Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Say what you want about Street vs Nerd - Nerds make way better music.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #41
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
only ones worth mentioning
You subliminally just named the best rapper remotely associated with (modern) battle rap, well done
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #42
WassPoppinB
Banned

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Don't think we need to really
this lame still on my tip,i was talkin to the guy i quoted so whats that WE shit all about??you tryin to organize an army to go against me since u cant do it alone??sheesh and i thought i was so insignificant lol

btw dont forget the ignore option dont be all emotional since iam a troll just ignore me....
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #43
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
1.) no truly good music makers in battle rap

2.) no real differentiation between street/nerd battler except if you're racist

Sent from mah muthafuckin trap burner using Slapabop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #44
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WassPoppinB View Post
this lame still on my tip,i was talkin to the guy i quoted so whats that WE shit all about??you tryin to organize an army to go against me since u cant do it alone??sheesh and i thought i was so insignificant lol

btw dont forget the ignore option dont be all emotional since iam a troll just ignore me....
Yeah can't really have people on ignore if I'm raising an army. Where would I get my intel?
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #45
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jereurghmy View Post
2.) no real differentiation between street/nerd battler except if you're racist

Obv not true, there's a definite difference between GT/KOTD/DF and SMACK/URL battlers. You're only racist depending on how you explain the difference
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #46
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
Quote:
Obv not true, there's a definite difference between GT/KOTD/DF and SMACK/URL battlers. You're only racist depending on how you explain the difference

then what is dna is he a grindtime battler or a url battler? if he did both is he nerd and street? same thing with conceited

what about charron he battled shotgun suge on url? with gun bars. does that make charron a street rapper now?

what about aye verb talking about nerd shit? or ars referencing spongebob?

all battle rappers are nerds for even wanting to battle, just like they are all street for wanting to be a part of such a fundamental part of rap music

think about it like this- we wouldnt say pat stay is a street battler, but in his elementz league what is that other than street battling? is it nerd just because its canada?

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Quote:
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Old 11-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #47
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
then what is dna is he a grindtime battler or a url battler? if he did both is he nerd and street? same thing with conceited

what about charron he battled shotgun suge on url? with gun bars. does that make charron a street rapper now?

what about aye verb talking about nerd shit? or ars referencing spongebob?

all battle rappers are nerds for even wanting to battle, just like they are all street for wanting to be a part of such a fundamental part of rap music

think about it like this- we wouldnt say pat stay is a street battler, but in his elementz league what is that other than street battling? is it nerd just because its canada?

Like everything else there is grey area. There's a difference between spoons and forks even though sporks exist
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #48
riffic
RYD ;

I'd also call it backpacker and not nerd because I didn't know people over 17 even used the word nerd
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #49
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Quote:
Like everything else there is grey area. There's a difference between spoons and forks even though sporks exist

in general and historically though not much difference between the two, they achieve the same purpose

Im just bored of all yall talking about it like this lol its useful marketing tactic/discussion tool to divide battlers up like this but I think these arguments is what holds us back- such a strong division in fanbases means we can never come to one conclusion about shit and a lot of battlers stay away from each other and stick to their own niche instead of battling everybody and anybody, meaning matchups get played out. whens surf gonna battle bender? whens bill collector gonna battle tiger ty? the world will never know

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #50
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Quote:
I'd also call it backpacker and not nerd because I didn't know people over 17 even used the word nerd

that same distinction fucks up regular rap music too- kanye switched sides why cant everybody else? the backpacker/street debate is really a product of our divided, classist, racist, mad different ist society

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #51
riffic
RYD ;

Talking

Quote:
that same distinction fucks up regular rap music too- kanye switched sides why cant everybody else? the backpacker/street debate is really a product of our divided, classist, racist, mad different ist society

Oh it only fucks things up if you invest wayyy too much emotion into it like the people on this board do. It's just artistic preference
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #52
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
no battle rappers on either list make good music. the nerds make typical nerd shit that you wont ever put on a playlist unless ur dickriding and the street rappers make tracks that try way too hard to be a mainstream catch n shit that you'll never play twice unless ur again dickriding.

battlers music sucks as a whole. saying any of them make good music is just bullshitting for the sake of an argument lol

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #53
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
TopR >>>>>

Caddy Ron actually makes some dope music.

And while his music certainly isn't for everyone, Everybody Knows can make music. His mind is just so out there that its kinda abstract and doesn't really appeal to a large number of people.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #54
riffic
RYD ;

"Good Gravy in the Morning" by NoCanDo and some Illmac songs are the only battler music I revisit. Cee Major seems promising
Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #55
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
oh shit thanks man, maybe I'll send you my last.fm and you can go through the rest of my music preferences and tell me they're terrible.
i mean arent u doing the same thing to ppl that prefer url rappers music over kotd rappers music?

not that i think ppl listen to their music but..

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #56
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also, Sahtyre >>>>

Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #57
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Shotty, Bender, Soul Khan and Illmac i actually bump.
DFD as well but i don't see him as a battler
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #58
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
battle rapper music died with scribble jam to me.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #59
WassPoppinB
Banned

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
u right bro ill still push ur shit in tho
PAUSE

(see i dont only coment about race i do homophobic coments too)
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #60
Kingpen
BANNED CAMP

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Kingpen is not the worst person
in my personal opinion all these motherfuckers are nerds.

*SALTINE SWAGGA CREW*
*DOES CALISTHENICS WITH BIG T CREW*
*ANAL DESTRUCTION TASK FORCE COMMANDER*
Kingpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #61
brodeezy

Quote:
u right bro ill still push ur shit in tho
i kno thats why its in my sig to remind me every time i post

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 11-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #62
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post

this is the only thing youve ever said i agree with

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #63
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post

this is the only thing youve ever said i agree with

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #64
Brandon Miller

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Brandon Miller is a PY Poster
only battle rappers music I listen to is Dumbfoundead

-Big L
Brandon Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:05 AM   #65
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
thread so true

even the mid tier nerds making better music than top tier streeters

averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #66
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
even the low tiers for that fact

Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 AM   #67
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i cant believe you made this thread im about to shit my pants
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:16 AM   #68
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
fuck u op

Old 11-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #69
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

thats called swagger
Old 11-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #70
averagejoe
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
thats called swagger
maybe to a street dude

this is real swagger

Old 11-21-2014, 03:10 AM   #71
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
Indian housewives own more gold than the United States in total
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #72
Jay Legend
VIP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Jay Legend is not the worst person
360 and Ness Lee are easily the best
Jay Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #73
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
goodz wont get mentioned because this thread is about putting down black street rappers (URL) and praising white backpacker rappers (KOTD)

he even tried to say bigg k was a KOTD rapper/nerd

i bet if Bigg K was black and rapped exactly the same a lot of KOTD fans would say hes garbage
i'm neither white nor a backpack rapper. gtf
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #74
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Legend View Post
brad pitt's dad's kicks
agreed

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #75
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I don't know about street vs Nerd but I do have a theory that mid tier and low tier battlers make better music than top tier battlers

I believe it's because top tier battlers are so punchline heavy and scheme heavy they don't really work on the other aspects of music like rhythm and especially melody
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #76
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
no battle rappers on either list make good music. the nerds make typical nerd shit that you wont ever put on a playlist unless ur dickriding and the street rappers make tracks that try way too hard to be a mainstream catch n shit that you'll never play twice unless ur again dickriding.

battlers music sucks as a whole. saying any of them make good music is just bullshitting for the sake of an argument lol
Again the difference is the "nerd" or "backpacker" or whatever term you want to give most of the KOTD rappers appeals to there target market

The URL stuff is appealing to there own target market
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #77
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Again the difference is the "nerd" or "backpacker" or whatever term you want to give most of the KOTD rappers appeals to there target market

The URL stuff is appealing to there own target market
Yea except that URL fans in general say that the music is trash as well, in fact they are pretty harsh on the battlers they fuck with as dad as music goes
Old 11-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #78
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
i'm neither white nor a backpack rapper. gtf
im sorry idrk who u are
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #79
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
im sorry idrk who u are
never took u for a newbie son

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #80
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
Yea except that URL fans in general say that the music is trash as well, in fact they are pretty harsh on the battlers they fuck with as dad as music goes
yup, 100%.

and nerd fans have a tendency to close their eyes to how trash a lot of that nerd shit actually is because they're hipsters. url fans are straight up about quality

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:

Tags
fuckouttahere, tryharder