Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Aye Verb 3-0'd Twork

Old 04-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Aye Verb 3-0'd Twork

I don't know if you guys seen the PPV or not, but Verb cleaned him up every round. Verb really broke him down.

If you are the type of person that can't see through the gas you might want to give Twork the third because he revealed his odd shaped head, but please go back and listen, and try not to let the reactions persuade you.

Twork was there with his whole team, and fanboys. They knew he was loosing so in that third they were over reacting to everything, and when he took his hood off they all exploded to save face. Easily the most gassed round in a long time.

The difference between them is clear. Verb actually raps, and what he says has meaning. Twork does creative things with words and yells bars, but what he says doesn't even mean anything.

Go back and watch it again if you haven't. That third is smoke and mirrors. Try and not let the crowd influence you and just listen to what they are both saying.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
false.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think I had given Twork the 3rd by default since it wasn't Verb's strongest round, but I feel like Verb definitely took the 1st 2 rounds, but I'll have to watch the battle back again. That said, Verb's 2nd was fuckin' phenomenal, and it was wack that on the post-show, essentially Champion had on Twork's manager and Twork's homegirl to recap the battle (and Verb was right to check Rome the way he did).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
verb was good all 3 rounds w/his 3rd being his weakest. it's definitely a debatable 2-1 with twork having a strong second round with more content while verb had his peak in the 2nd with the "surf somethin, lurch comin" shit but then his round kinda tapered off and twork's 3rd was easily the round of the event lol.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:05 PM   #5
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
i can give verb the battle 2-1 but def not a 3-0.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #6
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I've watched Twork's third multiple times and it's still the hypest shit ever
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:13 AM   #7
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
verb had that vibe during his third where you know you cant beat what your opponent just did in that last round but you're obligated to finish anyway , the whole energy hadbeen taken out of the room it was a bit like emerson kennedy's third against b dot, you can give verb the first 2 cant take the 3rd away from twork in my opinion.

That was one of aye verbs worst showtimes to me as well tbh