Battle Smack/URL Presents: Gemin1 vs Soul

View Poll Results: Who won?
Gemin1 2 18.18%
Soul 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Presents: Gemin1 vs Soul

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Possibly the worst Soul ive ever seen.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:04 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle of da bruvs, innit guv.

Unfortunately a super mediocre battle with a few highlights.

Round 1
Not sure Wop and the N-word are equivalent, Gem. His racist angle was a good one against Soul, but it wore a bit thin towards the end.

Soul kinda chose the wrong approach here. I think maybe the booing gave him too much energy and he was just spazzing out if you weren't listening intently it was easy to miss the bars.

Round 2
Soul needs to learn how Gem is controlling the crowd. He is speaking some wackness (That Scrooge bar, lol) in places, but he is controlling the crowd and making his point clearly. Some good material toward the end with the knife and gun bars.

Soul has calmed down a bit and is doing better. He is emphasizing things and making his point clearly. He is more consistent, but doesn't have the highs of Gemin1.

That said, 'You shoved me' makes everyone look bad, lol.

Round 3
Gemini seems to have a message to get across and I like that better. He is basically breaking down effectively how out of touch Soul is. He needed to tie it all, the bars about privilege and Soul being emo, together a bit better as the ending bar would have destroyed if he'd lined everything up better.

Soul is kinda spazzing, but again without being able to rewind live, I can see a lot of guys missing things. That said, being able to rewind shows that a lot of the time Soul is putting a lot of impact into bars that aren't really hitting hard (A Crash Bandicoot reference... on URL... in 2019?!?). It is almost Pat in Europe levels of build up for nothing.

Overall
Tough one to call, both pretty even in their subparness to me. I'll call it on my favorite bars which come from Gem's second, but could easily see myself changing my opinion on rewatch (Although I probably won't bother rewatching this one any time soon!).
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, Charron gun bars, kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins, wearing bad clothes choices so you can rebuttal, Stone Cold/ cans...

Last edited by Emancee; 02-13-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:07 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also noticing I am the only vote for Gem so far. Haha! It's going to be another one of these. Come at me bro!!!!
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, Charron gun bars, kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins, wearing bad clothes choices so you can rebuttal, Stone Cold/ cans...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:04 AM   #5
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2904 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Gemini has some good writing here but it's mixed in with his awful reactions to his own bars and some cringe worthy angles. I thought the angle in his third was the strongest, but almost every thing else was a complete whiff. And the dude needs to stop rapping for 11 minutes. He did the same against Shox, and he ends up with a ton of garbage mixed in. I couldn't sit through his material a second time.

Soul didn't really adjust well for the crowd but I thought he was pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
soul was really good off the strength of his first two rounds
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #7
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
i like how this battle starts within 60 seconds cause URL knows none of their core audience is watching so why bother with the advertisements.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #8
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Soul wasn't as bad as some ppl were claiming. He didn't get bodied either, what a surprise.

That being said Gem has now beaten shox and soul pretty comfortably and in my mind is the best in the UK deservedly.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #9
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Trash and don’t care who won. Both adjusted terribly to URL
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:47 AM   #10
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
So URL finally decides to be nice and put a couple UK nerdbirds on a big card and what happens? They both suck LOL. Figures.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:27 AM   #11
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
shouldn't have been on smack , gem changed his whole style for smack , soul has been better i'd edge gem 2-1 though
Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 PM   #12
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Check reps people
Old 02-15-2019, 06:12 AM   #13
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Let's not try this again.

Wasn't even that bad a battle, 2-1 either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags