RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Audio Battlegrounds (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Battle Throwback Mike vs. Memphis (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=18440)

KBomb 02-18-2015 01:15 PM

Throwback Mike vs. Memphis

@Throwback Mike

@Memphis

I’m about to show yall ‘How to Get Away With Murder” Annaleis
When my “Men in Black” I’m bring that “Heavy Metal” too, that’s Tommy Lee (Band/Actor)
I’m straight ruthless I won’t let you die in your sleep like Helen Keller,
I’ll just shoot this bitch out back like Old Yeller,
Plus you claim you sell drugs? Well now it’s time to expose this bitch Scarlet Letter,
We don’t believe your lies so whatever you selling mine is better,
But if you do got that coke I’m a line you up front and center,
Kuz I’m bout to leave you red over white like a Waldo Sweater,
Since you known for playing games, I’m dropping rounds…….Connect Four,
Your troll efforts are a fucking F plus you gets no respect nor,
Are you winning this battle with false personals kuz you don’t know me,
Think you an Ape till I’m cutting off ya Tail like Yajarobe, (DBZ)
You won RBL right? Well my nigga that’s an sad excuses for an accomplishment but I’ll acknowledge it,
So sit back and watch me take your medallion,
Kuz even though this a video battle I still got bars and I’m more animated than a Angry Italian
So why would you take this battle, knowing I’m more deadly than stranger danger,
Bitches like you who ride, they die like the yellow ranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBvigm6rZyU

Back to back punches this my battle zone, my resume….A CATACOMB, so watch ya tone,
Kuz while you gone, I’m like a squatter how I be camping inside of ya home,
And that pistol is crome, then it’s off with ya dome,
When they call my team the expendables they talking more like Sylvester Stallone
The last time I checked the boards,
The odds of Mike to win were 5 to 1, well now it’s too late for yall to change that offer,
Kuz right now, I’m shocking niggas like I forgot to dry y clothes with the Fabric Softener
So fuck this nigga,
I’ll run up on Mike while he chilling in his parked car,
Then proceed to light up his whip like that Mario Cart Star,
I don’t like to do personals either kuz,
I’m from the old school where we used to battle at the park to see who had the better bars,
So if you try that KOTD bullshit with me that won’t get you far,
Kuz when you see me in that alley creeping on the down low I aint Mr. Biggs,
I’m sending shots that will leave ya head curling like British Wigs,
Do yall see the differenc between our bars?
Pay attention kuz that last line was too vivid, I’m too vicious, that tool lifted with long caps, no magicians
Yo fam jump in then I’m serving everybody like a homeless shelter soup kitchen,
So let me find out that this nigga ducking
It aint a thing for me to put a price on his head for next to nothing,
Thinks I’m bluffing? Well it’s guerllia tactics when I get to hunting, you won’t see me coming,
After I put these arms behind yo back like when a ninja running,
You know, arms behind your back, ninjas running,
When I get to gunning, shots fire, it’s not hurdles when we get to jumping,
You just got bodied so from now on my nigga stay out of my mentions,
Kuz you only known for getting your ass beat everytime like evil henchmen

Memphis 02-18-2015 02:14 PM

S/o KBomb for the quick upload God damn you work fast
@I am LIL ILL @The Kurgan @Dank Schrader @thatguy @JShazo @Blanco14 @Abrupt @Exenexex @JOBone @WestGotBars @coleowsuz @Smokinstein @Deja @The Mage BTM @NumberSix @The Chef @The Kang @King John @Bobby Bigelow @Letterman @TREY mothafucking Duece @Yagerbomb @Ass Napkin Ed @Brandon Miller @SonnyDaze @DJ Profit @SuckaFreeCashier @InsertBigTGunSound

Tagging you guys for votes please watch and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dank Schrader 02-18-2015 02:30 PM

Oh shit, I thought this was still like a week away at least, will check it out later today

SuckaFreeCashier 02-18-2015 02:54 PM

Wow this is probably the best battle I've seen from either of you. Will watch several more times and breakdown

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

InsertBigTGunSound 02-18-2015 03:57 PM

Memphis got this one clearly, his delivery, flow, punchlines were all on point and he made me screwface a couple of times.

Mike was good but sounded choppy off and on, and he had some good ones like shield your cap like the raiders logo, but the punches werent resonating with me.

Good battle overall on one watch. Will watch a bit later again to provide further analysis.

The yellow ranger, waldo, scarlet letter, fabric softener, and arms running behind your back like a ninja running were all standout lines.
@Memphis kind of remind me of Qleen Paper.

I am LIL ILL 02-18-2015 04:48 PM

@Throwback Mike man these bars was heavy. I can honestly say you out barred Memphis and memphis out rapped you. It was so close but I edged it to you cause you had a lot of great bars that sounded professionally written and rehearsed. btw not too many people on this site can write bars like that. I voted for you cause I felt like you invested a ton of time into this and put in a lot more work. You are very competitive like Dank and I like people that take it to heart.

KBomb 02-18-2015 05:45 PM

Mikes strength is without a doubt writing. His bars are top tier but the presence, delivery and flow need work, which is no surprise as this is one of if not your first video battles so that stuff will come with practice. Definitely a good start and keep putting dope shit out

thatguy 02-18-2015 07:18 PM

Memphis has a nice flow, shit comes pretty natural to him. After watching Mike I thought he was much improved in terms of delivery from past performances, but still think Memphis was better on delivery. That bein said, Mike had probably twice as many bars that hit for me. Memphis did his think, don't get me wrong, but Mike's writing is about as good as it gets and I think the difference in writing overcame any difference in delivery.

voting Mike, dope battle!

thatguy 02-18-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBomb (Post 491966)
Mikes strength is without a doubt writing. His bars are top tier but the presence, delivery and flow need work, which is no surprise as this is one of if not your first video battles so that stuff will come with practice. Definitely a good start and keep putting dope shit out

you should watch dank vs mike.

KBomb 02-18-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguy (Post 491989)
you should watch dank vs mike.

In my defense that's on page 3 of the section and I only went back 1 page while looking cause I'm lazy

JShazo 02-18-2015 10:49 PM

Edged to Memphis feel like he was note consistent and relentless in this. Mike had bats as always but seemed like he was stumbling a lil. Great battle overall as I expected it will be. I'll have to make my video debut one day...but I doubt it

TREY mothafucking DEUCE 02-18-2015 11:03 PM

Iunnno mike had some shit... Memphis did to this will be a good style clash for the people to vote! Ill brb with my opinion..

I'mma kill Memphis tho

Dank Schrader 02-18-2015 11:40 PM

Only had time for one watch so far but damn, these video battles keep gettin better and better, stand out lines for me where mikes holy grail bar and memphis yellow ranger shit (so weird I litterally found out bout her being dead today coz the kids been watchin power rangers on netflix)

Memphis 02-19-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dank Schrader (Post 492050)
Only had time for one watch so far but damn, these video battles keep gettin better and better, stand out lines for me where mikes holy grail bar and memphis yellow ranger shit (so weird I litterally found out bout her being dead today coz the kids been watchin power rangers on netflix)

Mighty Morphin on Netflix? [emoji16]

I'm higher than a giraffe pussy right now bout to marathon that

Memphis 02-19-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREY mothafucking DEUCE (Post 492042)
Iunnno mike had some shit... Memphis did to this will be a good style clash for the people to vote! Ill brb with my opinion..

I'mma kill Memphis tho

Check Ya Pm's you want to do video instead?

I am LIL ILL 02-19-2015 12:20 AM

@Memphis why didn't you body ILLA on OTBVA? that could of been an easy win for you. I bodied that dork with 5 minutes prep the moment I heard of the guy.

Memphis 02-19-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL (Post 492078)
@Memphis why didn't you body ILLA on OTBVA? that could of been an easy win for you. I bodied that dork with 5 minutes prep the moment I heard of the guy.

They fucked with my account so I couldn't log in when he dropped his video plus they would've said he won no matter what I spit so I said fuck it

It would be a waste of time and after he dropped his video it proved my point

TREY mothafucking DEUCE 02-19-2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 492073)
Check Ya Pm's you want to do video instead?

Listen I'VE BEEN ready since you said be ready I already have my shit recorded.. But just for you! Tonight I will video my shit, and I will freestyle at the end too..

Just making me wait.. You going to get it worse..

Memphis 02-19-2015 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREY mothafucking DEUCE (Post 492093)
Listen I'VE BEEN ready since you said be ready I already have my shit recorded.. But just for you! Tonight I will video my shit, and I will freestyle at the end too..

Just making me wait.. You going to get it worse..

nigga i asked if you were ready and you never replied back,

don't do the video I'll just record my normal verse and have it sent to KBomb early Friday morning bby 0600 central time

Don't need no advantages with you reesytling,

TREY mothafucking DEUCE 02-19-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 492094)
nigga i asked if you were ready and you never replied back,

don't do the video I'll just record my normal verse and have it sent to KBomb early Friday morning bby 0600 central time

Don't need no advantages with you reesytling,

I'm recording again anyways tonight.. And imma still freestyle the closer and fucking kill you! Shit you need two more days!? Y'all trippin !

Memphis 02-19-2015 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREY mothafucking DEUCE (Post 492132)
I'm recording again anyways tonight.. And imma still freestyle the closer and fucking kill you! Shit you need two more days!? Y'all trippin !

My verse has been done I just can't record it till Friday morning

Do you honestly think you can beat me after I just dropped this video?

You should go to the doctor kuz your brain clearly doesn't register fear

Don't worry Friday morning will be your day, you'll get bodied before the sun rises

TREY mothafucking DEUCE 02-19-2015 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 492152)
My verse has been done I just can't record it till Friday morning

Do you honestly think you can beat me after I just dropped this video?

You should go to the doctor kuz your brain clearly doesn't register fear

Don't worry Friday morning will be your day, you'll get bodied before the sun rises

You emotional light skinned pencil thin moustache havin anime fan....

You need to chill out.. You just posted a video where you voluntarily wore a outfit they wear in dragon ball Z, you born in 93.. I thought I was bad for smoking weed an playing 2K.. Then I saw that video...

Bobby Bigelow 02-19-2015 01:19 PM

Both had some good shit here. One thing I really noticed that was a big difference maker for me here was the flow and delivery Memphis had. TBM has parts where his stuff sounds pretty good, then other parts where it sounds just average. The bars are there for both sides but Mike had a few more I was feeling. The flow and delivery is half the battle thought with these video clashes and when a good bar is not delivered right it takes away from the effectiveness.

Memphis' closing 8 sounded real nice even tho most of the lines were just decent, nothing real heavy hitting but it finished the verse off nice. Lots of inner rhyming from both. Pretty much it comes down to bars vs flow/delivery. TBM had more lines I was feeling but the gap in flow/delivery was greater then the gap in amount of good bars if that makes sense so Im edging this to Memphis. I can see the reasons where people would vote for both and this comes down to preference in the end. Real good battle from both here but Memphis takes this for me.

Throwback Mike 02-19-2015 05:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone has anything more specific they think I should work on in terms of the rapping side of things--delivery, flow, etc. Because, other than knowing my material better in the future so that I don't have awkward pauses in a couple places like I did here, I'm not sure I can improve much in this category unless there's something concrete I can work on. Am I rapping too slow still? Do I need to be more aggressive?--which is still kinda hard to do rapping in an empty room. Is it because my bars are too wordy in some places? Or is it just something that you either have or you don't, so me asking these questions just shows that I'll never get it??

H E L P !!!!!!

This is a battle rap emergency!

Memphis 02-19-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwback Mike (Post 492502)
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone has anything more specific they think I should work on in terms of the rapping side of things--delivery, flow, etc. Because, other than knowing my material better in the future so that I don't have awkward pauses in a couple places like I did here, I'm not sure I can improve much in this category unless there's something concrete I can work on. Am I rapping too slow still? Do I need to be more aggressive?--which is still kinda hard to do rapping in an empty room. Is it because my bars are too wordy in some places? Or is it just something that you either have or you don't, so me asking these questions just shows that I'll never get it??

H E L P !!!!!!

You have bars and can write so that's not the problem

Your verse seemed choppy at some parts and I feel you can speed it up a tad bit those were the only main thing I noticed

I rapped my verse while sitting on my bed recording from my iPhone so the empty room shouldn't really be a problem just depends on how close you record

Great stuff though otherwise

Throwback Mike 02-19-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 492523)
You have bars and can write so that's not the problem

Your verse seemed choppy at some parts and I feel you can speed it up a tad bit those were the only main thing I noticed

I rapped my verse while sitting on my bed recording from my iPhone so the empty room shouldn't really be a problem just depends on how close you record

Great stuff though otherwise

:shaqsalute:

I'll definitely work on the choppiness. I think a lot of that's just struggling to recall the material at certain points, so the transitions aren't always very smooth. So I'll try to memorize things better in the future.

But yeah, you killed it. This is exactly the type of battle I was hoping for.

Classic :smidack:

WestGotBars 02-19-2015 09:40 PM

no doubt yall put real classic and had crazy bars Mike's verse was little shaky some of em would have came out crazy if the delivery was right and mix wit witty flow. but anyhow got da niga Memphis winnin this namsayin? he got that street talk aura namsayin? he got nice presence namsayin? namsayin? dis shit classic namsayin?

SuckaFreeCashier 02-20-2015 02:47 AM

Mike: After listening a few more times, I take back my first comment. I think your Dank battle was a bit better than this one. In the beginning I felt like you seemed a little disinterested. I've had this "rapping in an empty room" issue as well, so I don't really have much advice to get over it :funny:. Might just get more used to it as you go. Flow was super on point for the first multi scheme (hiatus, ice skater etc.) so if you came with a bit more aggression it would have landed much harder for me. The achilles of troy and the rhyming / flow leading up to it were super dope. Knock you cold out like robatitussin was nassssty. Ok, i realized as I'm getting further into this verse that pretty much every other punch is getting a real good reaction from me. Your pen game (imo) is virtually perfect. If you got your aggression back to where it was for the dank battle and maybe sped up just a little bit you'd be golden. Flow wise you are very good (stumbles seem to be memorization which can be easily improved by practicing more). I still really enjoy your verese, written and audio.

Memphis: You and Dank are 1a and 1b for rapping on rmbva. Flow was super on point the entire time and it just makes the punches pop so much more. Old Yeller / Scarlett letter bitch shit was real nice. Connect four punch was super clever too. Yellow ranger punch had me legit :jaydamn:. light ya whip up like mario kart star was niiiiiiiiiiiice. Curlin like british wigs was hot too. Damn this battle is straight loaded.

Overall I've got it like this: Mike overall better punches with a solid rapping ability and memphis had better rapping ability with good punches. TBH the fans won... but for the poll I'll edge really slightly to Memphis. Dope battle, definitely one of the best ones on the site.

JOBone 02-20-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwback Mike (Post 492502)

H E L P !!!!!!

Too wordy is the first criticism that comes to my mind. Either too many syllables or phrasing that sounds more awkward spoken than when it's written.

JOBone 02-20-2015 07:56 AM

Dope battle. Probably the best verse I've heard from Memphis in a minute. Good punches and flow from both with Memphis edging delivery but Mike had some haymakers here that really impressed me. Like the kind of shit I really wished I had written. I'm going to have to give it to Mike.

Bobby Bigelow 02-20-2015 02:11 PM

@Throwback Mike

For me your flow seems a little slow at parts where a little quicker delivery could make the line really hit hard. Also a little wordy in some areas. I know about the empty room shit it makes it seem a little awkward to spit you just need to say fuck it and go in. You got the consistent bars just need to tweak the flow and delivery a little and there aint many people that can fuck with you tbh.

Dank Schrader 02-20-2015 05:02 PM

its weird as fuck that an empty room puts you off lol i go the fuck in when ever the house is empty be it freestyles or self loving im always turnin shit up.....

but yeah i dunno, the empty room has never been a problem for me, its rapping in front of a crowd where id forget my shit

(breakdown coming tomorrow)

JShazo 02-20-2015 05:14 PM

@Throwback Mike my main criticism is there wasn't enough choppas flashin in the video

Og Smokinstein 02-20-2015 07:49 PM

This battle was str8.. before watching i assumed Memphis would lose. But i was surprised to see he beat. I think mike might have had a couple, cool bars, but his flow and delivery kinda canceled that out.

Neither didnt had anything super cold, but Memphis edged it with his flow and delivery.

Og Smokinstein 02-20-2015 07:51 PM

This shit wont let me vote.

SonnyDaze 02-21-2015 08:19 PM

Dope verses guys. I had to give Mike the edge in writing/punches while Memphis's rapping ability was noticeably better (still a bit rushed for me though). Overall, I couldn't call a winner.

Dank Schrader 02-22-2015 02:44 AM

breakdown time

really liked mikes lowkey start, rhymes were nice, ice skater line was solid and then the achiles heel shit was fire, robitussin line was cool. flow through the corba clutch part of the scheme got a little choppy candy cane was nice. liked the coming out of the snap back idea, but thought the set up was worded weirdly. holly grail bar of the battle for me, fire, the next shceme was nice writing but again choppy delivery, to give some advice i feel like you were taking too long between breaths (also random pointer, post your writtens next time, im having a ballache of a time googling how to spell shit) between the praising allah bar and bullets to your temple you didnt take a breath and then tried to catch it mid word and it just few everything off (i did rate all the bars though). raiders cap and harry potter bars were dope, the flow on the little scheme that had the clappin in your studio like a laugh track (dope bar) was nice and a slight change of pace but again kind of fell off a little on the last 2 bars. the memphis doesnt handle losing well seemd a bit drawn out and its been done alot, i did really like the closer though.

memphis opening two were real nice and i liked the next two as well. the scarlet letter shit was fire and the waldo sweater was nice, my only problem with these few bars was ive nenevr really heard mike mention drugs, but thats a minor issue. dbz reference and whole scehem leading up to it was real solid, angry italian was probably the only punch i wasnt rocking with, stranger danger was nice and the yellow ranger shit was cold. fabric softner bar was funny, mario kart and british wigs were both dope, long caps no magicians (some of your set ups are better than peoples punches) and the flow leading up to it (too vivid, I’m too vicious, that tool lifted) sounded so good, ive not mentioned your flow as its always on point but that lil bit especially stood out to me. finally the ninja running bar killed shit and the closer was solid.

i dont think the falts in mikes flow played into my decision as much as some people ive seen, i still think he has a pretty good delivery, its laid back but it doesnt sound overly slow imo, sorting the breathing and adding a bit of aggression here and there would help. mike rapping a minute longer kind of hurt as i felt the weakest part of his shit was the last minute. i think mike had a few more haymakers but memphis just throws so many punches thats its hard to keep up with them. in a shorter amount of time memphis hit more and had the better flow so hes gotta get the w, real good battle though ive already watched it more than any other video battle on here

larry word 02-23-2015 10:35 PM

mike sound like a bored caustic

knock ya cold out like robitussin mmmmmmmm

clappin in ya studio like recordin a laugh track WOW

50s singing / doo wop music

memphis needed a few more haymakers and woulda prolly won the crowd irl but since this is the interweb i'd say mike won

Ass Napkin Ed 02-23-2015 11:54 PM

Damn this shit was hot yall

@Throwback Mike - Is definitely the writer here and he has crazy word play
@Memphis - bars too, but his strength is in his presence and delivery

This is like the Wu-tang, they all are equally dope but it boils down to aura
If you like lyrics - GZA, Rae, Masta Killah, Deck,
If you like delivery - Meth, ODB, Ghost, U-God, Cappadonna

I like delivery - so I went with Memphis - but only because of that
Throwback Mike - is better lyrically and outrapped homie

dynamic shit from both you fools

Memphis 02-24-2015 11:26 AM