Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So it's been nearly 3 months since UW high stakes...

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So it's been nearly 3 months since UW high stakes...

...And nothin happened?

Seriously, what are they planning on doing with these battles, or if I'm just undereducated on the matter, what have they done besides the ppv?

I'm aware there are bootlegs of every battle all over the interwebs, but still no official YouTube releases of even any undercard battles. UW has always been known for getting footage out quickly, and they have prided themselves on it as a matter of fact.

Seems like it's too late to try and sell the battles to anyone on iTunes or youtube or something of that nature. Maybe if they did it 10 weeks ago or something it could have generated cash flow

So, like, what the fuck, u know?
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Shit is really weird. UW going to kill its own buzz before it even gets the chance to build off it.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Its not just that they've not released the battles, it's that there's been no word from them about anything, really.

For reference, in the same time period, KOTD have had a successful FC event, at least one Canadian event, and are prepping for BOLA coming up soon. I'm not saying UW should have had an event, but they're really not capitalising on such a massive day for them.

IMO they should have released Daylyt vs Magic by now, and if Hollow/Lux is going to be monetized, it should have been by now. People just aren't going to buy the PPV at this point.
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yea I just can't understand why they haven't at least released magic vs Daylyt
Old 04-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #5
5treet5truck
Loyalty Over $$$

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
5treet5truck is not the worst person
All battles are on youtube.
This is a stupid move on their part.

All great battles that deserve a million views.
But after the delay, & the ammount of times they've been viewed probably not.

http://soundcloud.com/johndillin
5treet5truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
I guess they're trying to make sure they get every bit of revenue possible on the PPV. Total speculation, but it seems like the event might not have been able to make the returns they expected.

I think hollow said something about not getting paid the full amount he was promised, though that could be for entirely different reasons.
EchosMyron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think at this point, the people who wanted to see these battles have. It would be awesome if they went on Youtube for prosperity, but I don't think they will.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
WillyJoeBoo

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
WillyJoeBoo is a PY Poster
i would say its safe to say they didnt make their money back... lux is not worth nearly wut they paid... hes only a little more popular than dudes like hitman in reality
Old 04-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
Wanna-Be

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Wanna-Be is a PY Poster
Does this mean URL stay winning? lol good move on them for not paying Loaded Lux the money he deserved..! haha

Last edited by Wanna-Be; 04-22-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Wanna-Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
Wickedness

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wickedness has seen da-feet
UW dropped the ball with high stakes.. it had all the hype in the world.. then.. nothing really happen.. did lux vs hollow dropped? i only seen the bootlegs. KOTD is on top of the food chain in battle leagues.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
TYPE_Z
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
TYPE_Z is a PY Poster
They haven't dropped it yet because there's some disagreements about who's getting what bread.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
TYPE_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
CrackFiend
++++++++++++++++++

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
CrackFiend is a PY Poster
Stick to the bootlegs for now..

Sometimes it seems as though Battle rap fans are a bit like children. All they want to eat is candy. If u don't let them, cause u know better, they throw a tantrum. If you do let them, they get a a stomach ache and blame you.
CrackFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #13
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
...And nothin happened?

Seriously, what are they planning on doing with these battles, or if I'm just undereducated on the matter, what have they done besides the ppv?

I'm aware there are bootlegs of every battle all over the interwebs, but still no official YouTube releases of even any undercard battles. UW has always been known for getting footage out quickly, and they have prided themselves on it as a matter of fact.

Seems like it's too late to try and sell the battles to anyone on iTunes or youtube or something of that nature. Maybe if they did it 10 weeks ago or something it could have generated cash flow

So, like, what the fuck, u know?
i've been thinking about this for a while, myself. what i think happened is they mishandled their funds so now they're staying in the shadows.

from not seeing any (legitimate) youtube battles to hearing about Hollow not getting paid the 2nd half of what he's owed - it seems like something strange is going on.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
Ill Magic
Harlem Hospital Doctor

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Ill Magic is a PY Poster
Still haven't watched the bootlegs, I'm waiting. I respect UW's right to monetized money, since boots get them no cash flow.

Also the PPV recordings trash in the bootleg.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #15
dog
koira

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
dog is a PY Poster
From the Q&A thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdadonLOM View Post
they claiming the waiting for a sponsor check to put they vid as a commercial but like i said they was trying to milk that Ustream and it didnt work....still no footage
dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #16
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

@Ill Magic Monetized money eh?

This is pure speculation, but based on what hollow is saying, how those guys changed their phone numbers and haven't paid him, perhaps the league owners and the people who sponsored the event are arguing about what to do with the footage.

Edit: @dog good info
Old 04-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #17
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
I feel ya. Maybe they believe it couldn't get any better than it did.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #18
Ill Magic
Harlem Hospital Doctor

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Ill Magic is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
@Ill Magic Monetized money eh?

This is pure speculation, but based on what hollow is saying, how those guys changed their phone numbers and haven't paid him, perhaps the league owners and the people who sponsored the event are arguing about what to do with the footage.

Edit: @dog good info
Maybe Hollow was right when he said the video wouldn't be released pre-battle.

Hollow & Lux should sue Da Rebel (even tho da rebels following me on twitter) they should sue and get they cut, or Harlem hospital will be giving beds out to rebels and guys with glass eyes.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #19
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
On the day of high stakes, Arsonal said that if fans got the event trending, that a battle would be released in 48 hours. It has been three months.

I'm trying to get as many people as possible to call him out on this... please tweet him @ARSONALDAREBEL and let him know how you feel...

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:57 AM   #20
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

I'm sure it's way out of da rebel's hands at this point. He would have made good on releasing the footage.

It's on whoever wrote the checks now.