Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Help me Help Battle Rappers.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Help me Help Battle Rappers.

wheres the back and forth?

battling switching to strictly pre-written has really fucked up modern battle rap and theres so many reasons why.
Battles now= reciting random bars on stage.
thats not a rap battle.

this is just one of the many problems, but lets start with:
1) not acknowledging ur opponents round or defending urself.

somebody say something fake about u
somebody call u a faggot
somebody diss u in general....

u fucking respond OR ur got styled on. u accepted wat was said. it should be taken as fact. It got to you. You can't defend it. You can't argue it. You don't know what to say.

yes rounds are long and u can't address everything.. but address something!

and its not even hard.
charron is wild and has balls lol, he literally just thinks of the shit and sometimes its within seconds of it being said

but, there's other ways:
Predictive writing..DUN DUN DUN

if u can predict one word. ONE word ur opponent is gonna use. It could be ur name, it could be a common theme, it could be something u baited pre-battle

(i.e. "hey real deal, plz dont talk about my dying father"..then make a rebuttle to a dying dad joke..)

if u can do this, u can have a rebuttle OR address wat ur opponent said, every single round without freestyling.
how many rhymes do u think thesaurus has written that starts with:
"U said in that round that my face is ugly..." "U said my face got cut with razor blades...."

if u research a battle, u can predict tons of shit that he will say. every battle says atleast 1 word the same in EVERY battle.

1)Can you find: Other ways for rappers to be able to either Rebuttle, Address, Open Dialogue/ actually make it look like a back and forth

how the fuck do ppl watch 40 minute battles when theres no back and forth and its just two guys doing their set?

thats wat battle rap is.

Without starting an argument of whether this is even real.....
let me show a perfect example of this and show u guys wat a real battle (that may possibly be fake) is.
dont get me wrong they do occurr even to today they are just quite rare.

Last edited by SpecialOh; 12-10-2014 at 03:50 PM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #2
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
yaki yaki yaki yaki
Old 12-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
fuck it lol if this battle is real its goat

Last edited by SpecialOh; 12-10-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
I sorta know what OP means but I disagree that just because you didn't rebuttal something it makes it seem anymore factual or convicting tbh its more the other way around sometimes, its like people say you had to say something hot for someone to want to flip it

I do agree that there needs to be more back and forth and sometimes it can seem disjointed but this is usually due to the skill of the writers. Dope writers can structure rounds where they can rebuttal something before its even been said and sometimes its better just to stick to your writtens versus kicking a bullshit free just for the sake of rebuttals

This is where rappers like Diz and Charron fuck up- they think they're proving such a big point to the crowd by tryna rebuttal but really it can throw off your whole verse by having wack frees in there, people are just gonna say "oh that's just them choking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jereurghmy View Post

I do agree that there needs to be more back and forth and sometimes it can seem disjointed but this is usually due to the skill of the writers. Dope writers can structure rounds where they can rebuttal something before its even been said and sometimes its better just to stick to your writtens versus kicking a bullshit free just for the sake of rebuttals

This is where rappers like Diz and Charron fuck up- they think they're proving such a big point to the crowd by tryna rebuttal but really it can throw off your whole verse by having wack frees in there, people are just gonna say "oh that's just them choking"
first big ass paragraph totally agree man
even when its personal attacks vs gun bars or random stories or other battlers

as for the 2nd paragraph thats true and i think u shouldnt be quick on the trigger but always be aware and actively look for opportunities

when ppl went to battles b4 they were on their tippy toes they had to be sharp and outwit their opponent in the momment...they dont understand they can still do that!!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
btw that battles confirmed fake and yall some nerds thinking this is a classic I can't believe mac lethal actually exists he's like Iron Solomons creepy nerd cousin

but I know what special means this is why grindtime had the best battles they were way more joke/freestyle based and it made it feel more competitive

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #7
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jereurghmy View Post
btw that battles confirmed fake and yall some nerds thinking this is a classic omg I can't believe mac lethal actually exists he's like Iron Solomons creepy nerd cousin
hows it confirmed
@The Saurus u promised
@Ness Lee u always keep it real, u think ur homie lyin?
Old 12-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
SpecialOh

anyways im very happy i got a legit response thank you

charron's not even good, he just has balls and nobody else does
anyone can do it and its not biting his style or lame.. its expecteddd

if some1 chokes and u dont mention it in ur round or acknowledge it

u lose.

if he says something gay (like a fuck up) and u dont rebuttle
its not as gay.

capitalizeeee!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #9
SpecialOh

please direct ur responses to the battlers and not me

thats who we are helping.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Not everyone can do a rebuttal or flip or freestyle. You'd have to really live this shit.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
charron's not even good
And that's the problem for me, the majority of times people try do flips, it falls on its arse. Even some of the better freestyles still don't stand up against the standard of writtens.

Not to say I don't like them, in df especially you seem to get a lot more rebuttals, but still there are a lot of terrible ones out there and rebuttaling for the sake of it is just dumb.

People can just recact through the other guys rounds, the faces con and magic were pulling through each others verses worked just as well to create a back and forth for me.
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #12
MudDome79

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MudDome79 is a PY Poster
@SpecialOh
Did you watch T-TOP vs Th3 Saga? I think it's a perfect example of what you're talking about. I HIGHLY suggest you check it out and repost so we can chop it up afterward. Murda Mook makes a haphazard analysis on why it's so good at the end, but you touched on it a lot more in your initial post here, possibly without realizing it.
MudDome79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #13
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
tbh if you cant freestyle AT ALL you shouldnt be a battle rapper...
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #14
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDome79 View Post
@SpecialOh
Did you watch T-TOP vs Th3 Saga? I think it's a perfect example of what you're talking about. I HIGHLY suggest you check it out and repost so we can chop it up afterward. Murda Mook makes a haphazard analysis on why it's so good at the end, but you touched on it a lot more in your initial post here, possibly without realizing it.
thanks, im check this
Old 12-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #15
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
And that's the problem for me, the majority of times people try do flips, it falls on its arse. Even some of the better freestyles still don't stand up against the standard of writtens.

Not to say I don't like them, in df especially you seem to get a lot more rebuttals, but still there are a lot of terrible ones out there and rebuttaling for the sake of it is just dumb.

People can just recact through the other guys rounds, the faces con and magic were pulling through each others verses worked just as well to create a back and forth for me.
lmao yea sounds kinda silly but ur face reactions to other guy spitting is definitely important
Old 12-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #16
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Not everyone can do a rebuttal or flip or freestyle. You'd have to really live this shit.

did u not read my post?
anybody can! and if u dont have skill u can fake it to make it look like u can
Old 12-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #17
SkippyMacDotCom

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
SkippyMacDotCom is not the worst person
Hmm, remember in freestyle battles when they used to go 16 bars, switch, 16 bars, switch, repeat, and then 4 bars at a time back and forth on the beat? What if someone tried that with two good freestylers in the acapella format? Two timed rounds, then the 3rd they go 4-bar back and forth 8-10 times or somethin. That'd be a cool blend of freestyle and written, you'd need to come up with some shit on the spot, but if you couldn't come with anything or if you could only come up with a 2-bar way to do the flip you came up with, you gotta throw in some of the writtens you brought for that 3rd round
SkippyMacDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #18
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
did u not read my post?
anybody can! and if u dont have skill u can fake it to make it look like u can
I feel ya. I've done battles on Battle Addict where I rebuttaled the other guys words but you couldn't tell it was a freestyle cause it sounded written.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #19
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
I feel ya. I've done battles on Battle Addict where I rebuttaled the other guys words but you couldn't tell it was a freestyle cause it sounded written.
thats cuz ur too good.

most battlers wouldn't have this issue
(no body language tho so anything could be mistook)
Old 12-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #20
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
anyways im very happy i got a legit response thank you

charron's not even good, he just has balls and nobody else does
anyone can do it and its not biting his style or lame.. its expecteddd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpmV3eQhqU

if some1 chokes and u dont mention it in ur round or acknowledge it

u lose.

if he says something gay (like a fuck up) and u dont rebuttle
its not as gay.

capitalizeeee!
"Wanna talk about guns well this shit is ?Honor?
He said he's got those vine video's when he rips and slaughters"

Worst setup ever even tho the rebuttal was nice
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #21
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyMacDotCom View Post
Hmm, remember in freestyle battles when they used to go 16 bars, switch, 16 bars, switch, repeat, and then 4 bars at a time back and forth on the beat? What if someone tried that with two good freestylers in the acapella format? Two timed rounds, then the 3rd they go 4-bar back and forth 8-10 times or somethin. That'd be a cool blend of freestyle and written, you'd need to come up with some shit on the spot, but if you couldn't come with anything or if you could only come up with a 2-bar way to do the flip you came up with, you gotta throw in some of the writtens you brought for that 3rd round
DNA vs Dotz at DF 6BW was kiiiinda like that with no longer rounds, it was just 4 bars back and forth. Not a "classic" or hugely rewatchable or whatever, but a fun 5 minute battle that probably entertained the crowd well between "proper" battles. I'm not sure many battlers out there could pull it off well, though

at the 2.30 mark of this, there's an example of a similar thing from a DF 4 bar freestyle battle. That's the kind of back & forth OP is talking about I imagine @SpecialOh
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #22
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleowsuz View Post
"Wanna talk about guns well this shit is ?Honor?
He said he's got those vine video's when he rips and slaughters"

Worst setup ever even tho the rebuttal was nice
who cars how bad the set up is!
as long as u make it obvious ur thinkin of it on spot
Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #23
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Nils secret door flip against ogmios was classic
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yaki's on deck