Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > Hall of Shame
Original Content Beards and Battles: KOTD and the Charron vs HFK Debacle

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 12:46 AM   #1
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Beards and Battles: KOTD and the Charron vs HFK Debacle

Before we start, I want to make one thing clear: both of us are KOTD fans. We have been for years, and most likely we still will be in the future. Unfortunately, we’ve grown tired of a lot of the pig headed, egotistical decisions the league has taken. From everything from the disrespect of this site, to its admins, to the horrific debacle that is the Charron vs HFK battle, it’s quite clear to us the league has become completely out of touch.

Since this is co-authored by both Ledge and Seanzo, we will be specifying for each paragraph who is speaking.

Ledge:
First off, KOTD choosing these two (Charron and HFK) to represent their brand on a major outlet is absurd. There are so many better people then two incompetent little kids that don't realize that talking about giving each other head is no bueno on morning television, especially when a legitimate black cloud hangs over the 'sport' of battle rap in the first place because of violence, obscenities, etc. One can only assume that because these are two young dudes, that most likely live off their parents and have no jobs, that they were available to do it for free; which I HOPE is the only reason the poor PR job here happened...even still an interview from Organik would have been better, and then a curated video package of a good battle (which these two clowns have never participated in).

But it only gets worse...

Sean
When this battle went live, as one could expect, moral outrage rang through CTV’s Twitter and Facebook page. Seeing this as kind of funny, I took to Twitter using the RMBVA Twitter account to make some fake moral outrage tweets. For those who don’t know, I run the RMBVA Twitter and sometimes post controversial things through it. Anyways, this fake moral outrage was as follows

Clearly sarcastic, not my best jokes, but jokes nonetheless. About a half an hour after the tweets, I receive messages from Erik Foreman, King Fly, and Organik. Both King Fly and Foreman to mention that Organik is pissed off at me, and then Organik to criticise me for making these tweets. Somehow, despite the fact there were dozens of complaints, CTV executives had seen the tweets I made, screenshotted them, and sent them to Organik. Whether they were the only comments screenshot or not, they did end up being shown to him.

With this, I was sent a sarcastic message by Organik about the tweets, and I was blamed for backlash KOTD were getting from the HFK battle. This was put on my shoulders; I was treated as being wholly disrespectful to KOTD, not being a supporter and causing issues for them. As if these tweets I put out are just another example of how disrespectful RMBVA is to KOTD. This was detrimental to their brand, and because of my tweets they were now in trouble with CTV. Seriously.

Ledge:
With all that said, it’s easier to represent how one should feel about being reprimanded and how delusional it is from an outside perspective in this situation. We don’t want Sean to gets slapped on the hands for something he isn’t responsible for again. There is one fault in this whole issue, and that lies with KOTD. You are blaming, the fact that you are getting backlash on one of your biggest support systems? The fact that you CHOSE to put two battlers on, that are awful rappers who talk in immature manners in every battle in the pasts is NOT RMBVA’s fault...it’s NOT Sean’s fault. You set yourself up for all of this. I mean it’s as clear as day when you have 70 year old women having to reference ‘two terrible artists talking about fellating’ on CTV’s Facebook page. I hate to break it to you, but I don’t think those women saw Sean’s tweet. I can actually guarantee they didn’t.

I’ll digress from KOTD’s delusions for a second about whose fault this is. Organik or whomever the masterful PR person is at this current juncture. You want to put the best representation of yourselves and your company out there, and YOU failed. Not us, not Sean, not CTV.

S
In truth, I could not imagine a battle that deserved to be banned being any softer. HFK and Charron decided to write blow job jokes--yes, blow job jokes--that rightfully weren’t shown on breakfast TV. Anyone with half a brain watching this would realise this was going to go poorly and would not be received well by the audience. If you’re going to get banned, why not make a point? Why not try to show that battle rap shouldn’t be on TV by going all out as viciously as possible, criticise the audience, at least make some sort of point? As it is, they did just enough to get banned from TV, but not enough to actually be funny or interesting. What a complete embarrassment.

Furthermore, this attempt to control media into not speaking about KOTD is completely egotistical, out of touch, and disrespectful. If you look at RMBVA, it is a board frequented mainly by fans of KOTD, yet it is one that KOTD frequently shits on, and Organik has even gone as far to call it a cancer on battle rap. We post links to PPVs on the banner for the site for free; we have provided numerous matchup suggestions throughout the years; if you go back far enough, when RMBVA was RapMusic, KOTD even used to set up matches based on threads on the board. RMBVA, and RapMusic, have greatly benefited KOTD since its inception, and the league would be in a far worse place without them.

I won’t list all of the work I’ve done for free with KOTD, or where I have helped out, but, before live PPVs, I live tweeted events that I traveled to and paid to attend. For example, t BOLA5 I was the first person to tweet out the Diz punch (as well as the rest of the event); I also tweeted out Blackout 4 and BOTB6, spending hours at each event buried in my phone, wildly typing, giving the company free marketing. This was a thankless task, never even acknowledged by the league, yet even sarcasm posted about an embarrassing scene is worthy of reprimand.

L
Now to get away from the ridiculous accusations that Sean garnered behind the scenes; I’d like to point the awful reactions from the parties involved.

Here is a report from someone who claims to have worked at CTV:

This further shows how AWFUL of a decision this was. The one time golden boy Charron, stated it was such a productive day and had the nerve to insinuate he thought it was funny. HFK, first off, this guy hasn’t been put on in what, 2 years? When he told Fresco he’d suck his dick? You chose HIM to represent your brand. Then he goes and pretty much bigs him and Charron up for being savages (lol k) and went as far to declare this is what the culture is. Could you imagine two URL battlers saying they will suck each others dicks on live television? They would NEVER be booked again, based on it being in a battle, let alone representing the brand on live television. There are so many instances of battlers being on television and having it be a positive accomplishment. They’ve hosted events on BET, MTV, they’ve CLOSED Award shows with musical performances, so on and so forth….and this is what we’ve gotten from KOTD. This behavior on all fronts is deplorable and there should be internal blame handed out throughout the ‘company’. (again not Sean, nor RMBVA)

S
I feel the need now to reiterate that we are still KOTD fans. We do not hate KOTD. We will still support the league, but what this entire incident has shown is that the egos involved in this situation kept Organik from taking a look inwards at his mistake to allow the battle to happen, the mistake of Charron and HFK to spit such awful offensive material, and the fault of KOTD to not accept that it happened and they deserve criticism. You cannot protect your brand at the expense of fans. If you do something worth criticising, or that someone feels is worth criticising, you have to take that in stride and move on. You do not, and will not ever, deserve universal praise from this board, or any media outlets, and they are not extensions of your company. They are their own private entities where fans go to find out about your league and discuss it.

L
If you cannot take these criticisms, then ignore them and we wouldn’t be having these problems. If you don’t want to ignore the fans, then understand that everyone has issues in certain aspects and deal with them without lashing out. If two randoms, that are cancerous to your agenda can see these issues, then we have problems. Run yourselves like professionals, and smarten up.

S
RMBVA is not a cancer on battle rap; the idea that a fan website could be detrimental and horrible is.

And for fuck’s sakes. Don’t Flop is on Channel 4 kicking ass in England. Step your fucking TV game up, KOTD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 02-16-2016, 12:53 AM   #2
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
What a mess..

Good point on Don't Flop. They seem to be a hell of a lot more media savvy and get featured regularly on national tv and press in a credible manner
Old 02-16-2016, 01:00 AM   #3
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
I hear what you are saying and agree how horrible this sounds from KOTD, but seriously @Seanzo if you want to be snarky and make jokes on twitter just use your own account. I don't know why you need to post under RMBVA for things like this. I know Organik can tell the difference between you and the board but I don't see how RMBVA has anything to do with this? It's between you and him right?
Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 AM   #4
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
The level of delusion it takes for Organik to think this board is anti-KOTD or a "cancer to the culture" is unreal. I've always found it hilarious how terribly a company that peddles rap battles handles any sort of criticism.

We're not nearly as sinister as Charron's rhymes, KOTD. I promise.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
Old 02-16-2016, 01:02 AM   #5
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
if its not on url it don't count

jk, but forreal this shit getting intense
Old 02-16-2016, 01:04 AM   #6
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
poor judgement on seans part for sure, but ultimately the fact that hfk and charron dont know better and followed it up by seemingly not caring and boasting about it on social media was also in poor judgement. it's not your fault they made themselves look bad in a moment where they could've brought some good attention to kotd and battling. however the comment sarcastic or not could only be seen negatively from an outsiders prospective. like why even tweet it? what was the purpose if you dont mind me asking? just my 2cents.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:06 AM   #7
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
I hear what you are saying and agree how horrible this sounds from KOTD, but seriously @Seanzo if you want to be snarky and make jokes on twitter just use your own account. I don't know why you need to post under RMBVA for things like this. I know Organik can tell the difference between you and the board but I don't see how RMBVA has anything to do with this? It's between you and him right?
Eh, the account had 50 followers before I took it over and now it's over 1600. I feel like, yes, I probably shouldn't post personal feelings, but it does get people to check out the board and isn't really that detrimental.

Also, the tweets weren't at all a shot at KOTD. I don't even see them as that poor of timing. I mean, I deliberately misspelled positivity.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 02-16-2016, 01:08 AM   #8
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Talk that shit Seanzo/Ledge.

Just catching up on the whole situation and it's hilarious. I consider Organik and KOTD to generally have the best business sense of the major leagues, but my god what a miscalculated decision.

Even beyond the fact that these two bottom-mid tier bums spit jokes about sucking each others dicks...they're just not that good. They aren't what you should use to showcase talent. Especailly HFK who doesn't even show up on main cards anymore...what's the point of that? If somehow he got on the show and didn't suck what good would it be when people search him up and realize he only gets battles in Mississauga?

KOTD has always been pretty shit at taking criticism though, even if you say it in a constructive way they'll just back into a corner and get all defensive.

I mean, there's this guy named Rone who is pretty fucking good...he's also involved in an upcoming title match...he also has some charisma and isn't likely to embarrass you and your brand on live television. Maybe give him a text next time.

Last edited by Casual; 02-16-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 AM   #9
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
It's like if DF used Big J and Chris Leese on Channel 4 instead of Shuffle and Marlo.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:10 AM   #10
Celph Taut
Godly..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Celph Taut has seen da-feet
LOL, Organic blamed you for this??? Hahah. What a fucking joke.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #11
Oscar Wilde

In Organik's defence, HFK and Charron might have been the best he could get given time constraints and location.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #12
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
kotd can't find a lane between being street based and being white corny nerd rap so they've got a conflicting image and content base which leads to a lot of miscommunication

url markets street shit and gives street shit

dont flop markets being based around their bars and delivers that

kotd markets this dark dungeon battling thing

and now we've got kid twist vs rone

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Old 02-16-2016, 01:15 AM   #13
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe View Post
It's like if DF used Big J and Chris Leese on Channel 4 instead of Shuffle and Marlo.
or wizard and pedro

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Old 02-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #14
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm just here so I don't get fined.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:17 AM   #15
Oscar Wilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
or wizard and pedro
Wizard is the GOAT

Pedro is trash however
Old 02-16-2016, 01:18 AM   #16
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
the more i hear about the details about this, the more embarrassing it gets.

i feel bad for organik having to get caught up in this, but he really shouldn't get mad at the criticism. we have every right to criticize 1) how he chose charron and HFK to represent KOTD and its fans and 2) how he chose for them to actually battle on live television when there was no way it could have gone smoothly.

KOTD is very accessible because it caters to all styles of rappers. but somehow, they completely messed this up. they literally could have chosen ANYONE else to battle or -- if no one better was available -- not have a battle at all.

not to mention that this bullshit could've costed a producer's job. as funny as i think offending old people is, there's a time and place for it. this wasn't one of them.

also, this just reaffirmed battle fans' perception of KOTD being synonymous with corniness.

Last edited by peace; 02-16-2016 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:23 AM   #17
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
or wizard and pedro
Yeah I was gonna go with Big J and Pedro but I wasn't sure if people here still liked Pedro or not.

Wizard though >>>>>
Old 02-16-2016, 01:28 AM   #18
Agro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Agro is a PY Poster
bro idk why you dudes are surprised

charron and hfk are those geeky kids who repost shit on facebook from pages like meninist and think theyre savages because they make edgy remarks
Old 02-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #19
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post

charron and hfk are those geeky kids who repost shit on facebook from pages like meninist and think theyre savages because they make edgy remarks
they're the type to act like idiots and national TV and retreat to Facebook like "lolol i am le epic troll!"
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:31 AM   #20
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post

read.

that's not what the post is about.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:39 AM   #21
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
can you please embed this underneath charron and HFK's posts about being escorted out @Seanzo

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
Old 02-16-2016, 01:41 AM   #22
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
we should post on the news facebook page that we stand in solidarity with them against hfk and charron!

RMBVA supports you, ctv!!!!!!!

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:43 AM   #23
brodeezy

in all seriousness tho

if ur gonna be on a fuckin old person news channel rapping and wanna stir up controversy in a demographic that doesnt and will likely never support your artform and/or brand, at least try and prove some political point thats gonna russle jimmies and get people talking about actual issues. dont write jokes about sucking dicks. terrible look for an artform that has a hard enough time being taken seriously

art is meant to stimulate thought before all else. that can be used to stimulate discussion. when you want to stir up controversy by way of art, it has to be thoughtful.

this is just fuckin stupid. "HAHA WE MADE DICK JOKES WE'RE SAVAGES MAN RESPECT THE CULTURE THIS IS OUR ART FORM FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!" this is the type of shit that holdsthe culture back

fuck your shitty idea @OrganikHipHop and fuck your misuse of this platform @Charron @hfk

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:

Last edited by brodeezy; 02-16-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:44 AM   #24
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
in all seriousness tho

if ur gonna be on a fuckin old person news channel rapping and wanna stir up controversy in a demographic that doesnt and will likely never support your artform and/or brand, at least try and prove some political point thats gonna russle jimmies and get people talking about actual issues. dont write jokes about sucking dicks. terrible look for an artform that has a hard enough time being taken seriously

art is meant to stimulate thought before all else. that can be used to stimulate discussion. when you want to stir up controversy by way of art, it has to be thoughtful.

this is just fuckin stupid. "HAHA WE MADE DICK JOKES WE'RE SAVAGES MAN RESPECT THE CULTURE THIS IS OUR ART FORM FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!" this is the type of shit that holdsthe culture back
deezy snappin!!!!!
Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:45 AM   #25
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
edit. forget it
have better things to do
Old 02-16-2016, 01:46 AM   #26
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
can you please embed this underneath charron and HFK's posts about being escorted out @Seanzo

u/catchinplayz seems like a fucking herb lol
Old 02-16-2016, 01:47 AM   #27
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILTH View Post
edit. forget it
have better things to do
like what tho

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 AM   #28
brodeezy

and smh i just read the OP in full

typical organik trying to shake off taking responsibility for his own actions yet again and blaming everything else for his problems

hes such a bitch

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:49 AM   #29
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:

Got you.

Also, your post was brilliant. That's exactly what I've felt. Like, they did enough to get banned but not anything interesting. "We made dick jokes and got banned from TV. Haha go us!" is so pathetic.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 AM   #30
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Got you.

Also, your post was brilliant. That's exactly what I've felt. Like, they did enough to get banned but not anything interesting. "We made dick jokes and got banned from TV. Haha go us!" is so pathetic.
brody snapped
Old 02-16-2016, 01:53 AM   #31
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
this is the price ganik had to pay to have charron shout KOTD out in his mothers eulogy.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:54 AM   #32
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
The level of delusion it takes for Organik to think this board is anti-KOTD or a "cancer to the culture" is unreal. I've always found it hilarious how terribly a company that peddles rap battles handles any sort of criticism.

We're not nearly as sinister as Charron's rhymes, KOTD. I promise.
I have learned over the years of supporting multiple leagues and multiple battlers that you can say 1000 nice things and they won't remember, but the first time you criticize or say something negative you will get classified as a "hater" or "anti ____"

The persecution / underdog complex is very real in this community
Old 02-16-2016, 01:55 AM   #33
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
in all seriousness tho

fuck your shitty idea @OrganikHipHop and fuck your misuse of this platform @Charron @hfk
I feel the same way about cadalak ron, and the (potentially racist) morons that supported his "art", but I digress... None of this shit, from the goofiness of charoon and hfk, to the response from kotd is surprising to me, AT ALL

You guys have seen how king fly and organik respond to criticism, in general, and even on here, they were caught red-handed trying to hijack URL's PPV last year, and completely denied it, and had the fucking nerve to try and make me out to be the bad guy. Looks like business as usual, imo.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:58 AM   #34
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

hahahaha holy fuck

God damnit
Old 02-16-2016, 01:59 AM   #35
brodeezy

shouts to @The Wise Owl for that screenshot of the CTV worker's response

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 02:23 AM   #36
cdizzle

cdizzle is not the worst person
Who is KOTD REALLY trying to cater to here? Are people upset that KOTD isnt going to win over the 50+ demographic because of foul language and sexual discussion on television? If they went up there, said some silly pg stuff at eachother would it really been any better? Say they said some things that really impressed the elderly women watching at 9 am, they then get on their AOL connection and look up KOTD and are 40 times more offended then by what they saw on TV...LOL I dont understand.

Obviously HFK and Charron arent the best reps for the league, OBVIOUSLY...But I dont understand being upset at their language. If anything I think it's the best way they could have delivered it.

Organik being upset at tweets is silly though, this kind of publicity and twitter complaints would probably be good. When has bad press EVER been bad for hip hop??? lol some people are so out of touch
Old 02-16-2016, 02:25 AM   #37
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post

Obviously HFK and Charron arent the best reps for the league, OBVIOUSLY...But I dont understand being upset at their language. If anything I think it's the best way they could have delivered it.

Organik being upset at tweets is silly though, this kind of publicity and twitter complaints would probably be good. When has bad press EVER been bad for hip hop??? lol some people are so out of touch
no, no, and often.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 02:26 AM   #38
cdizzle

Quote:
no, no, and often.
Solid, well thought out response my man
Old 02-16-2016, 02:29 AM   #39
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
Solid, well thought out response my man
what else needs to be said that hasnt already been said?

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 02:31 AM   #40
cdizzle

Quote:
what else needs to be said that hasnt already been said?
Im just saying this is battle rap, who cares if people get offended.
Closed Thread

Tags
6000gp ignores wife on valentine's day, 6000gp wears bedazzled jeans, 8216, 8217, 8230, detour, heelseanzo, heelseanzo in da house, profess loves the cock, riffic is on an ultra light beam, riffic is the tallest, riffic's got sweet shoes