Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Rum is trash more often than not. Prove me wrong.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Rum is trash more often than not. Prove me wrong.

This dude has like 1 hot little cluster of shit for every 48 not so hot things. Of the 48 its a mix of forced wordplay, poorly structured shit that dont make no sense, and just stupid shit. Always filler trash setups.

Legit most overrated dude.

Yo shit type whack it's a difference when I spit my raps/like I'll pull off the BELT...put you in a BOX...when I SLIDE THROUGH, the MACHINE kicks off, you think T'll say (TSA) some shit like that!

Bitch stop, when I March, .9 on me, don't be actin' like a B.I.G. shot

You're a pregnancy test, get a peeon lined up

Grab the nose runnin = trash

Jew Ls on cam is great, whistle like emmit till, give tsu veneers, he gon remember this shit, round in jerz like hot sauce

He has tight shit. I haven't checked tons. Would lub to be wrong and hes insane. But i think ppl just pretend hes insane cuz hes the guy rn

Plus bit illmacs o negative shit

Rip this board

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
Profess
become the conspiracy

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Didn't read this whole post but from what I know of you and what I know of Rum.. I'll say that many people like how Rum performs his bars and you don't feel the same way because your judging system is based on the words alone. If I am correct, then Eric Foreman is your favorite battler.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:48 PM   #3
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Rums voice and delivery are really annoying to me, tbh. At least his newer shit.

Nobody's flow and voice and delivery and style can make trash writing good tho. There's not tons of room anyway with acapella battling.

A tight line will be made way tighter by a sick delivery. Garbage lines can often be worse with someone delivering it so hard.

Mike p is like breaking down crying with intense emotion 2 syllable filler

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 02-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #4
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Didn't read this whole post but from what I know of you and what I know of Rum.. I'll say that many people like how Rum performs his bars and you don't feel the same way because your judging system is based on the words alone. If I am correct, then Eric Foreman is your favorite battler.
You couldn't be more wrong lmao

Similar two trash bars and great delivery, the best lines in the world are still going to suck when somebody fumbles through them Super Meek and stuttery. And eriks writing doesnt do much for me anyway

Old 02-05-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
I support this
Old 02-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #6
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Oh here we go wit this shit
Rum now???
What too many people agree wit you on Chilla and the troll itch aint really get scratched properly?

I get we do the whole bizzarro battle world, whats up is down, whats white is black, type shit here but Rum?
Rum? What the entire fuck is going on
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:25 PM   #7
irvsykeg

Maybe instead of doing that

You can post examples of rum being good?

Old 02-05-2020, 11:22 PM   #8
irvsykeg

Neanderthol just melting down at this LOL this board reallly mean suttin to u huh bro

Old 02-05-2020, 11:32 PM   #9
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:47 PM   #10
irvsykeg

Also what's tworks hottest shit that isnt verb. Twork seems fun.

Old 02-06-2020, 12:11 AM   #11
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
Neanderthol just melting down at this LOL this board reallly mean suttin to u huh bro
Meltdown? Please son. Sit down. You just have bad opinions, its like "intro to the opposites" for you everyday all day.

I have no problem admitting though that seeing this place die to such a degree doesn't make me happy. I've expressed this before but is what it is I guess (shrug.)

A better question is why are you taking on the task of being THE official killer of it though?

I'm confused why everyone else isn't wondering the same thing.

How gassed can a few namedrops from 6-10 years ago get a person?

How did shit get to where the best battlers of the last 4 years all suck because Saurus's friend White Shadow said so??
Old 02-06-2020, 12:19 AM   #12
irvsykeg

you are delusional man. like severely out of touch with what happened to this board and the battle scene in general

the idea that i have done anything to help kill the board is hysterical. even if i am posting about shit sucking, its not replacing anything better. this board is the direct offshoot of RM which i absolutely did more than you to keep alive so eat a dick. i am your father

where are ur hot threads resurrecting this trash heap? and again, u could be contributing, but ur mourning this message board like a weirdo

no idea what ur last sentence even means. but the ez answer is: you are impressed by lines i won't be. because i can write better than these guys. there's actually been a decent pulse on calling out garbage lines on twitter/fb in recent months and its given me a new hope

quit ruining my ballin ass thread

Last edited by irvsykeg; 02-06-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:21 AM   #13
irvsykeg

anyway reddit dorks talmbout jc vs rum and they all think jc 3-0d rum. not gonna bother watching it, but reading lyrics and jc as bad as ever and rum's way better imo

If I catch you playin’, its reverends prayin’ and heaven’s waitin’
Then J get some type of angel wit him like Hector laced it

If a nigga try me, it’s gon’ get you bodied
Behind the mic, I dead dancers: you a Thriller zombie

But who killed you is the main question
‘Cause I ain’t show my face and kept my mouth zipped
I’m a Bape sweater

idk how folks thinking jc won this shit. rum had some decent shit in that.

Old 02-06-2020, 12:28 AM   #14
irvsykeg

This whole punch setup delivery shit y’all do, not impressive
It predates y’all, that’s why the lane small

if y'all hate me talking about how terrible and basic these dudes are, can u at least extend that to this dildo doing this shit? even if i'm some dickmouth internet fag and jc is top top tier legendary battler... he is 100% not above all the other top top top tiers to do this shit

Old 02-06-2020, 12:31 AM   #15
irvsykeg

genuinely interested in hearing any of ur guys thoughts on these bars or any others. ppl just hot/cold "this guy is top tier!" and apply it to everything they've done

emancee posted some decent jc the other day. where the rest of the rum performances + someone drop a hot TWORK.

dude said in some clip "shoebox wit holes in it -- i got an animal inside!" loved that

Old 02-06-2020, 12:37 AM   #16
irvsykeg

He wanna die though, I pull a special-made custom auto
Then I raise iron like Cus D’Amato
I said what strap you peel wit?
I get at you, real shit
If I send you the pound your whole pack get aired out like I vacuum sealed it
Trap talk, you know nothin’ ‘bout it, but you do be snappin’ on ‘em
I can’t lie, he’s unbelievable
But you not believable, that’s your problem
Bitch-ass nigga, do somethin’!
I ain’t even have a bar right there, I just wanted to prove somethin’

mmmmm

gonna queue that shit up later. this is the longest stretch of tight shit i done heard from rum

also who shouted me out 10 years ago god damn i am old

Old 02-06-2020, 01:46 AM   #17
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
genuinely interested in hearing any of ur guys thoughts on these bars or any others. ppl just hot/cold "this guy is top tier!" and apply it to everything they've done

emancee posted some decent jc the other day. where the rest of the rum performances + someone drop a hot TWORK.

dude said in some clip "shoebox wit holes in it -- i got an animal inside!" loved that
are you talking about JC v Danny Meyers?

somethin blah blah blah
Danny's funeral; Set, scene, techs, squeeze
and put holes in his box like he tryin to help his pet breathe

setup was kinda desperate (a box is a coffin and blah blah blah) but the punch was something
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:04 AM   #18
irvsykeg

no, definitely not. and wtf does that even mean. hes going to shoot his casket? lmao, that is a certifiable trash line from every angle

WHY WOULD UR PET BE IN A BOX WITHOUT AIRHOLES ANYWAY or even a box

tworks shit like a wild aminal, like when i tried rescuing that bird on the road who got hit by a car. i tried fellas but he aintmake it RIP

nah man 100% twork and kinda recent iirc, seent it on the tweeter

holes in a shoe box -- I GOT AN ANIMAL INSIDE!!

am like 90% sure i have that line right and i def know that jc loos like frailobama and danny on that raphael wit freckles tip, pretty sure twork

Old 02-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #19
irvsykeg

it was twork vs. calicoe

"poke holes in a shoebox - i got an animal inside!"

Old 02-06-2020, 02:17 AM   #20
irvsykeg

reading the lyrics to twork and calicoe. i assume it's on the app or not out yet. man twork sounds like a lot of fun. instead of neanderBAWL telling me i ruined this website, y'all shoulda just hyped me on twork

twork seems in his own league for his delivery and style. anybody else out there spaz like this? bill collector is unique right?

Old 02-06-2020, 02:33 AM   #21
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
no, definitely not. and wtf does that even mean. hes going to shoot his casket? lmao, that is a certifiable trash line from every angle

WHY WOULD UR PET BE IN A BOX WITHOUT AIRHOLES ANYWAY or even a box
lmfao... i know... JC is a fuckin goober
Old 02-06-2020, 02:39 AM   #22
Neanderthol

Quote:
you are delusional man. like severely out of touch with what happened to this board and the battle scene in general...
How tf I'm outta touch wit the battle scene when you are someone that admits to not watchin the damn battles and then cherry picks the most revered battlers in the current scene and shits on em? I've been consistent in weighing in on the to-the-minute/here and now of BR here for years but its w/e. You are reading lyrics from battles and making judgement, cant be more outta touch than that.

Yea I don't make many threads because people and their "shit" tend to bother me (as we can clearly see,) but tru enough your point that I could be trying to resurrect shit is valid.

And yes I understand forums have died off/are a thing of the past, cool; that doesn't mean light the dumpster fire. The shit looks crazy

I mean as I'm reading this thread rn, it seems that you are hearing for the first time certain shit we been heard and actually fucking wit it so doesn't that in itself alert to you that you may need to revisit your analysis?

At the end of the day real battle rap is not a rap genius text printout. There are more elements to this game than simply the writing. And thats beside the fact that these cats are 100% fire to the audience they wrote the material for.

and Im good wit the lil name-callin shit

Quote:
quit ruining my ballin ass thread
You got it. Out.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:52 AM   #23
Profess
become the conspiracy

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@irvsykeg vs @Neanderthol text battle. @Felicity Halsey as the ring girl. @KBomb.. set it up!

Sending out the bat signal to legendary hypeman @LukeWaltonisGoat

Last edited by Profess; 02-06-2020 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #24
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
I have never and will never watch a Rum Nitty battle on account of the name alone... I HATE the name RUM NITTY.. HATE IT... Sounds like a fucking drink with rum, butter and cinnamon as ingredients

and I clicked a Rum Nitty battle once and he was wearing "beanie" I think is what you Americans call it, and the guy looked like a black version of papa smurf and I instantly closed the battle
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #25
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
got to admit, i've never been a rum fan. he has crazy lines but he does that annoying stretchy wordplay too much

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. geechi
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #26
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Quote:
@irvsykeg vs @Neanderthol text battle. @Felicity Halsey as the ring girl. @KBomb.. set it up!

Ring girl job would be fun
Old 02-07-2020, 04:55 AM   #27
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1553 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:

dont let me get back on my lush one shit

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #28
Emancee

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So we're in agreement that half of these punchlines that rappers spit are corny as hell and we should focus mostly on rap skill, delivery, style and presence? I've been saying that for years, glad to see people are catching on...
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #29
irvsykeg

Yall like wack lines delivered the same way each time. And just accept "this is good" and apparently calling out trash is me ruining websites

Ill take a dump on neanderbathroomSTALL later

Old 02-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #30
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
idk i like Rum most of the time. more a Whisky guy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:35 AM   #31
iamHBY

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I thought Nitty had some solid stuff against Tsu Surf (and certainly stuff that aged way better than Surf's material in that battle did).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:19 AM   #32
Sky2real

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
While I agree Rum is overrated, I don’t agree with you saying “Grab the nose runnin = trash”. That was a good line.

They say Ill is in the lobby! I grab the nose runnin, I’m comin down with somethin

Care to explain what’s wrong with it?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #33
irvsykeg

Nobody calls a gun a nose.

A snubnose is a real thing, yes, but no one just says "hey pass me the nose!"

Who the fuck just grabs their nose when they're getting sick? Ur nose is running and u blow it lol not grab it wtf

He crams the scenario in a hotel for no reason other than to say hes coming down lol

Its trash and bigg k was correct for calling it out

Old 02-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #34
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Nobody calls a gun a nose.

A snubnose is a real thing, yes, but no one just says "hey pass me the nose!"

Who the fuck just grabs their nose when they're getting sick? Ur nose is running and u blow it lol not grab it wtf

He crams the scenario in a hotel for no reason other than to say hes coming down lol

Its trash and bigg k was correct for calling it out
reaches are the new punches in an oversaturated "scene"
Old 02-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #35
irvsykeg

And people accepting this shitty writing does nothing to help. I dont expect everyone to be a laureate but I'd rather people just say tight shit instead of forcing stupid wordplay that dont.make sense

Old 02-08-2020, 07:24 PM   #36
Profess
become the conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post

They say Ill is in the lobby! I grab the nose runnin, I’m comin down with somethin

Care to explain what’s wrong with it?
One of the best lines of all time .. alas trash or great is subjective

Old 02-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #37
irvsykeg

Yeah i guess I'm just not impressed with lines using huge reaches or slang that isn't really used. And i still don't understand grabbing a nose when it is running lol

The entire point of wordplay is to flex. Its showing off and doing extra shit to impress. Drawing truly clever and olid and unique parallels is tough. Thats why its impressive when u get there.

When ur line doesnt make sense and takes obvious shortcuts to work, its just garbage to me. Do less and make sense. It's retarded as fuck when people act like someone is in anal nitpick for expecting your punchline to make sense. Like that's literally the entire point, to make some clever observation as a flex. If it doesn't make sense, you should feel stupid

Shitty punches that have to use circle, square, money etc are also meh to me unless they're super clever. But usually its juat a cheat to add another shitty and unnecessary layer to a punch

Fuckin 63827483843 objects on earth are circular or square. U can always fit something in to that shit so it isnt impressive esp if ur just not saying anything anyway

Chilla saying "its in your genes to connect with squares like a wallet chain" is just terrible

Last edited by irvsykeg; 02-08-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #38
irvsykeg

Can someone explain why that bar is so hot? Nobody calls a gun a nose and nobody grabs their nose when it's runny

Old 02-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #39
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
How tf I'm outta touch wit the battle scene when you are someone that admits to not watchin the damn battles and then cherry picks the most revered battlers in the current scene and shits on em? I've been consistent in weighing in on the to-the-minute/here and now of BR here for years but its w/e.
you're out of touch with howbr discourse has evolved, specifically w/ its impact on this board. you 1) incorrectly attribute the natural death of this neglected msg board to my infrequent posts, while 2) simultaneously considering your consistent weighing in as raising the health bar.

they are one in the same, brah. my posts killed nothing. in a vacuum, your replies don't make it thrive. we are both cogs in the same machine.

while not my intention, one could argue contrarian opinions promote more discussion. regardless, if folks leave due to my infrequent posts shattering their positive battle rap bubble, that's more a reflection to how weak the rest of the content is here.

if consistently weighing in on battle rap earns you points to whine and complain then i've built up more than enough credit to do as i please for all eternity.

re: killing the booard:

average stats on first 2 pages (excluding mine, including stickies) are about 9 replies, 680 views. average stats for page 1 of threads i've started (excluding decoy is pedo which is 411 replies, 59k views) is 24 replies, 2500 views. tbf, these stretch back to 2014 when board was more active. so last year or so of my threads are 25 replies, 1894 views. granted i'm prob half the replies in every thread i make, but views are the more important metric anyway. that aint killing the board.

if you feel some way about my critique of battlers YOU revere, post something discussing it you fucking dumbbell. this is a message board: use it for discussion and voice your opinion. you seem to want an echo chamber. i literally made a thread stating my opinion clearly and asked for examples on the contrary. u ain't posted shit.

im also encouraging suggestions for good rum bars which i acknowledge exist. u could recommend stuff and/or explain why you think certain things are good, too. but you didn't.

Quote:
You are reading lyrics from battles and making judgement, cant be more outta touch than that.
yes, because in an acapella battle, lyrics are much more important to me. battlers have much less room to be entertaining without a beat and the vast majority of them have adopted the except same writing style which directly influences their flow and delivery. and if lines are terrible to me, there is no amount of delivery that can make them solid.

wtf does this have to do with anything anyway? the lyrics are the lyrics. these are what the dude's wrote and spit. there isn't anythign wrong w/ picking them out and discussing them lol

do you think i've never watched battles? i've never listened to rap? bro, i don't have 80 minutes to kill on a single battle that is absolutely unwatchable to me. beyond the fact so many of these dudes rap the same, they often aren't even rapping! the motherfuckers have to stop EVERY SINGLE BAR because the crowds are going nuts at lines that don't actually make sense. shit is unwatchable. so yeah, ill skim the lyrics to see if anything jumps out to me.

dog i know how JC raps. none of his lines are enhanced to me by hearing him ramble off-beat with his garbage writing only to stop at 0 response in the crowd and run it back. shut the fuck up.

Quote:
Yea I don't make many threads because people and their "shit" tend to bother me (as we can clearly see,) but tru enough your point that I could be trying to resurrect shit is valid.
be the change you wish to see in the world. start your own msg board or something (even tho reddit + fb have kind of wiped them out). start ur own blog.

Quote:
And yes I understand forums have died off/are a thing of the past, cool; that doesn't mean light the dumpster fire. The shit looks crazy
i think you are the only one who sees a thread like this and thinks it's putting the nail in the coffin on this board, whether intentionally or not.

Quote:
I mean as I'm reading this thread rn, it seems that you are hearing for the first time certain shit we been heard and actually fucking wit it so doesn't that in itself alert to you that you may need to revisit your analysis?
revisit my analysis on what? you knowing of certain battles that i haven't watched doesn't put you in a position of authority or at a higher understanding when it comes to analysis.

no, perhaps unlike others, i've been involved enough to know what i like and why. i don't give a shit if you like wack shit and don't think folks need to battle or write or whatever to have valid opinions, but the idea that general consensus is correct and dissenting opinions are inherently wrong is stupid.

if we are going to assign different values to opinions, why would yours be worth more than mine? i was watching battles in 2002 and have been to a million of 'em, including to SJ, spin the mic, botb's, etc. i have judged multiple battles irl. i have battled 2x 1v1, 3x 2v2, several freestyle battles, etc. battlers who u respect have consistently asked for my advice for over 15 years on their writing/approach/angles, etc.

i could say YOU should revisit your analysis dur hur hur. but i wouldn't, because that'd be stupid. because those things don't matter because you should like whatever the fuck u like by deciding for yourself if it's good or not.

Quote:
At the end of the day real battle rap is not a rap genius text printout. There are more elements to this game than simply the writing. And thats beside the fact that these cats are 100% fire to the audience they wrote the material for.
at the end of the day, battle rap can be enjoyed however people want. the idea i don't understand battle rap because i don't care to devote hours to hear dude's recite forced wordplay is stupid. yes, there are more elements to the game than simply writing, which is precisely why i don't care for modern era BR. because i am completely in tune with what i like as far as the other shit goes, and these dudes are not it.

and even if writing was the most insignificant aspect, that doesn't invalidate the merits of discussing lyrics. go make a "rum raps so cool" thread if u want

tl;dr:

i didn't kill the board. if you disagree with my opinions, say something. line still sucks.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #40
irvsykeg

tangentially related imo, but one major difference between current BR and the past i've noticed is:

exponentially more frequent: fans casting their vote on winner. like every yt or fb comment is some shit like, 2-1 either way! its soo frequently centered on a winner, yet:

almost non-existent: fans quoting ANY lines or discussing specifics on performance.

i gots my own theories on why this is

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221