Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Most anticipated battle from Massacre card?

View Poll Results: most anticipated battle from Massacre card.
Pat Stay vs Calicoe 39 57.35%
Shotty Horroh vs Arsonal 0 0%
Chilla Jones vs Conceited 3 4.41%
Charlie Clips Vs Pass 1 1.47%
Goodz vs Rone 4 5.88%
Bigg K vs Ill Will 4 5.88%
DNA vs 40 Barrs 1 1.47%
DNA vs Dirtbag Dan 5 7.35%
Xcel vs Danny Myers 1 1.47%
E. Farrel vs Sicarii 10 14.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #41
SicariiDC
ICE GRILL = ALASKAN BBQ

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
SicariiDC is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413BattleLeague View Post
you should be! come to mine.
Lmfaooo fuck y'all illuminated architects of ancient science...

I'm busy running my own cult...

#SicariiBattleLeague
SicariiDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #42
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
this is a really good card... and Sicarii and Efarrel are excellent writers. i think sicarri will def win in the building...efarrel doesnt have much of a performance and Sic will press him; but farrel has some otherworldly punches.

Pat/Cal is the most interesting matchup....but im most looking forward to Chilla vs Con. there's no way Ars/Shotty is gonna be anywhere close to their classic tho. props on bringing this shit to MA tho!!! just wish it wasnt in West Bumfuck... what happened to Boston?! well, regardless... good looking out

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #43
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
has Pass battled outside of the West Coast before? (post freestyle era) and has Pat battled in the USA before?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 03-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #44
413BattleLeague
Contributor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
413BattleLeague probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
has Pass battled outside of the West Coast before? (post freestyle era) and has Pat battled in the USA before?
i dont think Pass has. no.

and this will be Pat Stays first USA battle.
413BattleLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #45
413BattleLeague
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post

#SicariiBattleLeague
How can i sign up?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #46
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Pretty cool card. The Shotty/Ars rematch is ass, but cool other than that.

Quote:
Pass vs Philly Swain wasn't out west was it?
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #47
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1461 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Pass battled Skelly in Toronto, Henry Bowers in Sweden, and Philly Swain in Florida
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #48
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
@413BattleLeague I'm still trying to get a tryout battle btw
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 03-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #49
SicariiDC
ICE GRILL = ALASKAN BBQ

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
SicariiDC is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
@413BattleLeague I'm still trying to get a tryout battle btw
I thought u was gonna tryout for hypeman?
SicariiDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #50
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
I thought u was gonna tryout for hypeman?
Pfff I'm already charging for hypeman duties. $250 per amused reaction
Quote:
Old 03-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #51
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
2 no one is coming light for this event, calicoe is very excited for this battle, just go and listen to any recent interviews with him and you'll know that.

Idk how you can be so certain of this. I feel like a lot of these battlers are just giving lip service to the people that are paying them, but actually aren't as excited about or as invested in it as you might be.

I just got finished listening to calicoe on the war report episode from last night, and he didnt mention this event once. Also, when a caller told him that he doesn't seem hungry anymore, he kinda alluded to battles only mattering for him on URL. That is to say, he just takes other battles for the money and doesn't really care about the outcome, but really wants to show out on URL. Booking people like that is a really bad idea imo. Another fucked up part about it is it seems he's charging URL way more money than he's charging smaller leagues where he feels the battles don't matter and I'm sure he's notthe only one, but that's another story...

It's just fucked up because I see this all the time. Battlers in one interview will say one thing about a league, battler, etc., and then go interview with their contemporaries, or people who "get" them, then loosen up some and start saying what they really feel. A good portion of the battlers on the card are really just grifters that go around to leagues treating the benefactors like marks, and there's no one stopping them.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:10 PM   #52
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Pass battled Skelly in Toronto, Henry Bowers in Sweden, and Philly Swain in Florida
oh touche...that's right. those were also his worst battles.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #53
DMCrimson

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
DMCrimson is a PY Poster
Pat/Calicoe is the best mirror match I've heard in a while, have to vote that
DMCrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #54
CBA

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
I like the card, I don't really see Pat beating Calicoe but still an interesting match up. Besides DNA being on the card twice, I gotta question why the hell Chilla Jones is facing Conceited.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #55
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Which channel will the battles be released on?
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #56
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Chilla Jones vs Conceited is a classic match!

Conceited was doing lil punchline schemes before Chilla evolved that style. I think this battle Chilla solidifies himself in that upper tier.

Pat can beat Calicoe. But I hope Cal gives us a funny round (like vs Red).

DNA is going to prove he got so many rhymes and such freestyle skills that he can take 2 battles. It'S dope.

Is this the same venue 413 has used? How many people does it hold? It's a tavern that serves food, so that's super excellent.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #57
Fingers

Fingers is not the worst person
Are you selling Stage Passes? My sartorial style is too fresh to be in the stupid crowd.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #58
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCrimson View Post
Pat/Calicoe is the best mirror match I've heard in a while, have to vote that
wait... how on Earth is that a "mirror match"? they're both big? lol

Cal raps faster/better flow and is more blunt while Pat is more lyrical arguably... it's definitely an interesting match and both maybe are "bullies"..but yeah...

Chilla vs Con has classic potential - hopefully we get another Chilla/Day-type battle

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 03-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #59
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Idk how you can be so certain of this. I feel like a lot of these battlers are just giving lip service to the people that are paying them, but actually aren't as excited about or as invested in it as you might be.

I just got finished listening to calicoe on the war report episode from last night, and he didnt mention this event once. Also, when a caller told him that he doesn't seem hungry anymore, he kinda alluded to battles only mattering for him on URL. That is to say, he just takes other battles for the money and doesn't really care about the outcome, but really wants to show out on URL. Booking people like that is a really bad idea imo. Another fucked up part about it is it seems he's charging URL way more money than he's charging smaller leagues where he feels the battles don't matter and I'm sure he's notthe only one, but that's another story...

It's just fucked up because I see this all the time. Battlers in one interview will say one thing about a league, battler, etc., and then go interview with their contemporaries, or people who "get" them, then loosen up some and start saying what they really feel. A good portion of the battlers on the card are really just grifters that go around to leagues treating the benefactors like marks, and there's no one stopping them.
I listened to that show...cal was on for over an hour and yea...he didn't mention this card once...
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #60
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven View Post
I feel Calicoe is going to come light against Pat because he is white and battle is not on URL. Kinda like how Calicoe came on some bullshit against DNA.
I wish people wouldn't say shit like this, it just adds fuel to the fire. The platform thing makes some sense, but if calicoe takes the battle lightly it has nothing to do with pat being white. By your logic, I suppose DNA is white too?
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #61
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
I wish people wouldn't say shit like this, it just adds fuel to the fire. The platform thing makes some sense, but if calicoe takes the battle lightly it has nothing to do with pat being white. By your logic, I suppose DNA is white too?
i remember a couple of years ago people mentioning "quality non-URL battlers" - Pat's name came up and Cal said he thought Pat was corny. idk if that means anything...just a fleeting thought

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 03-25-2015, 09:37 PM   #62
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Rone vs Goodz ftw.

I think it's a great card and I congratulate you on picking some outside the box matchups (and in general on being able to afford to set something like this up.)

The only battle I don't get is the Shotty/Ars rematch. I imagine it's a pricey one to book. In general I think rematches should only happen when there's a reason to dispute the original, like Math vs Dose. Even Rone vs DNA made sense since a prop dictated the outcome.

@st0ned Nikiya is pretty cool name, where does that come from?

Last edited by Jaybird; 03-25-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #63
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gordo View Post
You think dbd is gonna shit the bed ?
One of them will....And it will be classic for that

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #64
st0ned
Contributor

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
st0ned is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Rone vs Goodz ftw.

I think it's a great card and I congratulate you on picking some outside the box matchups (and in general on being able to afford to set something like this up.)

The only battle I don't get is the Shotty/Ars rematch. I imagine it's a pricey one to book. In general I think rematches should only happen when there's a reason to dispute the original, like Math vs Dose. Even Rone vs DNA made sense since a prop dictated the outcome.

@st0ned Nikiya is pretty cool name, where does that come from?
Thank you, my mom was a hippy pretty much sums up my name lol.
st0ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #65
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:

i just listened to that show too on the midwest.....Calicoe seriously said 20k lmao...dude out his mind...no way he charged, snoop or UW that.

dude is on twitter and shit trying to get on nome 5 which is a week before this event lol

Last edited by Bigzero; 03-25-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #66
Zander

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Zander is a PY Poster
Pat vs. Cal, then Chilla vs. Con, then DBD's material.

Do we know the number of rounds/length of rounds for all of these battles?
Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #67
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
I'm proud of WILL vs K
Old 03-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #68
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
& SPICE vs SICARII
Old 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #69
MCMotion

MCMotion is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
e farel vs sicarii
this. and pat/cal and dirtbag/DNA
MCMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #70
413BattleLeague
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
& SPICE vs SICARII
the cats most of the battle would doesnt know about, will prob be one of the best battles of the night.

They hungry!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #71
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
I love going against the grain. Calicoe/Pat will be good, but I voted for Rone/Goodz. Rone's armpit jokes will be next level. Completely dead at anybody voting for the DNA battle(s) though. Completely.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #72
Nick H.

I'm just psyched to finally get to host a Goodz battle
Old 03-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #73
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:
why is it a one rounder tho?
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:40 AM   #74
efarrell
VIP

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
efarrell is not the worst person
Quote:
this is a really good card... and Sicarii and Efarrel are excellent writers. i think sicarri will def win in the building...efarrel doesnt have much of a performance and Sic will press him; but farrel has some otherworldly punches.

Pat/Cal is the most interesting matchup....but im most looking forward to Chilla vs Con. there's no way Ars/Shotty is gonna be anywhere close to their classic tho. props on bringing this shit to MA tho!!! just wish it wasnt in West Bumfuck... what happened to Boston?! well, regardless... good looking out
I will fucking snap
Quote:
Real
Old 03-27-2015, 12:43 AM   #75
efarrell
VIP

If you weren't sold on my performance prior.. Go watch me vs DOT. shit done changed around here
Old 03-27-2015, 01:18 AM   #76
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Quote:
i remember a couple of years ago people mentioning "quality non-URL battlers" - Pat's name came up and Cal said he thought Pat was corny. idk if that means anything...just a fleeting thought

I dont think they great friends but they seem to get along alright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:42 AM   #77
rollin

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
rollin is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
As you all know I have worked hard in putting together a great card for the New England area. I'm just curious before any of the real promo starts for it (which will be very soon) which battle has you the most interested?
What battle league is hosting this? I'm trying to get tickets
rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:43 AM   #78
efarrell
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin View Post
What battle league is hosting this? I'm trying to get tickets
Kotd.. Tix goin on sale 2nd week in April supoosedly.

300 cap for the venue so they're gonna sell fast as fuck
Old 03-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #79
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
why is it a one rounder tho?
I'm not happy about 1 rounders ever.. Both them guys do shine in that situation tho

Tags
sicariibattleleague