Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Battle E. Farrell vs Erik Foreman - iBattleTV (Mirror Match)

View Poll Results: Who won?
E. Farrell 6 60.00%
Erik Foreman 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2018, 11:28 PM   #41
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Had high expectations before watching, and they were surpassed.
Appreciate you dude
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #42
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
damn those sunglasses got a "shut the fuck up donny" feel to them. turning into fresco more and more every day. damn this crowd is terrible. had to google that ladder is now the 387538753295385753rd slang term for a gun. that line is nice. had a scheme i decided not to use for my battle next week with "shells got his kids dyin its not even easter yet" you're too good erik YOU'RE TOO GOOD definitely work on your projection. i don't think you can just learn to rap better/differently than you do now, i know i don't, but stop pacing around sideways. the change in vocal projection to the camera makes it tougher to understand, esp when u kinda mumble

peep rest later, nice round, only slight stumble

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #43
irvsykeg

tiki torch at a beach resort, u posted in a no fly zone lol nice, i liked farrels lines better but even with worse ones he would win based on delivery and clarity and projection. was that left on red/unread? that was not good.

erik i can't really understand a lot of you. palm in the desert is dope. hate to say it coulda used a better setup and imo u shoulda phrased it differently. nice cuz im going places/like an oasis is meh. "nice so i can go places" fits better. bar is super sick standalone, but jazzing it up would be killer.

lol the drug and jail bars. kites are what inmates send within jail, usually to ofificials, not how people put money on your books btw. LOL ben frank, thats how i imagine fresco would refer to him. you delivered that line really well tho. u should try and wait til dipshits stop talking. had to put headphones in to hear ya.

lol i aint stutter *stutters* LOL damn your expressions crack me up. didn't like the closer for that round.

farrel has a better flow than you throughout most of it. car door ajar reminds me of mook trucks backing up.

sadder click than an adam sandler flick is dope. i think u misused the word juxtaposed. LOL a defeat bar u done did it erik u da goat. i dont believe this crowd understands half the lines they go crazy for. fossil exhibit and lottery ticket was sick.

funny stuff

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 09-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #44
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@irvsykeg the world would be a better place if someone broke down blockchain as thorough as you do this battle
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:18 AM   #45
irvsykeg

its all a series of tubes basically

Old 09-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #46
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This battle is damn heat

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:56 PM   #47
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't even post anymore but had to show up for a foreman battle
WallaceBread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #48
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
This battle was fucking amazing. Haven't seen much of Foreman but he killed it. Only flaw is delivery and voice projection. Bars are absolute fire tho. E Farrell always kills it every battle, but this might have been his best performance yet. Any reason neither of you battle on KOTD?
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #49
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
2nd time round 'offer him a g if he come for a scrap, if i did he'd be awol trying to run from I(a)raq' was great.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:12 AM   #50
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
This battle was fucking amazing. Haven't seen much of Foreman but he killed it. Only flaw is delivery and voice projection. Bars are absolute fire tho. E Farrell always kills it every battle, but this might have been his best performance yet. Any reason neither of you battle on KOTD?
E. Farrell has a bunch of battles on KOTD, surely? Just off the top of my head, Madflex and Illipsis (Also googled and there was Reverse Live -GZ- and Sicarii too)
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 09-23-2018 at 04:53 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #51
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
damn this Erik Foreman's first round was ETHER....
Old 09-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #52
Feral Linguist

Can anyone explain

"Now your life is on the line like a continental breakfast"

???

10.40 - 10.50
Old 09-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #53
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
Can anyone explain

"Now your life is on the line like a continental breakfast"

???

10.40 - 10.50
life is a brand of cereal. continental breakfast served in a buffet line style. it's an awful line.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #54
Feral Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
life is a brand of cereal. continental breakfast served in a buffet line style. it's an awful line.

oh yeah that is disappointing...

i thought at first he was referencing food in general, yknow because we die without it...that's a much better interpretation imho
Old 09-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #55
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post

Yikes! Kinda missing I didn't know what he really said now. That is a Dad joke punchline if ever there was one!
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:35 AM   #56
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I really luv the feedback on this one. I agree about my performance, I just kinda learned I'm always gonna be a bit quiet and anything further might come across as me trying too hard. Hope it isn't too unbearable
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #57
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Glad to hear it. Is the Avo ban against him still in affect, or did that blow over?

The aftermath of Pass-gate was unfortunate because it seemed like he was about to go on a promising run with url and he had been building up steam on KOTD
Wait, Pass-Gate?

As in Passwurds? wuts passgate?
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:40 AM   #58
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Wait, Pass-Gate?

As in Passwurds? wuts passgate?
Long story short, DBD was stalking some dude on IG. He saw something he didn't like, so he reported the content to the higher-ups. Then in retaliation, Jeff went on a drunk rant where he made off-color remarks about Pass.

The highlight of the rift was snappin' on Pass for wearing a fedora

End of the day, both parties are moving forward.

Would be cool if 4-man just picked up his projection/ eye-contact game and battled DBD's life away

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #59
irvsykeg

you seemed relatively receptive to my earlier feedback, but regardless, i'll preface this by saying none of it is trying to talk shit or be rude to you. just have some time to kill before getting back to work.

a few thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
I just kinda learned I'm always gonna be a bit quiet
- being "a bit quiet" isn't the main issue hindering your performance. and "a bit quiet" wouldn't be the right description IMO. i'd say meek or without confidence, the latter a difficult thing to achieve; even harder to fake.

- being quiet and being clear are not mutually exclusive. you can be "a bit quiet" while still delivering your bars cleaner, both for live audience and folks at home. while projection is enhanced with a louder delivery, it's not the be-all and end-all.

- regardless of decibel level, you'd be better understood facing the camera often or minimizing your head shifting directions.

- partially due to your writing style and clearly your rapping style, you rush over a LOTS of words, many that would benefit from slowing down and placing emphasis on, especially setups. i know we aren't all naturals like fresco (not a shot at you or diss, legit example cuz he's a natural), but you could still try and work on this. very often, fresco's schemes follow a structured flow throughout, telling you exactly when and where the punchline will hit. it primes the audience and also makes it easier to rap. not saying jack his flow, but consider structuring your bars in a more "rapping" way. like maybe write them to a beat as practice.

Quote:
and anything further might come across as me trying too hard. Hope it isn't too unbearable
legit not trying to be rude, but you're always going to come across as trying too hard when you combine you + gun/drug bars + you doing dlor faces after you say something. i get it, this is your writing style and you think the shit's dope. i'm not even saying it isn't. just saying it looks corny to anybody who isn't on the "i love that this dude is clearly a dork and he's mumbling and stuttering about shit he doesn't do" train.

i also realize it's a battle and you gotta rep yourself and carry yourself a certain way. and confidence is a tough thing to master. it's something i struggle with in battling/rapping because i legit know i am not good at rapping at all. but everything about your performance seems so unnatural and forced. like it's difficult for you to perform it. and i think fucking with your bar structure would help. or rapping things in easier ways. i know when i battled recently, i included a lot of bars i didn't think were heat or anything, but kept them cuz i could rap them well and confidently. and that translates into the overall performance and helps my other bars.

just my own personal opinion, but i'd appreciate a dude like you more if you actually incorporated aspects of your real personality into some shit. or at least didn't delivery drug bars like it's your real life. the fact you probably google drug and gun slang or have urbandictionary in your bibliography is kind of cringe to me, too. my $.02, but i'd like your drug bars better if you said them sarcastically or made jokes about the shit. you say stuff with your serious face and it's kinda cringe to me.

like it'd be rad af to me if you were like "in the kitchen, burner hot, got the oven maxed/ to get it poppin from a package, but it's not no bubble/ hint of lemon, dash of pepper when i cut the crack/ mixture fizzin, smoke alarms, damn i killed another batch?!"

then id be like ha ha ha that was tight and self deprecating, now i can laugh when he seriously says he;s going to shoot me

or maybe if you tried doing something outside of what you normally do, which to me is the same bar on repeat with the same structure. play with more difficult rhyme schemes, try something unique like calling some queer a lame fuck, be self-deprecating, try and write 3 rounds where only 3 of your punches use the word like, etc.

i know you think i am terrible at writing and you're one of da best, but here's some advice on writing because i'm definitely better than you at it: one thing that helped me become a better writer was writing the same concept/bar out multiple ways before choosing one. and trying a completely different way to phrase it as well, specifically ways others haven't. writing down every multi possible (and the rough ideas for a punch/angle im parenthesis) and choosing the best is also an excellent way to connect ideas together.

here's an example:

AGAINST E. FARREL... YOU SAAAAAID..:

"i don't believe you when you say you grip all that steel/ it's like jumanji, cuz you thought it was a game til shit got real" i couldn't understand all of your next shit, but something hip hop feel, should get a kid rock deal, you're rhyming with tip top skill

the jumanji punch is decent, but nothing amazing. the current incarnation of it wouldn't be anything i'd use, and the setup is irrelevant and doesn't rhyme at all. maybe your stumble made you change it though. and you said the concept in literally the most basic way possible. sounds like bartone wrote it.

in general, avoid saying things in a literal way as much as possible. "i don't believe you when you say you grip all that steel" is again, the most basic and obvious way to express he's as FOS about gun blasting as you. and it eats up so much more space than it needs to. K.I.S.S. and if you're gonna waste valuable rhyming time, make the setup worth listening to.

and despite what dude's in the crowd said, that punch wasn't "crazy" lol and the following bars are filler. using decent punches in the setups are a favorite of mine, but only as a tool to compliment the better shit after it. it gives it a effortless, subtle touch of, "even my setups are punches" and builds momentum towards a final haymaker. you did essentially the opposite here and used a punch the crowd liked to delve into much worse irrelevant filler. it's absolutely worth it to spend time creating relevant setups to fit an angle or scheme. and doesn't take long:

so here's an example of writing multis + half multis for internal schemes + ideas (to fit jumanji or more)

kids bop feel (it's hot wheels)
wig got peeled (banana clip, concrete jungle, go ape shit, monkey business)
kid rock deal, (? w/ hip-hop feel)
kim jong il (face all over, ((wig got peeled)),
lick shots, pick locks, crip walk, get shot, kick rocks, get lost, grip glocks, pit stop, quick stop/chop, pitch rocks
? hot meals (6?) ((twin glocks))
hitchkock film (it's stock film)
slick talk (lip balm/gloss)
grip hot steel (iron worker, pittsburg, blacksmith)
?? ?? seal (rip off)
his? squad killed (animals)
it's raw skill

ok, there's a quick list of shit

- quick re-write of your 4-5 bar with relevant ideas to the central theme + better multis as you kids call 'em:

it's all a front when he claim he grip hot steel..
gums flappin gonna get him and his squad killed
no joke, you shoulda let that slick talk chill
cuz its like jumanji, you thought it was a game until shit got real

ok, 4 bars with decent multis, all explaining he's FOS and you're not, complimenting the punch. and 3 bars lead into the strongest 4th. but still, the first 3 are kinda filler and the punch is still basic. and you don't need 4 bars to explain how its not a game and shit gets real famalam. so either abandon 4 bars into 2 or dress up the setups better and extend it to something better.

throwing back some shit, banana clip, his wig got peeled
klingon grill like a chimpanzee flipped, cat's will think you ripped off seal
this kids not built for talkin greasy, let the slick talk chill
cuz heal crack when i put it on 'em like lip balm will
black smith & wesson, the family name that get y'all killed
nah, blacksmith profession, hammers bang when i grip hot steel
psycho wit a clip drainin bloody as the hitchcock film
couple squeezes retire you faster than a pit stop drill
it comes natural, jiro dreams of havin this raw skill
i lick shots til my face plastered all over the country like kim jong il
twin glocks caught another body, 2nd ditch got filled
double homi aiming for my own cell along w/ 6 hot meals
no escapin fom jumanaji, homie, it's god's will
you thought it was a game until the shit got real

now u can cut those things apart, get rid of what u like and don't, rearrange, whatever. bbut those are obv way better than your shit.

sorry i spent too much time on this while legit falling alseep at my comp after another all nighter. if some shit maks 0 sense ill edit later. would give examples of re-writing but fdallin asleep and tis is already too long with shit u dont care about. but anyway, no filler, erik. mr top pen's say you the top pen.

Last edited by irvsykeg; 09-28-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #60
irvsykeg

just to iterate the first half and i guess totality of my post:

i think you have a lot of good angles/ideas, some really clever lines, and some decent/meh shit you could make a lot better. but they're clearly hampered by your rapping ability, which is something i can 100% relate to. i just think you could do more to make your writing better in general and specifically to compliment your limitations with rapping.

and on the rapping front, focus on clearly projecting with a slower, more enunciated flow (and matching structure), not being "louder" or more aggressive. i agree more aggressive or seriousness would not be optimal. i just think you can be more confident and more direct/clear with lines that aren't "people mail me cocaine in jail" or whatever.

best of luck in all future battles. sincerely. cheers.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #61
irvsykeg

sorry, before i fall asleep or go full zombie doing shit, oasis bar is super sick, probably your best from the battle, and you undersold the absolute fuck out of it. like turned a monster bar into some cute shit.

100% build something like that up with at least a 4 bar couplet and actually have a fitting multi for it. like legit did it a disservice with a quick meh setup and then right into it. the bar can stand alone cuz its hot, but building it up over another solid setup + punch would've slayed, esp when u don't have a killer delivery to sell it heavy

that setup was mad lazy anyway. shoulda been on some "its ironic, tryna leave the streets behind so i can go places/ but they calling me back, they got my number, maybe i should go change it?/ but i dream of buckin farrel, double barrels where i fire both gauges... and visions of palm in the desert.. like an oasis, see i can't-- *crowd goes wild and u get to stop like JC does*" or whatever, sorry not trying to re-write ur shit, but better for me to use examples

u didn't setup anything about having visions of the shit or why its conflicting or whatever and "im tryna be nice soi can go places" its super duper meh

Last edited by irvsykeg; 09-28-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #62
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

I don't write for reactions and don't really care to utilize momentum. Plenty of people do what you're talking about and I'll let them do it

Thx for the feedback
Old 09-28-2018, 11:16 PM   #63
Bosco
TBDMG

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bosco is not the worst person
Great battle, and to whoever said both parties are progressing, I’d argue that one is regressing severely.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:35 PM   #64
irvsykeg

Quote:
I don't write for reactions and don't really care to utilize momentum.

Thx for the feedback
it has nothing to do with reactions, it has to do with writing better and not having lazy, boring setups that don't rhyme. but if you're cool with exactly how your shit is written and how you deliver it, more power to you. not saying your shit is always lazy or boring. just think you're a competent writer and you could have better shit.

Last edited by irvsykeg; 09-29-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #65
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
Great battle, and to whoever said both parties are progressing, I’d argue that one is regressing severely.
Well you're not exactly a neutral observer.

Also is Avocado included in these parties? Because he's undoubtedly making much bigger moves than anyone in Young Republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz

Last edited by rogermellie; 09-30-2018 at 02:27 PM.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
128514, 128525, 8217, fedoragate