Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
Real Deal/Fresco vs Star Almighty and Phranchyze

Old 08-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Real Deal/Fresco vs Star Almighty and Phranchyze

Originally watched this just for Fresco/Real Deal, but SA and Phranchyze were surprisingly good for being two names I've never heard of. Who got it IYO?

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
God Damnit, how to I make something say "battle" with the blue?

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 08-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Went in for the same reason you did, came out very impressed by star almighty and phranchyze. I think I'll give them the nod.

At the same event, DBD and Soul Khan got absolutely crushed by ATM and Carter Deems.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
God Damnit, how to I make something say "battle" with the blue?
Currently only mods can do that
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Dead @ 12:50

Old 08-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I used to watch this a lot, Grizzle 2 was so glorious. Fresco and Real Deal deserved to win, the judges probably thought allowing the underdogs to win just made for a better story. And GT was notorious for letting people, that were drunk/high, having half watched the battle, judge a result, hence why there were so many robberies.

It would've been cool if Phranchyze never retired, he's definitely an example of unfulfilled potential.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #7
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
prob one of SA's best battles, i've always liked phran...he was one of the better rappers that came out of the wrc's...i'd give it to them
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
I used to watch this a lot, Grizzle 2 was so glorious. Fresco and Real Deal deserved to win, the judges probably thought allowing the underdogs to win just made for a better story. And GT was notorious for letting people, that were drunk/high, having half watched the battle, judge a result, hence why there were so many robberies.

It would've been cool if Phranchyze never retired, he's definitely an example of unfulfilled potential.
Dude retired? I wonder if he'll ever battle on KOTD or I Battle or something. Def unfulfilled potential... Star was OK.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
"You guys battled the only team suffering from starvation... and Star ate him"
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #10
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
i remember wanting to see real/fresco vs madness/jonny storm...was annoyed that they won..made the rounds after suck a bit more.

Zilli was also phranz partner in the wrc's incase you arent catching the reference's in the 3rd...phran did kill the 3rd.

Last edited by AdarOne; 08-02-2013 at 01:40 AM.
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #11
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Star and Phran pulled the upset here no question. Seriously didn't expect them to do that well.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #12
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
NickkaJ is a PY Poster
Being the fact that the GAY JOKES about fresco were funnny back than lol i could see why they gave it to Star Phranch. However i thought the video game scheme between RD and Fresco sealed the deal imo

I don't respond to quotes
NickkaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #13
DNA's Missing Tooth

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
DNA's Missing Tooth is a PY Poster
Phranchyze was really good in this battle. Star was alright, but Phranchyze made this battle close. I really like Real Deal and Fresco, so I may be biased, but I think they edged it, but just slightly.

Heineken Lager/Vitamin water multi was niceeee
DNA's Missing Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #14
Coolstoryhoe

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Coolstoryhoe probably likes in here/hair word play
i loooove this battle. deffinately a classic, thought phranchyse and star took it tbh.
Coolstoryhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #15
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Kap man legendary rap man wasn't a rap fan, does he still rap?

Yea, this battle is still hella funny to me, years later. Honestly, star and phranchyse ran away with it after he first round

Real deal's "they got the reading level of a second grader" still makes me lol

"Ratchet and clank" and all their other gunbars are so bad tho. It's not just because they don't have that type of image, it's because it's just a bad line. Like, worse than Hitman Holla reloading fired bulletz bad.. Like, even if Rex said that "ratchet and clank" line, it would still be horrible. Tf is "clank" anyway? Is it supposed to be the sound a gun makes or something? Idk. Phranchyse' "what type of gun shoots like this?" and his "wtf was that!?" lines zipped it up

Last edited by 6000GP; 08-02-2013 at 02:42 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #16
NickkaJ
I'm Technical

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
NickkaJ is a PY Poster
@6000GP after the first really.. idk

I don't respond to quotes
NickkaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #17
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickkaJ View Post
@6000GP after the first really.. idk
Idk man, for me it seemed that way

Classic battle tho, all the way around

*edit

Clearly, real deal and fresco are better battlers, but idk, they might've slept on them a bit or something

I feel the third round is not debatable, and the 2nd was close maybe, but I feel like st / fr had momentum on their side... It might've helped them having their 2nd rnd afterward, but that was the impression I had

Last edited by 6000GP; 08-02-2013 at 03:01 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #18
LP..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
LP.. is a PY Poster
I remember watching this like a year and a half ago, Sonny Bamboo killed me with that shit
LP.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #19
Jack McCrack

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Jack McCrack is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
Went in for the same reason you did, came out very impressed by star almighty and phranchyze. I think I'll give them the nod.

At the same event, DBD and Soul Khan got absolutely crushed by ATM and Carter Deems.
haha yo that ATM & Carter Deems performance is one of my favorite 2 v 2s of all time. Those guys are funny af and make a great team. If KOTD did another 2v2 grand prix itd be cool to see them give it a shot
Old 08-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #20
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
"His fat stepmom thought I was Zac Efron"
Franklin Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Watched this only for Fresco and Star
Nick Vayne is online now   Reply With Quote