Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
THE battle (besides verb vs lux) is Hollow vs Math

Old 12-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
THE battle (besides verb vs lux) is Hollow vs Math

exhibit A: right here

Math says Hollow aint about that life and got stupid off that lean shit.

Maybe this is just to make up beef idk but the tension seems real. I fuck with both guys but I think it'd be a dope battle and a risky one for Hollow.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
A risky one for both of them if Math Hoffa loses he will get certified bum status
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Math clearly wants it but the beef seems pretty transparent to me, like he's only doing it to get his name popping again. Could be good, could be really underwhelming though.
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
nah its real
after listening to them on Angryfan Radio, its irreconcilable it seems
Math feels like they were real friends that stayed at each others houses and shit and can't see how Hollow could take the Diz battle and hes more mad that Hollow was seen kickin it wit Krack city at some point recently and, of course, they jumped him

Hollow felt like Math had years to do something and how long is he supposed to go on missing money and holding grudges for someone else

Hollow also spoke on some real life shit Math and Hollow went through, which Math took issue with Hollow even speaking on, and they have serious disagreements to the exact nature of how that unfolded and why (somethin about Hollow saying he ducked bullets for Math, while Math says they were both where shots were fired and that Hollow jumped in a lake haha)

then Hollow said after his son was born he put all grudges aside and that is why he decided to go ahead and do the Diz battle

etc... yea they fell out
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Math has been trash recently, wouldn't even be close.

The history is interesting, but so was Caustic vs Cane's.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #6
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
math hoffa will destroy hollow badly...

hollow dont want that battle, that shit would hurt his image
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:19 AM   #7
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
math is a bum

he hasnt had quotables in forever

he just mad hollow making $ off tees. math tried selling tees for a couple of months and then took down his site lmao

everyone know hollow was on lean. exposing your "friend" in a vlog just wack. and NYB is just a bunch of rappers who meet up at battle events.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #8
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Math Hoffa is still math Hoffa, when he turns up he is very good and the same with hollow.

But...I'm not interested in seeing this battle. They need to sort their shit out; squash this nonsense.

I think Hollow is right, Math should have sorted the situation out with Diz way sooner.
Battling is Hollow's livelihood, he needs to make connections to keep progressing. Hollow has a likeable personality and seems to be cool with everyone. why should he pay for Math's reputation and bitterness? Nigga got kids to feed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #9
Marcus

Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Math is one Chuck of salt. The battle doesnt excite me at all. Math been wack, cant even crlearly beat Jimz (it was debatable not even classic) Please being in something else

Hollow vs Bigg K or Hollow vs Iron or Hollow vs T-Top or Hollow vs Brizz
Either of those in the small room will be way better than this WWE horseshit
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #10
lukej

lukej is not the worst person
Comparing this to Verb vs Lux is laughable.

Hollow would 3-0 Math.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
Assassin Ben

Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeah please give us: Verb vs Lux, please!!!!

That battle should have happened a long time ago. I feel like Lux doesn't feel like Verb would be a good match up.

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Old 12-15-2017, 01:34 AM   #12
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Math needs this battle. Hollow doesn't. This would be Math's comeback, and it's really the only way to put him back on top. If Hollow does it, it'd be as a favor. Hollow doesn't need this or the money that'd come from it unless they give him more than his usual.

Imo, if I were in Math's position, I wouldn't be mad at Hollow for going out and getting paid. I'm not even a father and I understand that, so as a father himself, I don't understand how he doesn't. I'd never put my friendship in the way of someone making their money. Business is business, and I think Math's wrong from bringing friendship into that, especially when Math's own money isn't being affected by Hollow making it. I don't even see it as Hollow being disloyal. Disloyal would be Hollow talking about Math behind his back to ingratiate himself with KOTD or Diz. All he did was accept a battle and mop the floor with the guy that jumped his friend.

Whatever. If Hollow cares at all about Math, he'd give him this chance to reinvent and rejuvenate his career.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:05 AM   #13
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I agree verb v lux and hollow v math need to happen. Bigg k v ave needs to go down as well and Danny myers v head ice needs to go down ( Danby going for king of Harlem crown)
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #14
Marcus

Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I agree verb v lux and hollow v math need to happen. Bigg k v ave needs to go down as well and Danny myers v head ice needs to go down ( Danby going for king of Harlem crown)
You were doing so well....
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:11 AM   #15
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You were doing so well....
I heard something about that on the smack v1 ppv. Tbh not sure I want to see that battle. But I am intrigued by the king of x city battle title. For example, if you beat hitman, verb, magic, and young Ill then you are king of st Louis... Detroit, Harlem ect
Old 12-16-2017, 02:01 AM   #16
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Yeah but they're both washed up....
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #17
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
I really don't want to see this battle happen honestly. You could pretty much tell what the content of their battle would be with the blogs and phone interview stuff. Would rather see NYB come back as a battle group.
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:41 AM   #18
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
danny myers vs head ice? was that like a little joke thrown in at the end, there

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 AM   #19
Profess

In a way, yes.. but hasn't Danny beat most or all of the other main Harlem battlers? If he hasn't then it makes no sense, but if he has then Danny going for the King of Harlem title gives the matchup some purpose. I know he has battled Rex and Shine.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #20
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

danny myers is very talented but his delivery is so corny... i dont know how people just leave that out lol

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 12-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #21
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

but back on math vs hollow...

math is very good when he has a good angle on his opponent: vs JJDD, Dose, Diz, Marv etc

there would be actual tension at this battle as well

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 12-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #22
Assassin Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Math needs this battle. Hollow doesn't. This would be Math's comeback, and it's really the only way to put him back on top. If Hollow does it, it'd be as a favor. Hollow doesn't need this or the money that'd come from it unless they give him more than his usual.

Imo, if I were in Math's position, I wouldn't be mad at Hollow for going out and getting paid. I'm not even a father and I understand that, so as a father himself, I don't understand how he doesn't. I'd never put my friendship in the way of someone making their money. Business is business, and I think Math's wrong from bringing friendship into that, especially when Math's own money isn't being affected by Hollow making it. I don't even see it as Hollow being disloyal. Disloyal would be Hollow talking about Math behind his back to ingratiate himself with KOTD or Diz. All he did was accept a battle and mop the floor with the guy that jumped his friend.

Whatever. If Hollow cares at all about Math, he'd give him this chance to reinvent and rejuvenate his career.
Yes Jerry, repped

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Old 12-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #23
lukej

Quote:

It's important to note that for two years, Hollow avoided the Diz battle, which is an obvious payday...saying that he had to go see Math and resolve this shit. So he regularly turned down money for two years out of loyalty to his friend

Just pointing that out
Old 12-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #24
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukej View Post
It's important to note that for two years, Hollow avoided the Diz battle, which is an obvious payday...saying that he had to go see Math and resolve this shit. So he regularly turned down money for two years out of loyalty to his friend

Just pointing that out
He wasn't ''avoiding'' Diz. He was busy battling Budden and Lux.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #25
lukej

Quote:
He wasn't ''avoiding'' Diz. He was busy battling Budden and Lux.
He was definitely turning down money (Diz). I'm aware that he battled besides that.

Thanks buddy