View Poll Results: Who won?
Tay Roc 20 40.82%
Rum Nitty 29 59.18%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2017, 03:17 AM   #41
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
One round in and this battle fire as hell to me
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:01 AM   #42
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Lol man, people complain when roc is gassed, people complain when roc isn't gassed...

This battle is damn near a classic to me. Lots of moments. Roc's flow is a little different in the first round, it almost sounds like surf a bit. I remember thinking on his hot97 freestyle he was sounding more like surf there too. I'm not even mad, it's cool to switch it up sometimes and the rest of the battle he sounded more like the old roc. And by that, I mean vs k shine in the storefront, old roc. After that first altercation, he was going all the way the fuck off lol.

Rum really impressed me here tho. His first round started a little weak, but got crazy as hell toward the end. His second round was also good. Very competitive battle through the first two rounds. I thought roc edged them both, but I could see someone going 1-1, or edging them both to nitty if they hate roc.

That third tho.... .... damn. Rum nitty lost the whole battle in one round. Tay roc's round was so good, and rum's was so bad, that this should'nt even be a debate. Roc's 3rd had to be an 8 or a 9, while Rum's was like a 2 or 3.

Super dope battle tho
Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 AM   #43
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Lol man, people complain when roc is gassed, people complain when roc isn't gassed...

This battle is damn near a classic to me. Lots of moments. Roc's flow is a little different in the first round, it almost sounds like surf a bit. I remember thinking on his hot97 freestyle he was sounding more like surf there too. I'm not even mad, it's cool to switch it up sometimes and the rest of the battle he sounded more like the old roc. And by that, I mean vs k shine in the storefront, old roc. After that first altercation, he was going all the way the fuck off lol.

Rum really impressed me here tho. His first round started a little weak, but got crazy as hell toward the end. His second round was also good. Very competitive battle through the first two rounds. I thought roc edged them both, but I could see someone going 1-1, or edging them both to nitty if they hate roc.

That third tho.... .... damn. Rum nitty lost the whole battle in one round. Tay roc's round was so good, and rum's was so bad, that this should'nt even be a debate. Roc's 3rd had to be an 8 or a 9, while Rum's was like a 2 or 3.

Super dope battle tho
when is roc not gassed? uw?
how is this close to a classic when you gave nitty's round a 2??
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:47 AM   #44
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
when is roc not gassed? uw?
how is this close to a classic when you gave nitty's round a 2??
You want people to not cheer at all or something? The crowd was clearly letting them rap for longer stretches than they were letting chess and ave

And it's nearly classic to me because of all the nuances and interesting moments, including kitty's 3rd round
Old 01-10-2017, 05:59 AM   #45
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
nitty's worst showing in his recent run imo. thought roc got this 3-0 pretty easily...
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul

Last edited by sleeping dogs; 01-10-2017 at 06:15 AM.
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:27 AM   #46
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Super dope battle tho
Roc's third an 8 or a 9? Man don't get me started.
T Rum P line
Stolen I was your gunner Smack from Ill Will (Rum's last opponent) but with the energy of a coma patient.

What third round have you been watching?
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #47
andyjeezy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
andyjeezy is a PY Poster
Tay Roc 2-1 Nitty with too many chokes in the last round. Good battle.
and basically that means you gotta fucking gay name bro"

Locksmith
andyjeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #48
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Just broke the tie.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #49
Sky2real

Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
30 seconds into rum nitty's first. Russian K like kalishnokov??? 10-4 stolen bar. Ill will vs bigg k
Old 01-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #50
Sky2real

Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Tay roc 3-0 no body
Old 01-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #51
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
::bartender leans over bar to serve big t a drink::

You tay-ke rum on the rocs or neat-t

Big t responds "splash booblaka click kapoow"

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #52
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Nitty 3-0 in a really underwhelming battle.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #53
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
i dont think im as much of a bar-snob as everyone else is on this... i give a pass on the content of the bar if it sounds good/ is put together in a clever way

i like tay roc's delivery better but rum nitty's bars better... even split

edit: voted tay roc based on his performance
edit #2: damnit now i wanna go for nitty...that line he had about the content was said well

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay

Last edited by Abstrakt; 01-10-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #54
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
This battle might have to happen again. It was lowkey whack; mad even though

Edit: Had a cup of coffee and watching again
RD 1: Rum Nitty
RD 2: Roc slight edge
RD 3: Roc slight edge (Rum was really silly for doing his starter)

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross

Last edited by Assassin Ben; 01-10-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #55
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Super dope battle tho
I enjoyed the battle too. But yeah, Rum's third was awkward.. it's almost like he got set up with bad intel.. think we talked about this after the event tho.. and the consensus was stick to what you are good at and Rum isn't an angle guy
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #56
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I enjoyed the battle too. But yeah, Rum's third was awkward.. it's almost like he got set up with bad intel.. think we talked about this after the event tho.. and the consensus was stick to what you are good at and Rum isn't an angle guy
I actually thought his angle in the first wasn't terrible. Iirc, he went after roc being gassed, which tbf, IS the obvious angle, but it was executed well. The third was just a terrible angle. It's never really a good idea to bring up sexual stuff, neither hetero or homo, in a battle. Rarely ever works out.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #57
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I actually thought his angle in the first wasn't terrible. Iirc, he went after roc being gassed, which tbf, IS the obvious angle, but it was executed well. The third was just a terrible angle. It's never really a good idea to bring up sexual stuff, neither hetero or homo, in a battle. Rarely ever works out.
Well, if Ms. Hustle was his source for both then she's batting .500.. in some places that would put her in the hall of fame
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #58
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
both these two are among the most consistently dope... props to both for putting on a great battle. classic gets thrown around far too often and nitty vs ave and tay roc vs b magic are classics for sure...both have many classics but this one was just one notch below classic

im ramblin... but tldr->these guys are part of "what's right" about battling

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:55 AM   #59
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Both of these guys should probably take an extended hiatus from battling after this, you could tell they were both burnt out after pretty intense runs in 2016. Also, you could easily do 12 minutes of a segment on Don't Flop's Bad Bars just off Roc's material in this battle.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:56 AM   #60
mek

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
i love how tay roc comes up with something semi decent.. he gotta explain it

rum, dont get caught in the middle of this instrument..

spell it out and see...u get it? rum in the middle of instrument.. u guys see it? its right there!! rum! u see, na that shit go over ur head. thats light!

i feel like his real good shit gets shuffled in the mix and he yells out and repeats the dumbest shit
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #61
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
holy FUCK have we ever seen a poll this controversial?

what a HEATED DEBATABLE CLASSIC

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:19 AM   #62
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
holy FUCKING SHIT

319k views in one day LMAOOOO

URL>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EASILY a top battle of 2017

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #63
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
nutty still trash. Roc 3-0

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #64
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
This battle was up and down for me.

Nitty bored me quite a lot in this battle, this reminded me of his older ones. He does have some good lines "title in the air like a ladder match" was pretty creative. I still find myself switching off a lot, the way he raps doesn't really grab my attention and his shit starts sounding quite repetive after awhile. Also agree with 6000, some times those angles can be done in a funny way but a lot of the time it's dead.

Roc was killing it at time, had a few bad lines and then parts where he was rapping well but not really hitting. His opener was probably my favourite part of the battle, his 3rd would have been better if he didn't do the explanation thing. He was much better vs Ars, which is understandable, I think he got this 2-1 anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #65
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Whahaha the poll on URL has Tay Roc losing 32 to 68.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #66
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Super dope battle tho
Agree with this, definitely thought the same thing as far as sounding like surf

And good fucking god was the start of nittys third cringe, after that happened the other rounds didn't even matter to me. Talk about falling flat
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #67
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
I'd much rather have a gassed crowd than here crickets.
Scartown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #68
Kou

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Kou is not the worst person
2-1 either way, depends who you edge the 2nd to.
Kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:21 PM   #69
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
You want people to not cheer at all or something? The crowd was clearly letting them rap for longer stretches than they were letting chess and ave

And it's nearly classic to me because of all the nuances and interesting moments, including kitty's 3rd round
They probably did that because the crowd reaction was messing up chess
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #70
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This was a pretty terrible battle. Unnecessary dustups, Tay Roc was saying some of the worst bars I've heard this year, and Nitty came with what I can only describe as a "KOTD I just showed up to get a check" performance*.

He's the best* punchliner in battle rap next to Ave and he came with absolutely, positively ZERO haymakers. This is the guy who can string multiple of them together.

Jay Blac was right. How do you call Roc out forever and not have rounds for him already? HE'S the one you should have saved "Ill in the lobby, I grab the nose I'm comin down with something" for.

Instead?.. Eh. Nitty won because Roc was really, really average (even by Roc standards) 2-1. Will never watch again.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 AM   #71
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
this shit was heated! Battle was fire imo

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:22 AM   #72
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Felt like both were consistent for the most part, except for the first half and really the most part of Rum's third round. Whenever you do two rounds of straight bars and then u take a risk with a very personal third round and then no one really knows what the fuck you're talking about and then it kinda flops...that can give u a L imo, which it felt like it did this particular time for Rum if I placed myself in the room at the time.

If you come with a personal round, you better make sure that a lotta people know about it. Examples include k shine's tranny shit, Cal's pops, Hoffa fuckin with fags, etc. you don't go with a little known rumor that apparently ms hustle saw some shit happen or whatever. The crowd would rather hear bars.

But this is probably the best smack battle to come out in quite a while, although rum vs ave and ave vs chess were very good as well. Also t top vs surf was cool. Maybe this doesn't quite trump rum vs ave.

But I think by looking at the good url battles that have come out lately, you can see who's really trying in this shit.
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
127997, 128078, 55356, 55357, 56398, 57341