Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
*UPDATE THREAD* - KOTD - Mass 4

Old 05-20-2018, 02:17 AM   #41
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
can we say that Math is back now?!?
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:18 AM   #42
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
can we say that Math is back now?!?
Math is already in the convo for Battler Of The Year IMO.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:57 AM   #43
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ICE vs Nems just finished. It was a good battle. Nems did better than most rappers that come back. He stayed true to the real talk/grimy disrespect. I'd give it to ICE, but he shouldn't have let it be as close.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:20 AM   #44
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Final thoughts:

Over all the event was solid. There were no really bad battles, or performances. Everyone was decent to great. There also was no certified classics in my opinion.

One thing I liked is they kept the event moving, and didn't waste time in between battles. The PPV ended by 11 eastern time which is great, I can remember some KOTD TO events that felt like they went until 3 a.m.

My favorite battle of the night was Real Deal vs Math for sure. I could see a majority of people liking Iron vs Chilla tho. RD and math were both in there bag, and it had that Vet vs Vet actual battle feel. It was also really competitive and they weren't just being friends and having fun dappin each other up every other bar. Chilla/Iron was doing that to much.

I liked Loso a lot in this. Some of those religion battles he does,the content is just too heavy handed for me sometimes, and it was refreshing to see just rap normal. Money Bagz was dope too. I got Loso taking it.

Thesaurus vs E Ness was a great battle too. Thesaurus' second round might be the best round I have heard from him in years. It seemed like from the PPV that people in the back were being loud and messing up this battles third round, which is really shitty because this battle was turning into a classic.

Nems had a good comeback. He did better than most peoples returns. I wouldn't mind seeing him on cards in the future, but his performance didn't make me want to demand that we see him on the next card.

If you didnt catch the event, I hope the updates were helpful. Feel free to ask any specific questions. If you did catch the PPV put down your thoughts of the event.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:03 AM   #45
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
flex/xcel was good! i thought flex was particularly great. glad to see him do well on the main stage.

loso is bad. bagz is good. alright battle.

ooops/big t was exactly how it sounds on paper.

saurus/ness was fantastic.

chilla/iron was a difficult watch, personally. dragged for way too long. i can't call it.

didn't catch much of math, unfortunately. real deal was okay.

nems and ice had good firsts. the rest was... yeah.

the event underwhelming imo. maybe average, idk. it wasn't bad. few wonky bookings and matchups as expected with KOTD. i like how KOTD took the risk with booking nems. can't go wrong with booking flex and a battle like saurus/ness. the scene in general should reconsider the length of battles and how they affect quality control and watchability throughout 3 rounds. the idea of iron and chilla going for 40 minutes is nuts.

Last edited by peace; 05-20-2018 at 04:07 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:21 AM   #46
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
a bit off topic, but it kinda sucks watching KOTD continue to ignore the significance of creating their own identity and make questionable creative and booking decisions.

there are plenty of talent who other leagues will never or, at least, hasn't yet touched. you can see nearly half of mass 4 regularly on other major brands like smack and RBE. give some W/FC vets and new guys a push. give random a shot. fly pigsty out. it's kinda crazy how geechi vs saynt, a bunker battle between two debuting no-names, generated more buzz and views for a rapper than a structured push by KOTD's toronto heads. shoutout shotti p and a ward.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:43 AM   #47
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
The battles I watched

Flex vs Xcel was real good. Flex was the best I've ever seen him in the last two rounds, or at least it was the best performance alongside a crowd that was awake and listening. Xcel had a great first round & some dope spots here and there but he really has to find a way to be more compelling to listen to. Flex 30 no body

Money Bagz dragged Loso in the first then kind of cruised from there. Really don't understand what anyone sees in Loso. He's one of the worst writers of anybody that's currently being pushed. He's like a sanctimonious DNA.

I was only half paying attention to Ooops and Big T but Ooops had a Big Bang Theory bar so I can't imagine him winning that

E Ness and Saurus was fantastic for all the reasons one would expect. Ness is one of the most fun people to listen to and Saurus is just fuckin amazing at making words rhyme. Don't care who won

Tuned out from there cuz I had to watch the Celtics get bodied
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #48
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
if I was a battler I'd demand to be one of the first three battles to happen. I don't understand weighing arbitrary 'prestige' over battling in front of the hypest and most attentive crowd possible

that's kinda a throwaway thought tho I didn't even see the later battles on the card
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #49
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Despite you guys saying there were some good matches (cheers for updates btw) looking on Twitter etc. this had the least amount of attention for a major KOTD PPV by some distance, or am I bugginí sun?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #50
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
if I was a battler I'd demand to be one of the first three battles to happen. I don't understand weighing arbitrary 'prestige' over battling in front of the hypest and most attentive crowd possible

that's kinda a throwaway thought tho I didn't even see the later battles on the card
Iíve seen numerous respectable in the past talk about the benefits of battling early in an event, because thatís when the crowdís still relatively fresh with their enthusiasm.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #51
BigNeck

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
BigNeck is not the worst person
Shout out to the dude that left his chick across the street at McDonalds. It seemed like every time I went to the bar there they were. The dude was no bigger that 5 foot 6 and she was at least 4 inches shorter. She had really short hair, flat brimmed hat, and a huge bull ring. They had to take her out on a stretcher. Hate seeing that kind of shit.

Oh ya marvwon was in line at McDonalds too. Got a pic
Old 05-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #52
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
No Iron Vs Pete

No care

Fuck the world

I'm done

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #53
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
That said thesaurus Vs ness sounds like it could be sick.

Quote:
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #54
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
Get this nigga tfoh. If he want's to come into our lane for a cash grab he should battle one of us. He can put on his own event and battle another industry nigga
daaaaaamn , PERFECT response...

Listen , i was a HUGE banks fan back in the day ... I don't see him being a great battle rapper.

And i agree, if he wants to jump in the ring let him battle a battle rapper ... 100%
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #55
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Was gonna see this live and direct but couldn't swing it. Copped the PPV today, it's worth it if you're curious and especially if you don't know the battles. Really enjoyed it, all battles are quality.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #56
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSH81189 View Post
i was a HUGE banks fan back in the day ... I don't see him being a great battle rapper.
Yeah pretty easy win and couple of hundred thousand views for someone. Banks doesn't even have a really punchy style. He will basically rap his ass off for two straight minutes without landing a single hit on his opponent.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:38 PM   #57
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
just watching, head ice just dropped a bitches brew reference - give him a second chain
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:16 PM   #58
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah pretty easy win and couple of hundred thousand views for someone. Banks doesn't even have a really punchy style. He will basically rap his ass off for two straight minutes without landing a single hit on his opponent.
Lol Banks has a lot of punchlines Iím confused
Old 05-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #59
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post

Being the first battle after a break or being one of the first 2/3 battles gets you the most hyped crowd from my experience, being one of the last of the evening is dope but it comes with a more tired crowd
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #60
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

just watched Ness/Saraus and Math/RD. Both were sick

Krazyglue round slightly made up for iron ducking

Quote:
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.