View Poll Results: Who won?
Arcane 9 25.00%
Caustic 12 33.33%
No one. 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2018, 01:11 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD - Arcane vs. Caustic l #WD7

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:15 AM   #2
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Too fast HBY!
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #3
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
he's thread lightening
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #4
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Never book arcane again dear god this was garbage how the fuck did he win a title twice?
Old 02-06-2018, 01:47 AM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Kotd needs to drop some hot battles soon they're on a weird run this needs to be a good year at the rate they're going
Old 02-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #6
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Caustic's third was even more tasteless than I remembered live. Dead family members are not good punchlines. Arcane with the W.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:08 AM   #7
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

This battle is bad but this crowd is soooooo trash has to be said
Old 02-06-2018, 02:36 AM   #8
Hughms

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Hughms is not the worst person
woah Arcane's first is a woat contender
Hughms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:36 AM   #9
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
For what this was I enjoyed the bits of their first. Al Fredo/ Al Fresco was actually a really good concept, but Arcane just overwrote it. Genuinely could have been a huge bar with a better writer. Caustic was pretty entertaining.

Neither had anything in the second, but Arcane had a de feet bar and a round of gun bars, lol: autoloss. That shove from Caustic was hilarious though. Ganik and Gully were just like yeah he shoved him, whatever let's just get this shit over with.

Arcane is doing better, but he's still rapping like it was 2009. That stretched out scheme style was hot then.
The best part of Caustic's round was that comment on what Arcane looks like under his hat, lol. The rest, errmmm, errrr, happened...

Caustic won, but as usual it feels like eating barely reheated leftovers than a real meal.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 02-06-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:39 AM   #10
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
arcane spent so much time on "you look like" shit and they look the fuckin same lolol
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:55 AM   #11
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
caustic either 2-1 or 3-0. i dont really feel dead family angles either but arcane sucks.

the battle was ok at best and the shit crowd made it worse
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:01 AM   #12
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The thumbnail says it all, Caustic looks like he wants to get it over with and Arcane just looks confused, lol
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:13 AM   #13
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
The crowd is just weird, it's an odd setting. That's how all Toronto events feel to me coming off the screen. But both were at a huge disadvantage because this battle should have happened years ago.

I am afraid to go back and rewatch an old Arcane battle because I could have sworn I used to enjoy him but I wasn't a fan of this version at all. But it might also just be that KOTD has been chasing being Diet Smack and lost the vibe they had that made guys like Arcane entertaining. I gotta think if someone like PoRich came back and battled it would suck too, and I used to be super entertained by that guy.

Caustic could have delivered that "hand that feeds you" line much better. Should have been the bar of the battle, good concept.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:54 AM   #14
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
This is weird, Arcane actually beat this guy

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:09 AM   #15
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This is a fantastically bad battle i love it... arcanes a nice dumpster fire please book him again his lack of self awareness is captivating

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:24 AM   #16
Cuntoffs are Jumps

this is fucking shit
Old 02-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #17
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Literally never gonna watch this

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #18
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
"Your face looks like a fucking shoe" was Arcane's Big Gerald moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:51 AM   #19
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
"Your face looks like a fucking shoe" was Arcane's Big Gerald moment
I was in tears laughing at the buildup

Your girls a fucking 2 ! At best lol unreal

My bars fillery dark imagery hahaha

You guys are a little harsh on caustic he had moments here crowd sucks

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #20
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
I voted Arcane just because he’s less of a faggot than Kid Caustic. No real winners in this battle tho. Shame coz it had so much potential. Two people that actually hate each other going toe to toe.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #21
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD should do more battles revolving around melodramatic rivalries. it's what the scene needs and a good look for everyone involved. nothing embarrassing happened in this battle. this is what battle rap should be. caustic 3-0, debatably 2-1.

Last edited by peace; 02-06-2018 at 01:47 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #22
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
KOTD should do more battles revolving around melodramatic rivalries. it's what the scene needs and a good look for everyone involved.
Exactly. Been saying this forever. For all these people who claimed that they didn’t want this battle to happen/ thought it was trash, it sure does have more people talking about it than any other kotd battle as of recently...

Just a shame that y’all were lying about wanting to see this for so long, because it let kotd and the rappers off the hook for years. This battle would’ve been way better if people would’ve pressured them to put it on years ago instead of pretending they weren’t interested

Last edited by 6000GP; 02-06-2018 at 01:33 PM.
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #23
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Just a shame that y’all were lying about wanting to see this for so long, because it let kotd and the rappers off the hook for years. This battle would’ve been way better if people would’ve pressured them to put it on years ago instead of pretending they weren’t interested
Where are you getting this from? Pretty much every time Caustic was announced on a KOTD Blackout card the overall opinion was (harshly IMO) that it was either Arcane or they weren't interested.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #24
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Where are you getting this from? Pretty much every time Caustic was announced on a KOTD Blackout card the overall opinion was (harshly IMO) that it was either Arcane or they weren't interested.
Idk, I recall it being about 50-50 people being for/against it
Old 02-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #25
Emancee

Quote:
Idk, I recall it being about 50-50 people being for/against it
Actually looking back quickly over the archives that seems pretty accurate.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #26
Castor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Castor is not the worst person
jesus christ arcane is fucking horrible in this. his first was incredibly awkward to watch, especially when he was claiming that his time ran out because of reactions when no one was fucking reacting
Castor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #27
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Face look like a shoe? nigga step ya bar game up

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #28
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
Exactly. Been saying this forever. For all these people who claimed that they didn’t want this battle to happen/ thought it was trash, it sure does have more people talking about it than any other kotd battle as of recently...

1000% this, the fact that it'd taken sooooooo long to happen and they both (particularly Arcane) were acting like it happened yesterday made them look like total nerdbirds.

+ Arcane said he was 'lyrical' something, it was fucking awful but I can't bring myself to go back and find it.

& and at least Caustic's third injected some energy into the thing

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 02-06-2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: +
Old 02-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #29
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
Organik: Time!

Arcane: nah hold on i gotta get these pasta bars out

LMAOO

I only liked caustic 3rd and the 'youre 40?" part in second
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #30
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Thought Caustic took this easily, even his lighter material was worlds beyond the trash Arcane brought.

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #31
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Contender for worst battle of all time
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #32
JF1VE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JF1VE is not the worst person
Terrible battle & worse crowd but Arcane clearly got this IMO.

Not really a fan of either but I don't see how anyone can say Caustic won this.
JF1VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #33
Uza
VIP

Uza is not the worst person
Arcane's pretty good at rhyming things but by god they both rap so slow.
Uza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #34
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Arcane won (2-1) imo. Caustic got the first.
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #35
Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphoniez View Post
Arcane won (2-1) imo. Caustic got the first.
what won arcane the third? lol

yall cant give a guy using defeet lines in 2018
Old 02-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #36
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Whole shit was gay everybody lost.
It's dope #2018
Old 02-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #37
Casual

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
This is genuinely one of the worst battles I've ever seen lol. Everything about it was bad.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #38
Paradox

you're 40?

YOU'RE 40?

you're 40 years old?

idk why that makes me laugh. caustics roudn werent as bad as serius/charron. he had some good shit.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:35 AM   #39
6000GP
tupac back

Ya, so I watched the battle, and the crowd was super wack, organic tried to play arcane by cutting him off and destroying his momentum in the first. Caustic had a couple angles, but he’s just not as good of a writer or rapper as arcane is, to me. His voice sounds crazy, and he tries very hard to the point of being obnoxious.

Side note: let caustic complain that arcane is going too long. That’s his prerogative. Organic doesn’t need to stop it. People paid to see the battle — caustic GOT PAID to battle. Why they tryna short change the people who paid money for it? To appease the people that they paid instead of the people that paid??? Makes zero sense to me.

Anyway, arcane was had a lot of decent stuff, some bad stuff tbf, but also some shit that IF it was said by someone else that people “like” that wouldve shaken the room (albeit, in a room that was much better and had actual battle rap fans). The energy was just bad overall, and I’m not sure who to blame that on.

Better late than never I guess, but the truth is, battle rap has evolved beyond both these dudes to where they can’t compete in today’s era

Last edited by 6000GP; 02-07-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:17 AM   #40
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
holy shit does Arcane stink now

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, 8212, 8217, 8220, 8221, wd7