Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Gay male battle rappers? Is the scene ready?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 AM   #41
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
This will never be accepted in hip hop (not just battle rap, but hip hop in general). The youngins are brought up being taught being gay = being weird, weak, feminine, etc. And then when they get older, the cycle repeats. The answer is no. A gay battler will never be accepted.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #42
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
After chingy came out, all he had to do was release one more big hit and he would have broken the glass ceiling.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:26 AM   #43
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Flykingi is dope

lol this was already posted verbatim. I AGREE
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:31 AM   #44
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
if there's a part of the scene that isn't "ready" for a gay battler then they're fucking ridiculous and shouldn't be considered when doing anything
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2017, 05:31 AM   #45
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
It will work on certain platforms. It fucking sucks that it won't work everywhere but it just won't. Too many fake tough guys pause pause pause pause trying to prove to the next man how not gay they are.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:49 AM   #46
cdizzle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cdizzle is not the worst person
Who gives a fuck. Watch battles for bars not fucking politics

Last edited by cdizzle; 03-23-2017 at 05:56 AM.
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #47
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
How do we know any of the current battle rappers we rock with aren't gay?

And if you found out would it change your perspective?
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:14 AM   #48
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #49
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Pen View Post
The whole "you're gay" angle would be easily bodied by someone who embraced their sexuality if you think about it. They are already owning it. And they would probably have a million rebuttals.
yea i was thinking the same thing when i was thinking about this 2 seconds ago when i clicked on the thread here. someone who's good could actually use it to their advantage. sadly there's like, 12 battle rappers that are any good so.....I'm skeptical ......could there be a battle rapper who's not very good and also a homosexual? easily.

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #50
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
only if Charron is the first match up
Old 03-23-2017, 07:55 AM   #51
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
After chingy came out, all he had to do was release one more big hit and he would have broken the glass ceiling.
Wait Chingy is gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #52
StankDaddy

StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyledStankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
Wait Chingy is gay?
no, just shit.

Most of this thread totally on point. The culture just doesn't allow it. But it IS changing. Sky2Real probably going too far saying it'll never happen
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #53
Henrik

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
Remember a while ago when there were some stupid rumors about Show Off being gay, due to something his ex-wife said? People started blogging and speculating about it and asked whether it would change their view on him as a battler. Of course it ended up getting quickly dismissed, but all the talking just showed that people in the battle community are xenophobic as hell.

Plus nobody ever reacts the slightest to homophobic slurs during battles. It's ridiculous!

Maybe it could work in a smaller Cali setting.

Last edited by Henrik; 03-26-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #54
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't see why it wouldn't work if he was really good and being gay was just a fact, not a gimmick. So, completely the opposite of TwoCan.

I guess the most difficult part would be climbing the steps. Most bottom tier battlers are bottom tier for a reason, and they'll gladly go for three rounds of cheap jokes. Definitely don't battle in Toronto. I believe the Bunker and even the URL PG/Born Legacy crowds would be able to rate someone who's really good, regardless of personal stuff. As long as the battler doesn't act gay.

Make sure the league doesn't title the video "GAY RAP BATTLE".

Once he's made name for himself, there should be plenty of battlers who wouldn't stick to low blows (or have a reason not to). Saurus, Illmac. Loe Pesci. K-Shine or Yung Ill. Fresco. Shuffle T, Soul. Soul Khan, NoCanDo, Lux!

Okay, he just has to be REALLY good imo.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #55
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If you care about someone sexuality than your opinion means fuck all to me.

Facist pricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #56
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Compare the grindtime era to now and how the homophobic material has slowed down. Back then every other word was faggot and every other scheme was about all the gay things the other person was doing. That shit just doesn't fly anymore especially in the west/Canada/UK.

We have some catching up to do here in the east but I don't consider it hopeless. Americas outlook on sexuality as a whole is changing.

Daylyt said he'd suck Diddys dick and he's still considered one of the best writers even by dudes who pause every other sentence.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #57
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
These pussies make my dick wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #58
StankDaddy

StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyledStankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
I
Once he's made name for himself, there should be plenty of battlers who wouldn't stick to low blows (or have a reason not to). Saurus, Illmac. Loe Pesci. K-Shine or Yung Ill. Fresco. Shuffle T, Soul. Soul Khan, NoCanDo, Lux!

Okay, he just has to be REALLY good imo.
Just want to point out Khan did almost an entire battle of gay jokes against someone who isn't even gay
Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #59
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Pen View Post
Not speaking on mc's like No Shame (no disrespect intended). Just men that dress like traditional (no disrespect again, pardon my ignorance on the labels & shit) men.
Poison Pen is confirmed transphobic!!! Lol jk man I had to quote this part of your post tho because it made me laugh. This is a great thread and you are the man. Are there any specific gay battlers that you rate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
Just want to point out Khan did almost an entire battle of gay jokes against someone who isn't even gay
Lol true. He actually discussed this at length on rmbva in the more recent years. Says he feels really bad about the fat shaming and homophobic shit he's said in battles. I think it's part of why he left the scene actually.

Also, this is only slightly relevant but I'll post it anyway-

u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #60
Bobby Bigelow
You dont want no

Mentioned: 391 Post(s)
Bobby Bigelow is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
as long as they could stand up there and deal with the undoubtedly super low hanging fruit (no pun intended)
deaaaaaaaad.

Speaking on the topic though, as long as they have the skill I'm sure the majority of people will push their lifestyle to the side and let them continue performing in battles. They'd probably never make it on URL though.. Deacon Frost was the first and last.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #61
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Destro is not the worst person
There's some good points made in here. I think the best way to sum it up would just be "they'd have to be undeniably good". If there was someone who was gay and could write his ass off, be naturally entertaining, make the crowd laugh & probably have a bunch of pre-med rebuttals, then yes- I think he'd be accepted. If they're not good, it would be a long night for them & a forgettable battle for everyone else.

Quote:
Also, this is only slightly relevant but I'll post it anyway-

Both of his new specials are so goddamn good.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #62
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
hypothetically saying the gay rapper is nice as hell, what makes anybody think that the better battle rappers would want to battle him? They would pretty much have nothing to gain and everything to lose...
this. no one would take the battle regardless of how nice they are. sucks.
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #63
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
as long as that particular mc and the opponent he was booked against didn't solely talk about him being gay - otherwise he'd become a novelty act.

Big J vs Two-Can on Don't Flop (I think Two-Can is bisexual) is an example of where it can be cringey, I imagine it'll similar to when men battle women when the men are just like, you're a cunt whore dish cloth cum sucking etc. it's v. boring.

so yeah no reason it can't work but don't book them with shitty opponents and maybe bring in a few of these guys at once so they're not just 'the (1 in the universe) gay battle rapper'

also I think maybe P-Nut battled a gay dude at Tourettes so ask him maybe?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #64
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
how can anyone seriously act like battle rap hasn't alrdy been infiltrated by homos with cats like prep, fresco, con, tay roc, k shine, verb, rone etc running around? is this even a real question?

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #65
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
These pussies make my dick wet
Lmfaooooo
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #66
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If I battle rapped ( Don't have time and don't live in the tri-state anymore) niggas wouldn't be able to fuck with my shit. Fuck being bi gotta do with my bars? Nothing.

I'm sure there's a ton of down low niggas already in the game though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #67
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Nobody mentioning the undeniable gameplan for niggas like me though and I'm tickled. Since most dudes are so insecure and anti gay, fucking with them would be PRICELESS.

You wanna scrap? Let's get it in. Cause I'm a big nigga and my hands work. THEN you got beat up by a gay nigga AND you got outbarred. Shieeeeet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #68
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Old 03-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #69
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 835 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
they would have to be good, but they would also have to sound masculine

if a dude came up there with a very femmy voice then the ill rhymes would be thrown out the window and that's just how it would be, not saying its right or wrong..
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:35 AM   #70
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Make sure the league doesn't title the video "GAY RAP BATTLE".
oh jesus...i didn't even think of this...ugh...yikes!

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #71
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Hahahaha "I allow trespassing, not entry" lmao these girls really out here burgling HFK's asshole
Old 03-24-2017, 07:20 AM   #72
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
Hahahaha "I allow trespassing, not entry" lmao these girls really out here burgling HFK's asshole
That was definitely my biggest regret about reading that post.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:52 PM   #73
God of Rap

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
God of Rap is a PY Poster
I have no words after reading that HFK post.

In regards to the topic, question, is there an openly gay man in a high profile competitive sport? Problem is, rap battling and sport go hand in hand (lolgay) in this topic. So much bravado that people will automatically not take a gay guy seriously because of preconceptions of how a gay man is meant to be. For lesbians, its cool, no one cares because men don't see them as a competitor in their field.

I don't really care though, out of all these battle rappers I'm sure at least one is gay. The odds against it are too damn high.
God of Rap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:54 PM   #74
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
two can is openly gay....even though hes married with kids or some shit
Old 03-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #75
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
also HFK if you're on this forum you're a faggot and if you're not you;re an even bigger faggot
Old 03-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #76
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Aint been having much time for liesure lately but I did get this thread as a suggestion by tapatalk a few days ago when there were few posts and instantly was gonna mention Fly King but didn't and then forgot all about it- glad to see people were on it

without him existing, I would have said it would never work in the black leagues
Dont Flop? Canada? Predominanly white leagues?-absolutely it could work but homosexuality is still very much demonized in the black community

The more "hard" or militant the demographic of the league, the more anti-gay they are going to be.
The black community is one of the last unapolegeticly anti-gay groups, outside of the ultra-religious/alt-right or openly racist, despite having a large population of gays within the community.

FlyKing is just like the homies gay lil brother that eventually is just there and it is acknowledged but never supported that he is gay. This type of "acceptance" is about the best that can be hoped for I'm afraid (in the black leagues)
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:24 PM   #77
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
As a huge Conceited fan, he always set my Gaydar off

I feel like he could be gay, or you could easily imagine a gay battle rapper being a lot like conceited

IMO an openly gay Conceited weaving gay innuendo into his wordplay would be unstoppable

and would get more crowd reaction

WOuld be a hit on KOTD and DF

But would a gay Conceited be accepted on Smack? Possibly, but not accepted the way a non-gay Conceited would be accepted. Accepted the way Soul Khan and Iron Solomon were accepted on Smack
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #78
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
As a huge Conceited fan, he always set my Gaydar off

I feel like he could be gay, or you could easily imagine a gay battle rapper being a lot like conceited

IMO an openly gay Conceited weaving gay innuendo into his wordplay would be unstoppable

and would get more crowd reaction

WOuld be a hit on KOTD and DF

But would a gay Conceited be accepted on Smack? Possibly, but not accepted the way a non-gay Conceited would be accepted. Accepted the way Soul Khan and Iron Solomon were accepted on Smack
god damnit i wanted to quote/reply to this post with an old instagram photo of Con at the strip club wherein he's totally ignoring the stripper. such a good photo he looks so deep in thought like he's having an epiphany. the photo has never been more relevant than right now and i cannot find it. fock.
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:41 PM   #79
Ryuha

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
lets not....let them battle on Qotr

seriously

*pours bowl of Fruity pebbles*
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #80
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
god damnit i wanted to quote/reply to this post with an old instagram photo of Con at the strip club wherein he's totally ignoring the stripper. such a good photo he looks so deep in thought like he's having an epiphany. the photo has never been more relevant than right now and i cannot find it. fock.
YES!! I kno exactly the one. She had a baby pic on her back and cats had a meme goin round that said "When you see your own baby pic on a strippers back" LOLz
just looked for the pic again too in the groups cuz I seen someone use the pic this weekend but couldnt find it, fuck haha
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badbarber, i only bash fags when there's beef, lets all virtue signal itt, no one buys that you like gays, notdetour, notreal, pretend tolerance is fire!, stopit, target, wig