Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
who ghostwrote jc's bars vs chilla

Old 12-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
who ghostwrote jc's bars vs chilla

reading them on genius and the person who wrote these 100% did not write the horrendous shit vs illmac and even someone's c-game resembles the structure they write in

i don't know anybody in url and haven't actively watched battles in years so unsure if this is a known thing but genuinely curious

honestly the writing structure sounds like pass heh

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 PM   #2
irvsykeg

my god chilla is terrible lol

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 12-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
those battles were five years apart and his style changed a lot in that time. that's just how he used to sound
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Watch a lot of JC's battles on the smaller leagues around that period and he definitely had the same style.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
my god chilla is terrible lol
You're just mad cause your girl is a FRENCH HORN
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
those battles were five years apart and his style changed a lot in that time. that's just how he used to sound
lol that's not how styles change

Old 12-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Watch a lot of JC's battles on the smaller leagues around that period and he definitely had the same style.
link me plz

Old 12-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
lol that's not how styles change
oh okay sorry
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
link me plz

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #10
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
i dont get the logic... JC is known for being an excellent writer

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:14 AM   #11
irvsykeg

an excellent writer to you is not an excellent writer to me. i have only seen him vs illmac and his writing was horrific in that. someone pasted me chilla verses and they were very good and complete opposite of illmac shit. unless dude got into drugs or some shit, you don't change your style from tightly written abba schemes with sound punches purposely contained in a carefully cultivated flow to.... loose fitting garbage w/ horrible punches/wordplay and zero structured flow. idk maybe the dude did just completely fall the fuck off while completely abandoning his original natural style lol

if ur saying he had the jc vs chilla style in that same period, but not after, id say thats more likely he had help

Old 12-02-2018, 12:22 AM   #12
irvsykeg

again, i ain't even seen dude's battles besides like 2/3 vs greg and reading chilla, so maybe i'm just legally retarded. but i am pretty familiar with battle writing and all dem tingz, bruv. there's levels to this shit and its obvious when someone's writing is way diff. given they're like 5 years apart or some shit, maybe he did just fall of completely tho. that sucs

yall really think mosh jelton aka winona ryders bush with kobe bryants foot aka the mascot for forced multi suddenly could fit together several solid multis on the same topic on an angle that was already above his paygrade? i do not

shits interesting to me tho, genius having da lix is ill cuz i can skip the writing quickly. one day maybe ill have time and FIND THE REAL WRITER!!!

Last edited by irvsykeg; 12-02-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:41 AM   #13
irvsykeg

some of the chiller bars sounds more like foreman than current jc

Old 12-02-2018, 12:43 AM   #14
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
you don't change your style from tightly written abba schemes with sound punches purposely contained in a carefully cultivated flow to.... loose fitting garbage w/ horrible punches/wordplay and zero structured flow
What if he noticed that shifting to the latter made him exceedingly more popular
Quote:
Old 12-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #15
irvsykeg

LOL jc vs charlie juxtaposed with jc vs this chef trez guy is like completely different people LOL there's no chance he wrote that shit back in the day mayne

you don't devolve from that level of style to the wack shit he spts vs trez or greg

even if you just don't give a fuck and you're here to collect a chick, your brain's ability to think in properly rhyming multis that utilize compound words and known phrases doesn't dissipate

unless this dude on some flowers for algernon shit where he reverting back to his original retarded self, 100% absolutely i'd bet your guys' lives on it that at least 90% of the earlier shit is someone else

Old 12-02-2018, 12:57 AM   #16
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
What if he noticed that shifting to the latter made him exceedingly more popular
that doesn't even make sense from any logical standpoint at all and is just a dumb post

Old 12-02-2018, 01:02 AM   #17
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
that doesn't even make sense from any logical standpoint at all and is just a dumb post
How is consciously changing your style to fit into what more people react positively to illogical? That literally happens all the time in every single artform

He's inarguably way more popular with the style you hate than he was with the style you like
Quote:
Old 12-02-2018, 01:15 AM   #18
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
kinda reminds me of how daylyt went from a punchline heavy style to a more associative wordplay style with a lot of esoteric references. i feel like his stylistic change was a downgrade and that he'd win more battles if he kept to his vs rich dolarz style, but ppl seem to rate his writing style more now than before even though i don't care for it.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:05 AM   #19
irvsykeg

ugh, non-sequiturs, correlation to causation, jesus. there is nothing hinting at or establishing that he consciously did anything. it's a random "what if" that's exponentially less likely than my theory.

what was the initial impetus to shift his style so dramatically? what catalyzed the bizarre regression from solid writing to terrible writing in the first place? he flipped a coin one day to decide whether he'd arbitrarily knock his writing game down 4-5 levels and see if it resulted in an explosion of popularity? i think if you understood the writing better you would realize how fuckin stupid that is.

here is what's likely happening: he had ghost writers for sure early on. his popularity has nothing to do with writing style because 99% of fans don't know the difference anyway. you got 10.8k posts on a battle rap message board and you don't understand it.

i skimmed a few other rounds in between chilla and he goes on long-winded tangents that exhibit none of the skill or purpose of the surrounding schemes. that's not really a thing people do. you also don't alternate between extremely wack, lazy, and basic af played punches to pretty solid, tightly written ones.

dude goes from "his shit i cant stand, christopher reeves" and "paraplegic, that's the shit i can't stand fam" in the same battle which dropped a month after chilla?

the battle wit chilla where he setup like 80% of his lines with internal abba and half abba's

and then did that like 0 times against this AQ guy? LOL wtf is this shit: https://youtu.be/-4D9raKD-_A?t=198

LOL here's how you rate the possibilities so far:

most likely: it was just the natural progression of... regression.. similar to how conor mcgregor used to KO people with one shot from insanely precise, split second counter lefts... and naturally now he throws wild haymakers and turns around with his hands down

very possible: maybe conor is just purposely not using all of the ingrained skills he had earlier, because now he's the biggest fighter on the planet and him getting KO'd has made him popular.

not very likely: a dude who alternates between relatively high level writing and extremely poor within the same month in 12 and is somehow worse in 2018 had ghostwriters

Old 12-02-2018, 02:19 AM   #20
irvsykeg

fwiw

Old 12-02-2018, 02:34 AM   #21
irvsykeg

https://genius.com/Urltv-tay-roc-vs-jc-lyrics

not consistent with most other shit

Old 12-02-2018, 04:50 AM   #22
shifty-c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
shifty-c probably likes in here/hair word play
emcee goddess
shifty-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:53 AM   #23
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica

This is probably the closest I've seen to JC using his old style in awhile.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:57 AM   #24
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
fwiw

Haha! Statistically proves that JC didn't give a shit about 100 Bulletz. Math, son!!!
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #25
irvsykeg

just a lower view count is all, ranks 38 out of 65 logged. it's to teh left of charlie, the 0 i a period of inactivity since the axis has dates involved

Old 12-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #26
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
an excellent writer to you is not an excellent writer to me.
Easy solution. Follow this

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #27
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
this is battling's #metoo moment
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #28
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
JC sucks and OP is a fag. Please kill yourself.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #29
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty-c View Post
emcee goddess
i should

Old 12-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #30
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
JC sucks and OP is a fag. Please kill yourself.
WTF is your PROBLEM

Old 12-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #31
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Lahh this thread is weird
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #32
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
i mean tbh i also used to like JC way more back then than i do now. but just cause some of us don't like his new style doesn't mean it has to be the case that he used to have ghostwriters. that's a pretty huge random assumption to make. writing isn't the only element of battle rap or we'd all be sitting here reading text battles. the dumbed down bullshit he does now is probably a lot easier to perform in a way a drunk/lit crowd can easily understand and appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #33
irvsykeg

its not a random assumption. pretty obvious he has/had ghostwriters if u are competent at writing or spend lots of time thinking about lyrics. wjich isnt this board obv.

See, you gotta learn to jab and take hits
But this not for scrubs now we got a problem
Shawn threw him in the octagon with boxing gloves
I tried to tell my girl what I wanted to try
'Cept she was worried it was something they wouldn't buy and it would be damaging
So scrambling to fix it I could manage it
Told her I knew it was a risk but I could handle it
That wasn't suppose to be that cold
But it goes to show where your stars are
And throwing punches in the octagon exposes em to an arm bar
See a large part of this game is a mismatch
But I'm first on deck and I'm not moving
I'ma make y'all master the Euro step
Bitch quit with that bullshit you spit
This my top spot stop watch and I'm cock blocking
I don't want nobody in this bitch
Now, when my squad's involved you better hope meds is in
When I'm poppin' off this shit real my men will leave shit peeled (pilled)

that's terrible and the person who wrote the chilla shit would never write that. half it doesn't even make sense or flow. but whatever, i legit thought it could be like a known thing he has ghostwriters or known accusations and was curious who. idc if u still like him, i wasn't tryin to ruin santa for yall

Old 12-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #34
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
its not a random assumption. pretty obvious he has/had ghostwriters if u are competent at writing or spend lots of time thinking about lyrics. wjich isnt this board obv.
Maybe you should discuss it with your rapper buddies instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #35
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1QfrBDB3k

This is probably the closest I've seen to JC using his old style in awhile.
only checked a round and thats nothin like his older shit and i cant stand how he stops after any sound at all. so annoying someoe drops their keys and hes like shaking his head yellin shit THIS LIGHT while starting over

Old 12-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #36
iamHBY

Quote:
only checked a round and thats nothin like his older shit and i cant stand how he stops after any sound at all. so annoying someoe drops their keys and hes like shaking his head yellin shit THIS LIGHT while starting over
Then you would really hate his DNA battle. Maybe part of that is why that battle is 50 minutes long.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #37
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Didn't read the whole thread. JC is dope and can easily beat 75%+ of battlers with his pen game.

He's either upper mid tier or lower top tier. Be honest. When's the last time you heard somebody say they hate JC?

Exactly.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:56 AM   #38
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Didn't read the whole thread. JC is dope and can easily beat 75%+ of battlers with his pen game.

He's either upper mid tier or lower top tier. Be honest. When's the last time you heard somebody say they hate JC?

Exactly.
i don't know anything about what folks think of JC

i would say the pen game in the chilla and tay roc battles are vv good i just don't think he wrote them

Tags
metoo