RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I am very surprised that KOTD isn't pushing Frak more. (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=28443)

mike rigs 08-18-2017 04:22 PM

I am very surprised that KOTD isn't pushing Frak more.

This thread isnt about if you like Frak, or not. That isnt important to this topic.

I think it would be beneficial, and smart for KOTD to push Frak more, and this is why.

-KOTD has slowly been getting away from its roots.

-Their first big star was Kid Twist. People like him because he's funny, witty, nerdy, self aware/deprecating in an ironic way. Frak has all of that too. Frak is actually a better rapper than Kid Twist was. Now kid Twist did have better crowd control and stage presence than Frak, but Frak has been getting a lot better at that. He still needs to work on a few things.

- It seems like now days KOTD would rather book a shitty street battler, than a good non-street battler. If they keep this up, they will always been in URL's shadows. URL has the street style on lock, and there is no use trying to compete with them for that.

- Frak probably represents a large part of KOTD's audience. A lot of their fans will resonate with him.

-He would be good for promotion. For example You remember when KOTD put HFK and Charron on TV and they made a huge ass out of themselves? Regardless if KOTD laughs it off, like "HAHA we got kicked off TV", that was a horrible look for them. If you put Frak up there you know he would come with some strategic shit that would relate for that specific audience, and that kind of stuff goes viral.

-Frak is multi talented. He can make music, he's funny, he can freestyle, funny interviews ect. They can use all that shit for media, and also to reach new audiences. I could see his ass on SNL or that Epic battle Rap shit.

-Frak doesn't seem picky, and he works hard. I cant really see him being a diva about match ups, and if you ask that dude to make some promo video, or song i can bet that he could whip some shit up in a few hours.

KOTD has always been about a bunch of different styles, and a balance, and I feel like they have been getting away from that recently.

Smokey-Clovn 08-18-2017 05:01 PM

Also he eats his burritos out of tinfoil #StraightSavageLikeDat

Uza 08-18-2017 05:16 PM

KOTD's way out of touch with its identity and I made an account to say this.

JR77 08-18-2017 05:22 PM

They're too busy pushing Shotti P into eternal midtier

Casual 08-18-2017 06:04 PM

You're right. Frak vs. Skelly at WD let's goooo

MrMumbles905 08-18-2017 07:02 PM

I agree that they are most obsessed with trying to seem urban lately than they used too. And being a " street" rapper seems to put you up higher than you deserve to be.

Jack Deuce 08-18-2017 07:07 PM

Frak has run afoul of the Yung Republicans. His career in KOTD is essentially dead, as they seem to control fan taste

iamHBY 08-18-2017 07:09 PM

Frak vs. Brixx Belvedere would've been a really left field battle.

Cuntoffs are Jumps 08-18-2017 07:52 PM

I agree, feel same about Dunsh also and Jeff to an extent

a lot of KOTD's best have had past relationships with URL and have become KOTD exclusive effectively whereas a lot of URL's best have always been URL exclusive

I mean arguably KOTD lost Rum Nitty and would've lost Pass and Day if performances had been stronger

peace 08-18-2017 08:44 PM

KOTD doesn't come across as a league that understands marketable talent. unless a battler is already gaining a fan base througu his battles, KOTD is more likely going to choose the wrong guy to push.

only saw his battle against the guy who vapes, tbh. i remember liking him.

Neanderthol 08-18-2017 08:54 PM

KOTD has not lost its touch with its identity at all; they, as someone said, have always been about balance and thats been the clear plan for the last few years

Evident by the fact that when the Mass3 card dropped, kotd people were having orgasms and the URL fans were saying "really? What happened to Massacre?"

While I'm certainly not a Frak fan and I disagree with this generally, I do agree with a lot of the points made by OP such as the Charron and HFK thing and the work ethic. I just think the generall sentiment that KOTD books URL battlers as their main business model is very 2014/15ish.

The so-called "shitty street battlers" are battlers they are picking up and putting on that add to the roster and to that balance

I think since the bunker started and moving forward this balance that been the central model for the league.

I often see on here that kotd is getting away from its nerd identity but that is an old identity.
Why would they want to become an exclusively nerd league again?
They are simply honoring their new identity as the portrait of balance and the only place you can see dream match-ups and possibly who is "the best." Going back completely backpack would make them like URL in the sense that they are limited by their genre.

youdontwannabethatguy 08-18-2017 09:06 PM

look at bigg k's third vs pat stay again for the awnser to this question

they dont wanna be nerds anymore

mdk 08-18-2017 09:28 PM

not sure if they have any tv opportunities coming up, i think that was a random thing

Assassin Ben 08-18-2017 10:02 PM

frak has potential, op is an og

brodeezy 08-18-2017 10:11 PM

kotd sucks at putting on anyone that another league hasn't already built up.

All Day 08-18-2017 11:02 PM

I ummm agree with the thread

culturedboy 08-18-2017 11:55 PM

echoing nearly all opinions above; Frak's the only battler that i don't have predisposed bias to pre-2016 that i can confidently enjoy any battle of. OP is 100% right; Frak's one of those guys who comes with three clear rounds that're entertaining every time and though he's not letting hammers off, I'd rather watch someone good like him rap about bagels than watch Shotti P float around in the space KOTD carves out for the most average motherfuckers in existence

azhotazice 08-19-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 734654)
They're too busy pushing Shotti P into eternal midtier

lmao dead

also I think they finally stopped paying taxes

tycoon taxes

MrMumbles905 08-19-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 734695)
kotd sucks at putting on anyone that another league hasn't already built up.

I think you picked the wrong league for that sentiment

Kotd has built a few from nobodies to somebodies

Emancee 08-19-2017 01:02 AM

Disagree with OP slightly. Frak doesn't really have that spark to me. He is good at promoting his music, but just isn't a particularly entertaining ring personality. Twist was only entertaining because he was a funny guy who wrote well, Frak has the writing, but not really the humor and personality.

Someone above mentioned guys like Dunsh and Jeff and those are the guys that KOTD should be promoting. Guys who can do everything, but still have that newbie feel. They have a feeling of something unique and different, not something that we've seen before like Frak

brodeezy 08-19-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 (Post 734708)
I think you picked the wrong league for that sentiment

Kotd has built a few from nobodies to somebodies

"a few" in 38 years of being in business

and most of them suck

RickyProehl 08-19-2017 01:11 AM

You're not wrong

acidzero 08-19-2017 01:39 PM

completely agree

track 1 08-19-2017 02:26 PM

KOTD trying too hard to be URL which they can never be

InsertBigTGunSound 08-19-2017 04:51 PM

After watching his Delusional Rapper video, I couldn't agree more.

Scartown 08-19-2017 08:21 PM

They're just not good at promoting people, when they do ride for someone it's the wrong someone.

Tax, crakk, Skelly, etc etc. See the trend there?

Frak 08-27-2017 09:10 PM

Whoa this is a fire thread.

Scartown 08-27-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodeezy (Post 734711)
"a few" in 38 years of being in business

and most of them suck

Lmao,
I can't even name 2
Pat stay I guess but no. He had a name already.
Charron? They bypassed him so many times (rightfully so)
Who am I missing?

Edit* can't reply anymore. Gotta spread some around

RickyProehl 08-28-2017 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scartown (Post 734753)
They're just not good at promoting people, when they do ride for someone it's the wrong someone.

Tax, crakk, Skelly, etc etc. See the trend there?

Yea tax especially that one made zero sense

JR77 08-28-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scartown (Post 735089)
Lmao,
I can't even name 2
Pat stay I guess but no. He had a name already.
Charron? They bypassed him so many times (rightfully so)
Who am I missing?

Edit* can't reply anymore. Gotta spread some around

Arguably Arcane and 100 Bulletz

Abstrakt 08-28-2017 04:27 PM

They aren't pushing him because he's not top tier material... only a few rappers can do the nerd thing well - illmaculate is far and away the best at it. Quantum is good at it, remy was fire at it and thesaurus is pretty good at it.

Frak was not that good against coma.

Abstrakt 08-28-2017 04:28 PM

Also I feel like I need to preface everything with "no hate but...". Frak seems like a perfectly nice guy... wish him all the best

Cuntoffs are Jumps 08-28-2017 11:14 PM

yesterday I rewatched him vs (Da Gawd) EK which he lost, but struck me that back in the day a Frak would have managed to battle a Fredo, Dan, FLO, Illusion, Tantrum, Caustic, Caddie etc., i.e. he'd have gotten a shot vs a bigger name fairly early on, even if he would've got bodied - just seems booking is safer these days (dudes in similar positions battling each other) or maybe big names don't take risks any more ?

(not that EK can't hang with any of those dudes btw, he's a small horned mammal grazing lustily on a mountainside)

Frak vs Human I would watch or Dunsh or Saynt

Cuntoffs are Jumps 08-28-2017 11:16 PM

also KOTD has always pushed mediocre Canadian talent vs peeps from elsewhere, because to be a league where all your main talents are from the US would make them look silly, see Krome, Skelly, Tax etc.

wwjjddd? 08-28-2017 11:24 PM

frak attack

Smokey-Clovn 08-29-2017 09:38 PM

Kotd going green no fracking anymore?

Scartown 08-30-2017 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR77 (Post 735102)
Arguably Arcane and 100 Bulletz

Arcane I can see but even then, he was strictly a Canada guy. I don't recall (I could be wrong) them flying him around to represent the league or pushing him much after his title loss.

Bullets. Ugh, I remember organik seemed to hate the guy.