Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
How do YOU judge battles ???

Old 09-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
How do YOU judge battles ???

This shit is so subjective, so there isn't an obvious, or right way to judge battles.

Some people go by:

-Who had the best bars
-who rapped better
-who had the biggest haymakers
-who commanded the crowd better
-who was more memorable
-who was more entertaining
-who was more consistent
-a combo of all these things
-ect.

Also, a lot of people judge round by round. Others might have a note pad with a weird flawed pointless scoring system. And some just go for over all feel.

So again, how do you judge battles? Also, what do you think is the worst way to judge battles is?
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
if i like u more i think u won the battle for any dumbass reason i randomly think up
Old 09-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Whoever has entertained me the most, usually includes some good rapping, bars and humour.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #4
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Oh lawd

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #5
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
I dont know if its just me but i dont judge all battles the same because not every battle is the same. sometimes its round by round, or if 1 round outshines the rest of the battle thats enough imo

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
I dont know if its just me but i dont judge all battles the same because not every battle is the same. sometimes its round by round, or if 1 round outshines the rest of the battle thats enough imo
I hear that. I'm kinda similar. I judge differently depending on the battle.

Also I usually don't base it off of round by round. For a recent example, in the tayroc vs brizz battle I thought brizz bearly edged the last two, but thought tayroc bodied the first. So I gave it to roc. I usually just go with the overall feel.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i don't really have an objective method to judge a battle. i choose the winner by who left more of an impression. it's a very vague way of putting it because in different matches you have to serve different purposes. so i can't pick a winner simply because he was more technically able or by who i simply enjoyed more.

i still pick winners to the battles i watch, but lately i've been caring more about whether a rapper impresses me.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #8
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I hear that. I'm kinda similar. I judge differently depending on the battle.

Also I usually don't base it off of round by round. For a recent example, in the tayroc vs brizz battle I thought brizz bearly edged the last two, but thought tayroc bodied the first. So I gave it to roc. I usually just go with the overall feel.
i feel you sometimes you need to judge it round by round tho like with hollow vs lux
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #9
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Haymakers, performance and who rapped better

This is why Tay roc and bigg k are close to unbeatable

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #10
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
If I showed a girl I was seeing, who would she thought have won?

As in which of the two is flat out more entertaining.

Nevermind the inside knowledge.
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #11
Pj13

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Pj13 is a PY Poster
performance/delivery/content/structure/haymakers

the whole thing......hence why lux #1
Pj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
with ma dick

Sent from my iPhone using yo bitch wifi SUCKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:21 AM   #13
David Deas

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
David Deas is a PY Poster
Battle rap used to be a face to face rapping contest between two rappers used to determine who the better rapper was.

Don't know what it is now. These days you can clearly be the better rapper and still lose according to the fans.
David Deas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #14
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Yeah I judge it different for each battle, like if both guys are more or less on level with each other in terms of flow/delivery, then I'd just go for whoever had the better lines or moments. If one guy is a much better rapper (and has good bars) then there isn't much chance for the other guy to beat them, even if they have good or slightly better bars. Plus it takes away from a punchline for me if the set-up's are shit, which is why it would of taken 3 full round chokes for me to think Charoon beat B magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBetz of NoCoast View Post
If I showed a girl I was seeing, who would she thought have won?

As in which of the two is flat out more entertaining.

Nevermind the inside knowledge.
Lol that just means you're judging battles based on what someone who knows nothing about battles would think. (unless you only go out with #seasoned fans)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #15
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
the only way u can judge art with this many factors

overall feel. who i liked (enjoyed) more

worst judging method: round by round
that shit is wack

people used to use rounds as a REFERENCE then somehow it became how ppl judge the battle
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #16
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
If you got ZERO flow imo you done lost.

Performance and energy are also very big things I look for.
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #17
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
I agree with special bout judging rounds on a scoring system is gay... It isn't boxing or a UFC fight, as much as it gets compared to it with judging methods..

Hard not to favor who you think won, but at this point don't really go into battles looking for a winner, would rather just have both cats show out and be on top of their game.. Battle rap is so subjective, I get cats will have their own preference of what they value more...

I do miss the battles being judged for other reasons though... Miss betting golden showers, girl swallowing 2 nuts as opposed to 1, n other random sex acts we bet on the battles... Girl isn't as into battles as much as I am, but she competitive, and has more rooted interest in the battles, when something is at stake
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:40 AM   #18
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Yeah I judge it different for each battle, like if both guys are more or less on level with each other in terms of flow/delivery, then I'd just go for whoever had the better lines or moments. If one guy is a much better rapper (and has good bars) then there isn't much chance for the other guy to beat them, even if they have good or slightly better bars. Plus it takes away from a punchline for me if the set-up's are shit, which is why it would of taken 3 full round chokes for me to think Charoon beat B magic.

Lol that just means you're judging battles based on what someone who knows nothing about battles would think. (unless you only go out with #seasoned fans)

That's right. A rapper's potential to break out of this niche within a niche is how I judge them. Someone who can make it as an artist in rap, not just on youtube, that's the kind of performer I get excited about.

I totally understand not seeing it that way. But it's my way of thinking.
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #19
Nahlidge
is Power

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nahlidge is not the worst person
I've judge a few battles at some events. And my judging style is a combo of nit picking at different categories like delivery, performance, content, impact, etc. And I think the best way to go about it is round by round. Even if rounds don't end up being the deciding factor, it's another aspect to help you come to a decision in the end. One thing I've learned from judging battles tho, is that you can never please everybody lol.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #20
Casual

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Who had the most personals.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
seasoned