Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Hollow Da Don AMA

Old 11-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
basedgodtarank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
basedgodtarank is not the worst person
Hollow Da Don AMA

Hollow Da Don is doing a 'Ask Me Anything' over at reddit. It allows people to ask him any questions they would like, and he'll be on at 4pm/PST 7pm/EST to answer the questions. Should be dope. Heres the link to ask some questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/rapbattles/...k_me_anything/
basedgodtarank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
This should be good
Old 11-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
bobbylight

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
It says in the reddit link, from the wikipedia, that he went 8-2 in the houston division and was considered for mvp? lol, if anyone was watching battles back then the houston division was a joke and it was generally accepted that everyone in the division other than zeale and phranchise were absolute trash.

His team might have gone 8-2 with two losses to zeale and phranchise, but it was a bottom tier division and there is absolutely no way he was considered for mvp.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #4
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
*Smack voice*

"Hollow the da da da da da da don"
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #5
basedgodtarank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
basedgodtarank is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
It says in the reddit link, from the wikipedia, that he went 8-2 in the houston division and was considered for mvp? lol, if anyone was watching battles back then the houston division was a joke and it was generally accepted that everyone in the division other than zeale and phranchise were absolute trash.

His team might have gone 8-2 with two losses to zeale and phranchise, but it was a bottom tier division and there is absolutely no way he was considered for mvp.
Yeah thats wikipedia for you.
basedgodtarank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:23 AM   #6
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
[–]The_Plow_King 6 points 2 hours ago
Is there a line that another battler used against you that stands out? I always liked Passwurdz line: "How are you a standup division when your foundations hollow."
[–]Donlennonlom[S] 2 points 17 minutes ago
Stand up niggas don't lean and Shang Sun line Clios use....room shakers that hurt my pride lol
Lux the goat always standing out
Old 11-30-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster

WHATS FUCKING GOOD

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
(neg me all you want i'm too big to fail now)
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #8
iamHBY

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Hollow saying that the BOTB people are looking shaky in the AMA makes me feel like this Hollow/Pat match isn't going to turn out well.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 AM   #9
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post

WHATS FUCKING GOOD
Hollow knows what's up.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:06 AM   #10
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
@yeppm stop taking battles for monetary gain and do it bcuz you think the opponent is dope
Q: What is your opinion on the new talent / rookies being brought up? Are there any that stand out to you in particular?
Should there be a penalty for the top tiers who show up to a battle unprepared (i.e. Clips recent battles, Calicoe vs Ill Will, etc)
Favorite battle you've ever done?

Quote:
My favorite battle I done is me vs Lux and I do think there should be a stipulation in the contract if a battler chokes or comes unprepared
Q: Sup wit it Hollow,
What are your thought's on Thesaurus?
What's your favorite bar of recent memory?
You'll be remembered as one of the greatest in this game and I'm eager to see what you've got in the bag for Pat Stay.
Peace.

Quote:
Thanks fam!! I think Thesaurus goes in battle rap history books as one of the greatest of all time....more for his earlier work than recent but I'm not mad if someone put him top 5 greatest bcuz he father the game
Q: Is there a line that another battler used against you that stands out? I always liked Passwurdz line: "How are you a standup division when your foundations hollow."

Quote:
Stand up niggas don't lean and Shang Sun line Clios use....room shakers that hurt my pride lol
Q: What's your favourite bar that most people haven't heard before?
permalinksavereportgive goldreply

Quote:
I master bars....I'm nicer than A Catholic Mom on the Pastors Arm reading passage from the Chapter Psalms" said in 2010 vs Amzilla
Q: Hey mean, respect to you for doing this. I have a few questions?
Which battles are special to you in anyway? Whether you were involved or not, which battles have always stood out to you and why?
Is there a battle you'd love to see happen? Who would it be and one what stage?
What do you think about battling contracts? How do you think they'll affect the battle rap scene?
Lastly, I like to learn about people by the music they listen to. Since you make music, I'm guess you listen to a lot of music, too. So what music do you think has had the biggest impact on you?
Quote:
Mann!!! Let me find out your an actual journalist lol but just to name 3 Serious Jones vs Jin Thesaurus vs Illmac Con vs Ars and Hitman vs Verb and 4 special battles I will always love.....I think battle contracts are bogus unless they being it both parties and the most touching music is songs I can play 20 years from now like 2Pac "Dear Mama" John Lennon "God" Kanye West "All Falls Down" Whitney Houston "Bodyguard" just timeless stuff
Q: I consider your Tony Parker scheme against Clips one of the best in battle rap history. Can you talk about how you came up with the idea for the scheme?
Quote:
I notice how the crowd was becoming the 3rd man in the battles and help decide them. So I thought what is the best way I can use this to my advantage because nobody has done it yet. I figured I Rock em to sleep with the Tony Parker/Mayweather and then make them feel stupid on the Kit Kat because I figured it be mostly Clips fans trying to predict my line since I just pulled his card about being predictable
Q: Who would you like to face in the UK Battle League 'Don't Flop', if you ever got the opportunity?
Followup, do you keep up with the UK Battle Rap scene?
Quote:
I honestly keep up with more of the music scene than the battle scene....Bonkaz and Yung Reeks are my favorite artists
Missing out bruv
Quote:
Give me some names....I only watch Shotty, Cruger, Marlo/Shuffle & O'Shea
riffic92:
Check out Raptor vs Tony D, both are dope & put on a great battle. Also Soul vs Cee Major

Q:Which PG battlers are on your radar going into 2016? What album is getting the most spins of 2015?
Final question, Otbva or Rmbva?
Sike I lied, BOXDEN WHAT UP :iseeyouplaya:
Quote:
Rmbva all day!!! The other site is a troll/culture vulture and I'm still jammin J Cole Forest Hills Drive
Q: Do you actually want a rematch with Arsonal?
Quote:
No!!! I'm entertaining it because the fans keep asking for it
Q: More than any other battler it seems like you make it clear you stand for something, loyalty, anti-corporation, ect. What are your overall goals with these messages?
Quote:
I want to become an motivational speaker/activas and help people devalue money and materialistic things that only being temporary happiness....my ultimate goal is to help ppl learn to love themself and appreciate life
Q: My car wont start and ive already been to every mechanic out there. They say the problem is my intercom. Or my generator. They aren't quite sure. Any recommendations?
Quote:
It's probably your alternator lol
Q: Have you tranny checked by K-Shine. (Quest was vicious with this).
Quote:
What does tranny checking consist of?

Q: What should everyone sno about da Don?
Quote:
I eat my boogers
(lol wtf)

Q: Hey man, crazy of you to be doing this, gonna throw you a few questions of the top of my head : 1: would you consider battling your career, and do you make enough money from battling to make it your career, or do you think battling will ever be viable for others that are even doing bigger/ more battles than you to be a career? 2: What's your opinion on the recent k-shine / charron fiasco? 3: Do you watch a lot of battles? And if so what leagues / battlers do you watch? 4: what kind of ice cream flavour your favourite?
Quote:
Between my clothing line and doing 1 to 2 battles a year I do clear enough to not have to work a 9-5 luckily and I'm not to big on leagues I'm more the type to watch certain battlers no matter what league they're on. Kshine was clearly wrong for smacking his hand and Charron was wrong for smacking his hat, very childish on both sides....Rocky Road is my shit
Q: Your "I'm not excited, noooo...." intro, why haven't you made that a full track?
If you have, pls correct me, because I've been looking around a fair bit. But if you haven't, I reckon you should cash in on that potential.

Quote:
I lost my confidence in doing music my guy! I think ima give that song to my boy Livio and let him do the verses.....I love to freestyle but hate recording
Q: Who is your favourite battler? Prediction for Surf vs Mook?

Quote:
I got Moon winning that one or it will be debateable
Q: yeooow first of all LOM AFD!!! now I got 3 questions- 1. whats your favorite soda to mix with syrup?
how legit does battle of the brave seem compared to other battle leagues youve worked with? is this gonna be a dizaster no hoffa or is this the real deal no white guy?
is there any possibility this battle will not happen do to complications with visas, payment, etc.?
hollow is goat that is all thanks for the ama famma
Quote:
Thanks bro!!! When I was sipping Big Red was my favorite and since I got my passport with no problem I should be good to go but these ppl are looking shaky if I'm being %100 honest with you
Q: Sup hollow, queens native here--
1)What is the best fan mail you have ever received? 2) Best spot to kick it in queens? 3) What's your writing process like?

Quote:
All day my guy!!! I love going to Roosevelt Island right outside LIC it's like another world and very peaceful....my writing process always varies depending on the opponent but I don't write full rounds.....only a bar or idea and I mapped out the round in my head
Q: What happened with you and John John?
Quote:
I punch him in his mouth and he lied and said he beat me up when we had a cornball type of fight with 10 ppl on and between both of us
Q:Was Lux really a bum on Jamaica Ave?
Quote:
He was panhandling for a very longtime
Q:have you ever met Eminem?
Quote:
Yes!!! One of my biggest moments in my life and he showed hella love
Q:How do you explain battle rap to people?
Quote:
Aggressive poetry
Q: do you read books?
Quote:
I really need to bro!!! I've brought several and haven't finished them. I think I got "Think Like TED" "Alchemist" "Pale Horse"
Q:What was your experience like living in Houston?
Quote:
I was raise in Houston as well as Ny so it's my home.....some cats just rap about it but it's in my blood, just let I wouldn't let no one talk down on NY in front of me I also wouldn't let then talk down on da H or Texas for that mattet
Q: I don't have a question, I just wanna know if I can get a signed LOM T-Shirt/Sweatshirt
Quote:
Write it in the notes when you order it and they will mail it to me
Q:drug of choice?
favourite hip-hop acts from the south?
thoughts on clips vs. lux?
in retrospect, do you feel like you abandoned grindtime when the league needed you?
Quote:
Weed & xans is all I do UGK Dj screw young Jeezy and ain't no loyalty in business, I will stand with a company until it's hurting my brand and then I got to move on just like they will keep booking me until I fall off and then they move on
Old 11-30-2015, 02:08 AM   #11
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Hollow saying that the BOTB people are looking shaky in the AMA makes me feel like this Hollow/Pat match isn't going to turn out well.
I'm not surprised at all. The fact that a league that just started could claim to book something as big as Hollow vs Pat was always going to raise an eyebrow.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 AM   #12
iamHBY

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
I'm not surprised at all. The fact that a league that just started could claim to book something as big as Hollow vs Pat was always going to raise an eyebrow.
I've been skeptical of them since the event got announced, but when one of the people in the main event is saying that the promoters of the league are shaky, it really doesn't bode well for the event being anything more than a potential trainwreck.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:25 AM   #14
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
the question is now......whats hollow screen name on here
track 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:41 AM   #15
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Hollow!!!
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:43 AM   #16
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by track 1 View Post
the question is now......whats hollow screen name on here
@hollowdadonLOM
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:51 AM   #17
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
thanks
track 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:56 AM   #18
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Loyalty Over Money
Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #19
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
RMBVA AFD BRUV (english accent)
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #20
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
sumbody ask him how much for autograph and/or to father my child
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #21
barack mo drama

Fucking lad bruv
Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #22
Emancee

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
sumbody ask him how much for autograph and/or to father my child
Amazingly someone did answer the first one. Apparently, you can get your shirts scribbled on by the diddidididdon for free with every purchase, yo!
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #23
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Amazingly someone did answer the first one. Apparently, you can get your shirts scribbled on by the diddidididdon for free with every purchase, yo!

no fuckin way
Old 11-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #24
averagejoe
©

u gonna tell me he will fuck my girl for free now too?

get outta here, u playin'
Old 11-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #25
barack mo drama

You guys see this shit

Last edited by barack mo drama; 11-30-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #26
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I remember that wrcs and houston was the worst division But hollow was still recognized as one of the best in the whole comp. A real partner and he could have done something.

I think Zeale and Phranchize were underrated because they came from a weak division
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #27
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I've been skeptical of them since the event got announced, but when one of the people in the main event is saying that the promoters of the league are shaky, it really doesn't bode well for the event being anything more than a potential trainwreck.
yeah I actually posted that question, I'm glad he was honest about it but I agree I'm not excited now. not excited at all.

ok maybe a little excited to see how fucked it will be- I made sure to ask if he'd have his visa/passport and as long as thats all squared away like da don said then at least he'll be at the venue so there will be footage.

I really meant to ask if he feels like this is a battle that'll even get released...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags