765333)
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?

He needs to be careful not to get put into that bracket. He was looking like being the Smack West Coast go to for a while, but lately he seems to be running out of steam.

Overexposure is a bitch, ask JC...

Profess 11-17-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 765340)
He needs to be careful not to get put into that bracket. He was looking like being the Smack West Coast go to for a while, but lately he seems to be running out of steam.

Overexposure is a bitch, ask JC...

Lets talk about Daylyt for a sec. When he was running around battling every Tom, Dick, and Harry did we really give a fuck about him or would we ever do back and show are new fan homies those performances as examples of what the art is all about? I wouldn't, doubt you would either. That being said, his battle vs Roc has a high level of lyricism and replay value. Because like you suggested, he had some time between battles and put his best foot forward. So I rock with your point about overexposure, not only for reasons of >prep time= higher quality but also because scarcity increases value. How do you rate A game Geechi vs A game Daylyt?

Profess 11-17-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ass2myface (Post 765338)
I don't think I'd put geechi in the jake roberts, rick rude, mr. perfect category lol. He isn't a gatekeeper fam. All 3 of them were capable of being real belt holders imo anyway, just happens Hogan was around like Jordan in the 90's lol

I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.

Abstrakt 11-18-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765342)
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.

my favorite geechi battles are vs surf and vs roc. his first vs roc reminded me a lot of cal's first vs roc. just ran through a great battler no problem

Emancee 11-18-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765341)
Lets talk about Daylyt for a sec. When he was running around battling every Tom, Dick, and Harry did we really give a fuck about him or would we ever do back and show are new fan homies those performances as examples of what the art is all about? I wouldn't, doubt you would either. That being said, his battle vs Roc has a high level of lyricism and replay value. Because like you suggested, he had some time between battles and put his best foot forward. So I rock with your point about overexposure, not only for reasons of >prep time= higher quality but also because scarcity increases value. How do you rate A game Geechi vs A game Daylyt?

Honestly, I like Gecchi's material more and find some of Daylyt's material unbearable (An entire round of barely rhyming Mortal Kombat bars and KOTD rapper name flips and people like that?!?), but I think that a three-round prepared Daylyt would beat Geechi pretty clearly. Daylyt just has so many ways of attacking and can do so many styles (comedy, gun bars, west coast flava etc.), whereas Geechi is more the master of one style type.

ass2myface 11-18-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 765342)
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.

Geechi vs Goodz is actually a really good match up. CAuse both have the ability to take the steam out of their opponents performances. Ala what Geechi did to Roc in the 1st round, probably my favorite of his to answer your question.

I don't think over exposure really impacts Geechi much tbh. If you rely more heavy on imagery, real talk, and have a top tier delivery, you will be hard to CLEARLY beat in most spots. HE beat Ice kind of easily imo, and that isn't easy to do. I think he is a more witty version of Calicoe tbh.

Goodz was kind of nonchalant about his boy Ah Di Boom's situation after the Bigg K battle. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some material about that, same as Goodz will have about Avo.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.