Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
FIRE BATTLE SHOX THE REBEL VS SOUL | Don't Flop Rap Battle [TITLE MATCH]

View Poll Results: Who do you think won?
Shox The Rebel 18 48.65%
Soul 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #41
SketchMenace
VIP

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
SketchMenace is not the worst person
so when is illmac vs soul happening?
SketchMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #42
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Classic. BotY so far for me (although I have a few to catch up on). Soul took some risks that paid off, and Shox stepped everything up a level. Also @RyMo I know you probably don't get a say in this but why on earth is Danny Jaqq a judge?

I think Soul won but can't be mad at the result.

Who do people reckon should be next up? I'm saying BA.

Last edited by The Kurgan; 05-30-2017 at 07:07 PM.
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #43
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Classic. BotY so far for me (although I have a few to catch up on). Soul took some risks that paid off for me, and Shox stepped everything up a level. Also @RyMo I know you probably don't get a say in this but why on earth is Danny Jaqq a judge?

I'd say BA needs another big win before getting a shot (not saying he's undeserving, but it does preserve the meritocracy somewhat to not immediately give him a shot after a multi-year hiatus). Out of active battlers, Dialect matches up best with Shox and has been doing well recently. Shuffle or Og could also make a push and actually have the best chance of dismantling Shox imo, but doubt DF is super interested in pushing either as narratives
Old 05-31-2017, 12:07 AM   #44
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Classic. BotY so far for me (although I have a few to catch up on). Soul took some risks that paid off, and Shox stepped everything up a level. Also @RyMo I know you probably don't get a say in this but why on earth is Danny Jaqq a judge?

Although it's not fair, I agree that BA will likely get the push. The narrative completely writes itself. BA coming down from Scotland to try to take the title back up north. The old OG taking on a 'new jack' with a similar style. Even Eurgh's current team of clueless marketers could market that!

Otherwise I agree with Illipis that Dialect may get a push. He is probably the longest vet who hasn't received a push for the solo title.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:10 AM   #45
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also wondering where his recent performance makes the Soul fans put Soul. In his last bunch we've seen him get bodied by Caustic, body Raptor off the planet, have a debatable with RD and lose to Shox. I know a lot of people had Soul in their top 5/10, still the case?
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:59 AM   #46
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
crazy battle it's almost too good a bit like shox vs tony d where it's crazy as fuck but i'll still be rewatching other battles more , i got soul 2-1 tbh
Old 05-31-2017, 07:38 AM   #47
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Quote:

I legit have 0 say in events like Checkpoint let alone who judges the title match, don't understand the hate though, Danny knows his stuff and isn't going to be biased
RyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #48
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMo View Post
I legit have 0 say in events like Checkpoint let alone who judges the title match, don't understand the hate though, Danny knows his stuff and isn't going to be biased
Just weird that he (afaik) works for DF, it's a bit like Eurgh or Cruger judging it. You're right though, doubt he's biased and it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
I'd say BA needs another big win before getting a shot (not saying he's undeserving, but it does preserve the meritocracy somewhat to not immediately give him a shot after a multi-year hiatus). Out of active battlers, Dialect matches up best with Shox and has been doing well recently. Shuffle or Og could also make a push and actually have the best chance of dismantling Shox imo, but doubt DF is super interested in pushing either as narratives
Hmm yeah I agree that Shuffle, Dialect or Og could all easily work towards a shot if they want one, 3 real fan favourites who have been active and consistent. Defo the top 4 front-runners (alongside BA). BA hasn't been as active, but he SMASHED the 2 battles he's done this year and I think 1 or 2 more great performances against quality opponents (Thesaurus, Soul or Bigg-K would be crazy IMO) and he'll be right there. Plus like @Emancee says there is a pretty good storyline there.

Reckon after the Clips battle drops, Harry Baker will be in with a shout too, people are gonna love his material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Also wondering where his recent performance makes the Soul fans put Soul. In his last bunch we've seen him get bodied by Caustic, body Raptor off the planet, have a debatable with RD and lose to Shox. I know a lot of people had Soul in their top 5/10, still the case?
I don't really judge him for his wins, it's more the quality of his performances. 3/4 of which you mentioned I think were amazing. The Caustic one was awful lol but it was a while back now, and since then he also bodied Quill, which was another great showing. There's never any shame in losing a classic, even if the stakes are high.

So yeah, still my favourite battler.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #49
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Why is him vs RD debatable but Shox is a straight loss? Because of the decision from Danny Jaqq & Co?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #50
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Why is him vs RD debatable but Shox is a straight loss? Because of the decision from Danny Jaqq & Co?
Because he got a unanimous decision against him. Literally not a single judge gave him the win. The judges included people like Serius etc who are OG vets. How is that not a loss?!?
Old 06-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #51
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Because he got a unanimous decision against him. Literally not a single judge gave him the win. The judges included people like Serius etc who are OG vets. How is that not a loss?!?
Because people are still going to judge for themselves and clearly a lot of people have Soul winning. I don't really see how these guys unanimously deciding Shox won here is all that different to Illmac, Chase & Avocado saying Soul beat Real Deal on that watch episode they did.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #52
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Because people are still going to judge for themselves and clearly a lot of people have Soul winning. I don't really see how these guys unanimously deciding Shox won here is all that different to Illmac, Chase & Avocado saying Soul beat Real Deal on that watch episode they did.
What does Chase Moore have to do with anything, lol? If that is your criteria, feel free to change my question to 'Victory over Real Deal according to Chase Moore'...

Also is your argument that writing and performing for a battle JUDGED LIVE and IN THE VENUE is no different to writing an UNJUDGED battle for the Youtube audience? Is that correct? I genuinely don't know what to say to that...

Soul can win polls until the end of eternity, but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't do what he needed to do IN THE VENUE and paid the cost. See also Po Rich, Illmac and countless other dethroned champs. Soul didn't do what he needed to do, therefore it is a loss by the criteria that were set out (In order to continue to be champ, you must win more than half the live votes of a jury of your peers and guest rappers- really lame to write that out!).

Anyway, this has gone on a huge tangent way off its original point. Which is whether his recent form changes your rating of Soul or not?...

Last edited by Emancee; 06-01-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #53
rogermellie

Quote:
What does Chase Moore have to do with anything, lol? If that is your criteria, feel free to change my question to 'Victory over Real Deal according to Chase Moore'...

Also is your argument that writing and performing for a battle JUDGED LIVE and IN THE VENUE is no different to writing an UNJUDGED battle for the Youtube audience? Is that correct? I genuinely don't know what to say to that...

Soul can win polls until the end of eternity, but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't do what he needed to do IN THE VENUE and paid the cost. See also Po Rich, Illmac and countless other dethroned champs. Soul didn't do what he needed to do, therefore it is a loss by the criteria that were set out (In order to continue to be champ, you must win more than half the live votes of a jury of your peers and guest rappers- really lame to write that out!).

Anyway, this has gone on a huge tangent way off its original point. Which is whether his recent form changes your rating of Soul or not?...

I didn't say "Well Chase more said he beat Real Deal" my point was that a group of battlers at the event saying Shox won doesn't mean anyone else has to agree with it, just like Chase More, Illmac & Avocado saying he beat Real Deal doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Both battles have had a a similar response, most agree it was a great battle with no real clear winner.

Would you say that Shox lost to Tony D and it's undebatable?

Are you saying that you accept every single judging decision as undebatable or is this a title match only thing?

I literally haven't said anything about who I thought won this battle, I just don't think the judges decision really has any bearing on how debatable a battle is.

Your original question doesn't really make sense to me. You're asking fans of Soul if they still rate him after a run of good performances that Soul fans rated highly, based on your opinion of how clearly he did or didn't win them?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #54
Soul
VIP

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Soul is not the worst person
Quote:

This is what I've been saying to people who tell me they thought I won except worded way better.
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #55
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
This is what I've been saying to people who tell me they thought I won except worded way better.
There is literally no way any battler can know what they will need to do to win in the venue/in the opinion of whoever judges though. Porich vs Diz is a pretty good example of where somebody "won" before the battle had started.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2017, 11:07 PM   #56
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I'm a huge Soul fan and have a really hard time picking a winner which probably means Shox won
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #57
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
What do people think about the idea that to beat the champ you have to CLEARLY beat him?

I'm not saying Shox didn't necessarily do that but I think it's interesting
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:17 PM   #58
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
What do people think about the idea that to beat the champ you have to CLEARLY beat him?

I'm not saying Shox didn't necessarily do that but I think it's interesting
I kinda feel the opposite tbh. It seems like a tie goes to the runner sort of situation, where the onus ought to be on the defense to retain...if you can't make it clear as champ, then that status is automatically brought into question
Old 06-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #59
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
I think Soul's "shox/thunder" bar might be one of the best bars I've ever heard

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #60
Kou

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Kou is not the worst person
Shox 2-1
Kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #61
Bwdawatt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bwdawatt is not the worst person
Quote:
I agree, but do we really need to give a shit about that criteria? I mean I've never really respected any Don't Flop crowd or the judges they pick, so doesn't it just come down to personal preference and opinion?
Bwdawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #62
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
I'm a huge Soul fan and have a really hard time picking a winner which probably means Shox won
your opinion shox me
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags