Thread: Bodied premiere
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #29
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I think the way to square this circle (is that what the expression is) is to have battles that don't involve the main character which really aren't about the things you listed at all. If the main character's arc is about anti-political correctness, or whatever, then I don't see a problem with the battles he's involved with advancing that story. That said, if they wish to remain true to what battle rap is, like you said, that can't be the entirety of the focus.

To add credence to your point though, Twist is a smart guy and everything, but his frame of reference in battle rap is clearly the GT/early KOTD era specifically. That would seem to suggest that maybe that style is what Twist thinks battle rap is.
I hear you. I obviously haven't seen the movie, and I'm legit happy for twist and the battle rappers involved in it, but the way this movie is described sounds like some shit I'm just not on board with lol

I'm still looking forward to seeing it tho, and if I like it, I won't lie about that
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote