Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
This Week in Culture Vultures: URL Promotes DitD, but KOTD Wants the Footage

Old 10-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #81
Coolstoryhoe

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Coolstoryhoe probably likes in here/hair word play
@6000GP exactly what am i projecting? do you know what projecting means? fail and a half
Coolstoryhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #82
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Isn't coolstoryhoe one of the British KOTD haters? I could be mistaken, or maybe the Canada/UK beef is over. In any event, if I'm right I doubt he's biased in defending kotd
Old 10-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #83
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Nah, I can't tell u URL, TG, of anyone else's side of this, but I CAN tell u that I don't care lol

But I think u've missed my point. The details of how this came about aren't important to me.
I think people are just confused whether you were being disingenuous with your concern for finding the truth in your OP or if you were being facetious and don't really care for the facts.

Quote:
Lmao, this shit wild man....

Aight, someone please make sense of this for me... URL partners with TG for DitD. URL cosigns the event and promotes it through multiple media outlets, including making several promotional videos and posting them on the URL youtube channel. With the URL stamp comes unrivaled legitimacy and respect that u can't buy.

Pretty sure that kotd had just as much opportunity to pick this card months and months ago, but chose to pass on it.

But, out of nowhere, I see these posts:

So, if I'm understanding this correctly
, URL partnered with TG for DitD, spent time and resources promoting the event, and after the event is over, now kotd is ONCE AGAIN, riding off of URL's wave and taking the footage WITHOUT any investment of their own?

Is this not some slimey, pathetic shit? Or am I missing something?

I gotta hand it to kotd tho. They're not even trying to hide how shitty they are or how they rely URL for survival. Well played, vultures. Well played...
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:38 AM   #84
Coolstoryhoe

"With the URL stamp comes unrivaled legitimacy and respect that u can't buy."

" now kotd is ONCE AGAIN, riding off of URL's wave"

"Is this not some slimey, pathetic shit?"

"I gotta hand it to kotd tho. They're not even trying to hide how shitty they are"

"Well played, vultures. "

this is some of the shit you said, these examples are all from ONE single post of yours. But i am the one projecting, lmao

Last edited by Coolstoryhoe; 10-08-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #85
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolstoryhoe View Post
@6000GP exactly what am i projecting? do you know what projecting means? fail and a half
Well first of all, which one of us is "hostile" or "upset"?

And are u sure that's not YOUR underlying issue? Because I have no idea what ur talking about. I don't have any anti-white attitude, and I would LOVE to see even one small example of that.

Basically u got me completely wrong and are mischaracterizing me, but I'm used to it so whatever...
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #86
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
welp someone doesn't get it.
Nah you're just an idiot who can't make a point. Read what you said over again until you realize how dumb it is.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #87
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I think people are just confused whether you were being disingenuous with your concern for finding the truth in your OP or if you were being facetious and don't really care for the facts.
I was being facetious
Old 10-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #88
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Without knowing the business going on behind the scenes (And honestly, not really caring), I am just looking forward to seeing the battles and not having to subscribe to another bait-ass channel just so I can see the battles I want to see from this.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:47 AM   #89
Coolstoryhoe

Quote:
Well first of all, which one of us is "hostile" or "upset"?
I think it would be the one calling KOTD shitty, slimy, pathetic, vultures etc

Last edited by Coolstoryhoe; 10-08-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #90
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Whoever made the thread about update threads fuckin shit up was right. I already know what happened to a certain extent. I might watch 1 or 2 of these battles.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #91
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I was being facetious
Well clearly.

Have fun with your non-scandal outrage thread then.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #92
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolstoryhoe View Post
I think it would be the one calling KOTD shitty, slimy, pathetic, vultures etc.

Well, idk if that's the proper context, but when u put it that way, I suppose it is a bit indicting

Sorry if I offended u
Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #93
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
GoldenFlamez is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
we gonna pretend like this card would even have popped off if URL didn't "borrow" sketch from KOTD?

also, by all accounts KOTD swept the battles (Bigg K, Illmac, Real Deal/Daylyt, etc....)
i hope you're trolling right now....
GoldenFlamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #94
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Beasley look like charles barkley with sickle cell.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #95
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
URL has to give KOTD charity footage

LMAO

URL >>>
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 AM   #96
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFlamez View Post
i hope you're trolling right now....
Naw, he's being dead serious

KOTD nerd birds really think this way, it's sad

Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #97
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
"Culture Vulture"
A scavenger, circling the media, looking for scraps of originality to add to their conceit. They sport eclectic styles and tastes, always recognisable as having been borrowed without adaption or refinement from elsewhere."
I have very eclectic tastes. I think I might be a culture vulture.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 AM   #98
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Holy shit... this is why I hate the internet. Because every anonymous dumbass turns into a different person online. It's no wonder, the only people I fuck with or respect from this site aren't anonymous user names.

Hating KOTD just because is like the number one hobby of the anonymous on this board. I've been critical of KOTD on this site (Casual can tell u... I didn't shut up about the sound issues at BO3 for months) - but you guys just do it because you are fat, phony, insecure wiggers with poor social skills. TIME.

That being said, I spoke to Teddy earlier and here is the answer to your entire dumbass thread -

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:09 AM   #99
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Holy shit... this is why I hate the internet. Because every anonymous dumbass turns into a different person online. It's no wonder, the only people I fuck with or respect from this site aren't anonymous user names.

Hating KOTD just because is like the number one hobby of the anonymous on this board. I've been critical of KOTD on this site (Casual can tell u... I didn't shut up about the sound issues at BO3 for months) - but you guys just do it because you are fat, phony, insecure wiggers with poor social skills. TIME.

That being said, I spoke to Teddy earlier and here is the answer to your entire dumbass thread -

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

from the man himself
Old 10-08-2014, 03:13 AM   #100
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:

Just stop. You're on KOTD's dick now cause you're a moderator for their talk back group. What exactly was URL supposed to do? Teddy Grizzle did use their name to promote the event and a bunch of their MC's.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:13 AM   #101
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
and btw is teddy grizzle white or black ?

i really think its offensive and racist for him to have an izzle in his name if hes white ....
Old 10-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #102
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #103
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
Just stop. You're on KOTD's dick now cause you're a moderator for their talk back group. What exactly was URL supposed to do? Teddy Grizzle did use their name to promote the event and a bunch of their MC's.
u are speaking as if kotd or teddy stole something from url .... im assuming u have some insider knowledge about URL getting the shaft ???
Old 10-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #104
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

That screen shot just kinda proves OP's point right. They piggy backed off URL for the event and then KOTD flew in and scooped the footage.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #105
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:

Luke killin these randos and anons. Luke for Mayor of Minneapolis.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:17 AM   #106
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
That screen shot just kinda proves OP's point right. They piggy backed off URL for the event and then KOTD flew in and scooped the footage.
?

i didnt realize i was arguing with uh ... someone like this

carry on
Old 10-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #107
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
u are speaking as if kotd or teddy stole something from url .... im assuming u have some insider knowledge about URL getting the shaft ???
No I'm wondering what their arrangement was. It is still being talked about as a URL event on MTV.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:19 AM   #108
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Oh look. Another anonymous poster.

Too bad some of us know who you actually are so it isn't fun anymore.

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 10-08-2014, 03:21 AM   #109
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:

I'm not anonymous you Coogi sweater wearin hood hoppin fruit cake. smh
Old 10-08-2014, 03:21 AM   #110
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
I'm not anonymous you Coogi sweater wearin hood hoppin fruit cake. smh
- Sent from Illinois

Old 10-08-2014, 03:25 AM   #111
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I'd like to know more just out of curiosity.

Maybe URL was paid to promote the event and Smack's idea of promotion was uploading a Johnny Storm vlog and a few tweets, and Teddy Grizzle was expecting more. My guess would be it was some type of bad business or a misunderstanding like that.

That would kind of make sense..URL doesn't usually fuck with PPV events as bootlegs take away from hype and views..and Smack didn't even show up for the event. They probably never had intentions of getting the footage or they'd be doing something about it right now.
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:27 AM   #112
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Seems like URL decided to not have anything to do with it after awhile.

No one from the URL even showed up to the event.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:28 AM   #113
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:

He's JVL.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:32 AM   #114
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
He's JVL.
Why you got ruin the fun snitcheriffic? I like the confusion. He thought he was so smart posting my location. Since you like ID people so much. Who are you IRL?

Last edited by ukallday; 10-08-2014 at 04:09 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:37 AM   #115
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
if you don't think smack has already received monies from timmy gruzzle you are a fuckin fool!!!
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:38 AM   #116
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

@ErikForeman why is your mod breaking forum rules? I thought we had a zero tolerance policy goin on. I think you should give me his job.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:41 AM   #117
TeddyGrizzle
TeddyGrizzle

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
TeddyGrizzle is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
https://twitter.com/TeddyGrizzle44/s...41492172349440

That tweet was from three hours ago, and he's still apparently calling it a URL event. RapGrid is still calling it a URL event. Between this and the AFR interview, it sounds to me like Teddy's still up in the air with what's happening with the footage, so maybe we shouldn't rush to judgment just yet.
its from rapgrid.com i copy n pasted the link and honestly blanked on changing it. getting it changed now.
TeddyGrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #118
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrizzle View Post
its from rapgrid.com i copy n pasted the link and honestly blanked on changing it. getting it changed now.
So please elaborate on your arrangement with URL and why the footage is now going to KOTD. You got a lot of interested lemmings here. The floor is yours.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:51 AM   #119
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:53 AM   #120
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
smack said he would pass on arizona...

thats nash!!!
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags