Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Does anyone else want to see Verb and Okwerdz battle before Verb retires???

Old 02-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Does anyone else want to see Verb and Okwerdz battle before Verb retires???

I've been wanting to Okwerdz come back for awhile now, but only against a good opponent that makes sense.

They use to go back and forth back in the day. So there is some history there. Also heard Verb mention Ok in his Thesarus battle.

Not too many good matches left for the vets, I think this would be a great headliner on a Bunker card.

What do you guys think???
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
That would require me wanting to see Okwerdz battle again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think it could be cool.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
That would require me wanting to see Okwerdz battle again...
He'd only be able to return at BOTZ. I don't think anyone on KOTD would care about his return.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:36 AM   #5
LukeWaltonisGoat

LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
He'd only be able to return at BOTZ. I don't think anyone on KOTD would care about his return.
Facts
Quote:

Old 02-25-2017, 04:59 AM   #6
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Okwerdz is not the worst person
that battle is so completely dead, i got a few better ideas/offers tho. when my life stops being so fucking insane for a sec maybe ill be able to take one later on.
Okwerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:21 AM   #7
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwerdz View Post
that battle is so completely dead, i got a few better ideas/offers tho. when my life stops being so fucking insane for a sec maybe ill be able to take one later on.
I mean, there's always Blackout. But, if someone tries to pitch you DNA again, pull a Daylyt, and hit 'em with the no-show.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:25 AM   #8
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
If you feel like you can do it, have a nice bag, or really just wanna test yourself/have fun then battle. But you were really a grindtime legend my g and not everybody's style is made for this era... I've watched pass really kind of tarnish his legacy somewhat... if you don't have to battle just chill and stay a Grindtime God.. Just my personal opinion tho
Quote:

Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 AM   #9
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I always think that Okwerdz gets a worse rep than he deserves. I really enjoyed his (final?) battle against 360.

I genuinely think he could TopR a return!
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:51 AM   #10
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
shut up dickhead you're doing nothing. even your twitch stream failed.

that said i love okwerdz and would love to see him battle again especially vs verb or math.
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:51 AM   #11
justin0

justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I always think that Okwerdz gets a worse rep than he deserves. I really enjoyed his (final?) battle against 360.

he also beat rone. #facts
Old 02-25-2017, 06:13 AM   #12
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Wonder who they'd give him at BO7 if he was still active?
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #13
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
If you feel like you can do it, have a nice bag, or really just wanna test yourself/have fun then battle. But you were really a grindtime legend my g and not everybody's style is made for this era... I've watched pass really kind of tarnish his legacy somewhat... if you don't have to battle just chill and stay a Grindtime God.. Just my personal opinion tho

i completely understand the whole you havent battled in a long time so u could come back and be dated thing trust me. but what others gotta understand is that this is the same thing people said before my first come back almost 10 years ago as well. i feel the jump from 30 second freestyle rounds over a BEAT to unlimited time accapella written rounds was a much harder transition than what i would have to do now because the sport hasnt changed nearly as much rap wise as the last time i tried to come back. cant be too much worse than what some of these idiots are doin now can it be?

also tarnish what exactly? Pass is still one of the greatest of all time in my opinion.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #14
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:

hey thanx that 360 joint is one of my favorite performances of mine ever, sucks it got blocked on youtube somehow. i may have to upload it back on my channel or something.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:11 AM   #15
justin0

pretty sure i just got snubbed.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:11 AM   #16
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
hey thanx that 360 joint is one of my favorite performances of mine ever, sucks it got blocked on youtube somehow. i may have to upload it back on my channel or something.
Maybe that was by a fan of 360? I remember he had a really mumbly, chokey performance and he has a LOT of nuthuggers. Shame to get it taken down though
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #17
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
i completely understand the whole you havent battled in a long time so u could come back and be dated thing trust me. but what others gotta understand is that this is the same thing people said before my first come back almost 10 years ago as well. i feel the jump from 30 second freestyle rounds over a BEAT to unlimited time accapella written rounds was a much harder transition than what i would have to do now because the sport hasnt changed nearly as much rap wise as the last time i tried to come back. cant be too much worse than what some of these idiots are doin now can it be?

also tarnish what exactly? Pass is still one of the greatest of all time in my opinion.
^ yeah this.. Pass still fire

Hoping to see you back in the ring soon ...hopefully at the bunker

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #18
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
That's fact and during the GT/Early Kotd era that's how we remembered him... Now tho when I hear Pass the first thing that comes to mind is him getting smoked 3 battles in a row with underwhelming performances... That obviously doesn't erase what he did but it leaves a stain that can be tough to forget the more times it happens...

Same thing with Verb every battle he takes and bullshits makes him one more battle away from the Verb that battled Hitman... my point is if you don't translate well/don't show up and cook it's fine but if you start to make it a consistent thing it's gonna overshadow how crazy you were in your prime
Quote:

Old 02-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #19
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

i don't think anyone can do what TopR did honestly
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:52 PM   #20
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
That's fact and during the GT/Early Kotd era that's how we remembered him... Now tho when I hear Pass the first thing that comes to mind is him getting smoked 3 battles in a row with underwhelming performances... That obviously doesn't erase what he did but it leaves a stain that can be tough to forget the more times it happens...

Same thing with Verb every battle he takes and bullshits makes him one more battle away from the Verb that battled Hitman... my point is if you don't translate well/don't show up and cook it's fine but if you start to make it a consistent thing it's gonna overshadow how crazy you were in your prime
well you do gotta make the big realization that you are only one person and there are many who do not feel that way. i cant ever recall Pass losing 3 battles in a row in my entire life and i known him since he was like 15 years old haha. please tell me which ones u are referring to because chances are there are thousands of people on earth who disagree. thats the beauty of subjective ass battle rap.

far as verb goes yah he fucking sucks and stopped caring many years ago which is a big part of the reason i wont waste a comeback on him. why put my all into someone i cant even trust to give the same respect back? especially when theres much better options.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #21
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
pretty sure i just got snubbed.
hi justin0
Old 02-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #22
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I mean, there's always Blackout. But, if someone tries to pitch you DNA again, pull a Daylyt, and hit 'em with the no-show.
hahahahaha ive got about 5000 blackout dna calls over the years and followed up with 5000 no's. i couldnt take a BO battle this year these next couple months got some things popping up in my life that i have to take extremely serious. was kinda negotiating some things before (not for BO) but had to push it back when some potentially life changing news came to me out the blue.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:05 PM   #23
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
well you do gotta make the big realization that you are only one person and there are many who do not feel that way. i cant ever recall Pass losing 3 battles in a row in my entire life and i known him since he was like 15 years old haha.
Brizz just beat shit down his leg, JC beat him clear, and I had Moneybagz winning pretty damn clear too those are his last 3 I'm pretty sure... Regardless tho it just hasn't been the same Pass but you're right tho I'm just one person and that's my opinion.

I just feel like he looks out of place a bit in this era and I hate these new fuckin fans who haven't been here from the jump so they just turn on the battle and don't appreciate it for what it is... These queer ass new fans have us outnumbered tho lol not that you should do it or not do it for them my whole thing tho is it hurts seeing a legend comeback and get disrespected in the building or by the culture in general with the feedback from the battle

Other examples ppl just called Tech 9 garbage after that BL3 battle instead of appreciating Tech for Tech... Got a feeling the same will happen with Goodz I hope not tho
Quote:

Old 02-25-2017, 06:03 PM   #24
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
far as verb goes yah he fucking sucks and stopped caring many years ago which is a big part of the reason i wont waste a comeback on him. why put my all into someone i cant even trust to give the same respect back? especially when theres much better options.
can you name some?
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #25
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
can you name some?
No. Part of the stipulations of battling s rawk is you can't promote that shit. Don't want to fold the internet in half.

Would like to see okweezy back. Let me warm up my Delorean to 2009. I hope you bring the source magazine back

And congrats on the baby/sorry about the medical issue that came sprung up out of nowhere.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #26
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Brizz just beat shit down his leg, JC beat him clear, and I had Moneybagz winning pretty damn clear too those are his last 3 I'm pretty sure... Regardless tho it just hasn't been the same Pass but you're right tho I'm just one person and that's my opinion.
Pass was very far from underwhelming against JC. That was a great battle.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #27
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
also Pass beat Money Bagz idgaf
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #28
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
also Pass beat Money Bagz idgaf
he aint sign up for that tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #29
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Would like an Okwerdz battle
Opponent doesn't matter.

I think a good verb would win an ok verb would lose

It be interesting to see what changes Okwerdz would make Hopefully not super gun bars and triple entendres and pg stepping

Okwerdz best battles were against Smack battlers

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #30
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
Biggest change would be in the hat choice. Ok doesn't now if 2017 is ready for the fubu fitted or the Mitchell & Ness snap back.

Truth is...we will never be ready ok. Bring it on.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #31
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:

I gotta say that even though Verb is probably my favourite battle of all time, I wouldn't say he is shit now and also I'm not a massive fan of you as a battler; I really respect this point of view. In the past few years there have been quite a few battlers who actively seek these kind of battles just so they can claim a meaningless win over a legend. Even if there is no intention behind it, we're all sick of battles where one person doesn't give a fuck and isn't trying to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz

Last edited by rogermellie; 02-25-2017 at 10:45 PM.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 AM   #32
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Pass was very far from underwhelming against JC. That was a great battle.
Brizz beat shit down his leg man in LA
Quote:

Old 02-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #33
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Verb vs Ok might be cool.. but would much rather see him vs Lux.. not that I would contribute more that 30$ of the likely 50k needed
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #34
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Other examples ppl just called Tech 9 garbage after that BL3 battle instead of appreciating Tech for Tech... Got a feeling the same will happen with Goodz I hope not tho
It's not just about appreciating Tech ... those people also said Jerry Wess has bars
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #35
Klemm Bell

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Klemm Bell probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
I was there that was great to watch. Pre battle gocart vlog was funny.
Klemm Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #36
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:

I just feel like he looks out of place a bit in this era and I hate these new fuckin fans who haven't been here from the jump so they just turn on the battle and don't appreciate it for what it is... These queer ass new fans have us outnumbered tho lol not that you should do it or not do it for them my whole thing tho is it hurts seeing a legend comeback and get disrespected in the building or by the culture in general with the feedback from the battle

i mean again those are all pretty much just opinion tho. for instance i feel the brizz battle was highly debatable and the jc joint was one of the best battles of the entire year. majority of people seem to think money bagz won clearly thats fine but in my own opinion it didnt really look that serious on camera though im perfectly aware of how things can be different in person. theres really no wrong answer here but i am sorry you feel that way and cant enjoy the genius of Pass.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #37
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Maybe that was by a fan of 360? I remember he had a really mumbly, chokey performance and he has a LOT of nuthuggers. Shame to get it taken down though
rumor has it the guy who threw the event took down every battle from the channel or some shit and everyone is pissed. 360 def doesnt give a shit to get it back online tho thats for sure hahaha imma figure somethin out eventually.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:16 PM   #38
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
can you name some?
wheres the fun in that?
Old 02-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #39
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebertXela View Post
No. Part of the stipulations of battling s rawk is you can't promote that shit. Don't want to fold the internet in half.

Would like to see okweezy back. Let me warm up my Delorean to 2009. I hope you bring the source magazine back

And congrats on the baby/sorry about the medical issue that came sprung up out of nowhere.
stop trying to blow s rawks come back bro.

hahahaha and no baby or medical issue, its all art related stuff. announcements very soon.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #40
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Would like an Okwerdz battle
Opponent doesn't matter.

I think a good verb would win an ok verb would lose

It be interesting to see what changes Okwerdz would make Hopefully not super gun bars and triple entendres and pg stepping

Okwerdz best battles were against Smack battlers
if i battle again im only doing SCHEMES about things that are related to each other in list format. fuck rapping and being interesting.

Tags
facts