Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Resolution Aftermath Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 12:23 AM   #1
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Resolution Aftermath Thread

Was Cassidy's promo really exponentially more than what other battlers have already done, and how much were ppv sales affected by Cassidy's tactics?

After beating Roc and Cassidy. Would do we want to see Goodz face, and has his rate gone up?

Has Chef Trez earned a match with Hollow da Don?

Who you got for Geechi vs Surf?

Was this grudge event better than RBE's?

Why did T-Top's Walmart antic work or nor work IYO?

How much has Tay Roc's stock dropped?

An updates on NuNu's new show with Vibe Magazine?

Was JJDD right to put the Kibosh on Twerk's attempt to let a Goonies member drop 8 bars on him?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #2
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 04-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Shout out to a smooth ppv
"It felt like I was watching it on youtube."
-Qleen Paper

Event 7.5 PPV/promo 9.5
Old 04-29-2019, 12:38 AM   #4
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
even though I'm not really a hollow fan these days i couldn't see chef battling him until after a few more events

and john john, well, nah he should've just turned his back or something less aggressive. made him look like he had something to prove, aka, he was getting wrecked
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #5
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Was Cassidy's promo really exponentially more than what other battlers have already done, and how much were ppv sales affected by Cassidy's tactics?

It really was IMO, I too would be interested in seeing some graphic representation of the impact numerically

After beating Roc and Cassidy. Would do we want to see Goodz face, and has his rate gone up?

Yes, always been a fan; yes I'm sure it has

Sure why not? Trez fire

Geechi 10-0

Hmmn, Closure aint happened yet

NO. We know people work, some of these people are gangstas, Top in the vest was lolol

Doesn't seem like much- he loses quite a large percentage of his battles and always has, yet has continued to rise becoming the face of the league

uhm nah

Was JJDD right to put the Kibosh on Twerk's attempt to let a Goonies member drop 8 bars on him?

I hate me some "tag someone in" but shidd it saved him from a battle he already lost-gave him somethin else to harp on
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:19 AM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@Neanderthol

The definition of Cassidy's promo needs to be specified. Perhaps a list of his blog appearances is the first step
Old 04-29-2019, 01:24 AM   #7
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
even though I'm not really a hollow fan these days i couldn't see chef battling him until after a few more events

and john john, well, nah he should've just turned his back or something less aggressive. made him look like he had something to prove, aka, he was getting wrecked
If Jjdd kept his composure he could have big homied Twerk. I expected more of Jjdd because he did well vs hollow
Old 04-29-2019, 01:57 AM   #8
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
If Jjdd kept his composure he could have big homied Twerk. I expected more of Jjdd because he did well vs hollow
right, i kinda like John John, i was always a big fan of him v TheSaurus, Caustic, Reed Dollaz and Mr Wavy. but to me Hollow ain't been shit in a long time and Twork is easily the best out of every rapper mentioned in this post. (even though he was nicer before he got on SMACK) so, you already know what I'm sayin - it doesn't surprise me John felt intimidated or weak in front of Twork
Old 04-29-2019, 02:54 AM   #9
Profess
Smooth Criminal

T-Top anti up line vs Nitty was crazy because Nitty used anti up as a former punch. And MOP cause Nitty allegedly worked at Walmart.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:42 AM   #10
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So Jakkboy tried again to get his JJDD bars off during Drugz vs. Bad Newz at the Bullpen event, and from what he managed to get out, it was very mediocre.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:55 AM   #11
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
So Jakkboy tried again to get his JJDD bars off during Drugz vs. Bad Newz at the Bullpen event, and from what he managed to get out, it was very mediocre.
Didn't Jakkboy originally try to get his come-up off JJDD's name?
Old 04-29-2019, 09:43 AM   #12
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Genuinely wondering what Roc has to do to damage his stock. Hollow is the last even debatable match he has had and is still getting quality matchups. He seems to have that Clips thing of the casuals still not realising that the great hope is a pretty mediocre contender.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 04-29-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #13
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also TRez vs Hollow would be the most uninspiring main event ever!
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #14
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
@Neanderthol

The definition of Cassidy's promo needs to be specified. Perhaps a list of his blog appearances is the first step
Well off he top of my head Cass did:
15 minutes of fame interview
went on PSa radio and destroyed my dude 3 letter man for daring to question his confidence
he did Angryfans radio
he did Norbes's podcast
He put up a blog on his own YT page
Vada Fly put up that same footage in another blog he did
and then theres DJ Vlad which in itself is more exposure than most battles ever get

Moreso than the number of platforms and outlets he appeared on, it is the level of actual promo(the amount of cash money shit talking) he did. THAT IS WHAT WAS UNRIVALED

I mean the whole "exponentially more" thing is hard to quantify because there are those, like say an AyeVerb or Ars even Diz, that do promo and well, but Cassidy sort of "showed em how it is done"
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #15
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Genuinely wondering what Roc has to do to damage his stock. Hollow is the last even debatable match he has had and is still getting quality matchups. He seems to have that Clips thing of the casuals still not realising that the great hope is a pretty mediocre contender.
agreed, roc is mediocre.... i have yet to hear more than a couple solid bars from guy.. seems a bandwagon thing, people what, like his aggression?
Old 04-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #16
Feral Linguist
otbva

i also have Surf 2 - 1 over Geechi Gotti
Old 04-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #17
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Didn't Jakkboy originally try to get his come-up off JJDD's name?
Yup, so much so that the opening segment of his JJDD bars that he was trying to get off were just the same bars he had at Double Impact 2.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #18
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Yup, so much so that the opening segment of his JJDD bars that he was trying to get off were just the same bars he had at Double Impact 2.
It seems like there is a trend supporting a never get emotional movement. I wonder if following that is really sustainable. For instance, had JJDD done nothing when Twerk tagged in Jakkboy, can't it be argued that JJDD would become someone that can be gotten over on and therefore he would start encountering more disrespect?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:49 PM   #19
iamHBY

Quote:
It seems like there is a trend supporting a never get emotional movement. I wonder if following that is really sustainable. For instance, had JJDD done nothing when Twerk tagged in Jakkboy, can't it be argued that JJDD would become someone that can be gotten over on and therefore he would start encountering more disrespect?
Who knows. I donít think John John wasnít entirely in the wrong in cutting off Jakk.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #20
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
i also have Surf 2 - 1 over Geechi Gotti
Why do you have Surf over GG?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #21
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
agreed, roc is mediocre.... i have yet to hear more than a couple solid bars from guy.. seems a bandwagon thing, people what, like his aggression?
Roc seemed more suited as a hypeman at Resolution
Old 04-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #22
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Well off he top of my head Cass did:
15 minutes of fame interview
went on PSa radio and destroyed my dude 3 letter man for daring to question his confidence
he did Angryfans radio
he did Norbes's podcast
He put up a blog on his own YT page
Vada Fly put up that same footage in another blog he did
and then theres DJ Vlad which in itself is more exposure than most battles ever get

Moreso than the number of platforms and outlets he appeared on, it is the level of actual promo(the amount of cash money shit talking) he did. THAT IS WHAT WAS UNRIVALED

I mean the whole "exponentially more" thing is hard to quantify because there are those, like say an AyeVerb or Ars even Diz, that do promo and well, but Cassidy sort of "showed em how it is done"
I like the distinction you make about the level of hype and the amount of appearances. Perhaps checking off if future battles make as many promo appearances is beyond the scope of this board. That said, it could be the start of a useful metric if headliners want a percentage of ppv sales.. if they don't already do that
Old 04-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #23
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Also TRez vs Hollow would be the most uninspiring main event ever!
How so? They are both noted rebuttlers and one is new era and the other is multi era. It could make sense on a "Changing of the Guard" card
Old 04-29-2019, 10:30 PM   #24
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
How so? They are both noted rebuttlers and one is new era and the other is multi era. It could make sense on a "Changing of the Guard" card
I'll agree there, if it's a literal "night of main events" it'd be a sick style clash
Old 04-29-2019, 11:44 PM   #25
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Cassidy sucked. I told u.
steveelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:19 AM   #26
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
I was there, the event was lit af.

Overheard Cassidy telling a group of people that he really did lose to Dizaster and that Diz was the GOAT.

Good event tho
Old 04-30-2019, 01:35 AM   #27
iamHBY

Quote:

I'm sure Cassidy's promo tactics were effective in getting more eyes on the event, but I feel like he should've instead maybe put a little more effort into making his rounds better.

Goodz vs. Pat Stay seems inevitable, maybe even a rematch with Hitman Holla, I dunno.

I'd want to see Chef Trez vs. Hollow Da Don, but I need to see Trez do a few more big stage battles before I can confidently give a co-sign to that as a main event.

For Geechi/Surf, I got Geechi 2-1, since Geechi is consistent and versatile, while Surf hasn't gotten through 3 rounds cleanly in 4 years.

I think Resolution and Closure will be on par with each other, although outside of Millz/Ness and maybe Brixx/O-Solo, I'm not really looking forward to the card.

To me, T-Top's Walmart antic worked since he managed to tie it in with some of Nitty's biggest lines and take the power out of them.

Roc is like Twork at this point, he can lose a bunch, but his fans will guarantee that he always gets a big match. I personally think he should sit out until his Shotty battle in September, but I feel like him vs. T-Top has already been booked for either NOME 9 or SM9.

Haven't heard any updates on NuNu Nellz's show on VIBE.

Considering how mediocre the material was that Jakk was able to get out at the Bullpen event the day after Resolution, I can see why JJDD put the kibosh on that cameo (as well as the context of JJDD and Jakk having issues that go beyond battle rap, and also how JJDD thought Twork was going to have additional Goonies members jump into the round after Jakk).
Old 04-30-2019, 03:07 AM   #28
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Chef Trez is mediocre. Not interested in seeing him vs Hollow or any other big names.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #29
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Cassidy sucked. I told u.
Would you watch him battle again? I don't think he did great but I don't think he did awful either. In contrast to Goodz, who did great, he did look pretty bad.

I admire Cas' shit talking game. That said, I wouldn't want to watch a guy like Hitman or anther top tier guy wash him. I think Jay Mills would be a good match for him. Cassidy can get better. For instance, his first round was pretty good. And it was 9 mins. So if he had his spacing down then he could have had two good rounds right there.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:45 AM   #30
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
Chef Trez is mediocre. Not interested in seeing him vs Hollow or any other big names.
Do you think Trez has reached his peak?

I think he needs better comp to step his game up.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #31
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
I'm sure Cassidy's promo tactics were effective in getting more eyes on the event, but I feel like he should've instead maybe put a little more effort into making his rounds better.
I don't think Cassidy's writing style is going to change
#learn2code
Old 04-30-2019, 06:52 AM   #32
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
I was there, the event was lit af.

Overheard Cassidy telling a group of people that he really did lose to Dizaster and that Diz was the GOAT.

Good event tho
Tell us more about this group of people
Old 04-30-2019, 07:00 AM   #33
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Tac Roc had a nice run. Now he is ice cold like Math was before beating Hollow. Maybe Tay Roc gets another green jacket down the line. Who knows? So many people counted out Tiger Woods.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:04 AM   #34
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:

To me, T-Top's Walmart antic worked since he managed to tie it in with some of Nitty's biggest lines and take the power out of them.
T-Top's anti up line hit for a lot of reasons. Well said.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:41 PM   #35
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Tell us more about this group of people
Let em live
Old 04-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #36
iamHBY

Quote:
T-Top's anti up line hit for a lot of reasons. Well said.
To me, it's the difference between what Top did with the Walmart angle, versus Shotgun Suge switching to a chef's outfit against Chef Trez but not really tying it to anything specifically.

Tags
learn2code