Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
Sorry player

Rest in peace
Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #162
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
I think it was Sketch who brought it up on the Watch how with all the callbacks in Bender battles it almost feels like they all live in there own universe. It actually made perfect sense and I'm now convinced that Bender abides by the Tralfamadorian concept of time.

So it goes.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #163
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
I think it was Sketch who brought it up on the Watch how with all the callbacks in Bender battles it almost feels like they all live in there own universe. It actually made perfect sense and I'm now convinced that Bender abides by the Tralfamadorian concept of time.

So it goes.
ha! slaughterhouse five right?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #164
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by christywing View Post
We haven’t received the report yet. We know he passed in his sleep, and it’s about 95% certain it was from sleep apnea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dang it. i mean there's no good way for someone that young to go but sleep apnea is sooo ummm such a freak accident almost. most people with it don't even know they have it.

bender was too special for fucking sleep apnea
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:41 AM   #165
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Very upset to hear that the cause might be sleep apnea since this is something that can be managed without any real intrusive intervention (i.e. weight loss, lifestyle changes, cpap/bipap machines).
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:05 AM   #166
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
He was the best at these correlating rhymes

Eat gunfire like Bud Dwyer
Under pressure like Sunken treasure
Fucked up head problems like Hunter S Thompson
Stargazing like Carl Sagan
Charlie Sheen locked in a Pharmacy
Translucent as Stan Kubrick with the flag moving
Just royal flushed him, who the fuck is doyle brunson
Vladimir Lenin under glass at the Kremlin

To me this is some of the most creative shit
Robert Oppenheimer, atomic bomb designer

Henry Morgentaler, french abortion doctor
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #167
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by christywing View Post
I’m Bender’s sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very sorry for your loss. I have a couple of siblings I am close to and this would be heart breaking for me. Best wishes to you, your family, and friends during this tough time. He seemed like a jovial guy on camera.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #168
Jamal Richardson

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Jamal Richardson probably likes in here/hair word play
So did they ever say the cause of death? Was it really sleep apnea??
Jamal Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:28 AM   #169
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
do yall know if loe pesci or osa or even patience from flight distance have said anything publicly? i dont of any of them r active on social media and shit
JC
Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 AM   #170
Emancee

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
do yall know if loe pesci or osa or even patience from flight distance have said anything publicly? i dont of any of them r active on social media and shit
It looks like Flight Distance are doing everything through their official page http://www.facebook.com/pg/flightdistance/posts/. You can find lots of stuff about their fundraising efforts and the official statement there.

Quote:
On March 1, 2018, we lost a humble genius. Alex 'Bender' Buchanan was a man of many hats: MC, producer, writer, visual artist and battle rapper.

For many of us here in Ottawa — and far beyond — we were lucky enough to add the title of friend to that list.

Having Bender as a friend was a privilege. In the give-and-take of any friendship it was a barter system that always worked out in your favour. Trade him sleeping on your couch for a verse that would leave you transfixed and dazzled. Your last cold beer for a chance to bop your head to his beats of brutally beautiful boom bap. Offer up the glow from your TV set to see him destroy round after round of Jeopardy with Einstein-like instinct. Bender never disappointed.

His approach to his artistry was both obsessive and prolific and he has left us with many gifts.

In his far too brief career he gave us three full-length LPs as a member of Flight Distance, a large body of artwork with a focus on portraiture, hours of classic battle rap footage and countless social media posts that could rival the wit of any Harvard grad in a comedy writers' room.

In spite of all of this Bender never once made you feel like he was better than, or above you. He always made you feel like an equal.

Bender was humble. Bender was a genius. But on top of it all Bender was kind. If you offered up your heart to him he'd give you his right back.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:21 AM   #171
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think one of the interesting things is all the collaborations that were booked that we'll never see. Shotty Horrah tweeted that he was doing a posse track featuring Flight Distance, Osa, Loe Pesci and, erm, Briggz. It was going to be entitled Invasion of the Body Catchers, lol. Would have been dope to hear that combo.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #172
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
Sorry player

Rest in peace
Shit was good while it lasted.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #173
friedtable

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
friedtable is a PY Poster
Rest in paradise Bender.

Simply jawdroppingly prolific in the battle ring as well as many other outlets such as music,, art, and comedy.

Will be running through all of his battles chronologically and pour one out for the homie.

He said it himself, “im too consistent to choose a best of”

Thank you for the moments and condolences to the family
friedtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:43 PM   #174
friedtable

I think vs Scott “You make Roch Voisine look like a striker from the Rock Machine!” Was the first insane multi I heard from Bender and I was instantly a fan. It was so clear he was completely fucking different, and since then has constructed arguably the most exalted archive of multis, clever punches and references across any rap platform imo. Legend.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:19 AM   #175
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Just coming back to remind everyone how amazing Bender was.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:32 AM   #176
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@AVOCADO we need his other battles on watch too
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #177
system
Shit.

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
system is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
Robert Oppenheimer, atomic bomb designer

Henry Morgentaler, french abortion doctor
Keith Richards, clean liver

Die of an intravenous hit, like River Phoenix did

Hoe starved for attention like postpartum depression

Ooof.
system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:22 AM   #178
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE

Chorus...
Old 06-14-2018, 02:44 AM   #179
friedtable

Was just re-watching Fresco v Thesaurus (Dope ass battle, Fresco snaps with punches) and can't believe I didn't notice this the first time. Saurus runs a scheme that has multiple pieces of the multi that are copied from Bender. The similarities are pretty wild but I think its more of a subconscious/tribute thing more than a bite type of thing.

Check this out...

Bender:
No artist respects him, Im Mozart ressureccted..you in deep shit the coast guard would need sonar to detect him..tell mista hop in the go kart and go start up the engine or end up in an OR pickin bone shards out ya tendons...cold hearted, i think like a loan shark thats collectin..you got no bars for the most part and so far its pathetic...see I can appreciate when a rapper like you goes hard in a session..etc etc post pardem depression

Saurus:
im a loan shark, no sarcasm..youll need sonar trackin cuz im so far past him..im composin mozart classics, so dont start actin like we in the same boat...im the coast guard captain!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #180
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedtable View Post
Was just re-watching Fresco v Thesaurus (Dope ass battle, Fresco snaps with punches) and can't believe I didn't notice this the first time. Saurus runs a scheme that has multiple pieces of the multi that are copied from Bender. The similarities are pretty wild but I think its more of a subconscious/tribute thing more than a bite type of thing.

Check this out...

Bender:
No artist respects him, Im Mozart ressureccted..you in deep shit the coast guard would need sonar to detect him..tell mista hop in the go kart and go start up the engine or end up in an OR pickin bone shards out ya tendons...cold hearted, i think like a loan shark thats collectin..you got no bars for the most part and so far its pathetic...see I can appreciate when a rapper like you goes hard in a session..etc etc post pardem depression

Saurus:
im a loan shark, no sarcasm..youll need sonar trackin cuz im so far past him..im composin mozart classics, so dont start actin like we in the same boat...im the coast guard captain!

That's really not that crazy to me at all, it's a two syllable rhyme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #181
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
plus pete actually achieved rank of captain in the us coast guard

Me rhyming insults to someone.
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #182
friedtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
That's really not that crazy to me at all, it's a two syllable rhyme.
True, but by that same logic, think about how many other things rhyme with those 2 syllables, yet these were all chosen together. Saurus was at that bender battle
Old 06-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #183
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
with certain schemes, competent writers will very easily think of the same ones as there's only so many compound words that fit to a scheme. its not crazy at all and pete obv didn't have benders shit in mind when writing some shit he prob jotted down the night before the battle. anywayy, the context in between them and the non-preexisting phrase are what will be different.

mozart is not a tough one, esp go kart with it. ive thought of a single multi to kickstart a scheme that i later saw another person used and there's often overlap.

easiest way to put it is this: imagine someone is writing and thinks "mozart was dope, i'll rhyme about that" which is not a super unique or off the wall concept as a topic. mozart is world renowned. ok, what are the chances 2 people who have solid vocabs and are good at rhyming things will overlap with say go kart, ozark, broke heart, bull shark, etc. pretty easy.

and the chances of a bit of overlap get easier once u add extra multis in etc

also pete prob bit him, he's known to do that, i was planning to win scribble and wow look at that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-Kart_Mozart

Me rhyming insults to someone.

Last edited by irvsykeg; 06-15-2018 at 04:15 AM.
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #184
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Happy bday to the canadian goat.

Bout to watch some of the classics.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:33 AM   #185
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Happy Birthday to the king. RIP Bender.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #186
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedtable View Post
tell mista hop in the go kart and go start up the engine or end up in an OR pickin bone shards out ya tendons
jesus christ bender was so good
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:28 AM   #187
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

happy birthday to that dude Bender
JC
Old 07-20-2018, 04:36 AM   #188
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rip bender

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:18 AM   #189
Emancee

Quote:
..tell mista hop in the go kart and go start up the engine or end up in an OR pickin bone shards out ya tendons
The imagery of this is so hilarious. Go kart is such an interesting multi to choose. Some guy fleeing in a shitty go kart while Bender chases them yelling about wanting to shatter their bones is just hilarious.

Also Pete used the same words as a Bender filler verse and did something different with them. All good as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Emancee; 07-20-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #190
Feral Linguist

Fuck what you call relevant - I'm going for timeless
You a daily crossword; I'm God's word - I'm papyrus

Bender
Old 08-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #191
Casual

for my more seasoned people out there....

Coke falling from the sky, the gods must be crazy.

Is there more to the line that I'm missing? Or is it just a matter of sounding hella dope.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #192
Defcee

Defcee is not the worst person
Quote:
for my more seasoned people out there....

Coke falling from the sky, the gods must be crazy.

Is there more to the line that I'm missing? Or is it just a matter of sounding hella dope.
There's a movie called The Gods Must Be Crazy about a tribe in the Kalahari Desert that's perfectly peaceful until somebody drops a glass Coke bottle from a plane into the village and then all Hell breaks loose. I lost my mind when I heard that shit the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy
Defcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:12 PM   #193
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcee View Post
There's a movie called The Gods Must Be Crazy about a tribe in the Kalahari Desert that's perfectly peaceful until somebody drops a glass Coke bottle from a plane into the village and then all Hell breaks loose. I lost my mind when I heard that shit the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy
jesus. thats crazy. of course bender would make that reference lol.

appreciate the info!
Old 08-18-2018, 03:48 AM   #194
Feral Linguist

Quote:
jesus. thats crazy. of course bender would make that reference lol.

appreciate the info!
yep and the fact that he used it in a battle on the African continent...lol...he was the man

Tags
5359719, 55356, 55357, 56911, 57342, 65533, 8211, 8212, 8216, 8217, 8220, 8221, 8230