View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Well, it absolutely, 100% doesn't help against it. Is that a real question, even? I can think of a single instance that it as ever helped against racism. I can think of a hundred where it has promoted racism, on the otherhand.

But I kinda agree with what mapleleaf said.

The fucked up part is when a platform like kotd purposefully sets up a battle based on the races of the battlers. That is a divisive gimmick and always hurts the community.

The problem I have with racism in battle rap isn't that it's personally hurtful, it's that it's a misuse of rap culture. These people that otherwise wouldn't have anything to do with rap are basically trying to (or encouraging people to) weaponize it, and use it against itself. They may not all realize that that's what they are doing, but it's definitely happening.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote