Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Decade - Who's ordering the PPV?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Decade - Who's ordering the PPV?

I'm really hoping that a few more announcements are made before I make my decision. Curious as to who is gonna be going to the event, and who's copping the PPV. I'm kind of on the fence at the moment, but a crazy announcement may sway my opinion.

Cheers!
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm going to order it. Seems like KOTD is getting back to there roots
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I kinda want to support, but it is a really boring card. The thought of paying for Rich, Jimz, Charron etc pains me. If they let us order individual battles, it will be much better so I can just watch Pass, Ars and Pat and sod the rest.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Already got tickets to the event. Bought them a bit earlier on and was honestly expecting this card to be pretty great considering the circumstances.

Very disappointing overall. Hoping that KOTD has a couple big announcements left but that seems unrealistic at this point. They need a couple main event level announcements and I can't imagine them having saved them up for the last week.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Aftershock
VIP

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
I'm hearing there is only one announcement left and I don't think there is a video announcement for it
Aftershock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
Casual

Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
I'm hearing there is only one announcement left and I don't think there is a video announcement for it
Yikes. That's rough.

Shoulda just called this one Flatline 4 tbh.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
Aftershock
VIP

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Yikes. That's rough.

Shoulda just called this one Flatline 4 tbh.
I mean, I might be wrong - this is the same comp that had Diz/Hollow show up outta nowhere.
Aftershock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
If there is only one announcement left I really hope it's a banger. Crossing my fingers for Twist, Pesci or Hollohan.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #9
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Event lookss dope. I never buy events tho
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Not buying the ppv. A year ago I was buying every event kotd put on, I'm fine with just watching them as they get released now. Would love for them to announce a card that made me want to buy again.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #11
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm not getting the PPV. The last announcement might sway my opinion but I don't think it will.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:07 AM   #12
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
No pesci osa 24/7 dlor hollohan twist CL yung casper notez daylyt eurgh EK reverse topr foreman fresco etc no $ from me

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:44 AM   #13
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
I was originally going to get the PPV either way just to support and because it was the decade event, but this just feels like a whatever event, not a 10 year anniversary for KotD.

The Head Ice meme was cool for a bit but it ran its course. Chilla is boring as fuck. Shit battle. Charron vs jimz is shit. Pat vs Arsonal rematch...ehhh. Cool to see Rich back, not against award.

If I can just get Math vs Saurus for 5 bucks I'd do that, but yea, even if they announce the 24/7 vs Illmac battle that they agreed to on the Bender memorial, I'm just gonna save my money.

Sorry to come across like I'm a typical ungrateful battle fan and I wanna support Kotd but this shit is just trash to me.

Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:14 AM   #14
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
No pesci osa 24/7 dlor hollohan twist CL yung casper notez daylyt eurgh EK reverse topr foreman fresco etc no $ from me
Iím definitely copping the PPV but reading through that list of names you just mentioned brought a tear to my eye.

Friggin legends...
Old 12-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #15
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Yep. This is who I wanna see too. Plus Osa and Rone.

Bout to watch old notes battles. That dude was absurd
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #16
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

My heart hurts that Bender can't be a part of this shit.

RIP King.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #17
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Yep. This is who I wanna see too. Plus Osa and Rone.

Bout to watch old notes battles. That dude was absurd

Second best 2v2 team of all time.

Canada's Necro/Ill Bill.

Last edited by Casual; 12-04-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #18
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
My heart hurts that Bender can't be a part of this shit.

RIP King.

Would have been such a good event to have Bender vs. Pat at.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #19
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
0 chance so far
Old 12-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #20
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIKQUmOJzo

Watching now.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #21
Casual

Quote:
Watching now.
Notez might be the most underrated in KOTD tbh.

He's entertaining af in the background of Osa's rounds here lmao. His adlibs are great too...."You said you sell 30s for 20s cause you get em for 10"...Notez in the background "We don't beleeeeeeeee you"
Old 12-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #22
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Watching now.
Gotta say that might be the worst editing in battle rap audio I've ever seen.

That aside, Stitch might've been a problem if he stuck around and polished his rhymes.

No troll.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #23
Casual

Quote:
Gotta say that might be the worst editing in battle rap audio I've ever seen.

That aside, Stitch might've been a problem if he stuck around and polished his rhymes.

No troll.
Beastmode spent all their audio budget on cheap bongs to raffle away at events, they were really for that culture.

Yeah, Stitch is a great rapper but it wasn't the best format for him. Dude absolutely murders beats though...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqgE5AtAfVP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1l3zFBFNA/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfvy4ljnzJT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiKczMsB9Rb/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWSEtBhiz8/

He's actually the current BET Freestyle Friday Champ.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #24
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Beastmode spent all their audio budget on cheap bongs to raffle away at events, they were really for that culture.

Yeah, Stitch is a great rapper but it wasn't the best format for him. Dude absolutely murders beats though...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqgE5AtAfVP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1l3zFBFNA/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfvy4ljnzJT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiKczMsB9Rb/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWSEtBhiz8/

He's actually the current BET Freestyle Friday Champ.
a) thanks for the update on this cat, glad he's still doing his thing.
b) take this rep
c) that beat on the fifth track you posted from him is pure poison.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #25
Casual

For anyone who isn't buying the PPV anymore, highly recommend repurposing that funding to cop Soul vs. Illmac. BOTY contender for sure.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #26
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIKQUmOJzo

Canada's Necro/Ill Bill.

YOooo I don't think I've ever seen this actually. I thought I watched all Notes battles.

He had some hunger games reference that was really simple but sounded tough as shit.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:43 PM   #27
Casual

So I guess this is really the whole card eh? Honestly not sure why they didn't just push it back more, or just call this GvG4 or something.

I can't think of a KOTD card that's fallen shorter of expectations than this one (on paper).
Old 12-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #28
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
the card's decent for what it is but yikes
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:50 PM   #29
Casual

So apparently the last announcement was supposed to be Arcane vs. Madflex but it fell through.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:49 PM   #30
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
So apparently the last announcement was supposed to be Arcane vs. Madflex but it fell through.
I'm very clearly in the minority when I say I actually like Arcane. He takes time with his lines. Even if you hate him, watch his battle vs. Chedda Cheese:

Dead ass one of my favorite KOTD battles.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:17 AM   #31
mek

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom HAAANHKS View Post
I was originally going to get the PPV either way just to support and because it was the decade event, but this just feels like a whatever event, not a 10 year anniversary for KotD.

The Head Ice meme was cool for a bit but it ran its course. Chilla is boring as fuck. Shit battle. Charron vs jimz is shit. Pat vs Arsonal rematch...ehhh. Cool to see Rich back, not against award.

If I can just get Math vs Saurus for 5 bucks I'd do that, but yea, even if they announce the 24/7 vs Illmac battle that they agreed to on the Bender memorial, I'm just gonna save my money.

Sorry to come across like I'm a typical ungrateful battle fan and I wanna support Kotd but this shit is just trash to me.

wtf what battle is that?
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:56 AM   #32
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
I'm very clearly in the minority when I say I actually like Arcane. He takes time with his lines. Even if you hate him, watch his battle vs. Chedda Cheese:

http://youtu.be/EdmdV4OBfdA

Dead ass one of my favorite KOTD battles.
Arcane always comes prepared, never chokes, and comes to win. Is he amazing? Nah, but he's definitely capable of surprising people with some amazing performances.

griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:07 AM   #33
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
Arcane always comes prepared, never chokes, and comes to win. Is he amazing? Nah, but he's definitely capable of surprising people with some amazing performances.

Put Cane in the pit format and he is dope, his style simply doesn't translate to the big stage though.

Notez is to battle rap what Charron's set ups are to actual lyricism. It is technically rapping, but only just. When we have Geechi, no-one needs Notez. Plus he got 3:0d by Wizeguy... fucking Wizeguy...
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT

Last edited by Emancee; 12-06-2018 at 02:09 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:21 AM   #34
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
not a make or break for me buyin the ppv or anything but this woulda been a cool battle
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #35
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I was hopin for 1 of 2 things with this event. Either a total KOTD throwback with a bunch of canadians and people we haven't seen in years. that was my 1st choice. OR a big time main event type card with a bunch of Pat vs Arsonal shit had potential too. This event being "kotd decade" is weird with a few cool battles but I don't think I'm buyin the ppv
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #36
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Damn for real? I actually like that matchup

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #37
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Pat Vs Ars
ICE vs Chilla
Cortez vs Pass
Jimz vs Charoon
A Ward vs Porich
Math vs Thesaurus

Is that the full card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #38
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Pat Vs Ars
ICE vs Chilla
Cortez vs Pass
Jimz vs Charoon
A Ward vs Porich
Math vs Thesaurus

Is that the full card?
Hoping not. 6 battles @ 90 second rounds + interviews + promos = not sure if I should drop a 30 on this.

Decade happens in 2 days. Please kill us KOTD with a final banger. I'm WANTING to give you my $, but I NEED a reason.

Really want to see a mind blowing announcement. Keeping the faith.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #39
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Hoping not. 6 battles @ 90 second rounds + interviews + promos = not sure if I should drop a 30 on this.

Decade happens in 2 days. Please kill us KOTD with a final banger. I'm WANTING to give you my $, but I NEED a reason.

Yeah I'm definitely not gonna bother with this one.

This is a by the numbers event, it doesn't feel like a celebration of their entire 10 year existence. It's not a terrible card, it's just very meh. It probably seems worse because KOTD haven't really done anything notable for awhile and a lot of us were expecting them to really pull out all the stops for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:13 PM   #40
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:

Final banger....... .... ... Red Flag vs Joey Gambello

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
12484, 55356, 57211