RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dear KOTD, (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=29049)

Mark Doubt 02-25-2018 10:07 PM

Dear KOTD,

i'm glad you guys have partnered with chalked out and are trying to establish a presence in the UK scene....but can you guys direct some of your focus on stateside? i feel like this is something that has always been neglected. avo tried to do the bunker and yall hopped on board but that was short lived. now all we get is nikiya's super fire MASS events once a year and he already stated he's taking a break from throwing events after the situation with iron. i realize you guys still book american battlers but can we start having a fixed presence in the states?

youdontwannabethatguy 02-25-2018 10:33 PM

I automatically expected "i wrote you but you still aint calling" also does kingfly still check for this site?

Mark Doubt 02-26-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy (Post 743065)
I automatically expected "i wrote you but you still aint calling" also does kingfly still check for this site?

i'm not sure. i hardly check the board anymore so i wouldn't be surprised regardless. it's just frustrating that there's no kotd foothold in the US. they'd rather just fly 75 percent of the card to canada to face each other and maybe a few canadians for good measure, i guess.

Ams 02-26-2018 03:08 AM

Mass is still going down this year

Emancee 02-26-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Doubt (Post 743067)
i'm not sure. i hardly check the board anymore so i wouldn't be surprised regardless. it's just frustrating that there's no kotd foothold in the US. they'd rather just fly 75 percent of the card to canada to face each other and maybe a few canadians for good measure, i guess.

I've said it before, but KOTD made a mistake being King of the DOT (Ie. T-dot/ Toronto). If they marketed themselves as a more general rap league and didn't feel the need to represent Canada's terrible (current) scene, they would have got a lot further.

In other words give Charron's opponents to anyone else and the card would improve immensely...

lukej 02-27-2018 12:20 AM

Smidddddddack

culturedboy 02-27-2018 11:24 PM

smdddddddddddddddddddack

Marcus 02-28-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ams (Post 743068)

But don't expect much. I hear Nikiya is out

Mark Doubt 02-28-2018 08:26 PM

i don't want to see a mass card if nikiya isn't involved honestly.

ledge 02-28-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy (Post 743065)

haha exact first thought

Emancee 02-28-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Doubt (Post 743154)

Are you seriously telling me that Organik's usual Charron vs whatever black rapper is willing to take a cheque for thirty minutes of prep isn't exciting to you?!?

mike rigs 02-28-2018 11:44 PM

This entire site has been telling them this for years.

Casual 03-01-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Doubt (Post 743154)

yeah that's facts.

only exception would be if they just gave avo the budget and let him do his thing.

peace 03-01-2018 01:45 AM

remember DFUSA? that's what KOTD should shoot for.

brodeezy 03-01-2018 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukej (Post 743090)
Smidddddddack

yeah thats true tbh

TheGodOfPez 03-01-2018 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peace (Post 743161)
remember DFUSA? that's what KOTD should shoot for.

Can't argue with this whatsoever. Going to a live event in ATL was awesome. Really wish they would keep happening.

Mark Doubt 03-01-2018 08:14 AM

@kingfly can you maybe explain why KOTD doesn't try to establish itself in america? i just want to try and understand.

azhotazice 03-01-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ams (Post 743068)

Where’s the proof at? #askthemookcat

rogermellie 03-01-2018 11:06 AM

Chalked Out (The league in partnership with KOTD now) are actually looking kind of shaky right now, a lot of battlers and fans aren't fucking with them anymore because there was a convicted rapist attending events and friendly with a lot of the battlers (who had no idea) and staff.

The staff at Chalked out knew about his conviction and didn't tell anyone, they've apologised for it but a lot of people aren't forgiving them. Shox has said a solicitor told him they could be sued if they banned the guy because of discrimination, which is a bit hard to believe but Kingfly did back him up a bit.

I do think the staff genuinely realise they fucked up and are sorry but yeah it's not washing for most. The UK facebook group has now been closed, I'm guessing to give time for everyone to simmer down but yeah right now it's hard to tell what it means for Chalked Out moving forward. The battles from their last event (with Tony vs Soul, Madflex vs Shox etc) are going to be released on KOTD still.

Edit- Oh actually it looks like Shox has quit because of the backlash

Mark Doubt 03-01-2018 07:22 PM

sounds pretty unlucky for kotd.