Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Who is not being "PUT ON" that should be? (west coast)

Old 03-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #121
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMc K View Post
Liability or not, he's a draw. Tell me Qleen won't sell tickets.
Assuming the events are around B2B size, I don't see Qleen being on the card making a difference as far as ticket sales go. PPV sure, but tickets? The venues will fill up based on the local talent.

They don't need to bring in outside names to sell out a small venue in California.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:07 AM   #122
Rice-A-Roni

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Rice-A-Roni is a PY Poster
warbux
Rice-A-Roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #123
iamHBY

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Type-Z and Derez seem like they'd do well in Cali.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #124
phoenix

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
Get Eurgh and Cruger back to the states. They always killed it there.
@AVOCADO
phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #125
Smrrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smrrr is not the worst person
Frak
Fredo
Everybody knows
Smrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #126
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 829 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
megadef should get bigger opportunities imo

ek is back and always entertains

also check out the kid Urban. when his battle vs syd vicious drops yall will be in for some shit
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #127
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Surgeon General
High Collide
Madness
Troy Brown
Roosevelt
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #128
deathstare
thebraidthemyththelegend

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
deathstare has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice-A-Roni View Post
warbux

1 - THE KANG
2 - TONY SHARKS
3 - CASUAL
4 - THACITY
5 - VAallDAY
6 - Kbomb
7 - brodeezy
8 - Willy Pilgrim
9 - Yagerbomb
10- Adarone
deathstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #129
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Seeing Warbux choke was the best thing ever. He was talking so much shit to S.K. before that happened and laid a fucking egg. It shut him and all of his supporters on rapmusic the fuck up. Great moment.

Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #130
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I do fuck with kotd, tho. I've given them hundreds of dollars for PPVs over the years.

But anyway, I think they have pretty much everyone relevant for their style of product. There are some slept on street rappers in California, but I don't really wanna see them on kotd, tbch. For example, the other day my homie reminded me about this dude called taj-he spitz, who is fucking fire. Dude is from Fairfield, and had a couple battles online years ago. We were talking about how he should battle again to get his music more buzz, but I thought that kotd would be bad for his image and there's no other outlets out here for a guy like that. My friend didnt see it the same way, but everyone's gotta an opinion, so yea.

But really, I like kotd for what it originally was about, and when they go back to their roots with battles like cheddar cheese vs carter deems and rone vs illmac, that's when they're at their best for my tastes. Lu cipher is dope tho, he could get more looks. I think Porich belongs on the main channel and at big events, too. Other than that, I don't really have any input. My only issue is with the matchups.

Taj-he spits is a recording artist I don't think he'd wanna battle anymore. Check hIm on youtube he actually has a decent following
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #131
thekotdchain

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
thekotdchain probably likes in here/hair word play
Fredo.
  • Pat Stay
  • Real Deal
  • Head Ice

thekotdchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:42 AM   #132
eL sparX

eL sparX is not the worst person
just wanted to echo madflex and pnut. both are guaranteed to take battle seriously, bring that shit and have been puttin on performance after performance on the platform. love the way flex has grown and progressed with each battle... dude's a beast and has his peer's respect, would like to see where/if his warpath is halted. imo there's only a few around who can keep up on their best night. pnut, on the other hand, is undeniably dope af but seems to get slighted and shat on by other battlers. from multiple name changes to residing in br purgatory, he's not taken as serious as he is formidable... iwhether in good fun or not. I do really like the dose and efarrell match ups, stoked.

even tho the qp's can both be sketchy bookings I feel they're worth it at this point... and they've kinda turned a corner with the professionalism. however, I think quantum and qleen would prefer to battle their 'legit' opponents on black ice.

ek's recent media offerings have directly translated into building my interest in seeing him battle, well done. I'm hoping he uses similar approach vs frak as he's taken while interacting with relatively green battlers in the past 2 wo tdog lik ego vids. the 'laughing at you not with you' and 'scenier/headier than thou' tact could send yung frak for a loop. I'm all for newer/younger battlers getting the 'trial by fire' treatment and having their Steeze/wit tested outside of their battles, as well. this vet approach to weeding out the runt/weak newcomers is widely used in hippy/wook circles, but battle rap needs it bad and there's def no shortage of jaded old timers willing to pad their own ego while diminishing some padawan's. if you just get steamrolled and left behind while bs'ing I can't expect you not to get roasted when pitted against witty, battle-tested opponents. Survival of the illest!

Ncredable seems to be the latest in the line of 'turf tested, hood approved' street battlers on kotd who have decided to follow aspect over to url. he's got a pg on one of the url west cards coming up.

ummm, don't think I've seen bdot mentioned. get him diz. retirement on your own terms is not real life, sorry dude
eL sparX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 AM   #133
Bawlin

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Bawlin is better than Grind Time AustraliaBawlin is better than Grind Time Australia
Heartless aka Charlie clips` papi.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #134
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
this thread is frightening tbh
so we're really running with this "two separate genres" shit huh?

most of the people being named are either already being pushed (force fed to us really)or are deservedly not supposed to be ever heard from again

its no wonder cats are tryna get a WC PG when fuckin Laughin Stalk is considered their equal-like what are we doing here?

let me find out Billy Boondocks and 6Kgp were right
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #135
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1170 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
this thread is frightening tbh
so we're really running with this "two separate genres" shit huh?

most of the people being named are either already being pushed (force fed to us really)or are deservedly not supposed to be ever heard from again

its no wonder cats are tryna get a WC PG when fuckin Laughin Stalk is considered their equal-like what are we doing here?

let me find out Billy Boondocks and 6Kgp were right
not trying to be rude but i don't get your post...care to elaborate?
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #136
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1170 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
thanks for all the suggestions guys! threads like these really help!
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #137
JayWalker
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JayWalker is not the worst person
Y'all got it too dope out there. I wanna move west!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3D -- No Coast -- East Coast Connection Media
JayWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #138
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL sparX View Post
this vet approach to weeding out the runt/weak newcomers is widely used in hippy/wook circles
YO. This guy fucking gets it. I do feel that parallels can be drawn between modern BR and wook culture, thats crazy that you mention it. A friend of mine considers it more akin to rainbow culture but I haven't spent enough time in the sticks to differentiate between the two.

I am The Wook Behind The Cam
everybody knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:21 AM   #139
RobinCount

RobinCount is a PY Poster
TOPR vs rugged, medina, reverse. Watch in order and enjoy how the comraderie and mutual (dis)respect used to be. Please come back, TOPR. There is a void that has genuinely been left by the passing of Caddy, no disrespect. Sorry, drunk off that allocated shit.

Last edited by RobinCount; 03-22-2016 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Fuckrd up the verbiage
RobinCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #140
eL sparX

eL sparX is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody knows View Post
YO. This guy fucking gets it. I do feel that parallels can be drawn between modern BR and wook culture, thats crazy that you mention it. A friend of mine considers it more akin to rainbow culture but I haven't spent enough time in the sticks to differentiate between the two.

I am The Wook Behind The Cam
hah i truly appreciate running across others who occupy that middle space of the battlerap/wookie venn-diagram. we're a rare breed and real recognize real (no rbe or r3). however, the day i see fredo using an oven made out of wet clay/twigs or murda mook refuse a paycheck bc he "dont accept cash... just heady trades breh" is when i'll agree with your friend on the rainbow comparison.

in any subculture, groms are groms til they show otherwise. no free passes. if the shit was for everyone it prob wouldnt be so niche. keep up the good work, ek!

battlerapper: "fuckin faggot... you gonna take the 'L'."
heady wook: "truckin? classic... who wanna take some 'L'."
i'm different...

Last edited by eL sparX; 03-22-2016 at 05:09 AM.
eL sparX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #141
Wake
antilluminati

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Wake is not the worst person
What happened to 9dm again..?
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #142
JR77

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake View Post
What happened to 9dm again..?
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote