Understanding How Seasoned Fans Kno Battle Results More Than Attendees

Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
WillyRotel

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
WillyRotel is a PY Poster
Understanding How Seasoned Fans Kno Battle Results More Than Attendees

this will be the only time i "explain this"

i intentionally made this a little longer to weed out dumbfucks

ok... i c a lot of new fans still confused as hell how seasoned fans continually laugh at updates... and end up being correct wen the footage drops... sum of these "new kids" even go to the events live... see it with there own eyes... are in a room full of people that agree with wut they saw... and really really dont get it

in order to explain this... lets examine it...

1. take a look at a presedential election..lets say Rhode island reports there votes first... and they overwhelming vote for candidate A... stop right there... should we all sit back and say "oh ya.... candidate A won this easily".... thats wut u new guys do

now lets use a real life battle example... wen tay roc battled b magic... it was overwhelming that tay roc whooped him based on the live updates... everyone said it... and wen i said "ya ok... im sure magic won"... they said how the fuck would u know? u werent there... everyone is saying roc got it...

now lets look at "everyone".... that venue caps out capacity at 610 people.... over 500,000 ultimately watched the battle... so wut we have here... is just like rhode island in the example above.... the opinion of not even close to 1% of the watchers ... so should we just stop there and say "thats it"... rhode island has spoken .... thats number one... theyre going off the opinion of not even clise to 1% of the ultimate voters...

2. more than half of the people there (being extremely generous)... dont even give updates that were heard by all of us... in fact... everyone generally goes off about 10 peoples opinions on twitter... and spreads them.... that not even close to 1%... just went down to not even close to that

3. understand history... and learn from it... 90% of the time when the reports turn out to be wrong... they are in favor of one of two things... 1. battlers that yell... 2. battlers with extremely simple bars.... so they are consistently wrong about the same types of battlers... so then wut we as seasoned fans look for is.... were there any major chokes or anything for the more complicated battler? if not... it tips us off immediately that they are good to go...

i will update the rest in a second part... but this is a lot of information for new fans already... and i want be sure they are able to get this first... i cant "overload" them yet... or they will get confused....

buh buh buh... i was there

Last edited by WillyRotel; 12-19-2013 at 02:23 AM.
WillyRotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
NatGeografik

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
NatGeografik is not the worst person
Damn, I'm not only agreeing with Willy cuz he has the right opinion; he actually backed it up with logic and facts. These kids could "learn" a thing or "two" from this post
NatGeografik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
I get what you're saying dude but the Presidential election analogy wasn't the correct one to use.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
NatGeografik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
I get what you're saying dude but the Presidential election analogy wasn't the correct one to use.
He did later on admit that the Rhode Island example would actually give a better indication of the presidential results than these 10 or so dorks that are willing to post twitter updates
Old 12-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #5
Damn

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Damn is a PY Poster
I think for the most part the divergence in opinion between the live audiences and the "seasoned" (online) viewers tends to vary because they're two inherently different consumption methods for battle rap. In specific, the energy guys (DNA, Charlie Clips, Dizaster, Hitman Holla etc...) come off more strongly in person. With the energy they bring, the audience (often intoxicated and hype as fuck) are much more likely to give them the edge over someone who brings more bar heavy material (B Magic, JC, Chilla Jones, etc...).

Last edited by Damn; 12-19-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Damn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #6
yomama
Banned

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
yomama is a PY Poster
ron paul 2012
yomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn View Post
I think for the most part the divergence in opinion between the live audiences and the "seasoned" (online) viewers tends to vary because they're two inherently different consumption methods for battle rap. In specific, the energy guys (DNA, Charlie Clips, Dizaster, Hitman Holla etc...) come off more strongly in person. With the energy they bring, the audience (often intoxicated and hype as fuck) are much more likely to give them the edge over someone who bring more bar heavy material (B Magic, JC, Chilla Jones, etc...).
i actually plan to touch on that in the second part.. not quite like u said it tho...
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #8
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRotel View Post
this will be the only time i "explain this"

i intentionally made this a little longer to weed out dumbfucks

ok... i c a lot of new fans still confused as hell how seasoned fans continually laugh at updates... and end up being correct wen the footage drops... sum of these "new kids" even go to the events live... see it with there own eyes... are in a room full of people that agree with wut they saw... and really really dont get it

in order to explain this... lets examine it...

1. take a look at a presedential election..lets say Rhode island reports there votes first... and they overwhelming vote for candidate A... stop right there... should we all sit back and say "oh ya.... candidate A won this easily".... thats wut u new guys do

now lets use a real life battle example... wen tay roc battled b magic... it was overwhelming that tay roc whooped him based on the live updates... everyone said it... and wen i said "ya ok... im sure magic won"... they said how the fuck would u know? u werent there... everyone is saying roc got it...

now lets look at "everyone".... that venue caps out capacity at 610 people.... over 500,000 ultimately watched the battle... so wut we have here... is just like rhode island in the example above.... the opinion of not even close to 1% of the watchers ... so should we just stop there and say "thats it"... rhode island has spoken .... thats number one... theyre going off the opinion of not even clise to 1% of the ultimate voters...

2. more than half of the people there (being extremely generous)... dont even give updates that were heard by all of us... in fact... everyone generally goes off about 10 peoples opinions on twitter... and spreads them.... that not even close to 1%... just went down to not even close to that

3. understand history... and learn from it... 90% of the time when the reports turn out to be wrong... they are in favor of one of two things... 1. battlers that yell... 2. battlers with extremely simple bars.... so they are consistently wrong about the same types of battlers... so then wut we as seasoned fans look for is.... were there any major chokes or anything for the more complicated battler? if not... it tips us off immediately that they are good to go...

i will update the rest in a second part... but this is a lot of information for new fans already... and i want be sure they are able to get this first... i cant "overload" them yet... or they will get confused....

buh buh buh... i was there
here's the thing u seem to be forgetting…

just cuz someone won a battle live but lost it on tape DOES NOT MEAN THE LIVE REACTIONS WERE WRONG…seeing something in person an seeing it on youtube are two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS namean…real shit…

granted, the victory that will linger more permanently is the on-tape win, but that doesn't mean the in-the-building win counts for nothing…people act like they're the same thing, but the fact is they never been or will be…

u lose 70-80% of the vibe an energy of a live battle when it goes to tape…so when u make a judgement off a battle when it drops on youtube, ur judging a battle that's missing 70-80% of what made it what it was namean…

all this talk about "seasoned fans" an shit but if u were truly a seasoned fan @WillyRotel u would understand this fundamental aspect of battle rap…a live win is just as valid as an on-tape win, they're just two different things…

only a "non-seasoned newbie fan" would actually think that tape is an accurate representation of exactly what happened in the venue…it's all good tho, i'm sure this is another pre-excuse for people saying ill will beat magic...

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #9
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDetour View Post
here's the thing u seem to be forgetting…

just cuz someone won a battle live but lost it on tape DOES NOT MEAN THE LIVE REACTIONS WERE WRONG…seeing something in person an seeing it on youtube are two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS namean…real shit…

granted, the victory that will linger more permanently is the on-tape win, but that doesn't mean the in-the-building win counts for nothing…people act like they're the same thing, but the fact is they never been or will be…

u lose 70-80% of the vibe an energy of a live battle when it goes to tape…so when u make a judgement off a battle when it drops on youtube, ur judging a battle that's missing 70-80% of what made it what it was namean…

all this talk about "seasoned fans" an shit but if u were truly a seasoned fan @WillyRotel u would understand this fundamental aspect of battle rap…a live win is just as valid as an on-tape win, they're just two different things…

only a "non-seasoned newbie fan" would actually think that tape is an accurate representation of exactly what happened in the venue…it's all good tho, i'm sure this is another pre-excuse for people saying ill will beat magic...
do explain how a live win is just as valid as an on tape win... we're all ears
Old 12-19-2013, 02:55 AM   #10
SmoothCutProductions

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
SmoothCutProductions is a PY Poster
The vibe when you go to a live event is alot different. Alot of times you're so into the battling atmosphere at the event that you think you heard something hot that really ends up being an average line on youtube. I was at vendetta and the canibus and diz battle was a murder on youtube but so much worse in person. During Diz's third the crowd was ready to jump in the ring just to stop Diz and leave canibus with some dignity.
SmoothCutProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #11
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Willy is right

Guaranteed Pesci bodied Soul on the footage
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #12
AREpee420
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
AREpee420 is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatGeografik View Post
Damn, I'm not only agreeing with Willy cuz he has the right opinion; he actually backed it up with logic and facts. These kids could "learn" a thing or "two" from this post
willy has really come around.. i used to think he was the worst troll poster ever.. now i agree with the dude often cus he actually supplies reasoning and statements with a lot less moments of being overly drastic and opinionated, that make sense.
AREpee420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #13
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
I agree with Willy on this one...nowadays a great majority of the lines that people tweet from a live event I think are straight ass...I kind of disagree with detour... if I think someone 3-0 or 2-1'd someone live at the event, and then on cam I realize that the other person got the 3-0, it makes me feel pretty dumb tbh haha

it seems like the only way to solve this would be to have a in crowd camera as part of a ppv....like, literally from the perspective of someone in the crowd hahahaha
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #14
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
@TheRealDetour, u also gotta remember that, in a lot of cases, more than 500 times as many people observe the battle online, as opposed to the people who watched it live
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #15
DJQuotes

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
DJQuotes is not the worst person
Battle rappers who are more aggressive with their delivery and less complicated with their bars will always have the edge live at the venue because most of the fans there are drunk and high, won't catch all the bars, and will get more hype from the way someone said something rather than what they actually said.

When you watch a battle repeatedly on youtube, you can catch all the bars and make a more accurate judgment.

It's as simple as that.

Ill Will won in the room. No matter how many of these "weird" threads you make hatin on Ill Will or making Rhode Island political analogies will change that.

B-Magic might win on tape when the footage drops because I doubt people at the venue caught all his bars, but I guarantee you'll say B-Magic won on tape regardless of who actually won.
DJQuotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #16
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Holla at us, @DJQuotes
Old 12-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #17
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuotes View Post
Battle rappers who are more aggressive with their delivery and less complicated with their bars will always have the edge live at the venue because most of the fans there are drunk and high, won't catch all the bars, and will get more hype from the way someone said something rather than what they actually said.

When you watch a battle repeatedly on youtube, you can catch all the bars and make a more accurate judgment.

It's as simple as that.

Ill Will won in the room. No matter how many of these "weird" threads you make hatin on Ill Will or making Rhode Island political analogies will change that.

B-Magic might win on tape when the footage drops because I doubt people at the venue caught all his bars, but I guarantee you'll say B-Magic won on tape regardless of who actually won.
there is only one person in this thread talking about ill will vs b magic... you

wth? these people get so emotional about battlers i watch... they drive themselves crazy

reply to this if u like getting boinked in ur ass... doesnt matter wut u say... just reply with anything if u "do" that "kind of stuff"

Last edited by WillyRotel; 12-19-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #18
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
Where would anyone get 70-80% loss of vibe? That's too specific a number to not have evidence to back it up.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #19
DJQuotes

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
DJQuotes is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRotel View Post
there is only one person in this thread talking about ill will vs b magic... you

wth? these people get so emotional about battlers i watch... they drive themselves crazy
What a "weird" response.
DJQuotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #20
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuotes View Post
W
read this much and stopped... really didnt matter wut he said... guess "he does in fact like getting boinked in the ass

better put this phaggot on ignore lmfao

not much.......... OH SHIT!!!!... hold up! I just won $600 on a scratchoff ticket! wut a great night for me... my life could not be any more perfect right now
Old 12-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #21
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebertXela View Post
Where would anyone get 70-80% loss of vibe? That's too specific a number to not have evidence to back it up.
was wondering this as well... @TheRealDetour. can u shed sum light on how u get ur stats?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #22
6000GP
tupac back

I don't think this is what OP is saying, but since we're here...

Which is greater?

500 people live, or 500,000 people online?

I'm on the fense, tbh, but I can entertain an argument either way...
Old 12-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #23
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I don't think this is what OP is saying, but since we're here...

Which is greater?

500 people live, or 500,000 people online?

I'm on the fense, tbh, but I can entertain an argument either way...
i would love to hear the argument for how 500 is greater than 500,000... i have never heard a logical one... nor do i believe a logical one exists... so if u have won... i would be interested...

edit... minus the short term argumen... "book ur next battle before the footage drops"
Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #24
bells720
Posts Things

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
bells720 is not the worst person
This image perfectly sums up the relationship b/w live event fans and battlers who yell a lot:

Old 12-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #25
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Can anyone make an argument why someone watching live would be a better judge than that same person watching on video later (assuming footage was not edited to the point where the performance was misrepresented)? Seriously, just one reason?

When you are at the event:
a) you are likely intoxicated
b) you are being influenced by the mob mentality (though unfortunately some people still like to believe that an "unbiased opinion" is something that exists in reality
c) you may not hear everything the battlers say
d) you can't pause or rewind anything
e) you may have been standing for hours and are tired by the time the battle happens

I'm sure live events are fun, but let's stop pretending that "winning live" should mean anything other than gaining those fans at the venue. Ultimately your performance should ONLY be judged by how it comes off on video.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #26
WillyRotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bells720 View Post
This image perfectly sums up the relationship b/w live event fans and battlers who yell a lot:

spot on
Old 12-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #27
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
Can anyone make an argument why someone watching live would be a better judge than that same person watching on video later (assuming footage was not edited to the point where the performance was misrepresented)? Seriously, just one reason?

b) you are being influenced by the mob mentality (though unfortunately some people still like to believe that an "unbiased opinion" is something that exists in reality
e) you may have been standing for hours and are tired by the time the battle happens

I'm sure live events are fun, but let's stop pretending that "winning live" should mean anything other than gaining those fans at the venue. Ultimately your performance should ONLY be judged by how it comes off on video.
U aint neva lie..

The last live event I went to was botb5, and while it was official ah, the best LIVE battle from that event (imo) was heartless vs syd vicious

Lol, that battle is an after thought amongst the millions of people who've watched any footage from that event
Old 12-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #28
6000GP
tupac back

@NatGeografik, I gotta spread rep around
Old 12-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #29
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
obviously ud have this opinion if you've never been to an event (or left ur house)
u only know wat ya "know"

its like that cat in the box who doesen't know its in a box or isin't actually in the box or some shit like that

edit, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

Last edited by SpecialOh; 12-19-2013 at 05:53 AM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #30
WillyRotel

Quote:

good post... i could even add more... but u hit enough points
Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #31
HASH WEDNESDAY

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
HASH WEDNESDAY is a PY Poster
Quote:

definatly B
HASH WEDNESDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Ken I. Kickett
Why Yes, you may...

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Ken I. Kickett is not the worst person
Willy 'knows' the 'edge' of an 'L' shaped blade. And that (no)ladies and gentlefriends, is called 'Street Rapper Smarts'...

...Just to sum it up for the dummies...

___50 Million Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong___

#Endgame

1. Pesci choked, he didn't plan it.
2. WRC tapes were not stolen, they were recorded over and no one wanted to admit it.

RALEIGHSCIENCE.COM
Ken I. Kickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #33
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1464 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
ITT people argue against the idea of real life experiences for some reason
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #34
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
willy is right... wut a "surprise"

I agree. You can't go by live audience opinion when you're judging a battle's overall winner. That's only one element to it all
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
Jimbo Slice
I'm The One Who Knocks

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Jimbo Slice is not the worst person
Every time I see "seasoned fans" I imagine people watching battles and shaking salt and pepper (no push it) on themselves. And I gotta be honest, I chuckle everytime.

Willy kicking that real shit in this thread though.
Jimbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #36
NatGeografik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice View Post
Every time I see "seasoned fans" I imagine people watching battles and shaking salt and pepper (no push it) on themselves. And I gotta be honest, I chuckle everytime.

Willy kicking that real shit in this thread though.
You think of seasonings and ALL you can come up with is salt and pepper??

Lets get some paprika in this mix
Old 12-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #37
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I think it also depends on what you like. Allot of guys that are just bars don't do well live. There's a different vibe on to look good live and look good on camera and there are very few that can do both. You have to decide what is more important to you.

Diz and B magic are two great examples B Magic don't seem to do well live He doesn't seem to have the charisma or energy or delivery or something that's missing to really connect with the live fans or he don't care about the live fans and just really working on the camera footage.

Diz I've seen live and you really don't understand why Diz is in the position he's in if you have never seen him live.

Plus live you can't rewind and break down every lyric within every angle to try to find whats wrong with it.
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #38
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I don't really rewatch battles rewind them too much unless it's a crazy line I watch like it's watched live. I think if you say things that too much go over peoples heads they need to study to get what you say than that's a weakness in your style. Somebody shouldn't have to watch it 5 times to finally say he won
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #39
Coldcat206

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Coldcat206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothCutProductions View Post
The vibe when you go to a live event is alot different. Alot of times you're so into the battling atmosphere at the event that you think you heard something hot that really ends up being an average line on youtube. I was at vendetta and the canibus and diz battle was a murder on youtube but so much worse in person. During Diz's third the crowd was ready to jump in the ring just to stop Diz and leave canibus with some dignity.
hahaha yea bro, that shit was MUCH worse in person...I had my hands over my face playing peek-a-boo and shit with the battle lol...on tape its bad but NOTHING close to what it was like in person.
Coldcat206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #40
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
I don't understand the title. By "seasoned fan" it seems like u are using that term to basically describe fans who are at home and watch the battle videos. Seasoned fan and fans at home are not the same thing, those terms are mutually exclusive. For example, I have gone to live events and seen some of the same faces or "seasoned fans" for the past ten years. On the flip side, someone newly into battles who never attended an event and only started watching battles a month ago can't be labeled a "seasoned fan" by this thread's definition. Someone should change the title to fans who only watch videos vs those who attend live if u want to be clear on who the the distinction is being made between.

I'd say there are a lot of fans that go both live and watch videos. Each are fun in their own right. But by knowing the "results", it's not really clear what that means either as battles are rarely judged these days. Only thing the live fans have an advantage on is knowing what the bars or performance looked like before the video is released. Otherwise there is no legitimate decision or "result" made, except for the typical opinion where we all say person A won or person B lost, which means nothing whether ur at home or live, since we all got differing opinions and interests.

Carter Deems>>>>>>

Last edited by rocky; 12-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8230, endgame