Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Isaac Know vs. Copasetic. The best terrible battle of all time?

View Poll Results: What won?
The devil 2 33.33%
Jesus 0 0%
Community theater 2 33.33%
Whiteness 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Isaac Know vs. Copasetic. The best terrible battle of all time?

Riffic put us onto this, so shout out to him. An awesomely terrible battle. Chokes (Bizarrely not from either of the rappers), awkward fist bumps, Jesus and the devil making cameos, and some community theater style rapping. How could you not love this shitshow?!?
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 08-03-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
issac knox is top 7 DOA
Old 08-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Thanks for the picture copasetic but this was one of your worst performances bro which is an acheivement in a way
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Isaac knox is way too good for gz level battlers
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
Isaac Knox
VIP

Isaac Knox is not the worst person
Isaac Know is what I'd change my name to if EK 3-0'd me.
Isaac Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Copasetic's 2nd round....
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
battles like this should just not be released honestly.

they do nothing to push the culture forward and then they are somehow the ones that end up on reddit and reaffirm the mass opinion that the whole thing is a joke.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica

Isaac actually had a fantastic performance here, and his second was one of the highlights of the event, but as suspected, it looks like that's being overshadowed by what Cope did. I actually think the antic could have worked had it been executed and prepared better, but as it stands, it's pretty profoundly awkward (as is no doubt a feather in the cap of the trashfire god). Cope is actually one of my favourite performers and I love that he constantly takes risks with his material, but this one just didn't land for him.

Issac vs. Chedda and Cope vs. Danny for the trashfire chain plz
Old 08-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Really illipsis? Chedda is fucking incredible and unique. You must not have watched many of his battles bro..
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:45 PM   #10
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
they are somehow the ones that end up on reddit and reaffirm the mass opinion that the whole thing is a joke.
isn't it though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:00 PM   #11
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
@Isaac Knox man you guys are too white privileged to be battling. This shit doesn't fit you guys. I mean you guys are even whiter than me and I'm almost white as it gets. It's too nerdy or corny. You'd have to be bout that life it's more than the joy you get from battling.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #12
EchosMyron

EchosMyron is not the worst person
Why hasn't Issac Knox been given some decent KOTD looks? He's easily better than a lot of other dudes they've pushed in the past.

Does he just live somewhere weird and its hard to get him out?
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #13
Isaac Knox
VIP

Isaac Knox is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
@Isaac Knox man you guys are too white privileged to be battling. This shit doesn't fit you guys. I mean you guys are even whiter than me and I'm almost white as it gets. It's too nerdy or corny. You'd have to be bout that life it's more than the joy you get from battling.
It sounds like you have a very limited idea of what & why battle rap is.

Also... I'll never deny that all white Americans benefit from an unfair privilege, but no one can ever truthfully say that I haven't worked for everything I've gotten, denied privileges where I could, and actively combat social injustices when I can. I may have an undeserved & unrequested white privilege, but I use it for more than myself. Anyway, if my rap battles aren't what you're looking for, there's thousands of others that might be worth your time & commentary.
Isaac Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #14
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
isn't it though?
a lot of us (admittedly including myself in this "us") like to downplay the seriousness of battle rap in attempt to not seem ridiculous to others, but it's kinda hard to watch every match under the guise of battle rap being a "joke." there are plenty of battlers who add artistic credibility to the scene. not as much as there should be, but enough.

i feel bad for isaac getting wrapped up in this tbh. seems like a solid dude.

Last edited by peace; 08-04-2016 at 12:41 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:26 AM   #15
MrFujiwara
VIP

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
MrFujiwara is not the worst person
Copasetics 3rd might have possibly been worse than his 2nd.
MrFujiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:34 AM   #16
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
Why hasn't Issac Knox been given some decent KOTD looks? He's easily better than a lot of other dudes they've pushed in the past.

Does he just live somewhere weird and its hard to get him out?
it seems like they stopped fucking w/ him after his topr battle. he'd be perfect at the bunker tbh, but they would probably give him someone like esem
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:38 AM   #17
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
it seems like they stopped fucking w/ him after his topr battle. he'd be perfect at the bunker tbh, but they would probably give him someone like esem
I get what you're saying, but I would totally watch Esem vs. Isaac...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #18
west coast style

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
west coast style is not the worst person
Never seen a Copasetic battle before... and I probably won't ever again.

Knox 3-0
west coast style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #19
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I get what you're saying, but I would totally watch Esem vs. Isaac...
Yeah that sounds pretty great
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #20
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
This is copasetic

Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #21
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Isaac is actually really dope here, but this copacetic guy is exactly the type of dude that people who don't watch kotd probably imagine when they think of kotd rappers and kotd fans. Probably should've vaulted this one as it reflects really poorly on Canada and kotd.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #22
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Copasetic is the lead singer of They Might Be Giants

i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 08-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #23
WhatBombs
********* /r/RapBattles

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WhatBombs is a PY Poster
Golly gee, I'll just have to try harder next time fellas!

See ya later Alligators!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:00 PM   #24
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatBombs View Post
Golly gee, I'll just have to try harder next time fellas!

See ya later Alligators!
Probably try less tbh
Quote:
Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #25
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
As bad as Brian from the Breakfast Club was here, I do appreciate what he does for the culture behind the scenes. Everyone check out his website he shouts out at the start of the battle: reddit.com/r/Bootlegrapbattles. Clutch!
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #26
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Knox View Post
It sounds like you have a very limited idea of what & why battle rap is.

Also... I'll never deny that all white Americans benefit from an unfair privilege, but no one can ever truthfully say that I haven't worked for everything I've gotten, denied privileges where I could, and actively combat social injustices when I can. I may have an undeserved & unrequested white privilege, but I use it for more than myself. Anyway, if my rap battles aren't what you're looking for, there's thousands of others that might be worth your time & commentary.
It's more than just that. It's just the whole image that you want to work. People love rap but at some point gotta get tired of defending it. You don't even use the words: Shit Fuck Cunt Dick Pussy Mother Fucker Asshole or nothing. I want to hear rappers get disrespectful. Your verse doesn't have to be Rated G my G.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #27
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
i really want to not marathon this guy's videos but i have to now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Isaac is actually really dope here, but this copacetic guy is exactly the type of dude that people who don't watch kotd probably imagine when they think of kotd rappers and kotd fans. Probably should've vaulted this one as it reflects really poorly on Canada and kotd.
yea as much as i enjoyed watching Copaseptic (<-- body bag name flip bruv) shit the bed, i feel pretty bad for Isaac. He did pretty damn good. srsly though, has any of dude's opponents called him Copaseptic? i've not seen any of his other battles. maybe one. it's such an obvious name flip and yet i'm really feeling myself for thinking of it.

needless to say, @I am LIL ILL slaughtered in this thread
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #28
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
LOL "Copaseptic". I'm fire
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote