Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Dirtbag Dan's biased commentary is fucking up KOTD's integrity

Old 05-17-2016, 03:15 AM   #41
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
BRC: "What'd you think of Money Bagz vs Pass? I thought that was a dope battle, especially liked Money Bagz bar about Pasadena"

DBD: "I know right. Pasadena is actually a really great place by the way, and funny that you mention that because actually I'm doing stand up in Pasadena next weekend! Did I mention that I've been doing stand up?"
mapleleaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:19 AM   #42
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pro View Post
Not gonna happen.

Thanks for watching though.
no issue with dan but imagine laughnstalk on there sometime O.o
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:20 AM   #43
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dan is biased, but it's not ruining anything. I actually think its funny and entertaining.

If your seasoned enough you will just realize it is what it is, and keep it moving.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:22 AM   #44
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Dan is biased, but it's not ruling anything. I actually think its funny and entertaining.

If your seasoned enough you will just realize it is what it is, and keep it moving.
yeah the bias doesn't bother me that much.

FC dudes are just biased, it's how it is. They've been trained to think it's them vs the world cause of the history with NY. One of the side effects is Dan but you should all be far more worried about big names being wasted on Psycoses.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:03 AM   #45
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pro View Post
Not gonna happen.

Thanks for watching though.
dbd>>>

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #46
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Dans entertaining as fuck i dont quite get the hate. Norbes also seemed more likeable talking to chris during stream to good to see other league reps come and support events url should fly out to kotd stuff more often and visa versa

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #47
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
NY booed Scarfarce/ Geto Boys, Spice 1, NWA in their primes lol in NY..... Shit has evolved so much since them days, but of course gonna still be bias for certain coast, for obvious reasons...

From PA but you gotta peep that these fresh coast cats are only a generation or 2 away from the time that NY had a monopoly on the rap game.... And was tough as hell for other regions to come up... You know J Prince 600?
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #48
CadalackJon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CadalackJon is a PY Poster
It's all about dynamics. BRC is the man but imagine if we had two of him doing the ppv...

Dan is super biased but I'm pretty sure he acknowledges it.
CadalackJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #49
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
It's clear he just doesn't want to get offside with his buddies. He's too much about West coast instead of being impartial.

Shout out to rone as cohost to Chris. You need one of the guys to be a battler/former battler I feel. That play by play/colour commentator format works well.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:49 AM   #50
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
You need a Joe Rogan type doing these commentaries. If you get the co-sign from @Nick Vayne either you're a racist, or you're on the wrong side of the fence.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #51
TurboMikey

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TurboMikey is a PY Poster
Honestly, he only does commentary on the PPVs for KOTD. If he was judging battles it would be a problem but as long as he's entertaining I don't see his biases/opinions being a problem or ruining anything. He has openly said he's biased many times anyway so just take that part of his commentary for what it is tbh.
TurboMikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #52
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
yes,even in entertainment lol,you're trying to fool yourself to assert otherwise!

if my team gets beaten 3-0 and i act like a sore loser,thats being biased,but if i admit that they deserved to get beaten because the other team was better, then thats being impartial!

not really hard to grasp
That's the thing, there is no way to tell you got 'beaten'. There isn't any scoring and no possible objective way to say one or the other was better and won.

This is the oldest discussion ever and noone has ever been able to make a valid argument about how you can be objective in entertainment. There is no general consensus because everyone enjoys something different and has a right to do so.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #53
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dan lost all credibility when he tried to pretend passwerd didn't get FUCKIN BODIED by moneybagz

That mfer knows what he's doing too.. He saw his boy die in front of his eyes and tried to pretend it didn't happen
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #54
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
i think we all just don't like dbd

if pass gets bagged by bagz (bag^2) and dbd goes "well that was a clear 3-0 for tmb hahaha pass is shit" pass' stock drops and he's harder to get behind when they wanna book him again, but if he says "that was competitive and kinda even" it raises tmb's stock against a vet like pass and doesn't ruin pass' reputation
I don't give a shit about passwerdz stock... The crowd was chanting 3-0 ... He got bagged by a midtier

That's like jim lampley or joe rogan calling a fight close after the guy gets knocked the fuck out in the 1st round

Who you think you fooling @Dirtbag Dan

Next time your friends die in front of u just call it down the middle.. Don't ride dick like that, its not a good look when u supposed to be professional
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #55
Fader321
Misanthropic Bastard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Fader321 is not the worst person
There was actually a marked drop in dbd self promotion and self mentions in this ppv.
Keep dan hes funny.
Fader321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #56
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
In some ways i think DBD is a good host, he's a charismatic and funny guy plus he's mates with all the battlers so he can get good interviews out of them, the problem is that he usually doesn't because he can't do it without inserting himself constantly and it's pretty tedious and frustrating to watch at this point. If you listen to the dbd show it makes it worse because you're just hearing shit for like the 1000th time, at least on there Caustic and Skylar mock him for it a bit and keep it to a reasonable level. Which i think is the other issue, Chris is good but he's a bit of a pushover, you can tell sometimes he just goes along with bullshit because he can't be fucked to argue. Basically they're both good individually with their own channels but together the dynamic is off imo. It's not a big deal cause i just switch tabs during the breaks normally but they could actually make the ppvs a lot better to watch overall with some work on the parts between battles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #57
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
lmao this thread fuckin leaned me for some reason

haha Chris did get him once like-"enough with the you and Clips shit, you always talk about you and Clips" or some shit lol

I will say this-I love the team of Dan and Chris, mostly because of the juxtaposition
Chris with the HBO Sports level analysis shit and Dirtbag Dan just on some talk show funny guy
The actual knowledge that Chris supplies is why its usually straight

Dan was hired as the DBD from the DBD show BUT when they separate and do their own interviews-
That is when this shit that is being discussed ITT occurs
its the same one problem I have with the DBD Show (which i love)- Dan (along with the rest of regular DBD show cast) doesn't know shit about the current landscape of battlerap
he is still funny and enjoyable to watch but This is a problem

Last edited by Neanderthol; 05-17-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #58
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
I can take the bias, it's the spontaneous sing-talking that kills me. But gotta give him credit its been a few ppvs since I've heard it.
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #59
y100dude

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
That's the thing, there is no way to tell you got 'beaten'. There isn't any scoring and no possible objective way to say one or the other was better and won.

This is the oldest discussion ever and noone has ever been able to make a valid argument about how you can be objective in entertainment. There is no general consensus because everyone enjoys something different and has a right to do so.
Do you really not think there is anything objective about someone's talent or ability? Like Hollow is not objectively a better battler than (insert name here) ? There are quintessential skills a battler needs and we can determine their value based on if they have those skills and how proficient in those skills they are. Not everything is about how much someone personally enjoyed something - battle rap has certain skills that will make you a better battler overall, and if you work at those skills you can improve and be better. This is the most modern age 'everyone is great' bullshit I've ever seen....
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #60
y100dude

Quote:

And again - something does not need to be 'general consensus' to be RIGHT. I can definitely say Hollow is a better battler than Real Deal (sorry RD) and I don't think that is an opinion. It's based on their abilities as a battle rapper. If you think RD is a better battler than Hollow, it doesn't mean you are right just because it is your opinion. Someone's opinion can be blatantly wrong.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #61
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Do you really not think there is anything objective about someone's talent or ability? Like Hollow is not objectively a better battler than (insert name here) ? There are quintessential skills a battler needs and we can determine their value based on if they have those skills and how proficient in those skills they are. Not everything is about how much someone personally enjoyed something - battle rap has certain skills that will make you a better battler overall, and if you work at those skills you can improve and be better. This is the most modern age 'everyone is great' bullshit I've ever seen....
yeah for real.

like if you show up to a battle like this:

you objectively lose.

Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #62
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
yeah for real.

you objectively lose.

Who is that girl on the right?

However, Nick Vayne gotta be happy the US is finally settling the shit about his kind using the bathrooms here!
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:18 PM   #63
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

yeah you just seem like a retard,ofcourse theres a way to tell who got beaten lmao.

you gonna tell me theres an argument for bangz not losing to DNA lol?foh

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #64
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
yeah for real.

you objectively lose.

loooool

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #65
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
yeah for real.

you objectively lose.

Nick vayne solidifies his spot as the worst once again
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:09 PM   #66
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I know what you're saying, but we all impulsively react to entertainment stimuli uniquely, it's not something you can quantify. You have your criteria what constitutes as fun, I have mine. Now you could prove that Hollow is more technically refined than Real Deal by comparing the amount of syllables and length of words they made rhymes with. You could also prove that Hollow raps more rhythmically or more frantically by measuring tempo. But if someone finds Real Deal more pleasurable to watch than Hollow (pause), just accept they're wired differently, and avoid discussing battle-rap with them.

And I'm certainly not gonna torture myself with DNA/Bangz battle to see if the battle's debatable. I love myself too much to expose myself to that.

Last edited by My Kall; 05-17-2016 at 06:12 PM.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #67
y100dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
I know what you're saying, but we all impulsively react to entertainment stimuli uniquely, it's not something you can quantify. You have your criteria what constitutes as fun, I have mine. Now you could prove that Hollow is more technically refined than Real Deal by comparing the amount of syllables and length of words they made rhymes with. You could also prove that Hollow raps more rhythmically or more frantically by measuring tempo. But if someone finds Real Deal more pleasurable to watch than Hollow (pause), just accept they're wired differently, and avoid discussing battle-rap with them.

And I'm certainly not gonna torture myself with DNA/Bangz battle to see if the battle's debatable. I love myself too much to expose myself to that.
I'm not talking about peoples personal enjoyment - I'm talking about who is better. I think we are able to judge that off of their skill sets and past performances.. I definitely understand it gets murky and maybe my example wasn't the best - but if you were to tell me Carter Deems/Bangz/Battle Rap Chris is better than Hollow I would tell you you are 100% wrong and that is not an opinion. Just because someone enjoys watching a Carter Deems/Bangz/Battle Rap Chris battle more than a Hollow battle does not make them a better battle rapper.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #68
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
i think dan and chris do a great job.. its not easy to keep people entertained mayen..

i can see fools trippin off the bias, but no matter who you get, they gonna have they own tastes etc.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #69
TheFinalWord

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
TheFinalWord is not the worst person
The PPV has evolved as has the need for solid commentary, back when (last year, past 2 years?) this type of coverage had started it was nice to have anything that contributed. He HAS to step his game up and provide unbiased commentary. It can still be 'colourful' as BRC is forever the 'straight' man but fucking keep your personal opinions to a minimum and certainly don't pump your own tire so much.

I love the DBD show and his continuous direction of the conversations to himself is acceptable as its like a repeating gag on a sitcom but this is not the DBD show.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #70
TheFinalWord

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
TheFinalWord is not the worst person
BIas is not OK.

Not everything is for 'seasoned' fans
Old 05-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #71
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
I'm sure everyone in the thread will disagree with me but Dan's got a cool personality and I think he's not perfect but he's clearly built for this play by play shit. Battle Rap Chris is cool, but IMO is just too plain. Not a bad dude by any stretch, but I just don't think the dude can make someone interested in a subject by the way he talks. No real issues or complaints with the dude otherwise.

That being said, a Fresh Coast dude is siding with his buddy lol.... let's not pretend this doesn't happen in other areas. I'm sure if you ask Arsonal who he thinks won in a battle between a guy from Jersey and a guy from some place else... he's going to pick Jersey. Call it out for bias if you think so, but I don't think Dan "seriously damaged KOTD's reputation" here lol.

It seems like any time KOTD does one small thing, we get people in here saying "KOTD is now finished" or "it's over" despite the fact that the event was solid.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #72
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
idk. dirtbag is cool. im sure its not easy killing hours talking shit into a camera away from all the festivities. not many people can pull something like that off and still be entertaining. the chris and dan team is a good balance.
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #73
y100dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
That being said, a Fresh Coast dude is siding with his buddy lol.... let's not pretend this doesn't happen in other areas. I'm sure if you ask Arsonal who he thinks won in a battle between a guy from Jersey and a guy from some place else... he's going to pick Jersey. Call it out for bias if you think so, but I don't think Dan "seriously damaged KOTD's reputation" here lol.

There are people in battle rap that will shoot straight... there are people capable of honest analysis. You shouldn't give it a pass just because a lot of people do it. It's one of the most annoying things in battle rap imo along with a lot of battlers not being able to admit they lost or had an underwhelming/bad performance.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:06 PM   #74
CBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
There are people in battle rap that will shoot straight... there are people capable of honest analysis. You shouldn't give it a pass just because a lot of people do it. It's one of the most annoying things in battle rap imo along with a lot of battlers not being able to admit they lost or had an underwhelming/bad performance.
I hear yah, some of these dudes don't work jobs and do this shit for a living though, so in that sense if you trash you buddy, it could potentially fuck up their next pay check, even if there's some validity. I don't think it really makes sense to take this shit too seriously though. Was DBD wrong on all of the battles that night? Or did he just give Pass more credit than he deserved?
Old 05-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #75
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I'm sure everyone in the thread will disagree with me but Dan's got a cool personality and I think he's not perfect but he's clearly built for this play by play shit. Battle Rap Chris is cool, but IMO is just too plain. Not a bad dude by any stretch, but I just don't think the dude can make someone interested in a subject by the way he talks. No real issues or complaints with the dude otherwise.

It seems like any time KOTD does one small thing, we get people in here saying "KOTD is now finished" or "it's over" despite the fact that the event was solid.
Ftr, as I've said several times, I think Dan is a talented dude, and kotd isn't anywhere near over, but I like to make sensationalistic headlines because it's more fun for discussion. I'm like buzzfeed for rmbva. But Dan is a complete homer, and to the level that he does it, I don't think I'm exaggerating. Arsonal might lie or say ignorant things when it comes to surf or suge, but I don't think he'd say the same shit for ah di boom or lotta zay. In fact, I can't think of one rapper from the Midwest or east coast that is as biased as dan for their entire region. A lot of these battle rappers are friends, especially ones that do live in the same region or coast, and I've never seen any examples of circle jerking to the degree that the *fresh coast does it. You're more than welcome to provide examples tho.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:42 AM   #76
CBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Ftr, as I've said several times, I think Dan is a talented dude, and kotd isn't anywhere near over, but I like to make sensationalistic headlines because it's more fun for discussion. I'm like buzzfeed for rmbva. But Dan is a complete homer, and to the level that he does it, I don't think I'm exaggerating. Arsonal might lie or say ignorant things when it comes to surf or suge, but I don't think he'd say the same shit for ah di boom or lotta zay. In fact, I can't think of one rapper from the Midwest or east coast that is as biased as dan for their entire region. A lot of these battle rappers are friends, especially ones that do live in the same region or coast, and I've never seen any examples of circle jerking to the degree that the *fresh coast does it. You're more than welcome to provide examples tho.
I think the idea is, Dan has known this dude for like a decade, seen him battle probably way more times then you and I are aware, so as a sign of respect he's not going to say "yeah dude got destroyed"... Pass is a long time big name from the Fresh Coast, it's not like he was defending Rheteric or something. Plus Pass isn't as big of a name as say, Pat Stay, but he's definitely a guy that KotD has invested in so they probably don't want to make the guy look like a bum at the same time, as they will probably book him in the future lol.

I'm not really in the mood to go back and find videos of battle rappers talking about how their boys got destroyed in battles, and to be honest I can't imagine there's many videos like that out there. Was Dan riding for the team entirely way too hard though? Yeah lol, but let's be honest, most dudes do this shit.

Best way I can put it is like this, you know how the WWF/WWE says each year that Wrestlemania will be the "biggest Wrestlemania ever?" he pulled a move like that lol. Not saying it's not worth criticizing, but at the same time, no point in over criticizing it either.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:40 AM   #77
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I think the idea is, Dan has known this dude for like a decade, seen him battle probably way more times then you and I are aware, so as a sign of respect he's not going to say "yeah dude got destroyed"... Pass is a long time big name from the Fresh Coast, it's not like he was defending Rheteric or something. Plus Pass isn't as big of a name as say, Pat Stay, but he's definitely a guy that KotD has invested in so they probably don't want to make the guy look like a bum at the same time, as they will probably book him in the future lol.

I'm not really in the mood to go back and find videos of battle rappers talking about how their boys got destroyed in battles, and to be honest I can't imagine there's many videos like that out there. Was Dan riding for the team entirely way too hard though? Yeah lol, but let's be honest, most dudes do this shit.

Best way I can put it is like this, you know how the WWF/WWE says each year that Wrestlemania will be the "biggest Wrestlemania ever?" he pulled a move like that lol. Not saying it's not worth criticizing, but at the same time, no point in over criticizing it either.

6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:07 AM   #78
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
of course he's biased. i think its more about how all the fresh coast guys wanna suck pass's dick because he's the "realest black rapper" they know. cuz tbh i never really got it. dudes ok, but the fresh coast guys volley for him like he fucking invented battle rap or some shit.
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #79
Slug2003

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Slug2003 is a PY Poster
BRC and DBD are the Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan of battle rap.
Slug2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #80
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawlin View Post
Rone was the best host. Dbd is whatever, I agree he just inserts himself too much. Hopefully he takes the criticism and improves. Brc is legit.
Rone is awesome with anything related to interviews, press conferences, etc. He's smart, witty, sincere, and asks great questions

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backpack