Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Dizaster Considering Starting His own Street League

Old 10-27-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dizaster Considering Starting His own Street League

Around the 11 minute mark Diz lists the mistakes that the WWF people made in the guys vs girls event. He continues that they should have listened to him (if they wanted the event to run smooth) because he has been rapping since 2000 and has seen a lot and been involved in business decisions in the past.

That all led to him revealing that he is interested in starting his own league to put on the urban people that he is close with that won't fit into the Bunker mold. He also mentions that stepping on other people toes has crossed his mind but implies this would be a great way for him to give back because of his vast knowledge and love for the culture/ connections with venture capital.

Last edited by Profess; 10-27-2016 at 01:01 AM.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:05 AM   #2
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
That all led to him to revealing that he is interested in starting his own league to put on the urban people that he is close with that won't fit into the Bunker mold.
It'll never work because no one outside of kotd respect diz on some street shit

I can already imagine it being something like "KOTD: After Dark" which will look like they're trying too hard to be something they're not (like they usually do). This is why it won't work for Lush, diz, or kotd to ever try and be taken seriously as a street rapper platform. They're not cut from that cloth, they should just stay in their lane.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:14 AM   #3
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@6000GP later on in the interview he mentions a respect for what John John has done with the Bullpen league. To be fair, Diz also mentions being an advisor. I agree with you about staying in your lane, but I also think that Diz might be able to help, say LA Battle grounds. But I'd have to look into that more because I don't know enough about that league to speculate too far. All that said, from what @Nick H. said the other day about a new league.. it seems like at least a few people are interested in what the street market has to offer in LA
Old 10-27-2016, 01:18 AM   #4
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
It'll never work because no one outside of kotd respect diz on some street shit

I can already imagine it being something like "KOTD: After Dark" which will look like they're trying too hard to be something they're not (like they usually do). This is why it won't work for Lush, diz, or kotd to ever try and be taken seriously as a street rapper platform. They're not cut from that cloth, they should just stay in their lane.
I guess if he knows allot of street dudes that battle it might be his lane.

I would say the respect would come if he's able to put quality street battlers together.

I would say it depends on how much respect or sway he has in the actual minds of the street rappers on the west coast. And how big he wants it to get

Do we really need another battle league though?

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:44 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
A West Coast street rap league could be interesting though. As long as it was on some Death Row shit I would be interested. Unfortunately it is probably better on paper than reality as we'd probably get a bunch of guys doing bad impressions of the NY scene.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:51 AM   #6
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
there's enough battle leagues but he has a big rep in battling if he gets funding it could work
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:53 AM   #7
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
I would say it depends on how much respect or sway he has in the actual minds of the street rappers on the west coast. And how big he wants it to get

Based on footage - His House Party and Halloween events were chock-full of hella weirdos (and some Kracc City goons).

LaFioso got lots of street support tho'
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:25 AM   #8
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Haha but seriously please no.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:04 AM   #9
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I wonder if Ars vs Diz 3 happens first or Arsonal vs Hollow rematch first or Diz vs Hollow
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:16 AM   #10
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Jesus if anything we need less leagues

There's seriously nothing new to bring to battle rap it's stale as fuck as it is
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:40 AM   #11
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
this interview was fun as hell to listen to
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:00 AM   #12
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Doubt he would have the brain cells or the money required to run a league.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:57 AM   #13
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post

There's seriously nothing new to bring to battle rap it's stale as fuck as it is
What about a transgender league like Sara Kana was trying to make
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #14
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
will never happen cuz dis is too much about himself ; hed never save or raise money for a league

will never happen
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #15
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:

Seeing as there are hardly any street LA dudes on kotd or url, I'd say a bunch of talent is being overlooked.
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #16
Profess

Quote:
I

I would say it depends on how much respect or sway he has in the actual minds of the street rappers on the west coast.
Isn't Dizaster the biggest name from the west?

Or does name not correlate with respect in this case?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #17
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
A West Coast street rap league could be interesting though. As long as it was on some Death Row shit I would be interested. Unfortunately it is probably better on paper than reality as we'd probably get a bunch of guys doing bad impressions of the NY scene.
Although a lot of the LA guys I've seen battle rap are actually transplants.. I know out least the west in general has a unique style.. it would be a shame if they had to bit NY. That said, do you think Bullpen and Spit dat Heat have unique sounds?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
there's enough battle leagues but he has a big rep in battling if he gets funding it could work
In the interview he talks about most investors wanting immediate returns and it sounds like he has access to an investor that wants to build something over time.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #19
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dizaster considering having a tuna salad for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #20
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Based on footage - His House Party and Halloween events were chock-full of hella weirdos (and some Kracc City goons).

He does mention a fondness for House parties in this interview. Did you listen to this entire clip?

If not he said, he wants to get away from venues in his new league.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #21
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
Dizaster considering having a tuna salad for dinner
He might have a beer with it but he need to keep up on his water intake. Some people say he should avoid the beer and stay sharp for his battle with Hollow and the new House party league he is masterminding
Old 10-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #22
Profess

Quote:

Stackboy Chuck is a breath of fresh air

Old 10-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #23
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
Seeing as there are hardly any street LA dudes on kotd or url, I'd say a bunch of talent is being overlooked.
Yeah, I have no evidence that there is talent being over looked but I have a feeling that that is probably the case. If so, I suppose Diz could start something but he could probably bring credibility to LA Battlegrounds.. Seems like we all agree that Diz has battle rap cred, but some don't think he has street cred
Old 10-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #24
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Dizaster can't even come to NYC last I checked. He's a big name, but he's the Lil Wayne of battle rap in a sense. Bought his way into "protection", but he doesn't have any stripes like that. He'd be a moneypot for real street dudes.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #25
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Dizaster can't even come to NYC last I checked. He's a big name, but he's the Lil Wayne of battle rap in a sense. Bought his way into "protection", but he doesn't have any stripes like that. He'd be a moneypot for real street dudes.
Hearing comparison isn't shocking.. do you think shooting a fair one with Math would help his stripes?
Old 10-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #26
PriceAintRight

PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Hearing comparison isn't shocking.. do you think shooting a fair one with Math would help his stripes?
Definitely tbh. The funniest part about shooting the one is that typically ya'll COOL after. There's this animalistic thing about combat that makes you learn your opponent. All the goofy martial arts stuff about "speaking with your fists" is actually a legit concept.

He has to make sure nobody can attack his credibility, as the prospective owner of a street league.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #27
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
gahahahahhahahahahahhahahah where the fuck did you get that impression

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:32 PM   #28
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
The idea of Diz's lack of street authenticity holding him back from being able to run a league seems iffy to me. KOTD is the second largest platform for street battle rap in the world and its run by some white Canadians
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #29
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
The idea of Diz's lack of street authenticity holding him back from being able to run a league seems iffy to me. KOTD is the second largest platform for street battle rap in the world and its run by some white Canadians
This ^^

Cats will go wherever there is money to be made. Battles like Head Ice vs. Arsonal going down on a league run by dorky Canadians partly which was funded by a pop star should tell you everything about that.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #30
Fingers

Listened to this...

His self-awareness is way off. He claims 'real battle rap' happens in 360 pits ('cept big stage URL battles have dominated for years).

He states rappers are too into performance and other stuff nowadays (same Guy that went full on Samurai, punched a Guy and donned an Adolf mustache tryna go viral).

He claims 'street rappers' don't get enough love on the Bunker (which is waaaay off, considering K, ICE, Tez, DNA, Dose and now them Philly cats have all been there within 6 months). How bout Fabs card coming up?

If the talent he is referring to is Aktive and Klutch it's just cuz...they are t good enough.

He then even insinuated that He vs Hollow might be on URL! Lol.

I respect his love for this shhhhh...but dude is hella delusional.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:33 AM   #31
Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
gahahahahhahahahahahhahahah where the fuck did you get that impression
I was playing son! I'm suggesting that Dizasters brand, separate of KOTD, is NOT as big as he thinks.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #32
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:

Drakes been the biggest name in Hip hop the last little bit.

I wouldn't say he's the most respected name. Especially with street cats.
Eminem is the biggest rapper he don't have the most respect.Again especially street cats.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #33
haatley

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
haatley is a PY Poster
Diz is one of the stupidest people I ever met.
haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #34
GMajor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia

Respizznect the Cizznode, y'all.
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #35
Fingers

If you say LaFioso 3x's in a post - GMajor appears.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #36
PriceAintRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
This ^^

Cats will go wherever there is money to be made. Battles like Head Ice vs. Arsonal going down on a league run by dorky Canadians partly which was funded by a pop star should tell you everything about that.
If he opened a league in Canada, maybe.

He's planning to open something in Los Angeles most likely. I imagine he's going to need to be on his shit. You can't run around any major hood on some funnystyle shit. Philly, H-Town, LA, Miami. Nowhere.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #37
Profess

Quote:
Drakes been the biggest name in Hip hop the last little bit.

I wouldn't say he's the most respected name. Especially with street cats.
Eminem is the biggest rapper he don't have the most respect.Again especially street cats.
You know what, I'll go out on a limb and say that Diz has the potential to be an asset to any league in an executive role. The main concern would be that he wasn't over extending himself, and if he had a hand in other ventures simultaneously, does he have the temperament to be an effective delegator?
Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #38
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
You know what, I'll go out on a limb and say that Diz has the potential to be an asset to any league in an executive role. The main concern would be that he wasn't over extending himself, and if he had a hand in other ventures simultaneously, does he have the temperament to be an effective delegator?
Being an asset to a league i can see.
Him starting his own league I just dont feel is needed.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #39
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

I wonder if he could start his own league but have a league already standing to sponsor and handle the footage.

Tags
000, f8f8f8, fff, lifestyle, losangeles, tshirt