Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
URL vs St. Louis Drama Megathread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
URL vs St. Louis Drama Megathread

So, a lot of you already know about Magic and Yung Ill no showing. For da cultcha, I collected some media so you can get caught up and discuss it if you like. Tryna do this without too much editorializing.

First, we have Beasley breaking the news to the crowd at BL3. He gets a bit condescending towards then end and drops the "#pray4stlouis campaign

Later that afternoon, Magic calls PSA Radio to respond

Saturday evening, Hitman and Verb call AFR to express their disapproval of the #pray4stlouis remarks, and go on about their issues with URL and their support of St Louis rappers. They feel pretty strongly about the whole thing. There are two other parts to this interview and they go in depth about a lot of stuff. Verb interviews are normally pretty entertaining.

In an interview after the BL3 Saturday event, Smack calls Yung Ill and Qleen Paper crackheads. (Crackhead comment @ 1:25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRapChris View Post
One note I'd add is that Smack's "crackhead" comment is him paraphrasing Mr. Wavy, who has now been no-showed by Ill and previously by Qleen for the SM4 warm up card. Smack says something along the lines of "Wavy told me he doesn't want to battle any more crackheads."

Beasley address HHIR and the main take away from this, to me, seems to be that he's issuing an ultimatum to magic, and the options are, do the battle, or give back the money.

Sunday afternoon. Up until this point, no one has been able to contact Yung Ill. He makes an Instagram post indicating what he was busy with but really doesn't address the battle or give any explanation.
http://www.instagram.com/p/BJrVyonjZ...ngill314&hl=en

He also tweets:

For seperate interviews, both Verb and Beasley call into PSA Radio

Monday, without any public response to Beasley's ultimatum, Magic drops his first round for Ave and says to stay tuned for more, which indicates the battle is not happening.

He Later tweets this:

Verb and Hitman take to social media to express interests in doing a 2 on 2 for KOTD. Now, for this part, some people believe that this is an attempt to take a shot at URL, especially because Hitman wants 30k from URL and will most likely take less than that from KOTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
collection of verb / hitman tweets in video form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poems 4 Man View Post
Latest Update: Posted today.

B MAGIC (RESPONDS TO BEASLEY AND URL, "WHAT WAS SAID ON STAGE WAS SLANDER")

Last edited by 6000GP; 08-30-2016 at 05:03 PM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Btw, I havent listened to / watched all of this shit, but I'm pretty sure thats all the relevant stuff
Old 08-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #3
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Not good news that Smack called Qleen a crackhead and referred to his situation as either backing out or not showing up. Was really hoping to see him return to URL soon. Hopefully, that's still possible. I do remember some interview where Beasley was discussing possible returns to the URL and he clearly thought highly of Qleen's ability, so hopefully they'll give it another shot.

Combined with the story QPSons told about intentionally shortening his rounds so Qleen could stretch his material to three rounds in their battle and man, it really sucks when your favorite battler is so unreliable.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:00 AM   #4
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Lol at yung ill's tweet: "fuck smack hoe ass".

so proud of st louis finessing him like this lmao
WillyRockBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 AM   #5
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
amazing post thank you for breaking it down cuz I couldn't follow all this
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:12 AM   #6
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
Thney gass up Tay Rock now they hatin on other states?

Lmao! Ya dont say
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:23 AM   #7
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Shit sucks. Those four are important.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:32 AM   #8
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ooooo this could be a juicy storyline

st lou as a pack show up on a KOTD midwest card. all the st lou guys say, "fuck smack and fuck URL!!!" after putting on killer performances. they later announce loyalty to KOTD and become the heads of a newly planned KOTD midwest division, which will expose new talent to battle rap fans while KOTD could finally attract the "street" audience. smack comes out next event and disses st lou and KOTD condescendingly, calling them copycats, the secondary league, etc. organik and the rest of KOTD respond and direct competition ensues between the two brands and their loyal battlers. dizaster calls out surf, tay roc calls out bigg k, and others start talking shit over twitter and the gram or whatever. FINALLY WE GET THAT KOTD VS SMACK CARD. diz vs surf, bigg k vs roc, head ice vs calicoe, a KOTD yung ill vs mr wavy, a KOTD magic vs ave, and finally: a KOTD hitman vs shotgun suge. after the event, both leagues show respect to each other and over time, the st lou guys start appearing back on smack and business is back to normal.

i mean, this totally won't happen and it would be far too messy. but come on. a WWF vs WCW-esque storyline could be a bit fun.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:00 AM   #9
StayScheming

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
StayScheming is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
ooooo this could be a juicy storyline

st lou as a pack show up on a KOTD midwest card. all the st lou guys say, "fuck smack and fuck URL!!!" after putting on killer performances. they later announce loyalty to KOTD and become the heads of a newly planned KOTD midwest division, which will expose new talent to battle rap fans while KOTD could finally attract the "street" audience. smack comes out next event and disses st lou and KOTD condescendingly, calling them copycats, the secondary league, etc. organik and the rest of KOTD respond and direct competition ensues between the two brands and their loyal battlers. dizaster calls out surf, tay roc calls out bigg k, and others start talking shit over twitter and the gram or whatever. FINALLY WE GET THAT KOTD VS SMACK CARD. diz vs surf, bigg k vs roc, head ice vs calicoe, a KOTD yung ill vs mr wavy, a KOTD magic vs ave, and finally: a KOTD hitman vs shotgun suge. after the event, both leagues show respect to each other and over time, the st lou guys start appearing back on smack and business is back to normal.

i mean, this totally won't happen and it would be far too messy. but come on. a WWF vs WCW-esque storyline could be a bit fun.
This sounds great lol. Would never work though because they'd all be arguing about who gets what footage.
StayScheming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:02 AM   #10
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
6kGP delivered. Thx!
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:21 AM   #11
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
damn i had no idea this was going on good lookin out op!!!
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:26 AM   #12
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
damn i agree w ill, fuck smaq hoe ass why cant us grown men smoke craq like we want without being judged!!!!
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:31 AM   #13
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So.... St. Louis essentially ran off on the plug... and Smack/Beasley said some slick shit as I'd expect them to.

Hitman doesn't battle anymore.
Aye Verb is washed up
Yung Ill was gone for years
B Magic was retiring anyway.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's why Smack and crew are as indignant about this as they have been. Pretty soon the new talent will have taken hold and we'll move on.

Then a few years later folk will bury the hatchet and we'll have mega cards at Summer Madness 8 or 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:44 AM   #14
BattleRapChris
Media

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
BattleRapChris is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattleRapChris is better than Grind Time Australia
Great work! You're hired tbh. One note I'd add is that Smack's "crackhead" comment is him paraphrasing Mr. Wavy, who has now been no-showed by Ill and previously by Qleen for the SM4 warm up card. Smack says something along the lines of "Wavy told me he doesn't want to battle any more crackheads."

Complete "Born Legacy 2" coverage

Complete "Blackout 6" coverage

Complete 2015 In Review coverage

Twitter -> @BattleRapChris
BattleRapChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:50 AM   #15
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league

But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:07 AM   #16
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Hopefully we get some decent diss tracks out of this like with the Dot mob/nwx situation
Old 08-30-2016, 04:10 AM   #17
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
So.... St. Louis essentially ran off on the plug... and Smack/Beasley said some slick shit as I'd expect them to.

Hitman doesn't battle anymore.
Aye Verb is washed up
Yung Ill was gone for years
B Magic was retiring anyway.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's why Smack and crew are as indignant about this as they have been. Pretty soon the new talent will have taken hold and we'll move on.

Then a few years later folk will bury the hatchet and we'll have mega cards at Summer Madness 8 or 9.

seasoned fans have been hearing that line since 2010, and the new guys are still ass lol
WillyRockBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:10 AM   #18
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Fucking amazing post.
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:15 AM   #19
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack wouldnt exactly be the first person to call Ill and QP crackheads ...
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:56 AM   #20
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
When did Goodz break someone's nose with a henny bottle? bit unseasoned
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:15 AM   #21
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Great work! You're hired tbh. One note I'd add is that Smack's "crackhead" comment is him paraphrasing Mr. Wavy, who has now been no-showed by Ill and previously by Qleen for the SM4 warm up card. Smack says something along the lines of "Wavy told me he doesn't want to battle any more crackheads."
Yeah, everyone seemed to miss this. "Wavy mad at me cause I can't book crackheads, that's what he said".
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:48 AM   #22
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post

He threw his bottle into the crowd when he battled Hollow
WallaceBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #23
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person

You can't hate on URL after this interview

B-Magic clearly in the wrong

Listen to the interview, to me I think he's ducking Ave.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #24
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Url paid b magic to not show up and create drama with the Lou... There will be a Lou vs the world card coming up

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #25
IKNOWALL

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
IKNOWALL is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRockBags View Post
Lol at yung ill's tweet: "fuck smack hoe ass".

so proud of st louis finessing him like this lmao
Here is the thing. In the end this hurts St Louis more than URL. The St Louis battle rappers want to be on URL. Url wants them but they dont need them. URL pays more than anybody else. If St Louis battle rappers diced to stop battling on URL their price goes down everywhere
IKNOWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #26
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
Him vs hollow if you skip to the end of the battle in the middle of goodz 3rd round someone calls him a faggot and he stops his verse and said "yo what you just call me?" And then they cut the cameras out but he threw his bottle at someone in the crowd
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #27
Poems 4 Man

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Poems 4 Man is not the worst person

Poems 4 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #28
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
In better news we might get this now though.

Last edited by Triptych; 08-30-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Triptych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #29
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
In better news we might get this now though.

https://twitter.com/swavesevah/statu...43760250249216
Do u see smack letting that happen

Smack n norbes are like that lids parents who buy cigs n beer for the other kids and party with the parents but when it comes to their own children the belt comes out
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #30
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
Do u see smack letting that happen

Smack n norbes are like that lids parents who buy cigs n beer for the other kids and party with the parents but when it comes to their own children the belt comes out
I mean, if URL's relationship with Holla and Verb is actually done for real, I don't think they'll feel like that match is a loss for them. Far as I know, they don't fuck with Ice and Swave that much anymore either.

It'd be a good look for almost any other league to have that. Imagine it on Black Ice. Damn.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #31
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post

https://youtu.be/slZ8EKEJOec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poems 4 Man View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sidZPVX-Sl8
Thanks y'all, I'ma add this info to the OP
Old 08-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #32
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Blaze Won is not the worst person
Battle rap is dead without another Hitman Holla battle.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #33
djpompey
No Coast President

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
djpompey is not the worst person
Hey Shakezulla, snap these guys up for No Coast St Louis
djpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #34
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
B magic ain't the killer he once was any Young ill is hit or miss. Verb and Hitman's involvement seems like regional loyalty sparked by Beasley's condescending remarks opening old wounds. I don't think they can touch URL's business but in a ways it's commendable that they are standing up for what they believe in. That is its prob misguided though and I hope this is just some WWE shit.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #35
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
I mean, if URL's relationship with Holla and Verb is actually done for real, I don't think they'll feel like that match is a loss for them. Far as I know, they don't fuck with Ice and Swave that much anymore either.

It'd be a good look for almost any other league to have that. Imagine it on Black Ice. Damn.

I didn't know they weren't fn w/verb I guess ur right then...nobody to threaten
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #36
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Smack wouldnt exactly be the first person to call Ill and QP crackheads ...
yea but hes their boss and this aint a battle...
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 AM   #37
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
yea but hes their boss and this aint a battle...
Lol bruh a nigga run off wit racks and don't give it back to me boss or not I should be able to call him whatever I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pray4stlouis