RMBVA

RMBVA (http://rmbva.com/index.php)
-   Battle Video Archives (http://rmbva.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lord Jamar vs eminem (http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=29635)

griminey 10-18-2018 05:18 PM

Lord Jamar vs eminem
 
Recently in a vlad interview Vlad suggested that Jamar get his boys from brand Nubian and make a response to Eminem. Jamar responded by saying "that shits corny". What do the people think?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Cuntoffs are Jumps 10-18-2018 05:44 PM

i listened to a brand nubian album recently, dope for its time but wouldn't go well.

Eminem is to battling what Jamar is to Vlad interviews

griminey 10-18-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps (Post 749982)
i listened to a brand nubian album recently, dope for its time but wouldn't go well.

Eminem is to battling what Jamar is to Vlad interviews

I think the thing that stuck out to me was Jamar saying it was "corny." How is making a diss track to someone that dissed you corny in the world of hip hop? What part of the game is that? To me that seems like the most hip hop thing you could do in that situation.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

griminey 10-18-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 749985)
I think the thing that stuck out to me was Jamar saying it was "corny." How is making a diss track to someone that dissed you corny in the world of hip hop? What part of the game is that? To me that seems like the most hip hop thing you could do in that situation.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Especially being the hip hop purist Jamar promotes himself as.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Dusted123 10-18-2018 06:18 PM

Jamar should just take a sample of Eminem referencing him, put it at the start of a song then do a black power verse and don't even talk about Eminem

Eminem can't say shit in response to this and even if the verse isn't that great people will rock with it anyway

Smokey-Clovn 10-18-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 749985)
I think the thing that stuck out to me was Jamar saying it was "corny." How is making a diss track to someone that dissed you corny in the world of hip hop? What part of the game is that? To me that seems like the most hip hop thing you could do in that situation.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 749986)
Especially being the hip hop purist Jamar promotes himself as.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Did you just quote yourself :controuble:

Profess 10-18-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 749985)
I think the thing that stuck out to me was Jamar saying it was "corny." How is making a diss track to someone that dissed you corny in the world of hip hop? What part of the game is that? To me that seems like the most hip hop thing you could do in that situation.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jamar says it's corny because he's a knowledge rapper not a battle rapper. He's staying in his lane

griminey 10-18-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 749991)
Jamar says it's corny because he's a knowledge rapper not a battle rapper. He's staying in his lane

If he would just come out and speak the truth "I can't hang when it comes to this battle shit," I'd accept it. But saying battling is corny is pretty much the corniest thing you can say when someone starts taking sideways about you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MrFujiwara 10-18-2018 09:48 PM

Its corny because it would be a bunch of 50+ year old men making a song disparaging a 40+ year old man.

youdontwannabethatguy 10-18-2018 10:37 PM

Lord jamar is a hater and you can do joint diss records pac had some dudes on hit em up

Cuntoffs are Jumps 10-18-2018 11:02 PM

but isn't Jamar purposefully playing this elderly statesman , curmudgeon type role I mean he's not active, more of an argument that Budden should go at Em IMO

Emancee 10-18-2018 11:08 PM

c'mon, Brand Nubian making a diss song would just be weird. They are all about spirituality and consciousness, it's not their style.

Unless they remake Slow Down but with Eminem...

Benzo 10-19-2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emancee (Post 750007)
c'mon, Brand Nubian making a diss song would just be weird. They are all about spirituality and consciousness, it's not their style.

Unless they remake Slow Down but with Eminem...

umm, punks jump up to get beat down.

The Wrist 10-19-2018 02:43 AM

brand nubian isn't even particularly together right now i don't think......sadat x is out touring with el da sensai......them reuiniting just to diss Em is dumb lol

griminey 10-19-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wrist (Post 750013)
brand nubian isn't even particularly together right now i don't think......sadat x is out touring with el da sensai......them reuiniting just to diss Em is dumb lol

Well they're not making music as a group but they're still all on good terms. Why would that be dumb? One of the biggest names in hip hop just dissed you, you going to not respond and still call yourself an emcee?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

griminey 10-19-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profess (Post 749991)
Jamar says it's corny because he's a knowledge rapper not a battle rapper. He's staying in his lane

He's not though, remember when he dissed Kanye with that "lift up your skirt " or whatever. Dude is scared to get into a battle with Eminem and that's really all there is to it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The Wrist 10-20-2018 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 750037)
Well they're not making music as a group but they're still all on good terms. Why would that be dumb? One of the biggest names in hip hop just dissed you, you going to not respond and still call yourself an emcee?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

cuz its dumb

griminey 10-21-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wrist (Post 750053)
cuz its dumb

The discourse on this site has plummeted even further, as if that was even possible.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Cuntoffs are Jumps 10-21-2018 11:57 PM

We can go lower

Emancee 10-22-2018 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps (Post 750091)
We can go lower

Where Brodeezy at?!?

grandgroove 10-22-2018 03:24 PM

Quick to toast an emcee just like an English muffin

Smokey-Clovn 10-22-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 750037)
Well they're not making music as a group but they're still all on good terms. Why would that be dumb? One of the biggest names in hip hop just dissed you, you going to not respond and still call yourself an emcee?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Eminem= rippedy raps

Brand Nubian= hip hop

Different caliber

Devilmatic 10-23-2018 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn (Post 750125)
Eminem= rippedy raps

Brand Nubian= hip hop

Different caliber

yeah true Brand Nubian can't rap for shit no arguments here

The Wrist 10-23-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 750090)
The discourse on this site has plummeted even further, as if that was even possible.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

you're right. i'm sorry I didn't take this outlandish idea super serious. allow me to repent

rogermellie 10-23-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 750037)
Well they're not making music as a group but they're still all on good terms. Why would that be dumb? One of the biggest names in hip hop just dissed you, you going to not respond and still call yourself an emcee?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

They're not kids on the come up, they're in their late 40s/early 50s, why would they care about that shit?

griminey 10-23-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogermellie (Post 750139)
They're not kids on the come up, they're in their late 40s/early 50s, why would they care about that shit?

Here's the thing, Jamar often speaks on the being true to the history of hip hop and passing down wisdom to the youth. Wouldn't this be a great time to show the youth some real hip hop shit by keeping it on wax and firing back at em? Showing the young people that these old dudes still got it? Wouldn't it be fucking cool just to see brand Nubian go for it? I'd love it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

griminey 10-23-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wrist (Post 750135)
you're right. i'm sorry I didn't take this outlandish idea super serious. allow me to repent

What is outlandish about brand Nubian making a diss record?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Neanderthol 10-23-2018 05:36 PM

Sorry yall but yes it is corny for Brand Nubian, the Pro-Black, 5 percenter, pioneering hip hop GROUP, to REUNITE to do a diss track to Eminem, the biggest selling white rapper of all time because Em finally responded to a 5 year old comment 1 member made. Let us put aside the fact that 9 times outta 10, had this not occurred and snowballed with all types of added outside opinions and reiterations, Em would have most likely agreed with Jamar that he is a guest in hip hop.

Smokey-Clovn 10-23-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilmatic (Post 750134)
yeah true Brand Nubian can't rap for shit no arguments here

Yeah okay whitey :controuble:

griminey 10-23-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neanderthol (Post 750144)
Sorry yall but yes it is corny for Brand Nubian, the Pro-Black, 5 percenter, pioneering hip hop GROUP, to REUNITE to do a diss track to Eminem, the biggest selling white rapper of all time because Em finally responded to a 5 year old comment 1 member made. Let us put aside the fact that 9 times outta 10, had this not occurred and snowballed with all types of added outside opinions and reiterations, Em would have most likely agreed with Jamar that he is a guest in hip hop.

Lord Jamar has kept Eminem name in his mouth 5 years you mean.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ass2myface 10-24-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neanderthol (Post 750144)
Sorry yall but yes it is corny for Brand Nubian, the Pro-Black, 5 percenter, pioneering hip hop GROUP, to REUNITE to do a diss track to Eminem, the biggest selling white rapper of all time because Em finally responded to a 5 year old comment 1 member made. Let us put aside the fact that 9 times outta 10, had this not occurred and snowballed with all types of added outside opinions and reiterations, Em would have most likely agreed with Jamar that he is a guest in hip hop.

Kind of funny Jamar played the role of a 5 percenter in the show OZ as well

RA The Rugged Man agreed with himself being a guess in hip hop for whats it's worth. Sadat X did tracks with him and Everlast, so I doubt he's as invested in the borderline race baiting as much as Jamar. I agree without the constant Vlad interviews and follow up response vids from others, it wouldn't of been as big of a deal

Don't agree with rappers being so old that they can't perform, rap has to be the only genre that people take shit for being too old to old. David Bowie was literally on his death bed making music. With that being said, I really have no interest in a Lord Jamar response let alone Brand Nubian who doesn't seem invested in this anyway. I get Em being annoyed with Jamar, but he probably should of just bit the bullet and not brought his name back up. The majority of the old school rappers give Em his props for his contributions to the culture anyway, can't please everybody

Neanderthol 10-24-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 750151)
Lord Jamar has kept Eminem name in his mouth 5 years you mean.
Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

To be fair Vlad kept bringing him up; so much so that recently Jamar would look annoyed to have to keep revisiting the topic and would give Em half-assed props here and there because the narrative had grown tired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ass2myface (Post 750155)
Kind of funny Jamar played the role of a 5 percenter in the show OZ as well

RA The Rugged Man agreed with himself being a guess in hip hop for whats it's worth. Sadat X did tracks with him and Everlast, so I doubt he's as invested in the borderline race baiting as much as Jamar. I agree without the constant Vlad interviews and follow up response vids from others, it wouldn't of been as big of a deal

Don't agree with rappers being so old that they can't perform, rap has to be the only genre that people take shit for being too old to old. David Bowie was literally on his death bed making music. With that being said, I really have no interest in a Lord Jamar response let alone Brand Nubian who doesn't seem invested in this anyway. I get Em being annoyed with Jamar, but he probably should of just bit the bullet and not brought his name back up. The majority of the old school rappers give Em his props for his contributions to the culture anyway, can't please everybody

Race baiting isn't a thing; it is a Fox News term BUT I agree wit everything else you said

Trust that my old ass def would not be the one to tell someone they are too old to fire shots or to answer them; I was just saying that them coming together and going out of the way, with all their accolades and prestige, to diss EM could be construed as corny.
Beyond that, what would it prove?:
-very few people on any side of the debate would doubt that Em would win a exchange of diss songs
-nothing would change about either of their statuses except for maybe each of them introducing the other to potential new fans

And lets be honest, Jamar didn't say much wrong

He said whites are guests in the house of hip hop-fact
He said Eminem is a great technical rhymer but doesn't make music black people can relate to -pretty damn factish
He said he couldn't be a GOAT if only white people regard him as such-I would agree IF only white people did, but there are certainly black artists that put him up there (this one is a debatable; I personally don't consider him GOAT)

griminey 10-24-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neanderthol (Post 750167)
To be fair Vlad kept bringing him up; so much so that recently Jamar would look annoyed to have to keep revisiting the topic and would give Em half-assed props here and there because the narrative had grown tired.



Race baiting isn't a thing; it is a Fox News term BUT I agree wit everything else you said

Trust that my old ass def would not be the one to tell someone they are too old to fire shots or to answer them; I was just saying that them coming together and going out of the way, with all their accolades and prestige, to diss EM could be construed as corny.
Beyond that, what would it prove?:
-very few people on any side of the debate would doubt that Em would win a exchange of diss songs
-nothing would change about either of their statuses except for maybe each of them introducing the other to potential new fans

And lets be honest, Jamar didn't say much wrong

He said whites are guests in the house of hip hop-fact
He said Eminem is a great technical rhymer but doesn't make music black people can relate to -pretty damn factish
He said he couldn't be a GOAT if only white people regard him as such-I would agree IF only white people did, but there are certainly black artists that put him up there (this one is a debatable; I personally don't consider him GOAT)

I agree that the guest thing got blown hugely out of proportion. Any sensible person would agree with it, I find most people that don't, are usually just people that dislike Jamar on a personal level.

I don't really listen to Eminem, however when I was younger I'd bump him here and there. But when people like kool g rap, and Rakim rate him up there as being one of the best that means an awful lot more to me than jamars opinion. Overall I do think the guest shit got way bigger than jamar intended, mostly because of Vlad. But I'd still love for an old school group like Nubian to make a song in response, I'd just love to see that shit Jamar has to say get said on a record. Like, this is hip hop, let's diss this guy. Sure, the majority of people would view em as winning no matter what happened, I'd just like to see it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Devilmatic 10-24-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn (Post 750150)
Yeah okay whitey :controuble:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rogermellie 10-25-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ass2myface (Post 750155)

Don't agree with rappers being so old that they can't perform, rap has to be the only genre that people take shit for being too old to old. David Bowie was literally on his death bed making music.

Nobody said they're too old to rap it's just the idea of getting back together to write a diss at 50 is weird.

People take shit in rap for being too old when they just do uninspired throwbacks. David Bowie was on his death bed making music about being on his death bed.

grandgroove 10-26-2018 03:23 PM

Resident old head here. Bought ‘All For One’ in cassette during release day. Camelot Music. I was in the 9th grade.

The last I checked for Brand Nubian was that Enter the Dubstep shit from earlier in the decade. That whole project felt like some white hipsters trying too hard for cred. On top of that, making the music “their way”. The whole shit just felt contrived.

Anyway, I like to keep up with Lord Jamar interviews, no matter how outlandish. I appreciated the “guests” discussion and agree with it. Here, though, it’s another case of Vlad trying to stoke fires where none exist. He is long overdue for a broken nose.

Now, back to my Metamucil and blood pressure medicine.

rogermellie 10-26-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandgroove (Post 750189)

The last I checked for Brand Nubian was that Enter the Dubstep shit from earlier in the decade. That whole project felt like some white hipsters trying too hard for cred. On top of that, making the music “their way”. The whole shit just felt contrived.
.

Haha fucking hell I completely forgot about this, I had the Wu Tang Clan one on Vinyl. Other than a nice remix of Street Corners the whole thing was trash iirc.

griminey 10-26-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandgroove (Post 750189)
Resident old head here. Bought ‘All For One’ in cassette during release day. Camelot Music. I was in the 9th grade.

The last I checked for Brand Nubian was that Enter the Dubstep shit from earlier in the decade. That whole project felt like some white hipsters trying too hard for cred. On top of that, making the music “their way”. The whole shit just felt contrived.

Anyway, I like to keep up with Lord Jamar interviews, no matter how outlandish. I appreciated the “guests” discussion and agree with it. Here, though, it’s another case of Vlad trying to stoke fires where none exist. He is long overdue for a broken nose.

Now, back to my Metamucil and blood pressure medicine.

Lord Jamar, Willie d, and TK Kirkland are pretty much the sole reasons I keep up with the channel. Even if I disagree with them their interviews are always interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

grandgroove 10-29-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griminey (Post 750193)
Lord Jamar, Willie d, and TK Kirkland are pretty much the sole reasons I keep up with the channel. Even if I disagree with them their interviews are always interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk



Nice! I saw Willie D on a tour sometime back in the aughts. No vocal overdubs, two-hour show. He took the time to talk to everyone who came up to him afterward. It was a good night.

Neanderthol 11-21-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandgroove (Post 750247)
Nice! I saw Willie D on a tour sometime back in the aughts. No vocal overdubs, two-hour show. He took the time to talk to everyone who came up to him afterward. It was a good night.

This sounds incredible


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.