Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
The Off Topic Thread (Sponsored by 9FIVE Eyewear)

Old 07-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #41
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@SpecialOh

wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #42
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
4 fucking days bro

did u pick out wut ur gonna wear????

just got off my last shift til the drop, 7am just got off working and im singing a song for one of my leads, mr boondocks
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #43
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
**SPOILER**
#GETHYPE
@seanzo

first song = based on

Old 07-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #44
averagejoe

i cant stop the beating
so just RAP RAP RAP

specialoh >>>>>>>>
#SleepIsForPussies
@mdk @wwjjddd? im recording my version of that other song u heard 2nite (hopefully)
so please give me feedback asap (hes prob better)

Last edited by averagejoe; 07-21-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #45
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this isn't nearly off topic enough

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #46
averagejoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
this isn't nearly off topic enough
im sorry i hijacked the thread for my own selfish purpose i just dont wanna spam other parts of the forum and im excited i been working 2 years to be good enough to create the kind of battle rap content i wanted to
Old 07-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #47
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
im sorry i hijacked the thread for my own selfish purpose i just dont wanna spam other parts of the forum and im excited i been working 2 years to be good enough to create the kind of battle rap content i wanted to
i'm in a particularly awful personal life situation I won't get into.....its medical and involves my immediate family...but...as a result, I've had a lot of free time to myself...so I made 2 beats and started writin' raps to em in my free time....its the first time I've really done that in years....many years...since whenever I made the shit my sig links to....

i'm also semi excited about it...though I may never finish them...I don't really wanna rap anymore...but i do like to make beats and talk shit....so it kind of happens...

I'd just make a buncha beats and shop em to battle rappers I have connects to....or various indie guys I have connects to....or the local cats that I dig...but....I hate doing that...whenever I do that, aside from a few people, others using my production just makes me go...meh, i woulda been better on this...i'm a douche

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #48
averagejoe

Quote:
i'm in a particularly awful personal life situation I won't get into.....its medical and involves my immediate family...but...as a result, I've had a lot of free time to myself...so I made 2 beats and started writin' raps to em in my free time....its the first time I've really done that in years....many years...since whenever I made the shit my sig links to....

i'm also semi excited about it...though I may never finish them...I don't really wanna rap anymore...but i do like to make beats and talk shit....so it kind of happens...

I'd just make a buncha beats and shop em to battle rappers I have connects to....or various indie guys I have connects to....or the local cats that I dig...but....I hate doing that...whenever I do that, aside from a few people, others using my production just makes me go...meh, i woulda been better on this...i'm a douche
sorry to hear that man

i like how u ended that tho lol. i picked up the mic today for the first time in years also. i been writing for others the past few weeks but today was interesting.

idk bout u but i find it fun even if nobody ever hears it
i like listening to myself lol do u?

fuck im not even good lmao especially when i sing

Last edited by averagejoe; 07-21-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #49
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
sorry to hear that man

i like how u ended that tho lol. i picked up the mic today for the first time in years also. i been writing for others the past few weeks but today was interesting.

idk bout u but i find it fun even if nobody ever hears it
i like listening to myself lol do u?
when I make a beat, the test is , do I find myself putting it on loop a few times a day and not turning it off after like 3 days? then its a keeper....this one I made last week I thought was trash and now I like it...I have a hard time judging my own shit......throughout my music "career" I've always listened to my own shit constantly as I make it...and find where I can make changes...smooth shit out...most stuff I released throughout the years had 3 or 4 versions before going out....but what always happens is...a month or whatever after I release something, I always go back and go, well fuck I coulda done this part better, I shoulda used this word here, i should dropped the drums a bar here....blahblahblah...and end up hating my own shit.....when I opened for Blueprint 6,000 years ago, I gave him a copy of the CD I had out at the time and told him I don't like it anymore and that the stuff I'm currently doing is way better, and he said "you'll never lose that feeling" so....kinda?

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #50
averagejoe

Quote:
when I make a beat, the test is , do I find myself putting it on loop a few times a day and not turning it off after like 3 days? then its a keeper....this one I made last week I thought was trash and now I like it...I have a hard time judging my own shit......throughout my music "career" I've always listened to my own shit constantly as I make it...and find where I can make changes...smooth shit out...most stuff I released throughout the years had 3 or 4 versions before going out....but what always happens is...a month or whatever after I release something, I always go back and go, well fuck I coulda done this part better, I shoulda used this word here, i should dropped the drums a bar here....blahblahblah...and end up hating my own shit.....when I opened for Blueprint 6,000 years ago, I gave him a copy of the CD I had out at the time and told him I don't like it anymore and that the stuff I'm currently doing is way better, and he said "you'll never lose that feeling" so....kinda?

yea man i listen to my shit over n over for few hours or days if its good and like at first listen i always think it sucks but the more i listen the more i think i fill the shitty parts in my head

its good u go back to it, im terrible at that. once its done its done
Old 07-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #51
The Wrist
my first name is The

i have 6 songs that I did like.....4 years ago? 2 maybe? maybe 1 I don't know......but I figured this new shit I was throwin' together could finally complete that project....but now they sound really different so I don't know....the 6 songs I did earlier are mostly me making an attempt to combine hip hop and metal without it being corny....( I was told it couldn't be done....I did it.....took me like 3 years to figure out but I did it)....and now this new stuff isn't in that vein at all...I haven't even picked up my guitar for these....just been all keyboard....but I'm running it through various guitar amp filters so.... ....I dont know what I'd call this new stuff......but....now I'm torn between throwing these into one project, or just putting out those 6 pre existing songs as an EP and using this new shit for something else...I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #52
averagejoe

Quote:
i have 6 songs that I did like.....4 years ago? 2 maybe? maybe 1 I don't know......but I figured this new shit I was throwin' together could finally complete that project....but now they sound really different so I don't know....the 6 songs I did earlier are mostly me making an attempt to combine hip hop and metal without it being corny....( I was told it couldn't be done....I did it.....took me like 3 years to figure out but I did it)....and now this new stuff isn't in that vein at all...I haven't even picked up my guitar for these....just been all keyboard....but I'm running it through various guitar amp filters so.... ....I dont know what I'd call this new stuff......but....now I'm torn between throwing these into one project, or just putting out those 6 pre existing songs as an EP and using this new shit for something else...I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!

can u spit fast? im lookin at somethin for competition :P

see who can do like watsky and twista fastest
not to prove i can either but for motivation to do it
Old 07-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #53
averagejoe

if u ever need a confident booster and wonder if ur good
just compare urself to me :P

this is after watching billy boondocks "rap rap rap"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Qr8Sl9WXrE
Old 07-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #54
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
can u spit fast? im lookin at somethin for competition :P

see who can do like watsky and twista fastest
not to prove i can either but for motivation to do it
i can in fact spit fast. though i don't really do doubletime anymore....so not that kinda fast...though i can if need be, i just hate writing that way...all my fast stuff is just single time over a fast beat....like...this for example I guess

https://soundcloud.com/the-wrist/the...blic-urination

the two joints i'm writing to now...one is like 107 BPM and one is like 78. I'm a versatile chap

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #55
averagejoe

Quote:
i can in fact spit fast. though i don't really do doubletime anymore....so not that kinda fast...though i can if need be, i just hate writing that way...all my fast stuff is just single time over a fast beat....like...this for example I guess

https://soundcloud.com/the-wrist/the...blic-urination

the two joints i'm writing to now...one is like 107 BPM and one is like 78. I'm a versatile chap
u diidnt make that beat tho right

ur sound is great man its the mix of different types of music like top 40 pretty much is now
just a variation.. kinda impressive
Old 07-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #56
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
u diidnt make that beat tho right

ur sound is great man its the mix of different types of music like top 40 pretty much is now
just a variation.. kinda impressive
thank ya

yea i made that beat. not sampled either. i played the guitar on that. did everything but the scratches....i can scratch but not that good...my boy DJ Absurd does most of the cuts on my stuff....actually everything I ever did with cuts that isn't me is him, except for my song produced by J Zone in which J Zone did said cuts

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #57
averagejoe

lmao damn that shit is so listenable ur good lol
Old 07-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #58
averagejoe

Quote:
thank ya

yea i made that beat. not sampled either. i played the guitar on that. did everything but the scratches....i can scratch but not that good...my boy DJ Absurd does most of the cuts on my stuff....actually everything I ever did with cuts that isn't me is him, except for my song produced by J Zone in which J Zone did said cuts
prob best compliment is that whole song sounds to me like something max martin could have put together...if he was a little drunk
Old 07-21-2016, 02:07 PM   #59
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
prob best compliment is that whole song sounds to me like something max martin could have put together...if he was a little drunk
i dunno who that is but he sounds swell

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #60
averagejoe

Quote:
i dunno who that is but he sounds swell
just the richest writer/producer in the world

the type who makes 10x more than the celebs he does their songs
Old 07-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #61
averagejoe

2 red bulls and a coffee

at the same time. its a workin day
Old 07-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #62
The Wrist
my first name is The

i wore a hat today

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #63
averagejoe

Quote:
i wore a hat today

dont post vague as shit like that

what kind of hat???
Old 07-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #64
averagejoe

im thinkin of dropping a teaser with one of my worst parodies tonite hmmm
@wwjjddd? tell these ppl about the audio quality so far

2 days and no1 cares :P

Last edited by averagejoe; 07-24-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:51 AM   #65
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Audio quality is bangin, y'all. Forreal it's bonkers. Really wish I could tell you more but it's top secret af
Old 07-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #66
averagejoe

tomorrow!! we hope to see all three of u i expect there lol

Last edited by averagejoe; 07-24-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #67
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
dont post vague as shit like that

what kind of hat???
i didn't wear it today and i forget the hat completely now. was a messy ending to the wearing stage

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #68
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle

low key one of the best films of the year
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #69
Ryuha

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
by classifying yourself as:

'Black', 'Negro',& 'African American'...you are
stating that your are not a competent human being
& are a stateless person with no Nationality....

^^^this is the ultimate game being played on 'Niggas'.

until 'niggas' learn this in mass...we are fucked-at
least collectively...
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #70
averagejoe

@riffic @Seanzo thank u both for showing up to my first showing and the other 4 who did it was actually really nice of u

i havnt talked about it much but im not salty about the dislikes..i took shortcuts and half assed everything and not doing that again
Old 08-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #71
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
The album Freetown Sound by Blood Orange is fucking amazing and if you're reading this go listen to it
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #72
The Wrist
my first name is The

last night I let my dumb dog sleep outside his crate because of how much I'm fucking awesome....and then at 2 AM I hear "THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP" and I'm like....WTF who's knocking at the door NOW? (I dont' have a doorbell....whatever, lets not fight about it) , then I rolled over and saw it was 2 AM and started gettin scared.....the knocking didn't stop for like 2 minutes...and no one knocking at your door at 2 AM can be leading to something awesome.....so I start half sleep panicking.......then....something,....a jingle of his chain perhaps, I dont know I was half asleep, made me think....wait, is this the stupid dog? so I yelled "LUKE!" and the noise stopped.

so, he was doing something stupid...thats all I know....I feed and clothe this fucker to my own detriment

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #73
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Massive Attack is putting a new one out. It's so eerie, hateful, and goddamn sexy all at once. All their hallmarks. And this video. Too clever. I'm hyped.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #74
The Wrist
my first name is The

yo this asshole did it again last night...but this time at 4 am....i dunno wtf he's hittin his tail on mid dream but it needs to stop...must i restrict him to his crate again? when did crate become a euphemism for dog cage by the way? things clearly a cage. what gives.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #75
The Wrist
my first name is The

i saw suicide squad last night

know what? its fine. its not great, but its fine. its not this abomination the critics are acting like it is....says me....the joker/harley/batman stuff , while brief, reminded me of the 90s animated series a lot and made me go "woa, gimmie 2 hours of this"

didn't bring my dog

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #76
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
i saw suicide squad last night

know what? its fine. its not great, but its fine. its not this abomination the critics are acting like it is....says me....the joker/harley/batman stuff , while brief, reminded me of the 90s animated series a lot and made me go "woa, gimmie 2 hours of this"

didn't bring my dog
If I just wait to download it will I regret not going to cinema to see it?
Old 08-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #77
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
If I just wait to download it will I regret not going to cinema to see it?
I mean...probably not? Just make sure the bootleg is of good quality cuz there's a lot of margo robbie's butt walkin around, and it may hurt the movie if thats blurry

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #78
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
My 1-year-old son projective vomited on me this morning. Right in the morning, getting ready to leave for daycare..

"WAAAARGH" and then there was a pause. "WAAAARGH." Second blast. At this point I'm covered in sticky puke.

I let out a Uno Lavos "...what else."

And then he puked again.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #79
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

you guys ever think of a pretty good bar that a specific battler could say and then catch yourself thinking "wtf i had no idea i was a such fire ghost writer" and then contemplate whether or not to actually reach out to said battler to share the idea with them? and then realize that said battler has several battles that you've never seen and it's highly likely that they've already spit that bar? and then you remember that you're an adult with responsibilities and you shouldn't have spent the past few minutes thinking about that? fucking caffeine, man
Old 08-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #80
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
you guys ever think of a pretty good bar that a specific battler could say and then catch yourself thinking "wtf i had no idea i was a such fire ghost writer" and then contemplate whether or not to actually reach out to said battler to share the idea with them? and then realize that said battler has several battles that you've never seen and it's highly likely that they've already spit that bar? and then you remember that you're an adult with responsibilities and you shouldn't have spent the past few minutes thinking about that? fucking caffeine, man
what bar did you think of
Prelec is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gethype, sleepisforpussies, whydididothis