Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Pat Stay: "I kinda did it (lost) on purpose."

Old 08-25-2015, 05:08 AM   #41
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
It's not about every title holder, it's about how they realize the title is getting stale and can't bring in more outside interest (Americans) so they give the shot to a prestigious American to make KOTD look good, then once they get that little bump, they send in Arcane (the Canadian jobber who is consistent enough that people can get behind) to take it in an "upset", and then he can give it away to the next Canadian champ in line. He plays the heel role and no one cares when he loses which only makes the next guy look even better.

KOTD then looks like their title is equal opportunity (they might throw a couple black guys in as potential challengers, but they won't let them win it) all the while using the title to re-enforce Canadian nationalism, without making their own Canadian talent look bad by taking a loss to a lower tier Canadian because look what happened with Sketch and how little people cared after he beat Bender. That's why Charron wasn't allowed to beat Pat Stay but they would give it to him if he battled Arcane for the title.

I know breaking kayfabe isn't allowed on this forum, so I'll stop before I end up getting banned.

You're a fuckin idiot and a known loser...you and your weird Arcane agenda should off yourselves!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 AM   #42
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
It's not about every title holder, it's about how they realize the title is getting stale and can't bring in more outside interest (Americans) so they give the shot to a prestigious American to make KOTD look good, then once they get that little bump, they send in Arcane (the Canadian jobber who is consistent enough that people can get behind) to take it in an "upset", and then he can give it away to the next Canadian champ in line. He plays the heel role and no one cares when he loses which only makes the next guy look even better.

KOTD then looks like their title is equal opportunity (they might throw a couple black guys in as potential challengers, but they won't let them win it) all the while using the title to re-enforce Canadian nationalism, without making their own Canadian talent look bad by taking a loss to a lower tier Canadian because look what happened with Sketch and how little people cared after he beat Bender. That's why Charron wasn't allowed to beat Pat Stay but they would give it to him if he battled Arcane for the title.

I know breaking kayfabe isn't allowed on this forum, so I'll stop before I end up getting banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
You're a fuckin idiot and a known loser...you and your weird Arcane agenda should off yourselves!!!
Idk that was pretty on point.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:27 AM   #43
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pat stay is an emo faggot and his size does not match his heart at all , that is all.
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #44
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekotdchain View Post
Well... I'm sure theres some relevance to it in terms of how decisions are arrived at and such... but I certainly don't think it's an elaborate pre-planned chain of events or anything. That would be a bit excessive.

I know Organik talks sometimes like he wants to arrange the best matches, protect the Canadian brand and all that at the same time... I definitely see where he sees himself as a bit of a Dana White or something. I just don't think he's taking things to THAT level
I don't seriously believed it's all preplanned, but certain things are most certainly planned to tip situations towards particular outcomes.

Just look at Organik interfering in stopping Hollohan getting on stage because Pat says so. The guy who just did a round talking about how he'd never start a fight over some battle. They've also refused to allow title matches to happen outside of Toronto.

Or how about how after Arcane gets caught cheating his way to a title match KOTD does nothing to punish Arcane or really even address the situation. They just hoped it would all blow over and then sweep it under the rug.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 AM   #45
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I don't seriously believed it's all preplanned, but certain things are most certainly planned to tip situations towards particular outcomes.

Just look at Organik interfering in stopping Hollohan getting on stage because Pat says so. The guy who just did a round talking about how he'd never start a fight over some battle. They've also refused to allow title matches to happen outside of Toronto.

Or how about how after Arcane gets caught cheating his way to a title match KOTD does nothing to punish Arcane or really even address the situation. They just hoped it would all blow over and then sweep it under the rug.
Its funny too. Losing the title to Pat actually gained Arcane some sympathy. Then they gave him a DNA that freestyled for a round and a half and a Cortez who rapped about Arcane for maybe one out of 3 rounds.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #46
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

...and after all that time and money invested into Arcane he's still bootleggin your shit. lmfao

Old 08-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #47
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
FOH. He was trying hard in those 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Take the L, Patrick. You can't beat top tier Americans, even in your own country. Stick to bodying Charrons and Arcanes.

What excuse is he gonna have when Hollow bodies him?
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #48
Z-Tay
Banned

Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:

that means
Illmaculate will lose the title to Arcane
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #49
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
trying hard to lose, going light, throwing the match, etc. = illmac is difficult to write for, a legitimate threat, and he came up short

pat said it himself, what do i say? he's short. illmac is tough to find angles for. charron isn't.

pat on twitter beforehand = I WILL ALWAYS THE CHAMP BLAH BLAH

sucks, wish he woulda came harder. glad greg did it though, well deserved

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #50
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
watching the battle on the PPV, i feel like the whole atmosphere makes you feel like everybody had already accepted that Illmac would win the battle before it even started, including Pat. you obviously can't win a battle if you don't even believe you will.

that being said i do think he still kinda tried, but most importantly, Pat's best performance wouldn't have beat Illmac here and this wasn't even close to one of Illmac's best performances either. whatever, glad Illmac got the chain and i'm hoping for some good matchups to come out of this (Rone, Saurus, Diz, Ars,...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #51
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
why is he doing an interview, shouldnt he be having sex
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #52
CadalackJon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CadalackJon is a PY Poster
What a sissy pants, this is pretty much cringe to watch a guy pretending not to care he lost.

Even worse that bit when he's telling people off for banging walls. Give it up Patty.
CadalackJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #53
knuklo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
knuklo is not the worst person
At least he can have sex with women. Everyone knows you can't prepare for a rap battle and have a girlfriend at the same time.
knuklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #54
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
watching the battle on the PPV, i feel like the whole atmosphere makes you feel like everybody had already accepted that Illmac would win the battle before it even started, including Pat. you obviously can't win a battle if you don't even believe you will.

that being said i do think he still kinda tried, but most importantly, Pat's best performance wouldn't have beat Illmac here and this wasn't even close to one of Illmac's best performances either. whatever, glad Illmac got the chain and i'm hoping for some good matchups to come out of this (Rone, Saurus, Diz, Ars,...)
Agree with everything you wrote!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Old 08-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #55
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
dont blame pat for not wanting the chain what has he got from iit? a battle with charoon and arcane? shiiit
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #56
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
dont blame pat for not wanting the chain what has he got from iit? a battle with charoon and arcane? shiiit
He got to handpick a battle with Diz, Day, choose if and when he would battle Charron, and Calicoe is the first time the champ has ever been allowed to take a non-title match in KOTD. I don't know if he chose the Illmac battle, but Pat has basically been the only champ that got to handpick his opponents.

Don't know why people keep acting like poor Patty has been forced to take all these battles he didn't want.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:17 PM   #57
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Quote:
He got to handpick a battle with Diz, Day, choose if and when he would battle Charron, and Calicoe is the first time the champ has ever been allowed to take a non-title match in KOTD. I don't know if he chose the Illmac battle, but Pat has basically been the only champ that got to handpick his opponents.

Don't know why people keep acting like poor Patty has been forced to take all these battles he didn't want.
wouldnt say he handpicked diz, diz said he would only battle him if it was for the chain, you're right about cal but to be fair pat had that chain for a long time has anyone else had it for the time frame he had? only make sense he got to battle without it being on the line.
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #58
GMajor

GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I don't think anyone's doing that (itt).
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #59
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Agree with everything you wrote!!!
Bojangles concurrin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #60
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't get how he acts like the chain stops him from battling bigger names that he wants.

He got to battle calico.

Sounds like he knew he would lose so he acted like he wanted to, to save face.

"I could have beat illmac if I wanted to" that's hella easy to say after you get smoked.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #61
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
why is he doing an interview, shouldnt he be having sex
bragging about having sex is like bragging about breathing.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #62
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
...and after all that time and money invested into Arcane he's still bootleggin your shit. lmfao

Man who cares about that shit. More importantly KOTD investment and employee Arcane has been caught stealing from KOTD...AGAIN!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #63
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Quote:
Man who cares about that shit. More importantly KOTD investment and employee Arcane has been caught stealing from KOTD...AGAIN!
Didn't Arcane steal from you too smh???
Old 08-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #64
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Didn't Arcane steal from you too smh???
Arcane steals from the people that sacrifice to help him. This isn't news. He won't deebo you like a man. He'll just take advantage and make a whole bunch of lies to discredit you and protect himself.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #65
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

How can you expect the fans not to bootleg your shit if you're just turning a blind eye to someone you've dumped thousands of dollars into doing the exact same thing? smh
Old 08-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #66
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
wouldnt say he handpicked diz, diz said he would only battle him if it was for the chain, you're right about cal but to be fair pat had that chain for a long time has anyone else had it for the time frame he had? only make sense he got to battle without it being on the line.
Pat was the one who called out Diz originally for WD4, but according to Dizaster, Diz, Pat, and KOTD had already discussed making the match even bigger by making it for the chain (and this was before Pat is even set to battle Arcane for the chain, coincidence?). Pat called out Diz publicly so the fans put pressure on Diz and he could battle him without having to go through Arcane and win the chain since he didn't want it (a stance he's always had, not just now) because he felt it could stop him from getting the matches he wanted.

You don't remember all the fans getting upset that Dizaster was getting another shot so soon and that Charron wasn't the one getting that match after his battle with DNA? Charron was the number one contender in the fans eyes and Pat publicly said he refused to battle Charron at that time.

Pat didn't want the Day battle to be for the chain either. He just wasn't against it being for the chain. He wanted that as his first battle in the US so he didn't even think to put it on the line when he first called out Day.

Calicoe had never battled in KOTD, so they couldn't even do the whole thing fast tracking him to top contender so Pat could have the battle he wanted and KOTD could get their title match. KOTD had to make it a one-off and figure out a title shot for WD5.

The only battle that Pat didn't seem to have much choice with was the Charron battle and no other champ would have gotten the chance to just threaten to vacate the title and have KOTD fold to his demands. Otherwise, KOTD gave Pat every battle he asked for to keep him happy so he holds on to the chain.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #67
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Can you imagine people investing thousands into you and doing everything they can to protect your rep after your outted for being a fraud? Then you announce that you can't come to their event cause you're too busy making money. Then you go over to the website that your company hates to watch stolen footage cause youre too cheap to cough up $30 bucks? Typical Arcane IMO.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #68
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Quote:

I can even read that it's too small what does it say?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #69
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I can even read that it's too small what does it say?
Just click on it bro. It says he didn't go to WD because it wasn't worth using any of his sick days at work for so he went and watched a stream of the title match on OTBVA. I'm not going to reveal my bootleg sources but im also not a KOTD employee. Right now Arcane owes KOTD $5030. lmfao
Old 08-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #70
hawaiiand
Media

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Illmac's response:

hawaiiand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #71
GMajor

GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiand View Post
Hahaha "I have sex with women" lol. Well played Gregster.
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:35 AM   #72
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMajor View Post
Hahaha "I have sex with women" lol. Well played Gregster.
I was cracking up at that too.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:29 AM   #73
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
lmfao

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #74
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Concept of Arcane as a jobber (in wrestling parlance) is far too spot-on to be ignored.

Mad decent references here. You are onto something
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote