Battle Smack/URL Proving Grounds Presents: Loso vs Scotty

View Poll Results: Who won?
Loso 0 0%
Scotty 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Proving Grounds Presents: Loso vs Scotty

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:41 AM   #2
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
When this went down everyone was saying Loso 3-0....

I got Scotty winning pretty clear. Loso is a great performer, and has amazing crowd control, especially considering how new he is. But, I'm not a fan of the reaches with the word play, and all the sports bars. Word play doesnt go over my head, but it just sounds like gibberish to me at some point. Like yeah, I see what you are doing with this, and it is pretty creative, but if it doesn't have real substance its frivolous to me. Loso was great, its just a preference thing.

Scotty is original and pretty unique to me. I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for him from now on.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:49 AM   #3
DonnieDarko1023

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DonnieDarko1023 is not the worst person
Scotty is my preference but his second was shorter then Loso and the 3rd is debatable

Scotty got the first
Loso got the 2nd
3rd is debatable

Loso is going to get killed on URL
DonnieDarko1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:34 AM   #4
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'd say this is my favorite battle to have dropped from NOME 8, and the Houston crowd was especially on point for this battle. Loso and Scotty both did really well in my opinion, I personally edged it to Loso by a slight margin, but if you gave it to Scotty I understand, they both did their respective styles really well. I'm interested to see how Loso does against Chef Trez in a small room on SMACK Vol. 3, and I hope URL brings Scotty back for another battle, I'm surprised it took 3 years for Scotty to get another battle on there after his PG against Dre Dennis.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Dope battle to open up NOME8, I had Loso 2-1 off crowd reaction but I preferred Scottie overall. He’s a great representation of the south, his first round i keep going back to it and hope to see him back on URL. Loso’s material is too fomulaic for my liking but I guess the crowd ate it up.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
This battle is all about Scotty's first

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #7
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
This turned out to be my favorite battle of the night. Id never seen Scotty perform before. Hes got the X factor, even in spite of having hometown backup. Loso is never below 7/10 in his performances. A good showing by both.
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags